• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Go home poll you are drunk

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Right now, only staff can remove content from threads. I don't know if you're able to change the date when the poll closes by yourself (I'll go check for the sake of curiosity on my alt in a minute) but either way just PM a relevant staff member and they'll handle it for you. Although it's probably best the poll be closed than removed so that people can see for the sake of curiosity what was voted for.

edit: just tried it and I wasn't able to edit my own poll without being a moderator. So yeah, just send someone a PM I guess.

Last edited:

marcc5m

what
Years
Right now, only staff can remove content from threads. I don't know if you're able to change the date when the poll closes by yourself (I'll go check for the sake of curiosity on my alt in a minute) but either way just PM a relevant staff member and they'll handle it for you. Although it's probably best the poll be closed than removed so that people can see for the sake of curiosity what was voted for.

edit: just tried it and I wasn't able to edit my own poll without being a moderator. So yeah, just send someone a PM I guess.

I want the poll removed so I can make a new one so closed is not good
I plan on using polls a lot and it's a hassle for both me and staff this way, which is why it's easier if normal members can do it.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
It'd work in theory but people could edit votes to sway in a certain favour, and the fact that not even any of us can add extra poll options when it's posted. It'd be okay to change poll timeout/close the poll but otherwise deleting them would probably not be easy given it has to be done through modcp for us, and the fact that well, members can't delete their own threads, so :( I just feel like it could be abused if a poll isn't going their way so they'll just remove it completely if that was possible to do. I mean not necessarily in all cases, of course, but there's the risk of that happening so maybe there could be a safeguard there of like a backup of a poll saved, kind of like edited posts where it saves backups?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Audy had to individually code just the poll removal for moderators, so if we were to do this he would have to code it himself I would imagine. I wouldn't want the person to be able to edit the poll though, for vote fixing reasons, but poll removal I think would make sense.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
It'd work in theory but people could edit votes to sway in a certain favour, and the fact that not even any of us can add extra poll options when it's posted. It'd be okay to change poll timeout/close the poll but otherwise deleting them would probably not be easy given it has to be done through modcp for us, and the fact that well, members can't delete their own threads, so :( I just feel like it could be abused if a poll isn't going their way so they'll just remove it completely if that was possible to do. I mean not necessarily in all cases, of course, but there's the risk of that happening so maybe there could be a safeguard there of like a backup of a poll saved, kind of like edited posts where it saves backups?
Ummm... you know, sometimes I get the concern for potential abuse, but in the case of members removing their own polls, I really don't see why it would be a concern or why it should even matter?

The only forum that I would be concerned that there would be any abuse is in the battles forum for graphic design and pixel art challenges, and that can be avoided by having a staff member post up a poll for members to vote on who the think won the battle. Maybe a few polls relating directly to a forum, where the moderator would poll the active members that go there for one reason or another, but that'd be posted by the moderator. Other than that, when is there ever a poll that the results actually matter?

Polls are so insignificant in most cases that I really don't think the person who made the poll would go out of their way to make one result shine above the others by deleting their poll and remaking it again. That seems like it'll be more of a hassle for them, because then they'd have to get people to vote on it again and where is the benefit in that?

Besides, in most cases, people who post polls just want to easily see who favors what and are generally simply interested in the amount of people who prefer x to y and y to z and aren't really that invested in a particular outcome.

Back