• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You make the Card!

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Card of Promise: eh... fortunately you can still use it as deck thinner and just blast them away with Hand Destruction or other forms of discard anyway. No reason not to use it.

Should be more like this:

Dark Thunder Dragon
Thunder / Effect
5 Star / Dark
1600 Atk / 1500 Def

Whenever a Dark monster is special summoned from the graveyard, you may add this card from the deck to your hand.

Dark monsters shouldn't have identical effects >3>

Evil Land
Normal Trap

Activate when your opponents play a Field card. Choose and activate one of the following effects:
-Destroy all cards on your opponent's side of the field
-Your opponent discards all cards in his or her hand.

Sharing the Wealth
Normal Trap

Activate when your opponent draws a card outside of the draw phase. Your opponent discards cards from their hand equal to the number of cards your opponent drew. Then, draw cards from your deck equal to the number of cards your opponents drew.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Well, since everyone loves their little corrupted monsters...

Dark Ultimate Tyranno
Monster/Dinosaur/Dark/Effect/10*
Atk 3300/ Def 3000
This monster can be special summoned from your hand by tributing two differently named dark-attribute monsters you control. If this monster destroys a monster your opponent controls, it can and must attack once again in a row.

And now for an odd, new card set...

Alchemy Gauge
Continuous Spell
By sending this face-up spell card to the graveyard, special summon from your deck monsters whose combined Atk is equal to or less than the amount of life point damage you have taken between the activation of this card and the activation of this effect.

Mad Alchemist
Monster/Spellcaster/Dark/Effect/4*
Atk 1400/ Def 1500
The controller of this card takes 400 LP of damage during each of their end phases. When this monster battles with an opponent's monster, you can look at the top card of your deck. If it's a monster, remove it from play, and this monster's original Atk is doubled until the end of the battle phase. All battle damage from a battle involving this monster is doubled.

Mad Surgeon
Monster/Spellcaster/Dark/Effect/4*
Atk 1800/ Def 1000
The controller of this monster takes 800 LP of damage during each of their end phases. All battle damage from a battle involving this monster is doubled. When this monster destroys an opponent's monster, you can send one card in your hand to the graveyard in order to draw one card.

Double-edged Scalpel
Normal Spell
Take one thousand points of damage. Select one "Mad" monster from your deck and add it to your hand.

The remaining monsters will come later, but this is just a taste test.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Dark monsters shouldn't have identical effects >3>

But it's not identical. This is discard and regular is add to hand. [/lame excuse] Yeah, yeah, I see what you mean. Though mind you, that one is a whopping +3 CA for a pretty simple maneuever. Special summoning Snipe Hunter just became a lot more lucrative. =O

Evil Land: Whoa, talk about field spell hate. o.o Too bad none of the current competitive decks run those save for the odd Dragoon D-End strategy. But still...scary stuff.

Sharing the Wealth: so...basically we swipe the opponent's draw effect for our own advantage? Nice, I can see Allure of Darkness players whimpering over this one, but isn't...this card's interaction with Morphing Jar kind of hefty? (Instant discard of your opponent's hand while gaining a whopping +10 yourself. That's...pretty out there. o.o)

Dark Ultimate Tyranno: So basically it's Ultimate Tyranno except better since it has a small special summon trick, a slightly less fatal drawback (since you aren't forced to make that first attack like regular ultimate) and it's dark attribute and therefore potential virus fodder? Erm...yeah, I think we have all the 'superior substitute' bases covered.

Alchemy Gauge: Kind of a masochistic set we're dealing with here, isn't it? Should be...interesting, though you probably won't be getting more than one rush done with this per game.

Mad Alchemist: Umm...can we say crazy damage? If you hit a monster with this, you've got Fusilier on a rampage. Oh, and because of its effect we get something even better, because the effect doubles that 2800-point pain. I shudder to think of the things you could do with this and a swapped Goat Token. o.o

Mad Surgeon: and with just one direct swing from this we're already dealing out 3600 points of hurt, making the - admittedly handy - deck cycling ability almost moot by comparison. The damage potential of these guys is downright ridiculous, especially when you consider what a simple equip spell can do in this equation. Megamorph, anyone? That's 7200 points of damage from a single direct attack, and seeing as how we're taking extra damage just for controlling these guys, establishing the 'less LP than your opponent' situation really shouldn't be a problem.

Double-edged Scalpel: setup for the aforementioned Megamorph shenanigans or possible Alchemy Gauge pump. Otherwise, we'd probably go with Magician's Circle since basically no-one plays spellcasters and these are within the 2000-point range.

Well, I've got to hand it to you, Thesis; you come up with the craziest sets. Still, I'm going to have to call overpowered on this one. A simple Lightning Vortex and some basic swarming tactics is all it takes to put 8000+ points of damage on the table and wipe your opponent out in one fell swoop. It's an interesting concept, but doubling damage is just...a bit too crazy when you account for the fact that we'd always be pining for direct attack with these whereas your opponent would still have to beat through their (fairly formidable) Atks to turn that effect against you. The self-induced burn is almost small enough to be moot too, since we're hitting hard and fast with these anyway.

Unless, of course, we create a card to make these guys cringe. xD

Cruel Vice
Continuous Trap

This card can only be activated when your opponent declares a direct attack. Negate the attack then equip the attacking Monster with this card. A Monster equipped with this card is forced into Attack Position, has its Atk reduced to zero, and can not be destroyed or offered as tribute. During each of your Standby Phases, pay 500 Life Points, otherwise this card is destroyed.

Sweeping Gale
Normal Spell

Check all cards on the Field and in both players' Hands, then destroy the Monster with the lowest Atk. If multiple Monsters have the same Atk, destroy all of them.

The Prisoners' Dilemma
Normal Spell

Both players select a Spell or Trap card from their Deck and reveal it to their opponent. If both players selected a Trap card, both cards are removed from play. If one player selected a Spell card and the other selected a Trap card, both cards are added to the Hand of the player who selected the Trap card. (When the card(s) are sent to the Graveyard, they are sent to the Graveyard of the original owner) If both players selected a Spell card, both players add the card they selected to their Hands.

...and a revamp (last time I revamp these; promise. xD)

Coronation of the Princesses
Normal Spell

Discard one card from your Hand to tribute one Level 4 or lower "Curran" or "Pikeru" Monster on your Field, then apply an effect depending on the name of the tributed Monster:

Ebon Magician Curran: Special Summon one "Princess Curran" from your Hand or Deck, ignoring summoning conditions.
White Magician Pikeru: Special Summon one "Princess Pikeru" From your Hand or Deck, ignoring summoning conditions.
Princess Curran: Special Summon one "Queen Curran" from your Hand or Deck.
Princess Pikeru: Special Summon one "Queen Pikeru" from your Hand or Deck.

Queen Curran
Spellcaster/Effect
8 Star/Dark
3000 Atk / 0 Def

This card can not be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can not be Special Summoned except by the effect of "Coronation of the Princesses". The name of this card on your Field is also treated as "Princess Curran". The effects of your Trap cards can not be negated. Once per turn, you may inflict 900 damage to your opponent for each Monster they control. On the turn this effect is activated, this card can not attack.

Queen Pikeru
Spellcaster/Effect
8 Star/Light
3000 Atk / 0 Def

This card can not be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can not be Special Summoned except by the effect of "Coronation of the Princesses". The name of this card on your Field is also treated as "Princess Pikeru". The effects of your Spell cards can not be negated. Once per turn, you may gain 1200 Life Points for each Monster you control. On the turn this effect is activated, this card can not attack.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
*glances at ACC*

HornedDark Kuriboh
DARK/1 Star
Fiend/Effect
300 ATK/200 DEF
During either player's turn, if this card is in your Graveyard, you may remove it from play in order to inflict damage to your opponent equal to the total amount of damage you have taken during this turn.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Dark Kuriboh: So...basically we're dealing with Volcanic Counter on a serious dose of growth hormones here? Just dump this in your graveyard and you'll put your opponent in a situation where they'll not really want to attack at all unless they can wipe you out on the same turn or get this crowed/kycooed. And it's crush card fodder too. o.o

That is one scary little furball.

