• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Years of Lies [IC] [Best Veteran Q2 '12]

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years
Chapter 3 - Bernkastel Vermillia - Demon District

Even with Ryuu's animal-like behavior of eating, he didn't snag so much as a two-second look from the servant. Most, being the five outside the kitchen, glanced once in his direction and that was it. They didn't give out any expression or motion that Ryuu was bothering them. In fact, they were acting as though it was a normal occurance. They didn't show signs of fright or disgust. More like, content. What were these servants? That obeyed without question, and expressed no personal feelings to the outside? Of course, they were God servants. Superior just like the entire species. Not that they believed they were higher than demons, but higher than the servants that served the demons back at their district.

"......." The door leading out to the huge balcony connected to the dining room, opened with hardly a sound. Just a little squeak. A form in their usual attire, black and white, moved past Ryuu's seating to sit across from him on the other side. Who could come so close to this giant, without being the least bit caring? Their calm, blank expression said absolutely nothing on what they were thinking. They weren't looking at him like an enemy. Quite opposite with everything that had happened on the helicopter. Actually, they had every right to show spite to Ryuu. That being said, it wasn't like it was a kind gaze. So... What was it if it wasn't kind or spiteful?

Well, that's Bernkastel for you.

The witch settled herself into her seat; uncaring of the person across from her. For once, her hat was adjusted accordingly. Up just enough so that her eyes could be seen. Her hands, folded politely on her lap. Really, she was like a doll. Very beautiful, with eyes like a void. Even her clothing was doll-like. Who in this day and age would wear a blouse with a long skirt? Not to mention the hat. Wasn't that just a bit too cliche' for a witch?

"Surprise me," Was she talking to Ryuu? Perhaps not, because immediately after, two servants slid themselves into the kitchen. When they returned, they had her meal out on their trays. Setting it before her, it was a rather elegant platter. A chicken breast with some sort of orange sauce. Half a dozen baked baby potatoes, with a side of rice. The other servant placed a wine glass onto the table, and expertly poured a red liquid into it. It must have been alchohol, because that's what it smelt like. Alchohol. She was a teenager, and the servants were serving her an adult drink? Oh whatever. I suppose the two-time Victor got special treatment...

"Thank you," She mumbled quietly, staring at her meal. It took her a while to even raise her hands. It was actually kind of mockingly funny. The noble was eating like a slob, while the witch was eating like some sort of etiquette-crazed lady. Using the jillion utensils spread out, she ate her meal in a clean manor, without paying much attention to Ryuu. Was she ignoring him?

"....." As she came close to finishing her chicken and rice, she paused. Quietly, she placed her utensils back into their proper places, and reached over past her dish. Returning with her wine glass, she gave a gentle sip. "...." She looked at the glass for a moment in confusion, and set it down. What she did next, was completely surprising. Completely odd. Completely... Insane.

She reached past her end of the table, and grabbed a piece of steak Ryuu had just set down for a millisecond. With his bite marks prominent on it's surface, her fingers brought it to her mouth, and she bit directly onto Ryuu's markings. What happened to all her fancy etiquette?! Was she insane? Perhaps, perhaps not. Without a word, she finished the steak which had originally belonged to Ryuu, picked up her utensils, and began eating her potatoes like nothing happened.

Chapter 3 - Mammon - Underworld

Holding my forehead in annoyance, I took a few breaths to calm myself. Right... Okay. Who knew Alice and Zane could be so...? Whenever I had a new male contractor, they would always assume things that were... Ugh never mind. In any case, I had better steer clear of Alice for a bit. Let her find that plush underneath my bed for all I cared! As for Zane... He better not be smelling like cake next time I see him... Ew. That would be really gross. And I wasn't greedy! I just happened to like having things. A lot. Especially sweets and weapons. Did that make me greedy? I think not. Zane was just obnoxious. Alice was a pain the rear. Vergil was... Ah, did he even count? And Lucifier was the only sane one. So cool... So strong... So... ACK. I immediately change myself into a long, pointed dagger, and clip myself to Ryuu's sleeve. The elevator has stopped, and we are now facing the small hallways that spaced Fausto's door to the elevator. A very convienient little room that could have saved me an exposure.

"I hope you're not planning on cooking him like a piece of bacon." I comment. "You strike me as the type...."

When we finally did get inside Fausto's room, it was surprising to see that he was actually here. I was, in honesty, expecting him to be elsewhere, and we would have to wait for him to return. Instead, the lights are off. Even the curtains are pulled back over the sliding glass door leading outside. The darkness is vast, but from the light peeking back behind us from the room we exitted, we can see a sort of window of sight. This cone of light in Fausto's room, held what appeared to be the clothing he had worn previously. Just dumped in the middle of the room for a maid to pick up. Also in this light, was the target.

Sleeping peacefully in his bed, was Fausto. Hair damp from a shower, and wearing short-sleeved pajamas of a sort. He must have not expected anyone to come in while he was dressed like this, because for the first time, his wrists are exposed. Ten even, slightly fresh cuts to each wrist.

Last edited:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Ryuu ate silently as he filled his mouth with another bite of the meat. He didn't look up for an instant as the waiters brought him more meat a little later. Evidently, what happened next, not even Ryuu would expect.

He noticed as Bern walked passed him and sat right on the opposite side of where Ryuu was sitting. At first, no words was spoken, as Ryuu stared he down, trying to figure out what she was doing. Finally, Bernkastel spoke, but it was not to him.

"Surprise me," she said, and the waiters went into the kitchen. Ryuu took one more look at the waiters, before returning his gaze to the woman on the opposite side of him. A flood of emotions filled Ryuu, most prominent of which was anger, confusion, and intrigue. Most of all was the intrigue. Few often even approached Ryuu, but Bern went so far as to sit right by him, and then outright ignore him. Ryuu didn't know whether to be pissed or impressed.

After a moment longer, Ryuu decided to do as she did, and pay her no mind. Her food was eventually brought out in front of her, including a glass of wine. Bern accepted the meal, and began to eat. Ryuu placed another of his steaks on his plate for a moment as he took a large gulp of his own wine, finishing it completely.

What happened next was even more unexpected. Bernkastel reached over at the steak Ryuu had just placed down, and began to eat it. Ryuu looked at her, his expression a combination of confusion and a bit of anger. He silently stared at her as she ate the same way he did, finishing his steak, before finally picking up her utensils again and continuing with her meal. For a moment, it looked like Ryuu was about to get up and smash Bern's face in. But in all honesty, Ryuu was actually quite amused. Instead of a usual reaction expected of him but the others, if they were there, Ryuu began to laugh. He then spoke.

"You've got some gut, Bern. No one's done anything like that before in front of me. Well, and got away with it! HAHA!" He said, looking her over. But Ryuu never liked people getting the best of him. He reached over to her wine glass, and grabbed it up, draining the contents down his throat in one gulp. He placed it back down in a hard stomp, and spoke once more.

"Looks like we'll need some more." He lifted the glass again, and spoke loudly. "Servants! Bring us a bottle!" He yelled, placing the glass back down. He leaned back in his chair now, and crossed his arms, looking at Bern. For all her strange antics, she was quite gutsy, and Ryuu liked that. This may be someone he might be willing to get along with, or at least tolerate.

"You know, Bern",He began again, "Of all the deadbeat competition out here, you're the most interesting. Or at least the most insane. I like that."

He said this as he gave a smile, but it wasn't his usual 'I'll rip your head off' smile. It was more of an actual smile, if Ryuu could have those.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 29, 2012
"The main servant is Lucifier. His manipulation is destruction, and he makes hurricanes, tornados, tsunamis... He is the most powerful of the five. Mammon controls manifestation, and she can make anything and everything with the snap of a finger. Zane is the embodiment of fear. He gives nightmares and things to be feared. Alice is the demon servant of illusion. She makes mental diseases and hallucinations. Lastly, there is Vergil. He controls wisdom, and he knows everything. Past, present, and future."

