• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Do you think there will be travel between regions?

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
I currently have a 3DS and it has a thing called the e'shop. It's like the nintendo version of the Playstation Store on the PS3. In the Playstation Store, Sony releases extra addons you can buy for the original game which include extra levels, items, stories, etc...
I believe they will do the same with the e'shop, you will have to purchase extra regions (such as Johto), that comes with a pass so you are able travel to the region you bought. Or maybe if there is not enough space on the little cartridge, the regions you buy will be separate applications from the game. When you load the new application, you can transfer your pokemon from the original game to the region remakes.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
The only problem with going back to Unova is that every Unova pokemon would have to return (apart from maybe some legendaries) or it would be strange. How do you explain half (or more) of Unova's pokemon being replaced by Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh pokemon?

It's not the same as Pokemon Gold/Silver where there was only the pokemon from two regions to consider.

My ideal situation would be that they would sell additional regions as dlc on the eShop for about €10-15. I would only be willing to pay if it included a full experience though. That means new main storyline and post game, evil team, rival, gyms, elite four, additional features and aspects that make each region what it is (if I buy a Sinnoh expansion pack I want to be able to make poffins, if I buy the Hoenn expansion I want to be able to enter all the contests or set up a secret base in a tree, if I buy the Johto expansion I want to be able to enter my pokemon in the Pokeathlon etc)

I wouldn't expect to get a full region for free. I don't think it would be worth their time.

My expectation is that they won't attempt something like this for the 6th gen, but it would be amazing if they did go down an expansion like route.

Well parts of Unova Pokemon could've migrated to other regions (through fear of Ghetsis returning idk), which could easily explain why the Hoenn/Johto/Sinnoh/Kanto Pokemon are in Unova, as the extended region of this game. :3

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Well parts of Unova Pokemon could've migrated to other regions (through fear of Ghetsis returning idk), which could easily explain why the Hoenn/Johto/Sinnoh/Kanto Pokemon are in Unova, as the extended region of this game. :3

Honestly, I'm not sure of how the pokemon could have possibly migrated to a completely different continent, but hey, this is pokemon we're talking about! A place where you combine the weirdest and funnest stuff into one game!!!!!!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well Pokemon randomly went to Unova, so hey it's possible! Plus if the other region was set in Unova then if we travelled back we could potentially see Unova's changes over 6 years, which'd be an awesome thing for GF to show (through B/W > B2/W2 > this).

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
This has been a thought for a while, but what if the plot for the X&Y storyline is simply a continuation of a past generation storyline? Would that be a chance to travel between other regions?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Maybe but idk, the Unova plot only really seems relevant now and it's kind of tied up, and I think there needs to be a greater reason to travel to other regions. :( The most I can think of is a resurgence of an evil team etc.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
https://www.facebook.com/Pokemon?fref=ts
TPCi is screwing with us it seems. They're asking about how many games we have gone to Kanto in btw. Seems irrelevant, but even the FB was laying down huge hints by this type of trivia with Sylveon a couple of weeks ago. Coincidence, or are we getting Kanto somehow?

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Sure, but what if they're doing it to give the region and the gen I-IV canon expansion in this new Gen V/VI canon? What I mean is if the first 4 event periods all happened within a certain 3 year time span, and gens V and beyond belong in another one quite a while after, I can see them using some regions to massively update them and give us new stories with them.
As for Unova, I do think its within the realm of possibility, if only to give us a final complete one. B2W2 Unova still didn't fell 100%, and probably cause of how rushed they were for XY, they could compensate with another final visit.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
https://www.facebook.com/Pokemon?fref=ts
TPCi is screwing with us it seems. They're asking about how many games we have gone to Kanto in btw. Seems irrelevant, but even the FB was laying down huge hints by this type of trivia with Sylveon a couple of weeks ago. Coincidence, or are we getting Kanto somehow?

Doubting it's Kanto we'll be visiting if any. People are sick of Kanto (online at least) and nobody has expressed a great desire to return to Kanto in the world lmao. They'd have to be insane to do that.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Wow Kanto...maybe Mewtwo will have some role in these games...well gen 5 was nice enough of a break from Kanto and Oak while it lasted. And seeing Kanto will deter from another pair of RG remakes. Interestingly 2014 is the 10th anniversity of Frlg (at least here in the states) so maybe they'll add it in for that since it already got it's remakes. Personally I want to see Sinnoh as it's my second favorite region but as I've said it's quite big (the biggest of the known 5 in fact) compared to Johto, Unova, Kanto, and Hoenn.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
If it's Kanto it'll also mean that there's like, 4 versions of Kanto, and even Unova didn't really say "oh Kanto's great" referencing it in this region. Just... no, please. :(

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
It would be much harder to even do a past visit as we now have an entirely different graphics with X/Y, which would mean not only creating an entirely new region with them, but going back and putting an older region in with the new engine as well. As much as it would be nice, I doubt it will happen.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Most likely, but I can't say for certain :3. If it is implemented, I really hope it isn't another visit to Kanto. Honestly Kanto needs a break, they should try something unique and different this time like Hoenn or Sinnoh, that'd be interesting! Although they might not, as Game Freak is most likely focused on creating the 3D Graphics and putting in new Pokemon which is already quite a workload already. It would be nice to see but its sort of unlikely as well...you know? I mean they have to change a region again to fit with everything, graphics, up to date music etc.

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
I really doubt it'll have any entire other regions.

For one thing, with the graphics as upgraded as they are, they'll have enough work cut out for them to just get the main region done, let alone letting the player travel to other locations which are nearly equally as big. It would be cool, but that would be a huge game.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
As much as I want such things to happen, I don't think it will happen cos...

Its a new game with new graphics/engine and there will be lots of mapping and new graphics to be done, so it would be best if its only one region but I guess after the next few games, travelling between regions will be back. Trust me.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I really doubt it'll have any entire other regions.

For one thing, with the graphics as upgraded as they are, they'll have enough work cut out for them to just get the main region done, let alone letting the player travel to other locations which are nearly equally as big. It would be cool, but that would be a huge game.

Unless they planned the games as soon as they got the 3DS kits and went full on to be able to get the new region ;x

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I think it's rather unlikely for another region to be implemented in the game. As most have already said, creating one whole new 3D world is work enough, and i don't see them having the time to re-create an old region with full 3D graphics. Plus, i think this new region will follow Unova's example of being a "stand-alone" region, since that's the direction GF seems to be taking lately

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Maybe to Unova only, because they really don't change out of a game since it is made specially for this region as a franchise. Because, suppose you wanted Ruby because you want to see Hoenn, and you can buy X & Y also, you'll think "in X & Y there is Hoenn too, at least that's what my friend (or internet source) told me. And it has way more advanced graphics, so I don't want Ruby". Which might affect sales.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Maybe this is just me, but I just feel that Unova is pretty much done for, y'know? As much as lot of people want to travel back to Unova to really "complete" that region, I just...I dunno, I feel that it's already complete? It may have been apparently rushed, but at the same time, I don't think that's really the case. But I'd be repeating a post I said earlier in this thread, so yeah. xD;

Nope, not just you =P We've had two full games on the region already. I don't know how much more "done" it can really get. We've already had an expansion on the region, I don't really think that we need another one. If we're travelling back to any region (which I still highly doubt, sadly), I'd want it to be either Hoenn or Sinnoh since those haven't been touched yet from any sort of remake stance.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
It's just the same as having two games and a third game honestly. Unova has had normal treatment, and if Unova were to be the new Kanto, it'd likely be in these games.

Back