But, like, how come you're making fakies for Thesis but just completely ignoring mine? You're breaking my heart, Icha! ;;

Now I must mend it by posting more. XD

Critical Strike

Equip Spell

When a Monster equipped with this card Attacks or is Attacked by a Monster your opponent controls, you may send this card to the Graveyard to destroy that monster without applying Damage Calculation. When the Monster equipped with this card attacks your opponent directly, you may send this card to the Graveyard to increase the Battle Damage from that attack by 2000.

Manju of the Thousand Armaments
Fairy/Spirit/Effect
4 Star/Fire
1200 Atk/ 600 Def

This card can not be Special Summoned. This card returns to the owner's Hand on the End Phase of the turn when it was Normal Summoned or flipped face-up. When this card is Normal Summoned successfully, select one Equip Spell card from your Deck and equip it to this card.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
But, like, how come you're making fakies for Thesis but just completely ignoring mine? You're breaking my heart, Icha! ;;

Because I had to get that one out of my head quick before I forgot it. And making it for Thesis? Because of him, maybe, but not specifically for him.

Also, my mind was a bit too mushy at the time to review, UNLIKE NOW:

Cruel Vice
Continuous Trap

This card can only be activated when your opponent declares a direct attack. Negate the attack then equip the attacking Monster with this card. A Monster equipped with this card is forced into Attack Position, has its Atk reduced to zero, and can not be destroyed or offered as tribute. During each of your Standby Phases, pay 500 Life Points, otherwise this card is destroyed.

So you've basically made a permanent outlet to your opponent's LP. Deadly...very deadly. Cyber Dragon for a cheap 2100 damage+ or Cyber Twin for endgame. At least it still doesn't count as a Direct Attack for cards like Spirit Reaper. Spirit Barrier also gets a laugh out of this.

Sweeping Gale
Normal Spell

Check all cards on the Field and in both players' Hands, then destroy the Monster with the lowest Atk. If multiple Monsters have the same Atk, destroy all of them.

This is useful just for the first effect, specifically for OTK or combo decks. I see some hatred for DD Crow, too; the opponent will have to either let it get destroyed (since that'll probably be the lowest ATK here) or use it on a card that may or may not be important for your turn. Definite potential for mindgames.

...Oh, and did I mention this crushes Exodia & Ojamas?

The Prisoners' Dilemma
Normal Spell

Both players select a Spell or Trap card from their Deck and reveal it to their opponent. If both players selected a Trap card, both cards are removed from play. If one player selected a Spell card and the other selected a Trap card, both cards are added to the Hand of the player who selected the Trap card. (When the card(s) are sent to the Graveyard, they are sent to the Graveyard of the original owner) If both players selected a Spell card, both players add the card they selected to their Hands.

...Wow, you just love your mindgames, don'tcha? I can certainly see you messing with your opponent with this card, and all sorts of evil shenanigans coming out of it...but you might be able to predict what's going to come, so you can plan accordingly. It can also backfire if you guess incorrectly, so I guess it all comes down to how well you play your cardmindgames.

...and a revamp (last time I revamp these; promise. xD)

Coronation of the Princesses
Normal Spell

Discard one card from your Hand to tribute one Level 4 or lower "Curran" or "Pikeru" Monster on your Field, then apply an effect depending on the name of the tributed Monster:

Ebon Magician Curran: Special Summon one "Princess Curran" from your Hand or Deck, ignoring summoning conditions.
White Magician Pikeru: Special Summon one "Princess Pikeru" From your Hand or Deck, ignoring summoning conditions.
Princess Curran: Special Summon one "Queen Curran" from your Hand or Deck.
Princess Pikeru: Special Summon one "Queen Pikeru" from your Hand or Deck.

Queen Curran
Spellcaster/Effect
8 Star/Dark
3000 Atk / 0 Def

This card can not be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can not be Special Summoned except by the effect of "Coronation of the Princesses". The name of this card on your Field is also treated as "Princess Curran". The effects of your Trap cards can not be negated. Once per turn, you may inflict 900 damage to your opponent for each Monster they control. On the turn this effect is activated, this card can not attack.

Queen Pikeru
Spellcaster/Effect
8 Star/Light
3000 Atk / 0 Def

This card can not be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can not be Special Summoned except by the effect of "Coronation of the Princesses". The name of this card on your Field is also treated as "Princess Pikeru". The effects of your Spell cards can not be negated. Once per turn, you may gain 1200 Life Points for each Monster you control. On the turn this effect is activated, this card can not attack.

...Not saying anything on the royalty cards, since you've changed some of them around so much that I can not keep track of them anymore.

Critical Strike

Equip Spell

When a Monster equipped with this card Attacks or is Attacked by a Monster your opponent controls, you may send this card to the Graveyard to destroy that monster without applying Damage Calculation. When the Monster equipped with this card attacks your opponent directly, you may send this card to the Graveyard to increase the Battle Damage from that attack by 2000.

Specified Sakuretsu Armor on legs combined with Lily without the LP payment. Suddenly direct attackers like Servant of Catabolism are more useful. I would say broken if the battle-weak wasn't still there.

Manju of the Thousand Armaments
Fairy/Spirit/Effect
4 Star/Fire
1200 Atk/ 600 Def

This card can not be Special Summoned. This card returns to the owner's Hand on the End Phase of the turn when it was Normal Summoned or flipped face-up. When this card is Normal Summoned successfully, select one Equip Spell card from your Deck and equip it to this card.

So, a one-shot attacker since the equip card is almost immediately tossed? I suppose these were meant for each other... The main complaint I have is the name, since that goes far quicker with Ritual than anything else. This would also be more useful with Magician of Faith still around, but...eh, not too bad for a one-turn rush. Would work best with some way to get that damage through directly...

...Oh, why not?

Supernatural Strike
Continuous Spell
All face-up Level 4 or lower Spirit monsters you control may attack your opponent's Life Points directly.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Supernatural Strike- wow a card made for traditional format? Oh wait we got Raigeki anyway. Either way, somehow I think Manju of Ten Thousand Armaments will eventually find its way in magical explosion ;o even if I know nothing about that decktype.

Poor AE... Just to celebrate for you then ;D

Free of Conscription
Quick-Play Spell

Return all Warrior type monsters on your side of the field to your hand. For each card returned to your hand this way, draw a card.

Princess Rune- Protection
Continuous Spell

When your Life Point increases and "Princess Pikeru" is on your side of the field during your standby phase, monsters on your side of the field cannot be destroyed as a result of battle until your next standby phase. In addition, your opponent must attack "Princess Pikeru" with all face-up monsters.

Princess Rune- Discipline
Continuous Trap

When your opponent's Life Point decreases and "Princess Curran" is on your side of the field during your standby phase, change all of your opponent's monsters to defense position and their battle position cannot be changed until your next standby phase. In addition, "Princess Curran" deals piercing damage.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
So you've basically made a permanent outlet to your opponent's LP. Deadly...very deadly. Cyber Dragon for a cheap 2100 damage+ or Cyber Twin for endgame. At least it still doesn't count as a Direct Attack for cards like Spirit Reaper. Spirit Barrier also gets a laugh out of this.

That's the short of it, though Spirit Barrier really only gets a chuckle since you can just ditch the vice by neglecting to pay its maintenance cost. :3

This is useful just for the first effect, specifically for OTK or combo decks. I see some hatred for DD Crow, too; the opponent will have to either let it get destroyed (since that'll probably be the lowest ATK here) or use it on a card that may or may not be important for your turn. Definite potential for mindgames.

...Oh, and did I mention this crushes Exodia & Ojamas?

