• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sorry, you have to wait 48 hours to report a missing person.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Small little questionnaire involving kids running away. o3o;

• What would you think when you found out your kid ran away?
  • What would you do when you found them/they came home?
  • Have you ever ran away from home?
  • How did your parents react, did you get in trouble?

blue

gucci
Years
I'd be distraught & wouldn't want to think it's true.
I'd never forget that moment.
Nah and I don't think I've ever had that idea.
Didn't do it ^^

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Haha, once I had been reading some books (The Boxcar Children I think) and thought running away would be fun! So I put some snacks and things I "needed" in my blankie, and carried it down the street. I got three houses down, realized I would probably need to wear shoes if I was going to run away, and then my friend came outside and I got distracted playing with her and forgot to run away. I don't think my mom even knew I was gone. Good times, good times.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I would be such an awesome parent that my children would never run away.

Or I would be such a tyrant that they know they'd have three hours of being tied to a lamp post if they ever tried to escape from me.

Either way, I'm not planning on having children so it doesn't matter.

I've never felt like it would be a good idea to seriously run away from home. Where would I even go? It's just a stupid idea unless your parents are genuinely abusing you. I thought about doing it for fun and then coming back after like an hour, but then decided it wouldn't be that fun and not worth the trouble.

Last edited:

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
What would you think when you found out your kid ran away? I would be worried but not that surprised.
What would you do when you found them/they came home? I'd console them.
Have you ever ran away from home? I've thought about it, but I never did because I couldn't think about where I'd go if I "left" the house. (and I was only like 8 back then and didn't like my mom "controlling" my life)

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
What would you think when you found out your kid ran away?

I'd probably cry and think of all the places they would of went. Then gather a search party. etc.

What would you do when you found them/they came home?

Ask them why they did it, then change it. Give them hugs and smooches and such.

Have you ever ran away from home?

Once, I was 4. x-x I ran around my grandma's house in my nappy. With my dogs new born puppies in a bag. x-x I also locked my whole family in the house as well. Don't ask how I used a key. I was told all this.

How did your parents react, did you get in trouble?

I didn't get in that much trouble because I was only 4. But I got the biggest telling off a 4 year old could.

Puppies survived.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
I don't have one, but I would be so afraid.

Yell at them, but then make them feel at home later.

Nope.

Years
Not answering the first two questions since I'm not having kids.

Yup. In high school I snuck (sneaked?) out of the house at night and didn't come home for a day. I wasn't really gone. I'd just stayed at someone's house for the night and then spent the day in a park somewhere because I didn't want to be home.

They very nearly beat me for it. I got a bit lecture about how much I made them suffer and my personal freedom went from slim to non-existent. I had my computer taken and even the door of my room taken off so I couldn't pretend to be there and sleeping while I was actually sneaking out at night.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
Years
Haha, once I had been reading some books (The Boxcar Children I think) and thought running away would be fun! So I put some snacks and things I "needed" in my blankie, and carried it down the street. I got three houses down, realized I would probably need to wear shoes if I was going to run away, and then my friend came outside and I got distracted playing with her and forgot to run away. I don't think my mom even knew I was gone. Good times, good times.

LMAO, that's kind of what happened to me. I got mad when I was seven and 'ran away'. Put all my money, some crackers, my GameBoy Color, etc. in my pink backpack and set off down the street. I planned to go down the cul-de-sac, cross the fence into the paddock, and walk off into the unknown. Except I couldn't tie my laces, so I left my shoes off, and then I stepped on an ants' nest XD; Ran home crying. My mom just laughed.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2013
I don't feel like I can answer the first two questions, even hypothetically, since I don't have kids and I honestly don't know how I'd feel if they ran away from home, nor would I know what to do. It would depend if they were seriously running away or if they were just mad and "ran away" by going around the block once and hiding in the backyard or something. Soooo~

