• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: daily vidya chat

pkmin3033

£25 is a bit pricey for a touched-up port, although considering twice that is RRP these days perhaps I'm just cheap, haha. Although with Kiwami being around £20 in some places that's the kind of price I'd be looking to pay at the absolute most. Really, they should sell them as part of a set, and I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't for the West at least - after all, we just LOVE expensive crap and a hundred thousand different options to choose from.

I won a copy of Return to Arkham on PS4 today! I had Asylum on the 360 but never finished it, and I've never played City. Looking forward to it :3

Last edited:
Years
You can get 0 for £21 (bargain of the century) and Kiwami for £18 on 365games.

If you were going to do what I did and play 3, 4 and 5 on the ps3 that's where it would get expensive. The prices of 3 and 4 have spiked recently. Best prices I've found are on CEX's website. £40 for 3 and £25 for 4, they're going for quite a bit more than that in places too. Then 5 is digital download only at £25.

At least dead Souls is super cheap. Whilst I was never into the whole zombie craze I'm sure with the writers this franchise has it'll be loads of fun, despite crappy/average reviews in most places. All of the important stuff is there anyway. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyXOsnI1QDg

Edit - ALl of the Yakuza boys have such beautiful voices. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooFoNwoMxjY

Last edited:

TY

Anyone else here playing Civilization V? Maybe should have a civ game at some point :P

pkmin3033

I have a Civ game, it was free on the Humble store a while back...can't remember which one it is, though.

I haven't played a decent RTS game since Age of Empires (which got remastered for PC recently IIRC...must buy that somewhen) and Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun were a thing. Although the Star Wars RTS titles (Galactic Battlegrounds and Empire at War) were novel for a while, back when Star Wars got actual video games.

TY

oh yea that reminds me to get that AoE 1 remaster someday aswell, gonna have to try that, played 2&3 but not 1 :(

Tiberian Sun is still a masterpiece although the online community doesn't really have a lot going, Red Alert 2 and the most popular mod for it, Mental Omega, seem to take up that spot, which are still fantastic games imo.

what boggles me though is that the expansion packs for Civ V are still 30 euros when the complete edition is 40 euros O_o

pkmin3033

I never really took to the second game for some reason...it just didn't feel right to me. I've not tried the third though, mostly because at the time of release I didn't have a machine capable of running it. Worth trying, would you say?

I loved the units you could get in Tiberian Sun. Disruptors were just so cool. xD

Digital games pricing is so much fun, right? This is why I never buy digital unless I have no other choice, and never buy games on PC outside of sales.

TY

I started with the second game, with steam workshop support things got even more fun, but the first might blow me away as soon as I play it xD
Definetly worth a try, im still learning how to play it personally.

GDI had the better units in Tiberian Sun, Disruptors, Titans, the glorious Mammoth MK II
what was it a terrible time to be Nod, at least we had more pleasing looking buildings xD

it's why i usually wait for sales, I dont have a CD drive in my PC anymore :(

pkmin3033

Will keep an eye out in the Steam sales, then...end of next month! My Steam backlog is already horrific, though. xD;

Well, the Nod had those invisible bombers, and the underground troop carriers, IIRC? The Mammoth took such a looooong time to build, too.

I'm a little worried/annoyed that the majority of high end laptops don't have CD drives any more - mine does, but that I had to look for one with that specific feature was bothersome. I watch DVDs on this thing too and I don't want to pay for a separate USB DVD player...and I ain't going all digital no matter how hard the various industries try to push me in that direction >.>

TY

mine is huuuuuge tbh, i have a lot of games I have not finished or not even started at all and the list grows on the daily xD

Yea, but their units were next to garbage on Hard difficulty and I just end up hijacking GDI buildings for Titans xD
Although the Banshees and artillery were quite something, ESPECIALLY the arty being homing

I fear the same, my current PC case has no option for a CD drive at all. Might scrap up my old case which still has a CD player in it but the size is so tiny I cant do much with it xD

Last edited:

pkmin3033

Whilst I don't generally like digital-only products, I think Sony and Nintendo could learn a lot from Steam, and discounting games in general. Digital titles on the storefront literally never drop in price, and it's extremely aggravating. You see a game released 3 years ago or so going for full RRP on the store and it's just...what. Why. xD

Ahaha, I never played on hard difficulty, I generally play these kinds of games to relax =P

I've always thought of PCs - even gaming PCs - as multi-purpose devices, so not having a CD drive seems counter-productive to me...I mean, Blu Ray discs are still a thing even if people want to use the "antiquated media" argument for DVDs.

TY

I fully agree with that. Main reason why I havent really bought that many new games and stuck with the good old classics 8)

It's actually my first attempt at a Hard playthrough, normallu I play the campaign on normal, do some wacky stuff, but I'd felt like a challenge besides playing online haha

they should be imo, but the future insists on the digital nonsense I fear.

pkmin3033

Too much comes out, and there's so much to catch up on! Although with older titles, ironically I think digital is actually better - I mean, good luck finding an original copy of some games for a decent price...

I seeeee. I don't actually play on Hard very much these days, because I have so much to play...getting stuck at points is time I don't have. xD

Oh, despite the fear-mongering, I seriously doubt we're in for a digital-only future - there is too much demand for physical media. It's just a small minority of major AAA publishers painfully out of touch with their target audience. These same people seemed to think smartphone gaming would replace handhelds by now...and look at how well the Switch is doing and the 3DS' continued existence.

TY

oh yes Ive been trying to find a copy of Emperor: Battle For Dune but to no avail at all, not avalible digital either so its to pray for that one day it is :(

RTS games are probably the only genre I can play on the highest difficulty, the rest I just die every 2 seconds.

pkmin3033

I'm sure it's available digitally, just maybe not legally...

Have you ever played the Warhammer RTS games? I'm kinda hoping those go on sale in June, I'd quite like the chance to try one :o

TY

that is certain, although im not a huge fan of that :P

I have not actually, might have to try that one sometime

pkmin3033

Surprisingly (considering my general objections to being overcharged for things, and unavailability, and my general attitude to other media like music and anime) I don't emulate much either...or I keep it confined to older titles that I can't find or am unwilling to pay outrageous sums for.

There are a lot of them...there's a £130 bundle on Steam for all of them or something. Kinda hoping for a 75%+ discount. xD

TY

Ive done it for the previous game in the Dune series, only to learn it was freeware xD

aiai yea steam sales are happening soon are they not? I hope they'll be on discount

pkmin3033

25 days, in fact. I have a wishlist and a spending limit I'm going to try and stick to this year...last year I went a tad crazy. Humble Bundles have filled things out for me quite a bit too.

TY

o crap thats pretty close. I have a bday coming up and not a big wishlist. Might end up giving games to others like usual

actually scrap the Tiberian Sun on hard im getting tilted at this one mission, might aswell now go for a lets play type of thing and do something with my YT channel

Last edited:
Back