...well, they could be holding Cyber Valley too. =O But yeah, very true about the combo-friendliness, actually, since this basically does D.D. Designator's job, doesn't it? xD Though, mind you, you're also giving your opponent a good view of your options in the process, so if they have Mind Crush waiting in the wings things could get kind of ugly for you. :x

...Wow, you just love your mindgames, don'tcha? I can certainly see you messing with your opponent with this card, and all sorts of evil shenanigans coming out of it...but you might be able to predict what's going to come, so you can plan accordingly. It can also backfire if you guess incorrectly, so I guess it all comes down to how well you play your cardmindgames.

Oh yeah, guilty as charged on the mind games. Nothing like getting into your opponent's head to seal that victory. XD Basically, I wanted to make this card as similar to the situation of the original prisoner's dilemma as possible, with the trap card representing defection and spell representing co-operation. Looking at it sensibly, most decks would reap the highest benefit from getting to search out a spell of your choice, but since you know that all your opponent has to do to screw you over is select trap, logic dictates that the route of highest reward and lowest risk is to be the backstabber (i.e. select a trap card yourself), even though both reaching this conclusion results in the worst-case scenario (both cards removed). I.e. both people working to secure the best outcome for themselves only leads to both suffering the worst outcome instead. So yeah, best way to use it is to make sure that your opponent either can't or won't select a trap. :3

Supernatural Strike: Yeah, Yata love all the way. Beyond that, though, I don't see that many spirits who would care for this since they're either horribly low Atk, too high level to use this, or not really interested in attacking directly in the first place. The aforementioned Manju is, of course, not included in these. XD

Poor AE... Just to celebrate for you then ;D

Really? For me? *Big, weepy anime eyes* Yay! My poor, abused heart is feeling a lot better already. ^0^

Free of Conscription: the big 'in your face' to inconvenient Mirror Force/Torrential Tribute activations. There are also some fun options available in connection with monster swiping effects of all kinds if you're in a warrior mirror match (hiii Bushi control! xD). Besides, it's a 'conscription over' card so it's pure awesome by virtue of that already.

Princess Rune- Protection: So essentially it's Marshmallon bodies for all as long as this and Pikeru stick around. Not too bad, though of course the crazy amount of effect destruction around isn't helping matters.

Princess Rune- Discipline: This, on the other hand, is just plain nasty. Basically, any given Battle Phase ender plus the requirements for this and you can keep your opponent's monsters locked in defense while you trample them with impunity.

Legendary Forge
Continuous Spell

Once per turn, by removing one Equip Spell card in your Graveyard from play, add one Equip Spell card from your Deck to your Hand.

Spirit Gate

Continuous Spell

Once per turn, when you Normal Summon a Spirit Monster, you may Normal Summon one additional Spirit Monster that turn. When you Special Summon a Monster, destroy this card.

Feral Nymph
Plant/Spirit
7 Star/Dark
2350 Atk / 0 Def

This card can not be Special Summoned. This card returns to the owner's Hand on the End Phase of the turn when it was Normal Summoned or flipped face-up. When this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up, select one Monster on your opponent's Field (regardless of position) and control it until the end of the turn.

Satyr Trickster
Beast Warrior/Spirit
4 Star/Earth
1600 Atk / 800 Def

This card can not be Special Summoned. This card returns to the owner's Hand on the End Phase of the turn when it was Normal Summoned or flipped face-up. When this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent, draw two cards, then return one card from your Hand to the bottom of your Deck.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
Legendary Forge
Continuous Spell

Once per turn, by removing one Equip Spell card in your Graveyard from play, add one Equip Spell card from your Deck to your Hand.

...Well, I guess it gives something for those dead Equips to do once they go away, but how many will we be running? This would probably need an Equip-heavy deck in order to be really useful...

Spirit Gate
Continuous Spell

Once per turn, when you Normal Summon a Spirit Monster, you may Normal Summon one additional Spirit Monster that turn. When you Special Summon a Monster, destroy this card.

Permanent Double Summon for Spirits? I believe that's something they really needed.

Feral Nymph
Plant/Spirit
7 Star/Dark
2350 Atk / 0 Def

This card can not be Special Summoned. This card returns to the owner's Hand on the End Phase of the turn when it was Normal Summoned or flipped face-up. When this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up, select one Monster on your opponent's Field (regardless of position) and control it until the end of the turn.

Spirit monsters ARE missing the obligatory monster-controller...but this one might be a bit too weak. For two tributes on a Spirit, the monster should have a killer effect and great stats, but I don't think this one has either. Its ATK is below the benchmark 2400 for Jinzo & Monarchs, and while taking an opponent's monster is useful, it doesn't seem to be useful enough to justify use (unless the monster just happens to be called Dark Magician of Chaos or maybe Dark Armed Dragon, but those are situational). Yes, you can try it in tandem with Spirit Gate to toss out one of those more powerful two-tribute Spirits, but a lot of the time it would be at least just as useful just to go for the other in the first place and toss out another Spirit with the Gate.

Satyr Trickster
Beast Warrior/Spirit
4 Star/Earth
1600 Atk / 800 Def

This card can not be Special Summoned. This card returns to the owner's Hand on the End Phase of the turn when it was Normal Summoned or flipped face-up. When this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent, draw two cards, then return one card from your Hand to the bottom of your Deck.

Case-in-point.

...I think I preferred the original version, since Spirit monsters generally have powerful effects, anyway. Still, definitely useful for deck thinning while at the same time getting rid of any dead cards. I can definitely see Manjoume using it in that new deck of his, since he apparently likes sending back the Exodia parts so much.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Mambo Tribe Summoning
Rare
Equip Spell
When equipped to any Space Mambo the user is allowed to special summon a Space Mambo Tribal Leader from his/her hand

Space Mambo Tribal Leader
Rare
Fish
Water/6 star
2300 Atk 2000 def

Survial Kit
Rare
Spell
When this card is activated the user can destroy any fish, or plant type monster on the field.

Reverse Attack
Ulta Rare
Counter Trap
When this card is activated any life points damage done to you is negated. The damage is then reversed onto your opponent. No direct life points attacks can be made agenst you for 3 turns.

Flaming Shield
Ulta Rare
Pyro/effect/union
Fire/5 star
0 atk 4000 def
Effect
Ths monster can not be destroyed by any wind element monster. Any water element monster attacking this monster will have its attack doubled. This monster can be equipped a flaming warrior on your side of the field to increse its defence by 1000.

Flaming Warrior
Uncommon
Pyro
Fire/3 star
1000 atk 1000 def

Mark II Night Vision Scope
Uncommon
Equip spell

When equipped to Tactical Espensoage Expert the monsters atk and def are incresed by 500. Card can be destroyed to negate an attack by any dark type monster once equipped.

Napalm Rockets
Rare
Equip Spell

When equipped to any Guardian of the Throne room the monsters atk is boosted by 500.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
*smacks everyone with a brick except Icha* I'm back!

Oh, and Icha, don't think I've forgotten about you.... no, the punishment for your demands of my posting will come when you least expect it. And it will involve pain. Lots and lots of pain.

Anyway, since I got back, how about I revise some fake cards of mine?

Mad Alchemist
Monster/Spellcaster/Dark/4*/Effect
Atk 1400/ Def 1200
Battle damage you take from a battle involving this monster is doubled. When this monster battles an opponent's monster with higher Atk, look at the top card of your deck. If it's a monster, remove it from play, and double this monster's Atk until the end of the battle phase. The controller of this card takes 400 points of damage during each of their standby phases.

Mad Surgeon
Monster/Dark/Spellcaster/Effect/4*
Atk 1800/ Def 1300
Battle damage you take from a battle involving this monster is doubled. When this monster destroys an opponent's monster as a result of battle, you may discard one card from your hand in order to draw one card. The controller of this card takes 800 points of damage during each of their standby phases.