Lucifer. Most powerful. Mammon. Snap of a finger. Zane. Fear. Alice. Hallucinations. Vergil. Wise. Shizuka memorized each name and the their 'attributes' for lack of a better word.

"The Demon Lord is Ashura."

Demon Lord Ashura. The demon lord was the one that interested him the most. Demon's and angels have never been ones to get along, but their races fascinated Shizu. He knew all the history of his species, which meant he knew all about demons as well..but he had never heard of any of this stuff. So many secrets.

"Oh, I don't think anyone outside the government knew that Bernkastel was visiting all the districts... However, three years ago on the fifth Population Games, it was a huge deal and everyone knew when the Victors were doing their tour..."

This didn't really interest Shizuka. He wanted to get back to Bernkastel in general.

"Not very many people know about the servants, either. And that the name of the Demon Lord is Ashura... Ashura is referred to as Satan in most cases. Government, priests, and dark magicians are the only ones with knowledge on them..."

More secrets..

"Bern's mother is an angel priestess who lived in our district. She owns that huge church beside the government building.... She was allowed to move into the Demon District when Bern became Victor. Bern was raised by her father ever since the Gods took over. Her father is a dark magician."

Angel Priestess? Dark magician. No wonder Bern is the woman she is today, she comes from a chaotic past.

"Bern's a dark magician as well, obviously... The Seven Day Witch, I think. Anyways, magicians get titles based on their specialties."

The Seven Day Witch. Its time to meet her face to face again. I need more information about what's going on. Shizuka pushed his plate of fruit away and then looked deeply into Amelia's eyes. The flickered slightly, she was reciting all of this information from physical memory. She was telling the truth.

"I want to see Bernkastel. Will you take her to me? Now would be a great idea in my opinion."

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years

The witch finally looked up at Ryuu when he began laughing. It wasn't really unexpected, in her eyes. It was just math. Percentages, on his reaction. Oddly enough, the more appropriate reaction was what he was doing. According to the math, anyways. Honestly, Bern had been leaning more to a hostile intake of the situation. However, this was her mind speaking, not math. Bern's theory would have been correct, had the circumstances been different. If this senario had played out before Ryuu had fought Natruo, then there would be blood spilt. Instead, it was after. Due to her observation inside the helicopter, Bernkastel had learned several things about Ryuu the Rhyno. Most likely, the others had caught the more obvious traits of this boy. There was another, that had only been an assumption until now. The assumption was that after Ryuu fought a good opponent, he became exhausted. Now, don't get the wrong idea. You may be thinking that anyone who broke a few bones would be 'exhausted' too. However... Not everyone had that mindset. Ryuu made the impression that he was a literal rhyno. A rhyno who wasn't too bright, and whose only thoughts revolved around hostility and fighting. But as mentioned before, this wasn't the case. With a quick talk with the demon district's leader, Bern learned some useful things. Ryuu came from a noble family. High chance he killed his parents. This would seem like rubbish info for most, but it wasn't for the witch. These two sentences were vital, in getting to know him.

So, what did Bern mean by 'exhausted'? Well... Look back at his reaction to after he beat up Mammon. He was 'exhausted' or, for a better word, happy. He was so happy over what he did, he lost sight on Bern being the one he was originally fighting. He was no way physically worn out. He could have went for a second round! Instead, he was content with his first 'kill' and thus, did not pursue Bernkastel as a target.

"I'm guessing that I got away with it," She mumbled out, watching as he snatched away her glass and gulped the alcohol down. Demons had a hard time getting drunk, so it wasn't a problem how much he consumed. To give you a better scale, we could probably drink a medium-strong alcohol for an entire week, and we'd still only have a twenty percent chance of getting drunk. Angels, were a completely different story. Two tablespoons of the same stuff, and they'd be loopy. They just weren't adapted to consume that sort of stuff. That was because their consumption senses were more adapted than that of a demons. Tastes were more strong, and food lasted longer in their bellies. Starvation was hardly a problem with them. Opposite, for demons. Demons had to eat about double the amount of calories an adult human is supposed to consume in a day.

As he shouted out for a bottle, the witch adjusted herself in her seat. Her blank, emerald pools glazing over Ryuu. What would be the appropriate response to his behavior?

"Deadbeat... A fitting term," She agreed with him on that note. All the other participants were just a bunch of... 'Deadbeats'. Nothing of concern to either of them. "Insanity? Well, I can tell you now that I am not sane..."

One of the servants came back calmly, with the bottle Ryuu requested. A brand-new bottle of alcohol. Silently, he poured each of their glasses full. He left the bottle on Ryuu's side, and went back to the kitchen without a single word. Instead of reaching out to take her glass which Ryuu had snagged, she kept herself in her position, and watched Ryuu.

Chapter 3 - Amelia Kunjui - Angel District

I paused. This request, I wasn't so sure about. I mean... Bernkastel came off as one of those people that approached YOU. Not the other way around. Besides, being the two-time victor, she was probably busy already with others. Would it even be appropriate to meet with her this late at night...? Surely she slept... Right? I swallowed, and finished the rest of my food. What if she just waved us off? What then...? She was kind of... Scary. Threatening. Creepy. Especially with those five demon servants on her.

No wonder the Gods wanted her dead. She was a big threat.

"A-ah... O-okay..." I stuttered, unable to speak fluently because of how nervous I was beginning to feel. Taking him there, would mean I would also have to come into contact with Bern. "I-if she isn't in h-her room, w-we'll wait there u-until she returns..." That was the plan, anyways. Now... Who else was at the demon district? Anyone to be worried about. I began to stand, but I didn't exactly make it. I froze mid-stand, and stared at the table. Oh... There was one person there, that we couldn't afford to run into. Ryuu. That blood-thirsty rhyno. If he found out we came to visit Bern... He would probably be threatened to attack us. I couldn't defend myself, so that would leave Shizuka. Would he be able to handle Ryuu? Perhaps... No, he could, couldn't he? He was Shizuka, after all. I quickly shook my head to clear the gore out of my mind, and I slid around the table.

I waited for Shizu to join me, before leading to the elevator. Let's see... Who else was there? Well, there was Paris. That model from the demon's district. She wouldn't be too much of a problem. Really, she was probably already sleeping. As for the other boy... What was his name? Xavier? He didn't seem too fond of people. So, more than likely secluded inside his room. So it was just Ryuu and Bern. Both rather frightening to me. Why did I have to accompany Shizu there...? Did he think maybe that the brief interactions I had with the witch, would help? Hm...

Before I knew it, we were leaving the elevator, and were now standing in the training center. I whimpered slightly at the smell of blood. I had completely forgotten Natruo's scheduled fight with Ryuu. Where were they...? Or at the very least, Ryuu? Off by the demon's elevator, stood Natruo. Well, not really standing, but actually at work. He did that kind of stuff? In his hands, was a mop. Why was he cleaning the floor now, when it would be dirty again tomorrow? My eyes trailed the floor, and I whimpered a little more. I slid myself slightly behind Shizu. Blood. Splatters of blood from a fight. Their fight was already over? And Ryuu... Where was he? Natruo seemed to be perfectly fine. So... Did that mean that the Game Designer beat the rhyno? What exactly happened to Ryuu...?

Cautiously, I moved onto the other side of Shizu, and began directing him over. What really made this situation worse, was that Natruo was cleaning just in front of the elevator we needed. Thus, we were obliged to get rather close to him, in order to pass. I didn't like that idea one bit. But, I had to cope with it. If I couldn't pass Natruo without a panic attack, Shizu would probably think badly of me. I didn't want that.

