• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2013
Good training locations?

So, I have reached the elite four. With one issue
My team is quite under leveled. The only thing is I don't know anywhere to find good trainers or pokemon to battle against. My pokemon currently active are:
Level 50 Zapdos
Level 44 Arbok
Level 35 Arcanine
Level 40 Lapras
Level 41 Charizard
Level 41 Dodrio

So does anyone know a good area to train my team?

Years
I used to have half of my team very similar to yours...
I recommend getting them to level 60 if you want to beat the E4 easily.

I use to train them on 1 Island, there are a few trainers outside the spa, that's a good spot, I spend most of my training there.

Also you can go through all the citys and routes challenging all the trainers, some of them will very usefull since they have leveled up their team, some of them haved evolved their pokemon or even add more members to their parties, that way your team would level up relatively quick.

Hope this will help you :)

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2013
Emerald corrupt

I beat the elite 4 and the champion. The game auto-saved and ran through the credits but when i tried to load it says 'The save file has been erased due to corruption or damage'. 'The game can be played'.

Then it only has the option for a new game.

Is it fixable?

Apparently this is a common problem to have after beating elite 4 on emerald. If I buy another emerald is there any way to know if it's bad or not? This one is able to save except for at the elite 4.

Could it be a fake cartridge? A lot of people say this only happens on fake games.

A lot of people using emulators have this problem too but this is on my ds lite.

Years
I beat the elite 4 and the champion. The game auto-saved and ran through the credits but when i tried to load it says 'The save file has been erased due to corruption or damage'. 'The game can be played'.

Then it only has the option for a new game.

Is it fixable?

Apparently this is a common problem to have after beating elite 4 on emerald. If I buy another emerald is there any way to know if it's bad or not? This one is able to save except for at the elite 4.

Could it be a fake cartridge? A lot of people say this only happens on fake games.

A lot of people using emulators have this problem too but this is on my ds lite.

I did a bit of studying and research and it looks like you have a fake cartridge.

I'd advise reading this so you can see if your game is fake. And yes I would advise getting a new copy of the game, remember to ask so that you know it's a legitimate copy. Just remember to post pictures of the cartridge just in case so we can help identify if it's a fake.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I did a bit of studying and research and it looks like you have a fake cartridge.

I'd advise reading this so you can see if your game is fake. And yes I would advise getting a new copy of the game, remember to ask so that you know it's a legitimate copy. Just remember to post pictures of the cartridge just in case so we can help identify if it's a fake.

Just gonna add a bit to this, instead of going through a process of asking people and such just try and buy the game from a legit store - or amazon/play or w/e you order from, avoid ebay unless the seller has good reputation or w/e they use.

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2013
Are these Pokemon GBA games fake?

Look, I posted this in Pokémon General already, and all of them never even gave me a legit full answer, just some troll videos. So I will ask this to you guys now, (please give me a full legit answer). Are these Pokémon GBA games FAKE?? I bought these 16 Pokémon GBA games from iOffer.com and when I tested them, they worked pretty well, but the labeling seemed weird. So is it REAL or FAKE? I've got a picture attached, so you can see closely. Thank you to those who gave me a LEGIT answer.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Look, I posted this in Pokémon General already, and all of them never even gave me a legit full answer, just some troll videos. So I will ask this to you guys now, (please give me a full legit answer). Are these Pokémon GBA games FAKE?? I bought these 16 Pokémon GBA games from iOffer.com and when I tested them, they worked pretty well, but the labeling seemed weird. So is it REAL or FAKE? I've got a picture attached, so you can see closely. Thank you to those who gave me a LEGIT answer.

YES ALL OF THEM ARE FAKE!

Don't buy them you're wasting your money. There is also a better guide to fake games in the Adv Gen Forum FAQ.

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
How do I get through here?

So, I've returned to the Magma Hideout after earning badge #7 and found a way into the room pictured in my screenshot. Is there a way to enter the too-small doorway at the top of the steps...or a way to unseal the exit at rhe bottom? Please help if you can!

Last edited:

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
I confess--I had the GS code for passing walls turned on, because I wanted to check for Groudon in the volcanic areas. Lsgitimately finding Kyogre on a surfing expedition, made me wonder where Rayquaza and Groudon were.

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
Bad egg in my PC, need help removing!

I'm playing Emerald on Visual Boy Advanced, and recently found a bad egg in my storage. So far, I've tried two removal codes from YouTube and failed; could someone please help me get rid of the thing? Many thanks!

Years
Bad egg in my PC, need help removing!

There is no way to remove them. The codes are fake and could just cause more of them to appear. The only thing you can really do is move it to a separate box

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 30, 2013
Help with Team Build?