Mad Engineer
Monster/Dark/Spellcaster/Effect/4*
Atk 1600/ Def 1400
Battle damage you take from a battle involving this monster is doubled. The controller of this card takes 600 points of direct damage during each of their standby phases. When this monster destroys an opponent's monster as a result of battle, you may destroy one set card your opponent controls.

Mad Scientist
Monster/Dark/Spellcaster/Tuner/3*
Atk 1500/ Def 1300
This monster cannot be special summoned, except by the effect of "Alchemy Gauge". Battle damage you take from a battle involving this monster is doubled. The controller of this monster takes 500 points of direct damage during each of their standby phases. When this monster destroys an opponent's monster as a result of battle, gain life points equal to its Atk.

Mad Genius
Monster/Dark/Spellcaster/Synchro/7*
Atk 2800/ Def 2300
"Mad Scientist+ 1 or more non-tuner monsters"
Battle damage dealt in a battle with this monster is doubled. During each of your standby phases, gain one thousand life points for each "Mad" monster you control (except "Mad Genius"). When this monster is destroyed by a card effect your opponent controls, special summon one "Mad Scientist" from your graveyard in face-up defense position.

Stabilizing Pressure
Normal Trap
Activate only when you would take damage from a battle involving a "Mad" monster. Gain life points equal to the damage you would take.

Lab of the Insane Master
Field Spell
The Atk of all "Mad" monsters is increased by the amount of damage their controller takes during their standby phase according to their effects. During each of your standby phases, gain life points equal to the amount you would lose by the effect(s) of Mad monster(s) you control. When this card would be destroyed, you can destroy one other spell or trap card you control instead.

Insanity Buster
Normal Spell
Tribute one "Mad" monster you control. Destroy all monsters on the field whose Atk is lower than or equal to the Atk of the selected "Mad" monster, and deal damage to your opponent's life points equal to the combined level stars of the monsters destroyed by this effect x300.

Grave Specimen
Continuous Spell
Select one face-up "Mad" monster you control. Select one monster from your opponent's graveyard with a level equal to or lower than the selected "Mad" monster and place it in your spell and trap card zone. It is treated as a continuous spell card. When that card is destroyed, special summmon one Reanimated Monster Token (Dark/Zombie/4*/Token/Effect Atk ????/Def ???? This monster's Atk and Def are equal to the Atk and Def of the monster destroyed in order to summon it. This monster cannot be tributed for a tribute summon).

Mad Lightning
Normal Spell
Take 1500 points of damage. Destroy one spell or trap card your opponent controls.

....whew!

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Mambo Tribe Summoning: Well, ignoring the fact that your wordings are all wrong on all of the cards, this is way too weak and situational to ever be useful. Not only does it require a specific monster to equip to (a hallmark of failed equips), but that monster is also a subpar vanilla, and for all our troubles of assembling the two we get...another subpar vanilla, provided that we already have that veritable dead card lounging around our hand. x.O

Yeah, not too cool.

Space Mambo Tribal Leader: Aforementioned subpar vanilla. 'nuff said.

Survial Kit: Except, you know, no-one uses Fish, EVER. The only plants around are the Gigaplant ensemble too, and those are only ever run as a form of OTKO right now, so this card wouldn't help you out much there either. I'll stick with Soul Taker, thank you very much.

Reverse Attack: Counter Trap doesn't really fit the effect at all (should be normal, since it's not reacting to any specific effect). Also...this is basically just existing anti-burn/damage cards on hormones and thus, unfortunately, overpowered.

Flaming Shield: In theory, an ineffable blocker since water types with 2000+ Atk (excluding the occasional Mobius) aren't really around. Immunity to battle destruction by wind is kind of moot since most of those would be hitting this with effect to begin with. Meh, tribute walls just aren't that hot. Also, equipping this to the sucky vanilla below would be just plain silly since it's a lot better on its own.

Flaming Warrior: Too weak to be useful, too big for Blaze Accelerator. 'Nuff said.

Mark II Night Vision Scope: Again, way too weak and situational effects.

Napalm Rockets: and just why would we want to use something that only fits onto a specific, wimpy vanilla monster when there are countless equips that fit on anything and give higher boosts? x.O

Mad Alchemist: So the double damage is now solely on your end, huh? Well, that clears up the balance issue. Y'know, this actually creates quite an interesting situation with this card, since - one one hand - your opponent will be tempted to smack something with only recruiter-size Atk, but on the other if you do strike monster with the effect they'll be in for a world of hurt. The effect of it is kind of like trying to swing at Sasuke Samurai #4, except your liable to eat a fair bit of LP damage too. :3

Mad Surgeon: well, it's still a decent deck cycler with enough Atk to but heads with Zombie Master and Stratos. Fair enough, I say.

Mad Engineer: Should be 'face-down card' if we want to be really anal about it. Anyhow...well, it's technically free CA with each destruction, but on the other the engineer isn't that big so mostly it would probably be restricted to whacking gadgets and the like and hoping that they can't spring that face-down on you before the attack connects.

Mad Scientist: Some much needed LP gain to help these guys stay in the game, plus the gateway to their big synchro. Nice, provided that this thing actually gets to knife something up too, though I don't really see the necessity of that special summon restriction. Still, it's your call.

Mad Genius: Eeep! Scary big beater of the set. One direct swing from this is like taking the full beatdown from Cyber Twin Dragon, which isn't much fun for the guy at the receiving end, while the LP gain supports the general mad theme. One problem, though: with the scientist's current effect, this guy's replacement thing won't go off since the scientist can only be special summoned by Alchemy Gauge. =O

Stabilizing Pressure: Well, technically this is helping things a little, but I think I'd prefer to spring Dimension Wall and laugh madly as my opponent eats burn damage for their impudence.

Lab of the Insane Master: So let me see if I got this straight...these Atk boosts are permanent and cumulative? As in, Surgeon grows from 1800 to 2600 to 3400 etc.? That's pretty unnerving, especially since this has such nice synergy with Grave Specimen and the odd 'blow me up' type cards.

Insanity Buster: combine with the lab, this will make things go ugly...fast. In true Mad fashion, though, how about making it hurt both players?

Grave Specimen: As I already said, very nice synergy with the Lab's self-protection effect as your opponent will not only have to use up additional S/T removal but also figure out a way to deal with what will probably be a big beater on your field. This is a very nice way to swipe whatever big beatstick your opponent was hoping to revive too. (Hiiii Gyzarus! Guess who's not going anywhere with Darius just yet? =D) One question, though; did you intend to have this card just loafing around in your spell and trap card zone next to the monster it swipes? Because as a continuous spell, that's what it's doing right now. D=

Mad Lightning: that's some pretty hefty damage you're taking there, even if this creates a nice combo with the gauge to bring out scientist. How about extending it to destroying any card on the field to add some utility?

Heh, I must say I'm loving this set. It just inspired me to revisit an old one of my own too, actually. Ph33r. XD

Bio-Tech Sampler
Machine/Tuner/Effect
3 Star/Dark
1700 Atk / 700 Def

Once per turn, you may look at your opponent's Hand. Then, if there are any Monsters, select one of them and Special Summon it to your opponent's Field.

Bio-Tech Griphook

Machine/Tuner/Effect
2 Star/Dark
1200 / 1000 Def

When this card attacks a Monster controlled by your opponent, instead of applying Damage Calculation, you may equip that Monster to this card as if it were an Equip Spell Card (also treated as a Monster on your Field). This card can only be equipped with one Monster in this way at a time. When this card is destroyed, the Monster equipped to this card by this effect is Special Summoned to the original owner's Field in its original position.

Bio-Tech Leech
Zombie/Synchro/Effect
6 Star/Dark
1200 Atk / 800 Def

Any "Bio-Tech" Tuner Monster + Any Plant or Zombie Type non-tuner Monster(s)

The Type of this card is also treated as Machine. On your third Standby Phase after this card was Synchro Summoned, return this card to your Extra Deck then Special Summon the Tuner Monster used to Synchro Summon it to your Field. This card can attack your opponent directly. For each card in your opponent's Hand or on their Field, increase the Atk and Def of this card by 200.

