• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did you use your Togepi?

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2013
I always box him, I mean, he doesn't have an exactly good moveset on Gen II and I don't really like the remakes, so I almost never use him.

T-Zombie

The End (?)
Years
I used Togepi in Heart Gold and he evolved into a Togetic I never evolved him because I hate Togekiss.
His final move set was: Fly, Shadow ball, Psychic, and Metronome

Emilia1234

Relapsed
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 8, 2013
I used mine until Togetic, but soon boxed her. If I'd stuck with her until Togekiss, perhaps she would have been more useful. Togepi and its evolutions' stats and move pool aren't terribly good, though, and the chances of the one from the NPC having good IVs are tiny, anyway. ;_;

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
My Togepi in Soul Silver, is very bored, its sitting in the PC Box. I don't like Togepi's design so it won't be used in my teams. In the games, I go by Pokemon design instead of stats or moves.

Sirfetch’d

I never used mine because I couldn't fit it in on my team.

Edsbob

TECHNOLOGY TODAY IS INCREDIBLE
Years
I would use Togepi, evolve it into Togekiss. Have too much fun reverse Hyper beaming Dragonites of a certain Elite Four member. Good times...

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Noooope. I remember playing Platinum and being vaguely excited because I didn't know what was in the mysterious egg and then being very disappointed when it hatched into a Togepi. I named it Evil or something because I'm a Pokémopolis girl and stuck it in the PC. All Togepi since have had similar treatment except for the one I grudgingly allowed to leech my personality in order for it to grow happy enough to evolve so I would be able to fill the 'dex. Its name was still "Eggthing" or something though.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I've never used Togepi, or for that matter and Egg Pokemon the player receives, in any of the Pokemon Games. I remember back when i first played Silver and we got our first egg i got super excited...and when it actually hatched i never used it ^^

SchwarzRozen

Sugary Delight
Years
I use Togepi in the start of the game (I always egg hatched it in Violet City) because there isn't a large selection to pick from. (The other egg pokemon you see in the games are Happiney's, which are horrible in-game pokemon)

Once I'm over by Chuck, I tend to ditch Togetic and move on to something else. I really don't use it right now in my current run as Hoothoot is my current Norm/Fly pokemon with a better moveset than Metronome.

Altair1

Willpower
Years
I've only used it in SoulSilver, nicknamed it 'Togebo' referencing the manga. It's now a level 57 Togekiss, I still haven't beat all Kanto leaders as I'm juggling all the 4th and 5th Gen games at the moment! ... It's worth the time to raise it from a Togepi I'd say.

Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2013
in HG/SS, i use it because it have extrasensory. but i'll use it if its happiness has max and i've gotten shiny stone. i want to evolve it as soon as possible.

Warship

異議あり!
Years
i tried once but got bored with it a few minutes later so i boxed it and took it out only to evolve it into a togekiss for my pokedex in both heartgold and platinum

Years
I actually use it in my platinum game, I rise her, and once evolved in togekiss i make it learn the cool moves like aura sphere and fly, so she still is one of my principal member of my in game team :D

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
No, he just seemed too under powered to me. And my team, by the time I picked him up in whatever game I had, was already 40 times (not an exaggeration) his level and taking the time to train him would be a waste of my precious time. The box is where he is and the box is where he stays.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I never used Togepi in the original Gold game that I played. However I used it as part of my team in Soul Silver. It's a level 90 something Togekiss now.

Never used it in Platinum.

Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2013
I have used my togepi, i still haven't finished HG but it is now evolved to a lvl 29 togetic, and its awesome!

Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2014
I used it, and I glad I did! :) I just love Togekiss ^^ It's my flyer in Platinum and I love his massive Sp. Attack even though fly is a Physical move xD

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
Yes. In HeartGold, I evolved it into a Togetic and then a Togekiss. It is a permanent member of my party and I love it!

Reactions: T!M
Back