Have I ever tried to run away from home? Nope. I was far too lazy for that tbh. Plus, I knew I'd be giving up food, shelter, a comfy bed... even my parents have said that they were never worried about me running away from home because they knew I couldn't part from the luxuries of living at home, haha.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 2, 2024
Well, if I have children and if one of them runs away from home, I would cry. I would figure that I wasdoing something wrong and that my children were unhappy with the way that I'm treating them, so they wanted to leave. I would then look for them in the places that they would most likely be, and ten I would call the parents of their friends to make sure that they haven't gone to their houses. I would get a search party together, and if it was necessary, eventually, I would file a missing child report. When the child returned, I wouldn't be angry, but I would definitely talk to the child about why he ran away, and I would correct that.

Yes, I tried to run away from home once when I was about four. I was told that I put on a backpack with some snacks and wore my brother's football equipment, and I tried to go down the street, but my neighbors caught me and brought me to my house, lol. My mom wasn't angry. She just laughed :3

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
  • What would you think when you found out your kid ran away?: I'd be worried sick.
  • What would you do when you found them/they came home?: I'd scold thhem for running away and ask them why they did it and punish them if necessary.
  • Have you ever ran away from home?: I almost did, once for disagreeing with my dad on Internet policies.
  • How did your parents react, did you get in trouble?: Yeah. My Internet got limited regardless.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I've never run away from home. I remember my sister tried packing once though, and Mum helped her because she thought it was funny lol.

If my kid ran away, I doubt I'd panic. I hate making a big deal over something that isn't a big deal. They're small, how far could they have gotten, right? Just fire up the car and go around the block.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
Years

[*]What would you do when you found them/they came home?

/Never ever gonna have kids

• Have you ever ran away from home? Surprisingly, no! :o But I was planning to run away xD But I forgot to >.>

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016

I'd be shocked obviously and would be as much as I can to find them.

I don't know actually, I think I'd just talk to them about it and ask why they did it and sort that problem out. I'd just be glad to have them home.

Nope, I've thought of it a few times, when I've been upset, just too lazy though. There was a time when I was 8 I was really upset because my older brother kept annoying me and went and sat outside for half an hour. xD

Meh, they just knew I was being a little too childish and my mum told me to come back inside and have dinner. xD

/I'm not very exciting.

miju-kun

soaring
Years
  • Seen May 28, 2014

haha like i care
No.
No. xD

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
If my kids ran away, i'd be torn between worried and angry. And when/if they did return, I'd have to have a long talk with them, as to why they ran away and how to keep it from happening again, whether it's something they would have to do/change or that I would have to do.

I seriously considered running away on several occasions (and sometimes still do) but then I'm reminded that I didn't have enough money to live on my own, and that stopped me. Really though, with my family, the prospect has seemed very tempting on more than one occasion...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
Why did s/he run away? Where did s/he go? Is s/he okay?

Tell them to never do that again, just talk about any problems. Lock them up in their room.

Tried to, nobody noticed after 9 hours so I just came back. :<

They didn't care :Y

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
•What would you think when you found out your kid ran away?
I would be really mad and worried

•What would you do when you found them/they came home?
If they were kidnapped or something else then that would save them from getting the butt kicking and grounding of a lifetime

•Have you ever ran away from home?
Nope, never tried as a child, teenage nor did I even think about doing it as a child or teen, because I know that I depend on my parents (and still do depend on them)

•How did your parents react, did you get in trouble?
I never did it so I would never know neither did my siblings....we are too smart for that teen angst bull crap

:t354:TG

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
What would you think when you found out your kid ran away? I'm a paranoid person as it is, and I can say with certainty that I would assume that someone kidnapped them from the house. If I found out that they willingly ran away, then I would be slightly relieved for a minute or two, then get paranoid about them getting kidnapped while they were out there alone.
What would you do when you found them/they came home? I don't know.
Have you ever ran away from home? I tried once. I made it three blocks and decided I was hungry. Then I went back home.
How did your parents react, did you get in trouble? They didn't know.

Back