Bio-Tech Mindwarper
Psychic/Synchro/Effect
7 Star/Light
1200 Atk / 1800 Def

Any "Bio-Tech" Tuner Monster + Any Psychic or Spellcaster Type non-tuner Monster(s)

The Type of this card is also treated as Machine. On your third Standby Phase after this card was Synchro Summoned, return this card to your Extra Deck then Special Summon the Tuner Monster used to Synchro Summon it to your Field. When this Attack Position card attacks or is attacked by a Monster your opponent controls, select one Monster on your opponent's Field other than the Monster this card would battle with, then the Monster you selected Battles instead of this card.

Genetic Splice
Normal Spell

Select one Monster no your Field then declare a Monster Type. The Type of the Monster you selected becomes the Type you declared.

Stasis Pod
Normal Spell

Select one Monster on your opponent's Field and place it in your Spell and Trap card zone. A Monster placed in your Spell and Trap Card zone by this effect is treated as a Continuous Spell Card (also treated as a Monster on your Field). If the selected card is destroyed while it is in your Spell and Trap Card Zone, it is Special Summoned to the original owner's Field in its original position.

Last edited:

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Meh im just making up cards that will increse the powers of some of the weaker monsters.

Yah i know i got the wording all wrong. Lanuage wasn't ever my strong point. Anyway.

Scion Swarm
Spell
Ulta Rare

Allows the user to search his deck and add up to 5 cards with the Scion in its name to his/her hand. the deck is then shuffled.

Scion Manitarch
Rare
Machine/effect
Dark/8 star
Atk 2500 Def 3000

When their is any other monster with scion in its name on the this monsters Def is incresed by 500.

Assualt Form
Rare
Continues Spell

When this spell is put into play any monster with Scion in its name will have its atk incresed by 500 and its def reduced by 250.

Combat Form
Common
Continues Spell

When this spell is put into play any monster with Scion in its name will have its def incresed by 500 and its atk reduced by 250

Scion Warrior
Uncommon
Machine
Dark/4 star
Atk 1500 Def 1500

Scion Archer
Rare
Machine/effect
Dark/4star
Atk 500 Def 2000

Once each turn this monster can destroy any monster on the field. This monster must be in attack mode, and this monster will remain in attack mode untill next turn if its effect is used.

Scion Lancer
Uncommon
Machine
Dark/5star
Atk 2000 Def 2200

Scion Mauler
Ulta Rare
Machine
Dark/7 star
Atk 2750 Def 3000

Scion Titan
Secret Rare
Machine/Effect
Dark/5star
Atk 3000 Def 3000

This monster can't be normal or tribute summoned. This monster can only be special summoned when their is a Scion Manitarch on your side of the field.

Deflection Shielding
Rare
Continues Spell
When put into play any monster with Scion in its name will have its def incresed by 500

Edit

I do agress with you on the counter trap thing. But did you notice the ultra rare under its name? I've noticed that the rarer a card is the more powerful it is... so it ballances out... kinda...)

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Meh im just making up cards that will increse the powers of some of the weaker monsters.

...and there's the sad part; these don't make the existing wimps any better. Why? Because these cards are just as subpar as the ones they are attempting to help, meaning that the only thing you're doing is clogging your deck with even more bad cards if you try to run them together. >.< Supporting neglected stuff is all well and good, but in that case the supports should actually be...you know, helpful?

Yah i know i got the wording all wrong. Lanuage wasn't ever my strong point. Anyway.

And you obviously couldn't look up a few actual YGO cards and check the correct wordings from those because..? You seriously shouldn't need any language skills to mimic existing writing.

I do agress with you on the counter trap thing. But did you notice the ultra rare under its name? I've noticed that the rarer a card is the more powerful it is... so it ballances out... kinda...)

Rarity has zip to do with a card's usefulness and does nothing to create balance. When a card does everything that any available substitutes do plus more, then it's either broken or pushing the limits up, usually the former. <.<

Scion Swarm: Like this. +4 CA is batcrap crazy when you combine it with discard and draw effects like Hand Destruction or Card Destruction (to trade all that subpar stuff for cards we actually want to use), or - for that matter - Reload or Magical Mallet. Broken. Not even Ojama searches in this big quantity, and those are about as useless as monsters get stat-wise.

Scion Manitarch: Diminutive stat boosts have never been worthwhile and the stats are pretty horrendous for 8-star. Not really worth running at all. :\

Assualt Form: referring to my earlier remark about wimpy Atk boosts. It only applies to the ones that you already have around when it's activated too, so that's cutting the efficiency further.

Combat Form: Same thing, except it's even worse; no-one attacks face-up defense position unless they already have the Atk or effects necessary to punch through.

Scion Warrior: the world doesn't need more subpar vanilla; it really doesn't. This doesn't even have flavor text. ._.

Scion Archer: ehh...free monster wipe is pretty lethal, and at 500 Atk it's viable for Machine Duplication abuse, Limit Reverse and crush card. Good card for the right kind of deck.

Scion Lancer: Unlike this.

Scion Mauler: ...or this.

Scion Titan: Just needing that sucky 8-star already kills any hope for this.

Deflection Shielding: Again with the subpar stat boosts.

Uh-huh...Archer is the only one of these that's even worth consideration. Subpar vanilla is dull, and tiny Atk or Def modifications even moreso...not to mention being kind of useless as effects go. How about something a bit more creative?

Oh, and tying back to what I said about helping out the marginalized, I meant cards that actually let them do their thing better, like so:

Skull Maid
Zombie/Effect
2 Star/Dark
1000 Atk / 1000 Def

The name of this card in your Graveyard is treated as "Skull Servant". When this card is sent to your Graveyard, send one "Skull Servant" or "King of the Skull Servants" from your Deck to your Graveyard.

...or possibly a strong card that needs the weak card to be played, like so:

Captain Baseball Bat Boy

Warrior/Fusion/Effect
6 Star/Fire
1000 Atk / 1500 Def

Ultimate Baseball Kid + Command Knight

This card can not be Special Summoned except by a Fusion Summon using the above Monsters. Increase the Atk of each FIRE Attribute Monster you control by 1000 for every other FIRE Attribute Monster you control. Once per turn, you may tribute a FIRE Attribute Monster you control to inflict 1000 Damage to your opponent.

However, creating a card that is basically a weaker version of countless other cards and then making it equip only to a single, weak monster won't make anyone want to play either of those cards because they'd rather run a stronger monster and give it a stronger equip, if they want to play equip like all. I mean, would you play this?

Cheap Calligraphy Kit
Equip Spell

This card can only be equipped to "Goblin Calligrapher". Increase the Atk of the equipped Monster by 100 and reduce its Def by 100.

I hope you wouldn't, I really do.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Mad Alchemist- it has its uses, most notably with better attribute than sasuke samurai, but yeah effect wise sasuke samurai is still better because Honest will run this over no matter what.

Mad Surgeon- So we have helping robo for combat with 200 higher stats, got defense (not that it matters much), 1 higher star level but takes 800 each turn... Spellcaster beatstick besides Kycoo though.

Mad Engineer- Ancient Gear Engineer should have been similar to this effect instead XD; Killing set card isn't too attractive as most likely it's chained or activated already, but great for nailing Solemn Judgment at certain hours I guess. Not my pick though...

Mad Scientist- pointless by itself, so let's see...

Mad Genius- every open attack is 5000+ damage, ewww... life point gain is quite neglectable anyway compare to massive attack power. You probably won't be on the receiving end of this card's backfire double damage anyway. This is a massive beatstick whose existance is to be a massive beatstick.

Stabilizing Pressure- weak card, just use draining shield. It's the exact same thing, but better and not even specific, and draining shield is not very good itself.

