• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
I'm always beating myself up for being so lazy. Glad you guys are with me!

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
I'll take the first "y," no telling what the second one stands for. :s Yay!

Speaking of procrastinating, let's think of a conversation topic before I go back to doing real work! Hurry! Stop procrastinating!!

Sir Codin

I've skipped classes before, but usually only because I slept in too much of the class and travelling there wouldn't have any point to it.

I have, however, completely blown off an entire course because it was too much for me (I was taking too many hard classes at the time), not to mention I was going through a bad bout of depression.

And if I want to graduate soon, I have to retake it.

Go me...

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
I don't have anything funny to say. This sucks.

e: hey carcharger promise I'm responding give me a sec
e2: I've done that, and you have more balls than me, I wouldn't have admitted that publicly. (It also helps that you're a man, assuming you still have balls. You never know)

Sir Codin

Keep in mind, in college, what your major is also puts some perspective on your grades. Some majors are easier than others.

Oh, you're a straight-A Liberal Arts major? Fantastic, now try some Cellular/Molecular Biology and Computer Programming.

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
School can be overwhelming, dude. Don't know if you saw my edit, but I just stopped attending a course too at one point because I was so overwhelmed. You've gotten this far, though, maybe knowing that will help push you through it?

droomph

weeb
Years
Just keep trying because that's how I get through a level - keep failing until I succeed. Except here, it's more like retake it once or twice rather than 50 times.
Spoiler:

Sir Codin

School can be overwhelming, dude. Don't know if you saw my edit, but I just stopped attending a course too at one point because I was so overwhelmed. You've gotten this far, though, maybe knowing that will help push you through it?
Yeah, I know that much.

Having a bad semester can be damaging to your GPA, though. I had an overall GPA of 3.2 before the depression semester. Afterwards? 2.911.

And this semester only bumped it up to 2.931. Although, at my college, my overall GPA is still above average for Biology majors.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
You never know
I don't know whether to laugh or be creeped out. X)

Edit:
I've never "skipped" classes (partially because I'm homeschooled so it's not really possible). I was late for a history class (which isn't at home), but it was because I had to wait for my mom to get ready (she teaches in the same building). She had lost part of her thumb in a cooking incident a few days before, which made it difficult for her to get ready.

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
I can't think of very many people with a perfect history in college, though. So don't be too hard on yourself! And don't let depression rough you up. I did the same thing for the same reasons and I ended up in a psychiatric ward and lost my job over it. Ugh. Are you seeing anyone?

I sound so...crazy. Feel free to not answer, that's a pretty personal question.

whoa, i meant a psychiatrist or therapist. yipes. hope you see this edit :-D I'm here all night

Sir Codin

You're talking to me, right?

Yeah, I am seeing a psychiatrist and I'm feeling loads and loads better. Never ended up in a ward though. For some reason, despite all the suicidal thoughts and depression I've ever had, I've remained sane enough to always realize there was a way out of the tunnel. And if I didn't feel like there was, I'd talk to someone about it.

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
Oh, yes, Carcharger, sorry I didn't specify. It's so good you're able to rationalize with yourself. I'm manic-depressive, so when I get depressed I get totally out of control, all the reasoning in the world can't change my thoughts.

I'm glad the psychiatrist has helped. Do you feel you'll be able to make it through that course?

Sir Codin

Though, it won't be for a long time. I'm on a schedule now and I'm not slated for the course next semester.

In case anyone's interested I'm taking next semester:

- Plant/Animal Form & Function
- Vertebrate Natural History (specifically those of Central California)
- Literature, Film & Culture (nice little writing course, not to mention it fulfills a University requirement)

Oh, and I'm also working 24 hours a week during the semester, though I might reduce if things get too stressful. My employers are pretty lenient.

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
What fun things to study. My biggest issue with going back to school is deciding what the hell I want to study. Everything is so darn interesting

Gideon Jeremiah

The giving Pokèmon breeder
Years
In case anyone's interested I'm taking next semester:

- Plant/Animal Form & Function
- Vertebrate Natural History (specifically those of Central California)
- Literature, Film & Culture (nice little writing course, not to mention it fulfills a University requirement)

I haven't spoke to you before, but by that class selection, you have won my respect. :)

If I wasn't geared towards Theology & the Seminary, I would absolutely study Plant/Animal Form & Function alongside Physics.

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
Hope you don't mind me asking: What kind of seminary are you looking for? And are you currently in ministry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back