I silently led Shizu over to the elevators; keeping in mind what Natruo was doing. The game designer was being quiet. Really too quiet for my tastes. Maybe he was injured and he just was hiding it with his silence? I don't know why it bugged me so much... Nerves. As we came closer, the more nervous I became. He didn't look up from his work not a single time. Was he ignoring us? I suppose that was a good thing... But as we came closer, the number and size of the splatters became more vast. The smell, intesified. The blood was fresh. Sticky... Slippery. Very, very slippery.

I tried to avoid the blood as best as I could, and maybe it wasn't the blood that made me slip. Perhaps it was the soaps from the mop that did the trick. In any case, I felt myself fall back. Shizu probably wouldn't be able to catch me. Natruo would probably just stare. So I did what I could to protect myself in that fast-moving fall. Instead, I didn't crash down. I didn't get a concussion. I was... Stopped? I opened my eyes in confusion. Maybe I regained my footing? No. Somebody had caught me. Not Shizuka, but... Natruo? One of his arms held around me almost protectively. The other, holding the mop he had been using. He wasn't even looking at me. At first. I stared at him, and his eyes slowly came down to look at me. And just like that, everything hit me like a ton of bricks. I stumbled away from him quite quickly. Not even thanking the man for catching me. I just needed to get out of there. Not exactly in the elevator, but just... Away. I stopped in front of the doors, and jammed my finger into the button. That's when the shivers began. Slight shivers that were just barely noticeable. As Shizu came up to me, I looked back at the person who had caught my fall. He had gone back to mopping up the blood. I looked back Shizu with terrified eyes.

"Th-that isn't Natruo... Natruo didn't f-fight Ryuu." I whimpered quietly, moving around as I waited for the elevator. I needed to get out of there. Before he turned on me. Or Shizu.

"R-ryuu f-fought Lucifier, I th-think..."

Chapter 3 - Scarlet Uiromo - Demon District

"You were trained for this."