Lab of the Insane Master- some strange wording problem... maybe easier to say you don't take damage from the effects of Mad monsters during your standby phase? Right now technically say if you have 800 LP and you got mad surgeon and the field card out, you still lose since you'll pay the LP first then recover (and therefore, hitting 0 LP first). Cumulative attack power is scary thing as most likely you don't have spell destruction answers ready...

Insanity Buster- anything along the lines of Black Hole is pretty catastrophic... Insanity Buster probably wipes the entire field along with doing at least 2400 damage usually (2 4 star monsters), and most likely more burn damage than that... to make it worse, just premature burial or monster reborn right after this, and that's game. Broken card >>

Grave Specimen- why is this card itself a continuous spell though. It targets a card, makes it into a continuous spell card and stuff... but this card itself doesn't do anything. It's not like the token or the monster-made-continuous-spell card will be destroyed or anything when this card is gone (or if the token is gone, then this card is gone). You know, this is like how come monster reborn is a continuous spell card type of weird thing.

Mad Lightning- err... that's some hefty cost. Metagame really isn't in need of spell/trap destruction that desperately yet. I'll much rather go Dust Tornado.

///

Bio Tech Sampler- I guess so... forcing people to play a weak monster in atk mode (especially flip effect) is great. However you really need to make a good read on what deck the opponent is playing. Tuners don't tend to be this buffed up too o_O;

Bio Tech Griphook- I think I'll rather play Exiled Force in general, but I guess decent tech if we are deathly afraid of Prime Material Dragon. I guess that 2 star tuner with decent stats and 1 round survivability is its selling point.

Bio Tech Leech- I'm not sure if there's anything you can do for this except for OHKO type of material, honestly. Relatively high investment just to get a 1200+ direct attacker, and friendly with limiter removal.

Bio Tech Mindwarper- as much as it's unique, I just don't find it too practical. If the opponent has the strongest monster on the field out, the most you can do is to force the opponent's weaker monster to ram into that instead, but you still haven't got rid of the largest threat yet anyway. I don't find the investment to be worth it.

Genetic Splice- 1 target DNA surgery, meh.

Stasis Pod- it becomes a removal card for monsters, although it may seem temperate... but it gets the job done if it's the last barrier to bypass. Even if it's not going to win in this turn, we just don't run that much spell removal to have too much to spare for rescuing a monster (unless of course, Heavy Storm.)

Skull Maid- what, skull servant got even more serious? >>;

Captain Baseball Bat Boy- too bad the fusion material sucks XD; It's a predictable effect which sounds fun but no way top tier material.

Cheap Calligraphy Kid- we have grown ups playing children's card games on motorbikes. I can't possibly be fazed by anything anymore, including this.

Kasa
Winged Beast / Effect
6 Star / Fire
2500 Atk / 1600 Def

If all zones for this card's column on your opponent's side of the field are occupied, this card can attack your opponent directly. If none of them are occupied, then you may inflict 1000 damage to your opponent. This card cannot attack on the turn that it activates this effect.

Omen Crow
Winged Beast / Effect
3 Star / Dark
400 Atk / 1000 Def

If all zones of this card's row are occupied, destroy all cards in the row. When this card is destroyed in defense position, special summon this card on your opponent's side of the field.

Simorgh, Bird of Preponderance
Winged Beast / Effect
8 Star / Wind
2900 Atk / 1900 Def

Destroy all cards in the same row or column as this card. For every card destroyed by this effect, your opponent sends a card from his or her hand to the graveyard. Select up to 3 of your opponent's unoccupied monster or spell/trap zone. As long as this card remains face-up on your side of the field, those zones cannot be used.

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Ahem.

@Frosty: Well, Stabilizing Pressure does look weird at first glance, I'll grant you, but there's a reason why it exists- unlike Draining Shield or Dimension Wall, which negate the damage dealt to you, Stabilizing Pressure allows you to take the damage, thereby powering up Alchemy Gauge (which is really the key card of this set). That's also the reason that I'm not negating the damage caused by the effects of Mad monsters with the field spell. The goal with this set is to take enough damage to blast the opponent away with a massive rush of Mad monsters or simply stomp on them with Genius. So I went out of my way to design cards that would have synergy with Alchemy Gauge- not that it wouldn't be just as easy to run other cards, mind you, but I thought adding that option would help expand the usefulness of the set. That's also why Mad Lightning has a very specific LP cost of fifteen hundred- Dust Tornado is better for S/T removal, sure, but can it net you an instant Mad Scientist, possibly setting up for a turn two Genius summon? I don't think so. Point taken on Insanity Buster, though, revising is imminent.

Insanity Buster
Normal Spell
Tribute one "Mad" monster you control. Destroy all monsters with a level equal to or lower than the tributed "Mad" monster's, and deal damage to both players equal to the combined level stars of the monsters destroyed x300. You cannot special summon a monster on the turn you activate this card.

And probably the final cards of the set..

Mad Researcher
Monster/Dark/Spellcaster/Effect/2*
Atk 1200/ Def 300
All battle damage you take from a battle involving this monster is doubled. The controller of this card takes 200 points of damage during each of their standby phases. When this monster is destroyed, you may activate one "Alchemy Gauge" from your deck. By discarding this card from your hand, add one "Lab of the Insane Master" from your deck to your hand.

Mad Laughter
Normal Trap
Negate the attack of one of your opponent's monsters. Then, randomly discard two cards from your opponent's hand. You can only activate this card if you control a face-up attack position "Mad" monster.

Okay, maybe a little overkill on that last one, but still....

Kasa: Senet monster? 2500 for a six-star monster is good, and the direct attack effect is nothing to sneeze at. The question is "what exactly is this face-down that I'm attacking past?" Burn damage is just icing on the bird-shaped cake.

Omen Crow: So punishment for any player attempting a rush? Nice. Comboes with Crush Card Virus too, so it can be tributed away if it can't do its thing. Of course, there's the fact that Gladiator Beasts and DAD decks tend to not win their duels by rushing, so this is mostly tech against zombie players, or anyone else who likes a massive swarm.

Simorgh: Ouch. Just ouch. And I thought that Dark Simorgh was the best freakin' control agent ever. So let me get this straight- For two tributes, I can get a monster big enough to attack over anything short of D. End Dragoon or Judgment Dragon, hand destruction, and the sealing of my opponent's spell or monster zones, whichever I think I could use more? Seriously, major hurt, tempered only by the fact that you need to come up with both tributes.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
True.

Anyway perhaps some of these would be winners.

Magician Of Death
Dark/1star
Spellcaster/effect
Flip: select one trap card from your graveyard and return it to your hand.
Atk/400 Def/300

Scion Warrior lvl 1
Dark/1star
Warrior/effect
Flip: Destroy any machine type monster on your opponents side of the field.
Atk/400 Def/300

Scion Warrior lvl 4
Dark/4star
Warrior/Effect
Flip: Search your deck for any machine type monster. Special summon that monster to the field, then shuffle your deck.
Atk/1700 Def/1500

Scion Commander
Dark/6star
Warrior/Fusion/Effect
Scion Warrior lvl 1 + Scion Warrior lvl 4
When this monster is on the field your opponent will not be able to normal, special, or tribute summon any machine monsters. Any machine monster that are in your opponents field or graveyard are removed from play. For every machine monster removed from play incresed this monsters atk and def by 300.
Atk/2300 Def/2600

Chain of Weaking
Continues Spell
All monsters on your opponents side of the field will have their atk and def weakened by 500. Your opponent can pay 1000 life points to destroy this card.

Chain of Energy
Continues Spell
All monsters on your side of the field will have their atk and def incresed by 500.

Chain of Rewarding Death
Spell
Increse your life points by 200 for every monster in your graveyard.

Ar-317 Cyborg
Dark/4star
Machine/effect
Once per turn you can send one monster on your side of the field to the graveyard to increse your lifepoints by 1000
Atk/1500 Def/1400

Ar-634 Cyborg Commando
Dark/7star
Machine/Fusion/Effect
Ar-317 Cyborg + Ar-317 Cyborg
When this monster destroys a monster on your opponents side of the field increse the atk and def of this card by 500. For the cost of 500 life points this monster can negate the effects of a trap card.
Atk/2500 Def/2500

Edit - added 2 new monsters and changed the atk/def of a monster to keep it in line with its level.

