• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2020
I just downloaded and patched Fire Red to the Frozen Rom Base by Neti, Thrace, and Fangking Omega and I can't find the snow tiles for anything. Does anyone know where to find them? Or they in a random tileset I cant find. Thanks for any help.

FrenziedChaos

Like a hyena.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 29, 2014
Does anybody know how to delete scripts, as in turn them into free space?

Or, does anyone know where the default scripts are located in Emerald so I can overwrite them with free space?

Last edited:

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
Does anybody know how to delete scripts, as in turn them into free space?

Or, does anyone know where the default scripts are located in Emerald so I can overwrite them with free space?

Open up XSE, and compile a "script" (it isn't really a script, it's basically telling XSE to do something) and write either of the following:

#erase [Starting Offset] [Range] or #eraserange [Starting Offset] [Ending Offset]. Use the first if you want to erase X number of bytes, starting at an offset. Use the second if you want to erase all bytes from one offset to another.

Edit: #dynamic 0x800000 and #org aren't required. Just write #erase or #eraserange, the two parameters, and hit compile.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Thanks, redriders. Does anyone know the hex number for the fanfare that plays when you receive a badge?

It can be activated in text via the code: "\c\h06Á" but I'd like to activate it through the fanfare command.
Search for the text code in a hex editor and locate the pointer to it.
That pointer is likely a normal "message script" command and you ought to find a command for playing the fanfare close to it.

*Sometimes script commands are looked from other script commands, not always ASM

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2012
Is there a hack of Pokemon Black for any GBA Pokémon game? I can't play a DS emulator all too well and don't really have money to buy a DS, cheap as it is.

Years
Search for the text code in a hex editor and locate the pointer to it.
That pointer is likely a normal "message script" command and you ought to find a command for playing the fanfare close to it.

*Sometimes script commands are looked from other script commands, not always ASM

I tried that, but the ROM didn't point to the message in the conventional sense of the offset reversed + 08. :/

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
Is there a hack of Pokemon Black for any GBA Pokémon game? I can't play a DS emulator all too well and don't really have money to buy a DS, cheap as it is.

Do you mean a hack that is exactly the same as Pokemon Black, but for the GBA, or a demake? No to the first, and I think at least a few people are working on doing the second.

BlazeFinneganIII

OG Trainer
Years
What types of tools are available for hacking DS Pokemon ROMs? I'm new to hacking and would very much like to start creating my own ROM Hack. Ideally I'd like to use the newer generation of Pokemon Games to do this. There appears to be a lot of tools for the 3rd generation or GBA games, but what about the DS games, D/P/PL and B/W? Is there a map editor for the DS versions like advance map is for the GBA games?

droomph

weeb
Years
What types of tools are available for hacking DS Pokemon ROMs? I'm new to hacking and would very much like to start creating my own ROM Hack. Ideally I'd like to use the newer generation of Pokemon Games to do this. There appears to be a lot of tools for the 3rd generation or GBA games, but what about the DS games, D/P/PL and B/W? Is there a map editor for the DS versions like advance map is for the GBA games?
We can do everything but edit maps (we can move the buildings however) as of now. Unless you really know what you're doing I think you'll have to stick to gen III.

But if you still want to, you can check out the two basic tools, Tinke and PPRE. Google them. They're not that hard to use, so I think you can figure stuff out from there.

Why would you want to play that on a GBA anyways? The graphics (especially the cutscenes) are vital to the feel of the game and the GBA can't capture that feel. Go save up money, $200 isn't that hard to scrape up (and especially if you're past he legal working age) if you really try.

Last edited:

BlazeFinneganIII

OG Trainer
Years
Thanks for answering my question droomph. That has been bugging for weeks. I would like to fully edit maps so I will most likely stick with hacking in Gen 3.

My next question is then; where can I find some good palettes that resemble the DS Pokemon games for advanced map? Is there a thread or database for palates somewhere? I've found a few online but I don't want to steal anyone's hard work and would be more than willing to give credit to whoever created them.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Thanks for answering my question droomph. That has been bugging for weeks. I would like to fully edit maps so I will most likely stick with hacking in Gen 3.

My next question is then; where can I find some good palettes that resemble the DS Pokemon games for advanced map? Is there a thread or database for palates somewhere? I've found a few online but I don't want to steal anyone's hard work and would be more than willing to give credit to whoever created them.

What you could do, fairly easily, is find a screenshot of B/W and put it in a paint-program to work out the RGB values of the colours. Then all you need to do is go into A-Map and change the palette to match B/W.

BlazeFinneganIII

OG Trainer
Years
So you're basically saying to recolor the palette already available based on the colors from the B/W image, right?
I also thought of just grabbing a high res image and cutting out squares to make my own palette. I've never made a palette before however and have no idea if that would work.

droomph

weeb
Years
So you're basically saying to recolor the palette already available based on the colors from the B/W image, right?
I also thought of just grabbing a high res image and cutting out squares to make my own palette. I've never made a palette before however and have no idea if that would work.
No, the pallet is actually a sequence of twenty or so numbers. The programs just separate them into squares for easy access so you don't have to enter a number every time you want to use that color. What he was saying was to go look at the RGB values of the colors (there's many ways you can do that, not that hard to find out) and translate them into GBA format.

If you want to make a pallet there's some very good pallet making tutorials on PC, you could search for them. I suggest HackMew's, go look for that.

Years
  • Seen May 13, 2012
Hello everyone. I'm trying to hack Gen I for my first Pokemon hacking experience, Red specifically. One thing I'm doing is completely revamping most of the moves and changing types, power, accuracy, etc.

One thing that's stumping me is how Quick Attack is coded to be a priority move. When I look at the move effect, it's "00", meaning that it does damage and nothing else. However, nothing in the move data indicates that it's a priority move, meaning the priority move routine is stuffed away somewhere else in the code. I've also looked around the RAM map without much success, too. I'd like to change a few moves (specifically Bone Club, Comet Punch, and Mist) to be priority damaging moves.

Also, to that effect, what makes SonicBoom and Dragon Rage have set damage? Their effect is "28", which is exactly what Seismic Toss and Night Shade have, only SB and DR are hard-coded for 20 and 40 damage respectively.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TheOrangePichu

Currently working on new hack
Years
Hello there! This is a question regarding Wichu's Advance Sprite Editor. I was wondering, after I write the sprite to the rom, it looks completely fine. Nothing is messed up, but once I open the sprite again the picture is blank and in-game it looks like a bunch of messed up pixels. Can anyone help with this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back