I look up from the unconscious man, and to the woman who had spoken. Arms crossed, with an approving smile at what I had done. This man would die if we didn't get him to a hospital. But she didn't seem to mind. Neither did I, at this point. He was one of many little slugs that roamed the district. Rebels, I had been told. Criminals fighting for a 'cause'. And that cause was not what I wanted. Not what we wanted, as I whole. The world was at it's prime, so why would people rebel? Because they couldn't accept change. They couldn't accept a solution if it wasn't their own. Selfish was what they were. All of them. We weren't selfish! I wasn't selfish. We were helping the people. The people who didn't fight the solution. We helped them, by getting rid of threats like this one.

~~~

I look around the building I had been sent to. Such an elegant place, to be prepared... Well, I wasn't preparing to die. I was preparing to kill. The lobby reminded me something of a hotel's. Wide and open.... A corner reserved for couches and love seats and a television. This was prime. I lowered myself down into a black leather seat, and watch the programs rolling on the screen. Reruns. The usual. Nothing of interest. Well, that was completely fine with me because the others were here. Two more girls, and a taller boy. I didn't care about the angel and demon. I cared about the vampire who immediately approached me. I flung myself out of my chair, and into his arms. Those arms that have carressed me every day. He holds me in tight. I don't care what those other two think.

"I missed you, brother. So they let you come?" I ask softly, looking up at him. His gold eyes gaze down at me, and a soft, warm smile eminates from his lips.

"I missed you too, Scarlet. Yes, they're letting me participate with you." He confirmed. The boy, who was about seventeen, stuck out like a sore thumb. Clothing that almost seemed royal. His hair was quite different, too. Gold, with white streaks fanning out from the middle of his scalp.

I pull back from him, and smile. "I'm really glad they'll letting you. With you by my side, we can win this." I glance at the other two. "Me and you, can win the Population Games."

Last edited:

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
Miharu walked through the doors of the lobby, immediately glancing over the room to see if anybody else was there. She noticed a few others there, but chose to ignore them, although she did raise an eyebrow when two people embraced each other, but decided that it wasn't any of her business. However, when the girl mentioned that they would be the winners and glanced at each of the people in the room, she stared coldly back. Like she was going to be intimidated.

She stayed standing, mostly against the wall of the entrance; a little bit away so she wouldn't get hit by the door if it opened. She looked completely and utterly relaxed, like she was just waiting for a friend to come. Miharu wondered if dinner would be over soon and, if not, if they were allowed to come in. She would rather like to survey the competition.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
"Deadbeat... A fitting term,"Bern said as the waiter brought out another wine bottle, filling their glasses, then leaving the bottle before departing.

Ryuu took the bottle right away and gulped it down. Less than half was remaining as Ryuu slammed it on the table. He looked back at Bern, to see she was watching him. He gave her back her glass now, and took his own in his hands, examining the drink, holding the base tightly in his hands with a fist. It was a miracle it didn't break. He spoke, not necessarily to Bern, but more to himself. Yet it was still a bit towards Bern.

"I found out something interesting today. Like anything else, Gods can bleed." He chuckled a little, then continued. "It's funny. Once you take down their titles and flashy districts, they're just the same as demons: strong, for the most part, arrogant, but rightfully in the position they should be: on top."

He paused once more, taking a big gulp of the glass in his hands. He began thinking about what Natruo said before, about alliances. It just didn't sit well with him, and it didn't seem right, even if everyone else was doing it. To ally with someone was already a hard thing to do. But to ally with someone only to get to kill them later is just unpleasant. Still, Ryuu couldn't understand everyone's reasoning behind it. They were all too friendly for their own good. But then again, Ryuu didn't give a damn about any of them.

It was silent for too long, so Ryuu finally spoke, and bluntly for that matter.

"OK, fine, how about we make a deal. I promise I won't go killing you first, and you do the same." He said, looking into her eyes as he took another gulp of the wine, finishing his glass, and moving on straight to the bottle.

"This is not an alliance. This is basically saying that we won't f*ck with each other once the competition starts, until later. What do you say?" He said, looking at her, expecting an answer. It was put in a rather blunt way, but people who know Ryuu shouldn't expect anything less.

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
Years
-I walked across the hallway to Fausto's room with the grimly emotionless face that one would not see under the mask of an executioner. I glanced at my sleeve which had become slightly heavier, and saw that a long pointed dagger had been clipped to my sleeve. Seeing the "M" engraved on the blade, I turned my attention back to the matter at hand, the boy on the bed, and released the breath I had been holding in slowly, allowing my shoulders to relax. I had originally thought the boy was an emo, but now my suspicions were confirmed as I looked at the 10 fresh neat cuts on his arms. Then again this could be because Natruo took control of his body again and forced him to do it to himself.... nope, unlikely.

I held up a gloved hand to my shadowed face, and inspected it, looking at the design of the silver dragon on the back of it, and then turning to look at my palm. Taking it from the view of my face, I lifted it high above my head, until elbow was only slightly bent and looked down at my target. Lifting my hand slightly, I brought it down with deadly force and without hesitation towards his temple where the weakest part of his skull resided. Things seemed to slow down to me, and I remembered what I was about to do, and why I was dong it, for my own survival. I tried to remember what I knew about this kid... not much of course... first when he stepped onto the heli, possessed by Natruo, and falling asleep after he was released, and then at the elevators where he "flirted" with Nokoto.

"Poor little bastard" I thought as my fingers easily crushed through the weakened part of his skull which became like daggers, each piercing the brain with their sharp points. He was dead before I pulled my hand up, and returned it to my side, yet he hadn't moved at all not like he had the chance...Turning to go, I surveyed his face for the last time, seeing the damage that I had done, which was not really going to ever be seen, as it was all internal. No one would notice anything wrong with the kid... except when he didn't wake up next morning. I walked down the hallway slowly with my face still shadowed and into the elevator, pressing the button for my floor, and leaning against the wall of the elevator.

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years

I gazed at Ryuu with my signature, emotionless look, as he swung back the bottle. When he slammed it back down, he'd already drunk half of it. Even I wouldn't have to stomach to swing that much alchohol in me in one go. Were men just built to consume? Hm. When he extended the glass out to me, I took it silently and just watched the liquid sway around inside. It was pretty, actually. That shimmering liquid that sent that buzz into your skull. That buzz was very helpful for Bern. No matter how much she drank. No matter how strong it was... She would never get drunk. But it wasn't like she was trying to. It was all for the buzz. That buzz kept her sane.

A faint smile appeared on my lips, as I turned my attention back to Ryuu. It was a ghostly smile. Very, very small. Seen, but not comprehended. That was the kind of smile I was capable of. I took a long sip of my beverage, until the buzz returned back to my head. The buzz was really distracting and annoying. Like a mosquito... Out of reach, yet still buzzing into your ear. Just like a mosquito, the buzz was just a low hum inside my thoughts. But, it was very useful. This distracted me from the more important things. Like the stabbing pain in my mouth. No, I did not bite my cheek. And no, I didn't drink acid. Even though the pain did not show emotionally or physically, it was there. So what was the cause of this horrific pain? My smile. Just the lightest, butterfly smile triggered every nerve in my mouth to catch on fire. When I first began experiencing this form of payment, it was annoying. I smiled less often. Hugged less often... But I came so unused to the pain, that it was nearly unbearable for a time. But I could handle it now. I wasn't Superhuman, after all. Well... Technecially I was, but... In any case. The alchohol withered down the pain considerably. Within a second, it was nothing more than an insignificant tingle.

"I found out something interesting today. Like anything else, Gods can bleed." The chuckle he emitted was peculiar. It sparked me to roll my attention to him. "It's funny. Once you take down their titles and flashy districts, they're just the same as demons: strong, for the most part, arrogant, but rightfully in the position they should be: on top."

I immediately had to disagree with that. Gods weren't rightfully on top... The compound word 'slave-driver' comes to mind just at the mention of a God. Well... It was understandable that Ryuu wouldn't give a rat's ass about politics and the way things ran. As long as he could fight and kill and do what he pleased, he was as happy as a hummingbird. However... What if he suddenly couldn't control everything he wanted? What if he somehow lost the ability to fight? What if...? That was an interesting theory. Ryuu without violence was like a rhyno without horns. What would that kind of Ryuu be like? Surely he would be enraged. Surely he'd just struggle more to kill whoever did that to him. However... Right now. That smile that wasn't mocking. That laugh that wasn't directed to me. Those hands kept to himself, instead of at my throat... Was this all he could handle, in terms of positivity? Was this the 'good' side of Ryuu? Was this the best it got?