Well hopefully i will get some winners out of these.

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Skull Maid- what, skull servant got even more serious? >>;

Of course it did! Skull Servant is the seriousest archetype in existence. :3

Suffice to say that the idea of a 11000-Atk, self-reviving beatstick being summoned without any tributes or special conditions amuses me.

we have grown ups playing children's card games on motorbikes. I can't possibly be fazed by anything anymore, including this.

Scary thing is; it's kind of entertaining. XD *Shot*

Kasa: Well, being able to smack for 2500 points of direct is nothing to sneeze at, but then what are the odds that whatever your opponent has in their back row won't blow this away when you try to press through? Also, what happens if the backrow card in Kasa's column is flipped when you try to attack? Will the direct attack go through or will it force a replay or what?

Omen Crow: Yeah, definite punishment for over-extension here. One problem, though: if your opponent doesn't have enough monsters to trigger the crow's effect this thing becomes a hypercharged Fox Fire since your opponent can just keep plunking it down in defense over and over again when it's destroyed by battle. D=

Simorgh, Bird of Preponderance: Actually, I still like Dark Simorgh more.

Well, it's big, it stabs both the field and the hand, and it even clogs up card zones, but the wording bugs me a bit: the way it currently stands, this thing can keep on wiping either column or row at its leisure (since it's worded like a permanent effect with no limit to the amount or timing of uses), and the zone occupying effect seems to have a similar ambiguity to it. Maybe make that a bit clearer?

Ahem.Well, Stabilizing Pressure does look weird at first glance, I'll grant you, but there's a reason why it exists- unlike Draining Shield or Dimension Wall, which negate the damage dealt to you, Stabilizing Pressure allows you to take the damage, thereby powering up Alchemy Gauge (which is really the key card of this set). That's also the reason that I'm not negating the damage caused by the effects of Mad monsters with the field spell. The goal with this set is to take enough damage to blast the opponent away with a massive rush of Mad monsters or simply stomp on them with Genius. So I went out of my way to design cards that would have synergy with Alchemy Gauge- not that it wouldn't be just as easy to run other cards, mind you, but I thought adding that option would help expand the usefulness of the set. That's also why Mad Lightning has a very specific LP cost of fifteen hundred- Dust Tornado is better for S/T removal, sure, but can it net you an instant Mad Scientist, possibly setting up for a turn two Genius summon? I don't think so.

We still have Enchanted Javelin, though. Unless our attacker is in the 3000 Atk range (which basically means Heraklinos or Dragoon, which means you're most likely screwed already) it will give higher or at least equal gain while still letting the damage through. Javelin also heals before you take the damage rather than after it, so it's a safer option too. A one-shot, zero-sum effect just really isn't that great no matter how you look at it. :\

There's also some rather hefty risk involved with wrapping your whole deck around taking a huge amount of damage in the hopes of mounting a comeback, especially since that damage only goes to your advantage if you have a specific continuous spell out. I mean, what's to stop your opponent from smacking you down then just wiping out Alchemy Gauge before it gets to explode in their face? It's a devil in plain sight if ever there was one. Continuous Spell isn't the easiest to search either.

Insanity Buster (revamp): A bit less explosive than before, with more self-hurt. Sadly, the obvious Alchemy Gauge follow-up to that hurt is now out of the picture for the turn, so you'll have to deal. Still, it fits the theme, at least.

Mad Researcher: And this would be the search card of the deck, allowing for quick access to both gauge and lab. Given the lowish Atk, you might want to Creature Swap it to your opponent then smack it with something to get your gauge, or maybe play it as an opening set to get things rolling.

Come to think of it, swapping any one of these mad monsters to your opponent and then smacking it with the Genius is one of the meanest moves ever. Quadruple damage, anyone? Now slap Megamorph on the genius and watch those numbers go absolutely crazy. (Octuple damage FTW!) XD

Mad Laughter: You really would have loved the days of allowed Delinquent Duo, huh? xD Well, this is certainly a big disincentive for your opponent to attack, if rather counter-productive to the self-damage theme.

Magician Of Death: We already have Mask of Darkness to do this. He is currently highly upset about this development and threatening to sue you for copyright infringement. =O

Scion Warrior lvl 1: Meh, we already got Man-Eater Bug, Old Vindictive and Night Assailant to destroy any monster and Ryko to destroy any card. This guy came a bit late to the party, I'm afraid. Also, the level thing is sort of misleading since it's usually only applied to monsters that actually have a level up effect (I.e. replacing themselves with a stronger "grown" version when certain conditions are met), something that this one doesn't.

Scion Warrior lvl 4: Overpowered. We already have Jinzo popping up from the Graveyard with a frequency to rival Treeborn Frog thanks Returner; we seriously don't need him jumping out of the deck for having smacked a sturdy flip monster too. And let's not even get me started about all his mechanized buddies. Machines are a very dangerous type, so they shouldn't just be summoned this...indiscriminately.

Scion Commander: Well, blocking out Card Trooper, Cyber Dragon, Jinzo and pals is all well and good, as is wiping them from the graveyard or field, but lack of cost-efficient fusion methods sort of kills this. Besides, machine beatdown isn't really the in thing right now, so...

Chain of Weaking: Meh, I dunno'. If you try to attack a weakened monster after playing this, odds are that your opponent will just pay that 1000, have you lose your monster to the battle, and thus effectively reduce this to a glorified Meteor of Destruction.

Chain of Energy: Beats Banner of Courage, but unless you're running some kind of swarm strategy with a very specific need for those extra attack points it's not really worth the deckspace.

Chain of Rewarding Death: Weak. Life Points are incredibly cheap in YGO, so stuff that does nothing but increase them usually isn't worth it. Besides, the gain is so tiny that it barely covers a single hit from a monster, even in the most favorable circumstances.

Ar-317 Cyborg: Kind of reminds me of Hysteric Fairy. Too bad that one wasn't really that hot either. Short of disposing of a temporarily swiped monster, the LP gain won't really compensate the loss of field presence, and there are surely cooler things you can tribute stuff for too. It's fun as kind of an inverse Cannon Soldier, but not too useful.

Ar-634 Cyborg Commando: Largeish body, but what we'd really be running this for is the trap negation. I guess this could have novelty value as an alternative Overload Fusion target, but needing the smaller, less-than-stellar Ar-317 Cyborg in doubles is kind of a turn-off. Still, decent trap negation if you can somehow manage to keep those cyborgs from messing up your draws.

And, like, Frosty; the Bio-Techs really aren't that expensive to summon. All you need to get, for instance, the Leech is summon Griphook, have it swipe something like Zombie Master or Pyramid Turtle, and then Synchro Summon away. (The "also treated as a Monster on your Field" clause in the effect lets you get away with that) In the end, you will have established a net gain of one direct attacker, and if you can keep it alive until it returns to your deck you even get your tuner back for free. :3

True about the Mindwarper, but I just liked the effect. Besides, all themes need their less-than-stellar cards too, no? XD Oh, and it can do some fun things together with Sampler too. :3

Anyhow...

Bio-Tech Conditioner
Machine/Tuner/Effect
1 Star/Dark
400 Atk / 800 Def

Once per turn, you may select one non-tuner Monster on the Field then pay any multiple of 400 Life Points. For every 400 Life Points you paid, increase or decrease the Level of the selected Monster by 1.

Bio-Tech Enhancement Unit
Machine/Tuner/Effect
2 Star/Dark
1250 Atk / 1300 Def

If this card is sent to the Graveyard for the Synchro Summon of a "Bio-Tech" Synchro Monster, select one "Mutagen" Equip Spell Card from your Deck or Graveyard and equip it to that Monster.