I've decided to dig out my GBA and play Emerald due to nostalgia, but turns out my save file is gone so im starting a new one. I have this premade team in mind and can you rate this or give me any advice, although im not gonna put moves( I dont plan to have a hm slave ) :D

5 Pokemon I decided to keep

Swampert ( little to none grass + great sweeper )
Nature: Adamant?

Gardevoir ( Sp ATK sweeper )
Nature : Calm?

Machamp ( Physical sweeper )
Nature : Naughty or Naive?

Manectric ( Special ATK and good speed )
Nature : Calm?

Altaria ( Spt ATK sweep and decent speed )
Nature : Mild?

Wild card Pokemon ( What type would complete this team? Fire or Grass ?)

Camerupt ( ATk and SpAtk sweep )
Nature: Naive?

or

Roserade ( Spt ATk and Sp DEF )
Nature: Timid?

P.S. I'm not that good in team building anyways {D:}

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
Unless you get a roserade with spikes, then I would use camerupt instead. Camerupt is a very powerful Pokemon in Emerald. When I played through the game with a fire monotype team he was very key. I'd put Camerupt instead of roserade and I qould give him this moveset:

Overheat (TM50) - STAB move and extremely powerful
Earthquake (Lvel 37) - STAB move and very powerful
Rock Slide (Level 33) - Very powerful
Rest (TM44) - Restore HP

Adamant Swampert is powerful as well. He/she would be a good lead. Choose between these two movesets for him/her:

Muddy Water
Rest
Blizzard
Dive

Or

Ice Beam
Curse
Hydro Pump
Muddy Water

Calm Gardevoir is find. I'm sure you have good attack moves for it, just make sure you give it Calm Mind. If you stock up with Calm Mind for a few turns then you'll be able to sweep teams with ease.

Really adamant Machamp would be best imo, but go ahead with naughty. Everything else looks okay, nice even looking team. Just watch out for ground types. :)

Years
What, Roserade? There is no Roserade in Gen III... It's just Roselia, guys!

Swampert: I don't like the idea of having -Sp.Atk on a Special Sweeper. Can you breed it and get another Nature? For Swampert I'd say a neutral or a -Def, since it's not that important for him. I don't like moves like Hydro Pump nor Muddy Water, they miss too much compared to Surf and most times you don't need that much power when you already have STAB. If the move is already 95 power, go for accuracy!

Gardevoir: Calm is okay, and don't forget Calm Mind!

Machamp: Adamant nature is the best... it's not hard to catch a Machop, so why not go for it? :3

Manectric: okay, there aren't many Electric-types in Hoen anyway... if you want more Electric moves you can teach Thunderbolt to Gardevoir.

Altaria: I've never used it before... What about a Dragon Dancer? That's what most people use it, I think, and it looks good. There aren't many physical moves, only Aerial Ace and Earthquake, but at least these two cover many resistences. If you want a special Altaria, I'd say the combo Flamethrower/Dragon Claw is a must.

Go for Camerupt! It's the best mixed sweeper I've ever used. Earthquake and Flamethrower STABed can kill almost anything. Just make sure he survives, because his 4x weakness to water (and 2x to ground) might make him hard to use. Try Rock Slide too, as HaImNate said. Explosion is an option too, if you know how to use it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2014
Does This Increase Chances of seeing Shiny Pokemon?

Maybe I just got lucky, but one time I was in a square of grass. I pressed the D-Pad left right up down etc while maintaining my same position until I encountered a Pokemon. What I mean by this if that didn't make any sense was that I rotated the avatar using the D-pad without moving squares and repeated this processes. After doing this many times and fighting the same Pokemon multiple times I saw a shiny Pokemon. I rotated again until I saw another shiny Pokemon right after. I thought it was extremely odd to see two shiny Pokemon in a row like this without using a cheating device. I'm also playing Emerald.

Does anyone know if the above method I described helps encounter shiny Pokemon?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 30, 2013
Oh Btw, I'm switching out Altaria with Salalmence due to higheER Sp. Atk and better stats}
And Machamp because I cant trade Machop!! T T What should be the substitute for a fighting type? Would Hariyama do?

Last edited:
Years
I don't know... I don't think so anyway.

The chances of getting a shiny pokémon are 1 in 8192 (0,012%) so they are, as everybody know, extremely rare. Now, you're sayin you encounter the same creature over and over again until it came out shiny, that's normal, but encountering a second one right after it?!? Well... you are a lucky bastard. xD

That's all I know, there's no special way of getting shiny pokémon quick without using cheat codes. You just gotta look for them patiently and of course, have the luck on your side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back