I suddenly found myself amused. Over this whole thing. So what was the appropriate response for me? To laugh in my head. I definitely wasn't myself, because I lowered my head, and let out a few chuckles. Apocalypse, anyone? Possibly. The pain shot down my throat like heartburn, but it only made me shake my head slightly and clear my throat. No matter what, I would always be stronger than Ryuu. Not physically. Not with magic... But I could definitely beat him at emotional hurt. Being Ryuu, he had probably never experienced love before. Or having been loved. Lonely? Or ignorant? Take your pick.

I straightened myself, and with only the slight flicker of a smile on my lips, I spoke out to Ryuu.

"Ryuu, you're very interesting... Did you know that...?" I rotated my glass on the table. My fingers, tracing the smooth surface. "It is funny... Especially if you know how stupid their weaknesses are."

I pause. I look at whatever exposed skin on Ryuu I could find with my eyes. Bruises. Cuts. Right. I should comment on those.

"... I'm guessing you lost the fight against Natruo?... Strange." I speak the truth entirely. I rest my elbows on the table; my emerald pools glazing over his facial features. "Honestly... I thought you would win..." I lower my eyebrows in concentration. I already knew that Ryuu had failed his test with Natruo, but... It was still quite strange for me. I seriously thought Ryuu would win, and gain some sort of fulfilled pride. I rest my chin onto my pair of knuckles; still looking at him thoughtfully. "You're strong enough... I know you're smart, too... What happened, Ryuu? Did he use magic? His 'body infiltration' ability? That one is rather... Nasty. Makes you think your bones are broken, yet no pain."

He speaks to me. Rather bluntly, I might add. He made a big point in making it clear this wasn't an alliance he was offering up. His wording was amusing, and carefully thought out.

"OK, fine, how about we make a deal. I promise I won't go killing you first, and you do the same. This is not an alliance. This is basically saying that we won't f*ck with each other once the competition starts, until later. What do you say?"

"First...?" I ask, tilting my head. I've regained my emotionless look. "I suppose... I wouldn't mind not being first for once," Oh... I'm so funny.

"When will later be?" I pick my glass back up, and drink what is left of my wine. "So... I'm under no obligation to help you if... " I smile mischieviously. "If... you got yourself into a sticky situation...?"

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
There was something about saying those words to Bern that just didn't sound right coming from his mouth. Although he hadn't really said much, it felt like Ryuu was bargaining, and the Rhino really didn't like to bargain. In usual cases, it was either his way...or you're dead. But Ryuu convinced himself that this would be preferable...and it would still be his way. Bern spoke, and for now, Ryuu listened.

"... I'm guessing you lost the fight against Natruo?... Strange. Honestly... I thought you would win...You're strong enough... I know you're smart, too... What happened, Ryuu? Did he use magic? His 'body infiltration' ability? That one is rather... Nasty. Makes you think your bones are broken, yet no pain."

Ryuu was silent in response at first, not wishing to speak to her on the topic. It was personal, and Ryuu still didn't trust her, even as he proceeded to ask her about the deal. Her response was interesting.

"First...?" Bern asks, tilting her head to the side a bit. "I suppose... I wouldn't mind not being first for once. When will later be?" She asked, finishing her wine. "So... I'm under no obligation to help you if...If... you got yourself into a sticky situation...?" She said with a smile. Ryuu smiled as well, but this smile was his usual 'I'm going to hurt you an enjoy it' smile, not the one he had before out of general amusement.

Ryuu drank up the rest of the wine bottle, and slammed it down on the table, producing a noticeable crack.

"I don't get into sticky situations, Bern. I'm the f*ckin' Rhino. If something comes up, I'll find my own way out. I don't want any help from you, or anyone. I'll find my own way, or I wont. But I'd rather die painfully than accept physical help from someone!" He said, his voice picking up momentum, almost at a yell by the end of the sentence. He then seemed to calm himself, and return to an earlier statement that Bern said.

"And as for the fight against Natruo, I'll have to say, you are wrong. There is no doubt in my mind that there are many ways to be a winner, but there is really only one way to be a loser, and that is to fail and not look beyond the failure." He said, looking at her, and wondering if she understood.

"I didn't go into the fight thinking there was only two options: to win or to lose. In reality, those never were among the options. Instead, it was to fail or to learn. Whatever would be the result of the fight, I knew I was a newcomer to this challenge, a newcomer to a district I have never been at before, a place I have never interacted. Needless to say, the best way to interact is to schedule a meaningless fight, thereby showing two essentials: to the other fighters, that I am a no-nonsense killing brute with complete disregard for the simplest etiquette and standards, and to myself, that I will have learned what I should have from the engagement and applied it to my pla-" Ryuu stopped himself dead right there.

He had just realized he had done something completely stupid on his part. He rambled on. It was something he knew he should have done, and yet did. If one person didn't know then, they might have guessed now. The facade of the relentless brute was a simple masquerade for the true killing genius of Ryuu, and Ryuu almost gave it away by saying too much, talking, so to say, with too many big words and prolonged sentences.

"Never f*cking mind. WAITER! MORE DAMN WINE!" He screamed, waving around the empty bottle in his hands. He decided to change topic drastically, back to the other question of Bern

"Oh, and as for when later will be...I'm thinking when there will be only a few more battlers left. Then I'll probably come after you. Of course, I'm not gonna tell you when, because I don't know myself. But you'll know. I'll be sure to scream that it'll be your death time. HAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years

"I don't get into sticky situations, Bern. I'm the f*ckin' Rhino. If something comes up, I'll find my own way out. I don't want any help from you, or anyone. I'll find my own way, or I wont. But I'd rather die painfully than accept physical help from someone!"

Ah, good old Ryuu. How I've missed you so. My eyes seem to shiny as I looked him over. 'Oh, but you will... And you'll be pissed to realize you'll be dead within twenty-four hours in the arena. With the wave of my finger, I could set your body aflame. I could crush the water inside you to make your organs mush. The ground to cave underneath you. Air stucked out of your lungs. A knife to jab your heart. Light magic to destroy your insanity. Void magic to make your body a walking corpse... What will it be?'

"Yes, I do realize you are the f*cking rhyno," I say, matter-of-factly. The swear comes out like any other day-to-day word. "Either way, if you go by that...." I gaze down at the new tattoo which has formed on my hand. A wing. "Even with us not messing with eachother, you'll be dead within twenty hours. I can tell you that right now. You are in it for physical fights where you can see your opponent and do massive damage. It doesn't work that way, Ryuu. You won't be seeing the traps laid out. You won't realize the mine underneath you. Boom."

It occurs to me that he is smart, yet a complete idiot.

"And as for the fight against Natruo, I'll have to say, you are wrong. There is no doubt in my mind that there are many ways to be a winner, but there is really only one way to be a loser, and that is to fail and not look beyond the failure."

Okay. Never mind. My eyes soften their gaze. "I agree with that, Ryuu." It erked me that he didn't realize I had just complimented him. I didn't normally compliment. Perhaps I had been too vague? Oh whatever.

"I didn't go into the fight thinking there was only two options: to win or to lose. In reality, those never were among the options. Instead, it was to fail or to learn. Whatever would be the result of the fight, I knew I was a newcomer to this challenge, a newcomer to a district I have never been at before, a place I have never interacted. Needless to say, the best way to interact is to schedule a meaningless fight, thereby showing two essentials: to the other fighters, that I am a no-nonsense killing brute with complete disregard for the simplest etiquette and standards, and to myself, that I will have learned what I should have from the engagement and applied it to my pla-"

'Plan,' I finish for him inside my head. I know he knows he said too much. He wasn't acting like a rhyno right now. Planning? Not a rhyno. "Don't even bother covering up, Ryuu... I already knew before this conversation that you plan. You may not have realized it at the time, but you made a mistake in the helicopter that only I noticed. However, make no mistake. I am not the tattling type, and I will not tell of this conversation or that you're actually smart. If I somehow do, feel free to think of it as an invitation for you to hit me."

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
(OOC: omg i'm going crazy i HAVE to write a post. I haven't RP'd in DAYS. i'm sorry if this is unethical or unrealistic but omg i need to lol)

Kerin blearily sat up, his hand moving to his throat immediately to scratch it. Goddammit, his thirst was almost unbearable. He had hoped he would last through the night and just get something for breakfast but that didn't seem like the case. If he didn't get something now, he would probably suck on his own arm or worse, on somebody else's. His eyes drifted over to the sleeping Marisa on his shoulder. He did not want to hurt her or anyone else for that matter. He could only imagine what would happen if he skipped breakfast or something; if a single drop of blood was dropped, he would probably either need to leave the room (and run for at least a mile) immediately or he would proceed to licking up what was left of the person. It wasn't a good though and Kerin never liked to think about what he was, but it was a grim truth that he would have to accept one day. One day.

He slowly shifted Marisa off his chest, placing her head comfortably on the pillow. She was sleeping so soundly, waking her up would be stupid. She needed to sleep so she could be rested for tomorrow. What about Kerin? He knew that he wouldn't be capable of learning much. Magic had not come to him in the 3 years it should have and he knew how to wield a gun or whatever. Pull the trigger? Swords and such would be no use to him when he could just use his fists. He was strong, Kerin was confident he could probably break a gun into pieces if he wanted. He could break a person if he wanted. Though, that wasn't something he was about to try.