Bio-Tech Lycanthrope
Beast/Synchro
6 Star/Dark
1700 Atk / 1600 Def

Any "Bio-Tech" Tuner Monster + Any Beast, Beast Warrior, or Winged Beast Type non-Tuner Monster(s)

The Type of this card is also treated as Machine. On your third Standby Phase after this card was Synchro Summoned, return this card to your Extra Deck then Special Summon the Tuner Monster used to Synchro Summon it to your Field. This card gains 300 Atk for each Beast Type Monster you control. When this card destroys a Monster by Battle, Special Summon that Monster to your Field. A Monster Special Summoned by this effect is treated as being Beast Type and may not use any of its card effects.

Bio-Tech Overdragon
Dragon/Synchro
9 Star/Fire
2100 Atk / 2300 Def

Any "Bio-Tech" Tuner Monster + Any Dragon or Dinosaur Type non-tuner Monster(s)

The Type of this card is also treated as Machine. On your third Standby Phase after this card was Synchro Summoned, return this card to your Extra Deck then Special Summon the Tuner Monster used to Synchro Summon it to your Field. Once per turn, when this card destroys a Monster by Battle, select and active one of the following:

- Increase the Atk of this card by 1000.
- This card can attack once again in a row.

Overgrowth Mutagen
Equip Spell

This card can only be equipped to a "Bio-Tech" Synchro Monster. The original Atk of the equipped Monster is doubled and it inflicts piercing Damage. A Monster equipped with this card is forced into Attack Position and must attack each turn. When this card is destroyed, the equipped Monster is destroyed and you lose Life Points equal to its original Atk.

Stabilizer Mutagen
Equip Spell

This card can only be equipped to a "Bio-Tech" Synchro Monster. A Monster equipped with this card is not returned to the Extra Deck by its own effect. Once per turn, when the equipped Monster would be destroyed, it is not destroyed. (Damage Calculation, if any, is applied normally) When this card is destroyed, return the equipped Monster to your Extra Deck.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
Hmm...I think it would be about time to revisit an old decktype of mine...

Striker Thief
4 Stars/DARK/Fiend
ATK: 1600 DEF: 1000
When the number of cards on your opponent's side of the field is at least 3 more than the number of cards on your side of the field, you may Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card inflicts Battle Damage, you may select and activate one of the following effects:
-Destroy one card on your opponent's side of the field.
-Discard one card from your opponent's hand.
-Remove 1 card in your Graveyard with "Striker" in its name from play to remove this card from play until your opponent's next End Phase.

Striker's Reunion
Quick-Play Spell
If the number of cards on your opponent's side of the field is greater than the number of cards on your side of the field, you may Special Summon 1 "Striker" monster from your Graveyard whose effect lists a number equal to or less than the difference +1.

Striker Strike
Normal Spell
You may tribute one "Striker" monster to send a number of cards on the Field to the Graveyard equal to half that monster's Level (rounded down). You may not declare an attack during the turn you activate this card.

Striker's Draw
Normal Spell
You can only activate this card if you have 3 or more cards on your side of the field. If the number of cards on your opponent's side of the field is greater than the number of cards on your side of the field, you may draw a number of cards equal to the difference.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Oh my...strikers back again? Bring your Nimble Musasabi and Ojama Trio, ladies and gents. XD And speaking of Musasabi...did I mention what ridiculously great Striker abuse fodder that card makes? =O

Ahh...it was so much fun going through all those pages of this thread to find those original ones. ^.^

Striker Thief: Hmm...quite a bit in one package, with mini+zaloog/field wipe of bigger tartgets/specialized Strike Ninja all in one, neat 1600-Atk package. Dunno'...this looks a bit too much like it's just upstaging Zaloog by doing his primary job with a lot of extras to back it up. Less searchable, but stronger.

Striker's Reunion: Pfft...not really worth it in most cases. The strikers are all dark attribute fiends, so we got plenty of recursion in the usual tricks along with Doom Shaman and Escape From the Dark Dimension already. (Ridiculously easy to play with Thief removing the striker of your choice from the graveyard for recursion) Heck, these little buggers - being mono-attribute - are fully capable of running DaD for support too. I can see that and Ultimate Striker jumping up onto the Field...a lot, with possible Miscount backup to make the latter do absolutely crazy things. >.< Heck, with the right kind of engine we can just spam Nightmare Striker a couple of times and burn our opponent to zero. (Ohm + Doom Shaman FTW?)

How to say...I think that the existing cards in this theme need to be balanced to account for the huge boost to Dark and Fiend support that came after their creation.

Striker Strike: Spell Striker got a new use? XD I've got to say that combined with this, Ultimate Striker is pretty much instant field wipe, but losing your Battle Phase balances...I suppose.

Striker's Draw: Again, Miscount turns this absolutely crazy. Ojama Trio suddenly began increasing your draw power by three too...six with Miscount. x.O

Funny thing you should revisit these at the same time when I came up with something hauntingly resemblant of an anti-theme to them. XD

Frost Gigas
Aqua/Effect
4 Star/Water
1150 Atk / 1550 Def

When this card is Summoned successfully, you may select one unoccupied Monster Card Zone on your Field and treat it as occupied for as long this card remains on the Field. If you do, the original Atk of this card is doubled.

Protector of the Ice Boundary
Aqua/Effect
4 Star/Water
1300 Atk / 1900 Def

By selecting an unoccupied Spell or Trap Card Zone on your Field, negate the destruction of a WATER Attribute Monster you control once. (Damage Calculation, if any, is applied normally) The Spell or Trap Card Zone you selected is treated as occupied until your second Standby Phase after this effect was activated.

Ice Valkyrie

Aqua/Effect
6 Star/Water
2300 Atk / 2600 Def

When this card is Special Summoned, select one unoccupied Monster Card Zone on your Field and the selected Monster Card Zone is treated as occupied for as long as this card remains on the Field. Once per turn, by selecting one unoccupied Monster Card Zone on your Field, Special Summon one WATER Attribute Monster from your Graveyard to a Monster Card Zone on your Field other than the one you selected. The selected Monster Card Zone is then treated as occupied for as long as this card remains on the Field.

Tundra Seer

Spellcaster/Effect
3 Star/Water
1100 Atk / 1600 Def

Whenever the effect of a Normal, Quick-Play, or Ritual Spell Card is resolved, the Spell or Trap Card Zone that the card was in becomes occupied until your second End Phase after the card's activation.

Tundra Wolf
Beast/Effect
3 Star/Water
1000 Atk / 600 Def

This card gains 400 Atk for each "Tundra Wolf" you control. Once per turn, you may Special Summon up to two "Tundra Wolf"s from your Deck. A Monster Special Summoned by this effect can not be offered as Tribute for a Tribute Summon or attack your opponent directly. At the End of the turn when this effect was activated, return all Monsters Special Summoned by this effect to your Deck and shuffle it. The Monster Card Zone(s) occupied by Monster(s) Special Summoned by this effect remain occupied until your third End Phase after this effect was activated.

Frost Seal
Continuous Spell

For each of your Spell and Trap Card Zones that is occupied when this card is activated, select an unoccupied Monster, Spell or Trap Card Zone on your opponent's Field. The selected zone(s) are treated as occupied for as long as this card remains on the Field.

Glory Snow
Normal Spell

Select two of your unoccupied Monster or Spell and Trap Card Zones to activate this card. For the remainder of the Duel, the selected zones are treated as occupied. Draw two cards.

Frozen Grave
Continuous Trap

This card can only be activated when your opponent Tribute Summons a Monster. Negate all effects of the Tribute Summoned Monster and destroy it then select a number of unoccupied Monster or Spell and Trap Card Zones on your opponent's Field up to the number of Monsters tributed for the Monster destroyed by this effect. For as long as this card remains on the Field, the Zones you selected are treated as occupied and your opponent may not Special Summon any Monsters from his/her Graveyard.

Last edited:
Back