• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

General Anime and Manga fan club

Rose Flame

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2004
Well, I must admit that I was hoping our "meeting" would be more beneficial. But, since it wasn't, what can you do? Ok, we all really should start getting things finished up. The summer is almost over. What I need is ideas for the organization for the magazine/website. That's what I really need. So, even though The Adamant Dodger won't be here for a little while, is anyone else going to post?

Firefly

Person who likes Anime
Years
One of the other editors didn't post because for some reason they wouldn't let her and isn't every person going to organize their own section?

Rose Flame

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2004
We have to have a consistent design, and granted, each editor will take care of their own section, but we all have to agree on one design that we'll all use. Otherwise, it would look pretty tacky. The same goes for the website.

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
Years
Alright, I said I wouldn't be here for a while, but my hotel has a public computer. So hi!

Anyway, as far as design, images are necessary. Period. I really don't care where they come from, but line after line of text is awful looking and hard to read. It's one reason why I don't like Fanfiction.net. I'd say if you can find a trelevant image somewhere and it's legal for you to use, then by all means, do so.

Rose Flame

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2004
I agree with that. Images are necessary. I'm thinking of asking my cousin to join as an illustrator, since we really don't have any fan artists. She actually draws nudes, but she's so good at it that I think drawing anime would be a snap for her.

We could also use some ideas for the homepage and the general format of the magazine. (i.e, what fonts should we use, where should the pictures be placed, are division pages necessary?)

~Ozy~

Years
Well, I have a thing for Ariel. Ariel is good. I casn't really demonstrate where images should be placed, but the author's avatar should be placed directly beside the byline. Any pictures within the story should not be placed across multiple columns. I think it would be preferable to keep them towards the center of the page as well, but that's just me.

Rose Flame

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2004
I can't speak for the other editors, but I personally wouldn't like to use the avatars in the magazine, except for the introductory issue. We could save a lot of space by not including them everywhere the username is listed. And I was thinking it over today, I was thinking that I might look nice to have some of the pictures faded into the background, that way we'd have more room for text.

-_- I just can't get anyone of the other editors to discuss this. I suppose it is a boring subject, but it needs to be resolved soon. I really appreciate your help, Takai. But I bet if I can get them all online at the same time, they'll join the discussion.

Oh, and Firefly, I think I know why they wouldn't let Fairy register; did she use her "roam with me" address? If so, that's the problem. Remeber? You used it to register the joke account; "Assley"? If you use a different address, it should work.

Firefly

Person who likes Anime
Years
Oh, well they said she already had an account(the one under the username ivy) but no one could remember the password so they had to send it to her and they said she couldn't post that day but she might be able to now but i doubt she will unless i tell her which i will do tomorrow and as far as the website goes i wasn't planning on using just text anyways so you can relax

Rose Flame

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2004
What are your plans for the website, if you have any? And have you heard anything from 003 lately?

(BTW, I know this is really off-topic, but I'm just dying to tell someone; both of my stories at www.thepokemontower.com just won the Best in Category award! I'm only mentioning it now because I just barely found out.)

Firefly

Person who likes Anime
Years
I can't really describe what i want to do that well in words so i don't think there is really any point in trying but you could tell me some of your ideas if you want to.

Rose Flame

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2004
Maybe I can help you. Let's see...what exactly are you planning for the hompage? Do you have any reference points I can look at, like websites with similiar designs? And what about colors? What are going to be the dominant colors in the design? How can one navigate through to find the info they want? Will there be search bars? Music? Animation?

~Ozy~

Years
Music, I can provide if you want, once I get back home. I got a CD from an amature J-Rock band and I could send it to you if you want.

Rose Flame

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2004
Alright, that sounds good. I just wish I could get a straight answer from Firefly about the design. -_-This is so stressful!

~Ozy~

Years
Okay, it's a deal then. I'll e-mail them to you on the 6th.

On another note, it's hard to get a straight answer from web designers in my experience. All play and no work.

Rose Flame

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2004
Ah, yes, I think that describes Firefly to a tee. But she is very creative and I'm sure she'll do a nice job of it once she starts thinking about it. And thanks, I'll be looking out for those songs.

So, how's Japan?

~Ozy~

Years
Wonderful, so far. We've been in Kyoto the past two days, which has been really interesting. My favorites so far are Nijo Castle (Amazingly massive, I can't think of any other was to describe it), Kinkokuji, surprisingly peaceful for a major tourist site, and Sanjusan-Gendo. It's amazing there to just walk around a corner and see this huge array of Buddah statues. Only negative thing so far is the humidity. For someone like my, born and bred in a dry climate, it's really odd to see moisture on your skin the exact instant you step out the door.

Rose Flame

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2004
I've never heard of any of those places, but it sounds nice. Are you having trouble understanding people? I know Japanese is way different from English.

~Ozy~

Years
I've learned enough Japanese from my high school class to be able to get by. And, as far as I know at least, I haven't offended anyone horribly. The hardest aspect so far has been finding a quiet place to sit and read, I suppose.

Rose Flame

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2004
You have a Japanese class at your school? All we have is French, German, and Spanish. Glad your having a nice time. Have you seen any anime that haven't been released in america yet?

~Ozy~

Years
No, haven't found the time or any channels showing it when I've watched. I watched a Japanese drama, however. Pretty amusing, actually, but touching too. I can tell you with confidence that Japanese commercials are insane. They're about 5 seconds each, and thouroughly wierd.

Back