He tip toed outside thought the dark, feeling around a little and trying to find his way to the door. He eventually got there, stubbing his toes silently on a few innocent tables. There was a light on outside so finding the elevator was definitely not as hard as maneuvering through a dark room. Still groggy, he punched the button next to his name. The elevator moved fast and soon, he was outside his own floor, one of which he had not stepped foot in. He changed that as he walked through, turned on the lights way down low and wandered through his floor, finding some things he needed.

First off; clean clothes. He stripped out of his dirty clothes and searched around for some similar substitutes; a singlet top, a pair of tracksuit pants, fresh socks and fresh underwear. Something comfortable to sleep in. After he had lazily thrown it all on, he dragged himself back to the elevator, using his tongue to scratch the back of his throat. Nrgh, it was getting extremely uncomfortable. He punched another button, not even sure where and away the elevator went.

He stepped out of the elevator and it wasn't until he had walked a good three meters that he realised this was the wrong floor. This was the place they had been when they came, a foyer of somesort. He turned around and four elevators stared back at him. Oh boy. One to each district's tower, right? He was far too tired and far too thirsty to logically pick the one that he had come out of (he couldn't remember anyway) so he just chose one at random. He rubbed his eyes and leaned in closer to the buttons, trying to read them. That one said... kitchen, right? Food? Dining? By the time he had pressed the button, he realised that the buttons above those, the ones with the names and the player floors, none of them said Kerin. Crap, he picked the wrong elevator. Oh well, surely everyone had gone to sleep and the dining room was empty.

And nope. As soon as the elevator opened, his eyes snapped to Bernkastel and Ryuu, who seemed to be in conversation (like Kerin could hear or really cared what they were talking about). Great. This was the demon floor. And not only that, Kerin was standing there in pyjamas. As he inhaled though, that's when he truly regretted stopping at the floor. He could smell it; remnants of blood from meat. It smelled so good, it really did. And it was everywhere. He let out a moan and moved his hand to cover his mouth and nose but it was no use. His thirst was disgustingly unbearable. He clenched his teeth together, avoiding his own skin. Though his own blood really did nothing for him, he would probably suck himself dry like a crazy person. He was at a kitchen though, which had been his overall objection. It might not be the right one, but moving himself back to the vampire district's kitchen seemed too far of a journey, despite how fast the elevators moved. He strode over to the kitchens, trying to avoid disrupting the two demons' conversation and quickly found a servant.

"A really, really, really rare steak. Raw. Please," Kerin coughed out, his nose catching the whiffs of the kitchen. Ugh, the meat, he could smell it from a mile away. "Quickly, please!" The servant moved at lightning speed and returned with a lump of bloody meat. Kerin didn't even thank the guy but nodded and held his breath as he moved back to the elevator, away from the demons. He sat next to the elevator doors, released his hand from his nose and almost shoved the whole steak in his mouth and sucked. Oh... oh god. The effect was almost instantaneous. His thirst was instantly subdued, but it didn't stop him from sucking the steak dry. And taking another from the servant who had taken the initiative of bringing him another two. He sucked on the second one just as fast, like how a child sucks the orange juice from and orange, leaving the inside pulp intact. The servant brought him another two as he started to suck on the third.

"That'll be enough, thanks," Kerin said with a mouthful of steak. True, he felt a little embarrassed. Sitting on the ground in dingy clothes, sucking on steaks. Like he was a homeless guy who had severe allergies or something. Whatever. As long as it would keep him from making a terrible mistake, he didn't really care.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 29, 2012
"A-ah... O-okay...".

Shizuka grew excited but made sure to hold back his emotion, he needed to appear confident in everything he did from this point on, he knew he was a skilled fighter and would be able to hold his own against everyone in the competition. His odds of winning weren't as clear in his mind though, that was the only reason he was silently afraid. But Amelia is a smart girl who says she is weak and has done nothing but provide evidence to support so, but deep down he felt she was lying; she wasn't as frail as she was letting people on to believe. He was quite sure he had her pegged so that's why he pushed as much as he did.

"I-if she isn't in h-her room, w-we'll wait there u-until she returns," Amelia interrupted suddenly. Good now she was becoming more and more interested in the idea of seeing Bern. If she was still as frightened as she claimed to be in the sound of her voice, she wouldn't have made the suggestion of remaining in Bernkastel's room if she wasn't there. Amelia stood and begun motioning towards the elevators to begin our mission to seek out the demon witch, Shizuka grabbed one last grape and plopped it into his mouth and then followed his companion. The elevator ride down was silent, neither of them making really any noises with the exception of breathing; the elevator itself didn't even have that tacky music everyone despises listening too anymore. The elevator came to a stop and the doors opened to a rush of air that smelled of mass amounts of gore and bloodshed came crashing in; Shizuka was caught off guard and then his eyes caught up with his nose and he saw the scene before him. The room before them was the aftermath of a battle scene with broken walls and furniture, blood splatters and puddles everywhere, as well as one person at the far end of the room mopping up a small lake of blood. Lucky for them it was Natruo.

Oh great. Just what we need. Almighty God jerk who was already giving Amelia a hard time. And lets not forget to mention how he kicked my ass by grazing me. Yes! Best Day Ever.

As Shizuka thought to himself, every thought dripped in sarcasm about seeing the god. He remembered quite clearly the before hand and aftermath of their last encounter on the helicopter. Amelia tensed up herself but slowly began moving forward and motioning sliently to move as quick as possible. The closer they got the more distressed Amelia appeared to be, Shizuka just watched for any movement so he could retaliate if needed. Suddenly Amelia slipped on some blood, but before Shizuka could react Natruo already had his arm around her and stopping her mid fall. His attention had not turned away from his prior mopping, that was until he turned his gaze to Amelia and stared her directly in the eyes. Amelia suddenly jolted out of the gods arms and she flew into the elevator, Shizuka didn't hesitate and just rushed passed Natruo himself; Amelia slammed her finger on the button to our destination until the doors finally closed.

"Th-that isn't Natruo... Natruo didn't f-fight Ryuu." Shizuka raised an eyebrow of confusion at her sudden statement. "R-ryuu f-fought Lucifier, I th-think," she followed with. "And what exactly does that mean" Shizuka asked puzzled. Whatever it did mean they would have to bring it up with Bernkastel because he was still focused on getting more information out of her. He knew he had claim to seeing her when he wanted, she did 'take notice of him' as she as said.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
"Yes, I do realize you are the f*cking rhyno, Either way, if you go by that...." I gaze down at the new tattoo which has formed on my hand. A wing. "Even with us not messing with eachother, you'll be dead within twenty hours. I can tell you that right now. You are in it for physical fights where you can see your opponent and do massive damage. It doesn't work that way, Ryuu. You won't be seeing the traps laid out. You won't realize the mine underneath you. Boom."

As Ryuu continued to speak, Bern finished up his last sentence for him.

"Plan. Don't even bother covering up, Ryuu... I already knew before this conversation that you plan. You may not have realized it at the time, but you made a mistake in the helicopter that only I noticed. However, make no mistake. I am not the tattling type, and I will not tell of this conversation or that you're actually smart. If I somehow do, feel free to think of it as an invitation for you to hit me."

Ryuu casually accepted everything that Bern had said. She was absolutely right. If Ryuu had learned anything from his conversation and battle with Natruo, it was that physical strength wouldn't be enough to win. Of course, he wouldn't say so out loud. He had too much pride for that. Besides, he figured it was better that Bern assumed Ryuu wouldn't care, and wouldn't take her advice, when in reality, he understood. He had already planned a particularly effective long-range weapon he would be using, and had some kind of way to defeat most of the others, should he run into them again, probably even Bern. But there was another reason he had agreed to this deal of 'non-aggression'. It was because he wasn't sure if it was full-proof yet. He had to observe some...irregularities first, and once they had added up, then he'd kill her. For now, and probably a good way into the Reaping, he would settle with the deal.

But Ryuu's stopping of his conversation wasn't because he didn't want to know that he planned. Every fighter did, even one who charged, whether to the extreme, or not. What he did want to stop himself from saying is that he planned well. Still, he felt he should respond to her last statement.

"If you tell anyone ANYTHING that you think you know, I'm not going to hit you, Bernkastel. I'm going to kill you."

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years

"If you tell anyone ANYTHING that you think you know, I'm not going to hit you, Bernkastel. I'm going to kill you."

Laughable. First word that came to mind after hearing that statement. Neither of us really payed any attention to Kerin, as he ordered some bloody meat. He was gone quickly, so that was good enough. Had he stayed, I would have been forced to be harsh with him. 'Just don't come back in here,' I thought to myself. I focused back on Ryuu.

"Ryuu, I do not spread things I think." Which was very true. I didn't talk about people behind their backs. I didn't spread lies that would get me into situations. And I certainly didn't make assumptions on a person, and then tell another. "You won't even hear me utter your name... Oh, and it's difficult to kill someone whose already dead. Didn't I already say this at one point...?" My eyes flashed red momentarily.

