• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen CoroCoro Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I think Gamefreak showed with 5th gen that the Battle Frontier itself isn't a staple of the series, but a competitive battling facility is. I personally hope to see something in the spirit of the Frontier, but which isn't a clone of the 3rd gen Frontier. Just because people didn't like the Subway much, doesn't mean they shouldn't keep experimenting.

I want to see a facility with the "face" of the new region. Just cloning the Frontier would be wrong IMO.
I think it'll be nice if they didn't copy it, I wished that HgSs would've had it's own unique facility oppose to copying Pt's.

I hope we get some news on the new features of the games next issue.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Back to Ninfia. Usually I wouldn't be much concerned about a new type, but it's quite telling that one of the first Pokémon announced was an eeveelution. Why would they do that? And why would they design something which has nothing to do with the current types? I don't think it looks like it can fly, and it doesn't look like a bug either. They seem to make a big deal about the typing, too, since they're not revealing it, whereas with Leafeon and Glaceon the typing was a given. I'm starting to believe it's a new type, but I don't know what it could be. I'm fairly sure it won't be a "Light" type. It might be translated this way, though.

Years
I find it interesting how they haven't revealed the types of any of the new pokemon beyond the starters which are obvious. I thought they were going to reveal the types of the Mascots yet they've been keeping it a secret with another secretive pokemon introduced...maybe it is a new type and all three share it.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
Back to Ninfia. Usually I wouldn't be much concerned about a new type, but it's quite telling that one of the first Pokémon announced was an eeveelution. Why would they do that? And why would they design something which has nothing to do with the current types? I don't think it looks like it can fly, and it doesn't look like a bug either. They seem to make a big deal about the typing, too, since they're not revealing it, whereas with Leafeon and Glaceon the typing was a given. I'm starting to believe it's a new type, but I don't know what it could be. I'm fairly sure it won't be a "Light" type. It might be translated this way, though.

If I remember right, Reshiram's and Zekrom's types weren't revealed when they were either, and that started the whole Zekrom = Dark type, Reshiram = Light type thing. I don't think we're getting a new type, probably ever. It was 1999 (I think) when we got new types last, this is 2013. I feel like we would have gotten a new type by now if there were plans to introduce more over time.

Years
That's if there are going to be remakes. :x Not to be joykill or anything like that, but given these games we have no idea whether or not R/S/E remakes would even be made.

Another thing I'm excited for are what new items are going to be introduced in these games~! n_n Even though it's for competitive reasons but items are interesting nonetheless!

Also, new types of Pokeballs would be nice. :3

Right, new pokeballs. I enjoyed the one's introduced in generation IV but was disappointed that generation V had none. Maybe the next issue could show case the new pokemon coming out of new pokeballs.
I do wonder how the animations will look when they come out...I don't beleive they showed them emerging in the trailer.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
Regarding Ninfia - for a combination of reasons, I think it's going to be Dragon type.

Why, you might ask, would they make a cute, pink dragon type with bows? To highlight the new friendship mechanic they hinted at. The pokemon's happiness is apparently going to have an effect beyond simply triggering evolution or establishing the base power of Return. And what better way to introduce that mechanic than with an Eeveelution (one of the most popular lines of pokemon in the games) that's a Dragon type (probably the overall most popular type)? I predict that it will not only be Dragon type, but will have just about the best possible Eevee stat spread, so it will potentially be a VERY effective battler, BUT... only if you love it and take care of it. And with that face, who could resist?

'course, I could be partly wrong, mostly wrong or entirely wrong, but that's what I'm thinking at the moment...

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
So, is Ninfia all we're getting for the week?

Seriously? No starter evolutions? No background on the legendaries? No new Pokémon? Just another Eeveelution?

Don't get me wrong, its a good piece of news, but not enough for me to chew for a few more months. When are we finally going to see the starter evolutions?? That's what I wanna know.

WarriorCat

Monotype lover!!!!!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
It seems like this is all we're getting this month.
Just like past games, they will give a little more info on the games every month in Corocoro, which the scans start coming during the middle of the month.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
For this week? I doubt we'll be getting more for a while. This is only the second round of info so far, and it's been a while, so there's nothing suggesting we're getting any more soon. Mind you we could very well get some more.

I don't even remember how they delt out info the the older generations lol It does seem wierd, the lack of info we have

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
You do realize that we could have had absolutely nothing in exchange for the Eevee Evolution. We don't have to have any news until we get closer to October. So even a little bit is nice.

PrimalDialgasaur

Primal Sauropod
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 2, 2014
This is extremely random, but after watching Pokemon Ranger:Temple of the Sea just
now, I realized, we have never had a dolphin Pokemon! And they are like the symbols of the sea. (Yeah we have had whales, turtles, sharks, and numerous fish, but no dolphins? What??) maybe they might make one for Gen 6? And coro coro scans are due on Friday, right?

(Edit) Yeah, Kyogre is an orca whale (which is the largest member of the dolphin family) but its not really a dolphin.

PrimalDialgasaur

Primal Sauropod
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 2, 2014
I did find it kind of strange that there are no dolphins made as of yet. u_u;; Hopefully one would be revealed within the next CoroCoro issue, maybe? Doubtful, but anything could happen, really.

Hopefully! Maybe it would be Psy/Water? (Dolphins being extremely smart and all.)

PrimalDialgasaur

Primal Sauropod
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 2, 2014
Would be kind of a good counterpart to Sharpedo, who's Dark/Water, but Sharpedo would kind of have an unfair edge here. :(

True... Maybe be able to learn solar beam or something? Idk. Dolphins usually daylight creatures, having to come up for air.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
but how in the world would a dolphin be able to use solarbeam, id be laughing so hardly if it could do so

or they could make it clamperl-evo-like - either evolve into a water/psychic or water/fighting, depending on your choice

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
If they make a Dolphin Pokemon I would finally be able to die happy or something. I've been wanting a Dolphin Pokemon for years now. One of my initial disappointments with the Fifth Gen after they showed all the Pokemon was that they didn't make a Dolphin. I do not want to be disappointed again.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

You do realize that we could have had absolutely nothing in exchange for the Eevee Evolution. We don't have to have any news until we get closer to October. So even a little bit is nice.

I agree with this. Although, I do find it odd that they just give us this, six Pokemon, no typing for any of them and only weight and height for Xerneas and Yveltal. I find that odd, but some information is better than none.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I wonder if they are against it because it could create controversy with the whole Japanese whale and dolphin killing thing. That's a pretty heavy topic right there. But we have Wailord, so I don't see why not. In my opinion though, a dolphin Pokemon would be hard to get right. I see it turning out looking very weird, but I'd embrace it if they got it right. On the Ninfia topic, I'm putting my money on it being flying. That looks a hell of a lot like Skyla and I could see it becoming her signature Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
i just want the typing, thats all i ask, didn't that show say we would get more news today?

What show? We only get News two major ways in Japan, during the Sunday Episodes of Pokemon Smash (Saturday afternoons for Americans) and on or around the 15th of every month when the Coro Coro Scans are released.

There aren't any other schedueled news releases other than this. Internationally we have to wait for one of these to align and watch Pokemon's Twitter/Pokemon.com to see if we get the international version of it. We still have 2 days to see if the Coro Coro leak is japanese exclusive (which is possible seeing as its more Movie related than game related with Ninfia headlining the Pikachu Short with Eevee.) If we don't get any info on Ninfia for English viewers by the 15th than its Japanese exclusive release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back