'Miss Bernkastel... Two angels just boarded the elevator,' Came the low voice inside my head. Ah. Lucifier. I closed my eyes for a moment, and took a sip of the remaining alchohol. 'Allow them entry. I am finishing up.' I answered back. Right then... I better do that. Two angels... Probably Amelia and Shizu. Hm. Seemed that I didn't get much rest in terms of talking with people. This must have been what it felt like for popular people at school. Good thing she never had to deal with that. It was hard enough going around the city in the demon district without being mobbed. Some wanting to fight. Some fans. Some angry. Some happy. The latter. I opened my eyes, and stood up from the table.

"In any case, a deal is a deal. Ceasefire until nessesary. My silence about you... I will take my leave, now. I have things to do." Politely, I set my dirty dishes into a neat pile, tucked my chair back in, and nodded.

"The person you killed on the helicopter is still alive," I commented at random. Before he could react, I swiftly moved on my feet, grabbed the back of Kerin's collar, and literally carried him up the stairs to the entertainment room. He had a sickening, bloody smell to him thanks to the steaks he was still sucking on. Calmly, I watched the lights above the elevator stop at my floor, before beginning it's descend back down. The angels were now in her room.

"Swift, Kerin." I pushed him into the elevator, and pressed the ground-level button. The second we were stopped, I shoved him out and jammed my floor. "Please be more careful," I warned, before the doors closed again. Thank God Ryuu didn't attack him... Poor vampire...

Within seconds, I had stopped at my floor. I left the elevator, but I didn't enter my room right away. Instead, I hesitated. I would have to watch myself. No contact with Amelia. Alliances weren't a problem for me. Alliances just meant they couldn't hurt me, and I couldn't hurt them. It didn't mean that say, Kerin couldn't attack Xavier or something. So really... If it came out like last year...

Putting on the most bored expression in history, I entered my room.

(OOC: Bern's mind: A² + B² = C²)

I watched silently, as Raike raised his hand, and plunged into the boy's temple. He was dead before you could say his name. He didn't even flinch. He just continued laying there as if nothing had happened. But I noticed the difference. The rise and fall of his chest eruptly stopped. Strangely enough, I felt a small amount of pity for Fausto. No idea why, I just did. Within seconds, the color of his skin changed dramatically. Pale. Atleast Raike made it virtually painless...

I kept myself in the dagger form, until we were back in the elevator. Only then, did I change back to my humanoid form. I leaned against Raike's shoulder. It was weird how emotionless he was about it. He killed somebody, and he waltzed away like he just came out of a serious lecture. I decided to tease him.

"Aw~ Raike is so cute when he's an assassin~" I chirped, mocking Alice. "Is it bad if I imagined you brutally slaughtering him?" I laughed. The elevator stopped at his floor, and the two of us made our way inside. I didn't take much notice of the surroundings, and instead plopped down on his bed. It was rather soft, and her butt immediately sank in.

"The contract will be in full effect after you sleep. You hungry?" I didn't wait for a response. With the snap of my fingers, a huge plate appeared on my lap with our supper. A huge pizza with lots of melted cheese and pepperoni. It smelt delicious~! Yes. Demon servants actually ate normal food. Well... We could taste it and stuff, but it went right through us. We didn't need food or water to live. We were immortal all the way. Gingerly, I pulled out a piece from the circle, and began eating. I held out the plate for Raike.

"I'll be teaching you how to use my powers after the group training. Because you need to learn how to control them. Manifestation is dangerous. And in order to make those wings of yours, you'll need more than just power. You'll need knowledge and experience. Unless you wanna dress up as some extra crispy bacon!"

(To Be Editted)

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
"Mmph?" Was all Kerin could muster with a steak in his mouth when Bernkastel pulled him by the collar (or edge of shirt? He was wearing a singlet afterall) and up the stairs. He hadn't even started his fifth steak, though luckily it was in his hand when she grabbed him. He couldn't stop it from dripping all over the floor though. She shoved him in the elevator, joined him and pushed the ground floor, almost dumping off when it arrived.

"Please be more careful," she said before the doors closed again, leaving Kerin alone. The steak still in his mouth, he stood there for a little bit. Careful of what? Ryuu? Why? It wasn't like... well, he probably would attack Kerin, with a temper like Ryuu's. Kerin wasn't worried though. With blood in his system, it wouldn't have been hard to dodge the Rhino's attacks and come with a counterattack at least. At least Bern was nice enough to care about him. He appreciated that.

Finishing off the steak in his mouth, he got started on the last one. Now that his sense weren't quite so dulled thanks to the lack of blood, Kerin could really taste how bad the steaks were compared to other things. True, these were top quality, but nothing beat fresh meat. He could taste the age in the steaks and taste the animal. He needed this though, and would have to grin and bare it.

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
Years
-I didn't pay much attention to the teasing comment she had made inside of the elevator. Frankly I wasn't mad at myself for what I had just done, but I preferred to just not think about it, and it was already in the back of my mind. They say that when you kill someone, it only gets easier to do it, which I guessed would benefit me in the arena by a long shot, and I wouldn't be the idiot who stands there with the hand on his sword shaking as if he were scared out of his wits, while the enemy on the ground was busy pulling out a dagger. When the doors opened to my room, I didn't smile, but inside I was pleased; the wallpaper looked like the rising and falling of the bars in the tiny screen on a boombox. My bed was pretty cool too, having a red bedding and a black comforter with black pillows, it kinda looked like draculas bed... or coffin... or whatever he would sleep in.

The demon girl was on my bed before I could sit down, but I didn't care much because I was tired, and covered myself on the opposite side of the bed, ignoring her little plate of pizza. I wasn't exactly in the mood for her jokes and teasing.-

"I'm already full" I said, already falling into the world of dreams as my head sunk into my pillow, muffling my voice. "and have my own type of magic too, watch." I said as I held up my fingers and snapped them, causing the lights in the room to automatically shut off, bathing the room in darkness. I guessed I would go to the regular training session anyway, just so I wouldn't raise any suspicion and no one would come to check up on me, if they cared. I also hoped no one was too hungry at breakfast, because I was going to devour all the food they had in that place.-

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years

I was mute. That's what came to mind when my mouth opened up, and no voice could be heard from my throat. I kept my back flat against the elevator wall. I felt us moving upwards through the shaft... To me, even though this was the fastest elevator I had ever been on, it wasn't fast enough. I needed to get to Bern's room. I needed to lengthen the distance between Lucifier and myself. To dim the shock of what I saw in relation to him. Thise gruesome images... My knees buckled, and I sat down in astonishment. My entire body shivered in some sort of dance. Everything I touched felt cold to the bone. Freezing. The center of my stomach tightened as if I had just been stabbed in the gut. That's the feeling I got.A sharp pain that shook through my spine. I was still alive, wasn't I? That had been possibly the worst experience I've had with my Sense Feeling ability. It was like I had jumped inside of him. The cold I had once welcomed was a biter enemy. All peace and kindness slipped through my grasp, and was replaced with a horrible feeling of murder and evil. Senseless destruction. When Shizuka spoke to me, I immediately scrambled to stand. Looking at his face, my skin crawled into a tone of white. That brief second I felt a pang of dread. I had suddenly wanted to hurt him. What was wrong wiith me?! I would never... I would never do that to anyone! My eyes drifted up to the ceiling, and that was when I knew how to explain this rush of experience. Lucifier didn't just destroy buildings and land. He brought destruction to people as well. This sensation had been like someone had flipped me inside out. a mirror image of me. A person whose goal was to hurt others. To kill without reason.

"Hah..." I closed my eyes before I could shed tears. I needed to answer Shizuka. I needed to prove that I could handle a simple touch from someone. If I couldn't do that, I was absolutely useless to him. I took an unsteady breath, and looked up at him to answer.

I couldn't do it. I stared at him for a moment; my words caught on my tongue, and unwilling to break free. I was terrified. Ryuu, Bernkastel, Natruo, and even Shizu... They all scared me to death. They could all kill me.

I found myself wrapping my arms around Shizuka. What was I doing? Well... He was the only person who had been nice to me. He tried to protect me on the helicopter... And he told me we were allies. I didn't care if his wings were black, white, or multi-colored. I didn't care if he was handsome or ugly. If he treated me well... I would too. I nestled my head to lay against his shoulder. I was such a wimp... Crying on the shoulder of a person I had only met today... And he probably didn't understand how horrified I was. He probably thought I was delusional. I didn't make any sound as I cried. Tears rolled down my cheeks, and landed onto him. This was so embarrassing... I wished that Bern had also been her. I would have rather cried on her shoulder. Because, atleast I had met her before, and she was a girl. She would understand, right? She wouldn't judge me. More or less, she would go stiff. Emotionless and silent as always. I was so weak compared to everyone else. I was clumsy and useless. Sure, I knew a few secrets, but once I told them, there would be nothing to stop anyone from killing me.

"I-I'm sorry," I managed to sniffle out. My voice cracked as I hesitantly slid away. God... It was going to be so much more awkward between us. Thanks to me. "It m-means that r-rest of her servants a-are around... I s-saw someone k-kill Fausto." Finally I answered him. Fausto was dead, and his death was linked to Lucifier and/or the servants. I couldn't see who had done it, though.

And with one sentence, I summed up what 95% of the participants wanted.

"I want to go home..."

I clicked my tongue against the top of my mouth, and allowed the manifested pizza to disintergrate into nothingness. There was no point. He was just human, after all. And today HAD been rather tiring. Fate sealed to participate in a fight to the death. Deal with Ryuu. Eavesdrop on Bernkastel and Xavier. Train in the Underworld. And the kicker; killed a cutter. Although, he was pretty cool to not be insane by this point.

"Alright, suit yourself..." I hopped off the bed and stretched out my muscles. It was gonna be a long night... Carefully, I slid myself underneath the blankets with a blank expression. I made sure to stay on the opposite end so I didn't touch him. Icckk. If he asked, I'd just say that I needed to be close to you for the contract to be sealed. Which, was technecially true. I made myself as comfortable as a demon with wings could get, and closed my eyes. I wouldn't be sleeping, though. I would be concentrating on the contract all night. And man was I gonna be grumpy when he woke up.

"Good night,"

Chapter 3 - Shiro (Daxity) - Vampire District

"....."

Her body laid against the door-frame like some sort of doll. Her eyes, gazing up at the clear night sky. The view was beautiful from here... A crown of sparkling light across the horizon like a drape. The God's District. Would she be able to go there? Probably not. She would be stuck in the Victors District because of her... Stability.

(To Be Editted OTL)

Last edited:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Ryuu ignored the comment about her being dead. He didn't understand, and really didn't want to understand. But he never forgot when she said that. It didn't make sense, but something told him he would figure it out eventually.

"In any case, a deal is a deal. Ceasefire until nessesary. My silence about you... I will take my leave, now. I have things to do." Ryuu remained seating as she got up and left. Ryuu quickly went on to finish his steaks. Bernkastel made one final remark before she left.

"The person you killed on the helicopter is still alive," Ryuu looked at her as she departed, then smiled as he spoke out loud, partially to himself, and partially to her as she departed.

"I dunno, are you sure he's not dead either, or is that just you?" He said, in his voice can be told that he was partially mocking her. Ryuu turned back around and finished eating.

When he was done, he got up, flipped the table over, and threw it outside, just for the heck of it. He smiled, pleased as he heard the table crash onto the ground below. He left without another word, taking the empty bottle of wine with him, and went straight to his room. He was tired, and wanted some sleep.

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years
Chapter 3.5 - Marisa Ryunatta - Vampire District

"......!!"

THUD.

I laid there for a moment; eyes wide and half-awake. What...? Where? The first thing that came to mind when I realized I was on the floor, was that I had just woken up from the usual nightmare at the orphanage, and my roommate kicked me off the bed. Slowly, I rolled onto my back, and sat up stiffly. I could already hear the insults she was going to say about me. How clumsy I was, and all that. Instead, it never came. Blinking, I looked around in confusion. Ah... Right. No roommate. No orphanage... My golden eyes gazed upon the empty bed, and everything hit my gut. Which place was worse.... Here, or there? Surely, here.

Where I was being prepared to die in an arena.

But something was wrong. That was what the back of my mind kept telling me. My eyes couldn't rip away from the bed, until I could remember. That's... It. I was supposed to have a roommate. A kind roommate who would never push me off the bed. Who would never hurt me. My eyes softened, as I felt my hands over the blankets.

"Not here..." I whimpered. In a panic, my head whipped around the full dimension of the room. Not here. Not here. He wasn't here...! I scrambled to the closet and peeled clothing off of me. I didn't even bother to undo buttons or anything. I heard the pajamas rip, but I didn't become more gentle. I didn't own the clothing, and they wouldn't mind. Within two minutes, I was in a long summer dress with little flower imprints at the base. I grabbed my roommate's parka from where I had left it the previous night, and stumbled out of my room.

'Maybe he's in the dining room,' I told myself. Where else would he be? Once inside the elevator, I stabbed the button with my little finger. I was panicking. Where was he? Where had he gone?" A choked voice came from my throat. What if something happened to him, that I didn't see? Had he been kidnapped? Was he fighting someone? Was he... Dead? When the elevator doors began to open again, I squeezed myself through; not even bothering to wait a second for them to open fully.

The room had changed significantly from last night. Light, warm colors. A table was set off to the side, with what appeared to be our breakfast. Fresh, too. Different types of fruits were in a huge glass bowl. Oranges and apples and bananas... Some I couldn't even recognize, but looked delicious anyhow. Several plates were dedicated to pancakes and waffles. Huge stacks of perfect pancakes, with maple syrup jars beside. There was more. Omelettes of every type of ingredient. Scrambled eggs. Bacon! It was enough to make even Bernkastel's mouth water. Freshly squeezed fruit juice was at the end. Orange and peach and lemonade... It was all so overwhelming. Quickly, I gathered up a plate, two pairs of utensils, and dished up two of everything. I drank down some orange juice, and hurried back into the elevator. He hadn't been there, either. He wouldn't be in Fang's room. Definitely not Shiro's.... The training center! I repeated the process of attacking the 'floor 1' button with my finger.

'Please be there and okay...!' That thought spammed my mind until I felt dizzy.

When the elevator doors opened again, I was in shock. It was like the world as I had known it, had changed overnight. Everything. The once boring, cement-ridden room was now a paradise. A true training center. To my left, over on the space between two elevators, was a forest-like space. Real trees had grown out. Grass covering that section as though it was a natural occurance. Bushes and flowers and bird noises. Up ahead, were three tables. Each, were filled with weapons. Weapons that were obviously swords and knives and bows. Some I couldn't seem to comprehend. Just beside that, was a shooting gallery, complete with dummies. That entire section had a shimmering barrier around it. Well... I guess they didn't want anyone fooling with sharp objects beforehand. All across the room were more and more stations. Plants and camoflauge and physical combat. Rope tying and swimming lessons. And according to a sign, there was flying manuver training outside on the roof.

My attention turned to the only other person in the room. A boy who was passed out at the camoflauge station. My heart jumped, and I immediately ran over there; being mindful not to spill breakfast. I set the plate off to the side, and sat him up. Ooof. He was heavy. I looked at his lips, which were smeared with a red liquid. And according to my nose, it was blood. Animal blood. I breathed out slowly. My hand reached for a napkin, and I wiped it away. I propped his back against the nearest wall, and I shook him gently.

"K-kerin-onii-sama...! Wake up..! Breakfast!"

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
Akira Tsukuda - Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell

They came for Akira sometime in the early hours of the evening while his parents were still out and he was sprawled out on his bed. He heard the knocks on the door from the far reaches of his sleep but chose to ignore them, waiting for the strangers to leave.

They didn't.

Bleary eyed and disorientated they dragged him from the comforts of his bed and out the door; lucky for him Akira had slept in his clothes. As soon as the evening rain splattered in his face, Akira became fully conscious and aware of what was happening.

He had been chosen.

Akira stood upright, his wings kept close against his back, as they transported him from his home to a waiting helicopter. At first thought, Akira believed that they were after him following an incident he was involved in several weeks ago, but as soon as he hopped into the helicopter and noticed the difference in clothes that the officials wore, he realised that he was about to take part in the Population Games. Akira focussed upon the ragged city that flew by below him, wondering if he was the only one who would be brought fresh into the Population Games and whom had died before him.

"They must have been weak," he muttered to himself as the helicopter touched down at a building situated somewhere between the city and where the Population games were to be help. As far as he knew, it was only Day Two of the Population Games, people who had died this early, probably didn't deserve to have continued living at all. As soon as he exited, more like was pushed, out of the helicopter, it took off, leaving him alone on the launch pad, and open terrain surrounded the solitary building that stood tall.

Akira was to last to arrive, or so he thought. Four other contestants had already arrived ahead of him and unlike him, weren't soaked from the precipitation outside. To his amazement the building was more elegant inside than it was outside, seeming to him like they were trying to give the contestants a nice farewell before they died at the hands of another.

"So sadistic," he muttered again as he surveyed the surroundings and his competition. To one side a human female leaned against the wall, trying to look relaxed, Akira sized her up, something about her put Akira off; even though she was human, he would be reluctant to side with her. He saw two of what he guessed to be vampires cuddling each other, "how cute," he said under his voice. The female one said something about them winning the Population Games together making Akira chuckle a bit; they didn't look like they would last long. Akira quickly sized up his other competition before relaxing on a couch that sat up against the wall; protecting his back.

Akira paid no attention to the television, he was never the kind of person to watch mind numbing programs, and instead he decided to watch his competition; find out what he could about them. Real life was much more dramatic and interesting that anything television could offer.

Back