• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Least favorite anime?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Everyone has a least favorite anime. What are some of yours?

I have a couple that I definitely did not enjoy. But my least favorites are:

Himegoto for being incredibly transphobic.

Steel Angel Kurumi (the first series) I remember just being completely unenjoyable experience for me.

Pupa is one of the worst anime I've ever seen, but we all know how bad Pupa is. Don't make a horror anime if you're going to censor it so much to the point that it's more funny than scary.

Also, Rock Lee and His Ninja Pals is one of the worst parody anime I've ever seen, also. It would be much better if it were a series of shorts and not a full length 24 minute anime. Currently watching this anime right now and I can say for certain I don't like it. No anime that's in super deformed chibi format should ever be longer than 10 minutes.

& Deadman Wonderland's anime is the worst adaption, ever. Read the manga. Pretend the anime never happened. It's awful how much they cut out from this series. Same goes for second season of Promised Neverland. Hated it because of how they cut out key characters.

Other than that, no other series are my least favorite apart from these.

KOZSTAR

Diabolical
Years
I think I've seen my fair share of terrible anime. I agree with al of the ones you said, beside Rock Lee and His Ninja Pals as I haven't seen it yet (I haven't heard the best about it though).

But the worst anime I have ever seen is most likely Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc. And it pained me to say this, as the video games are amazing. But the animation? Absolute fan service. Everything you can think of has been watered down.

Very little character development. Sped up story, because each chapter had to be put into two half hour episodes each. Somehow worse English voice acting. Somehow the fourth trial became even more of a train wreck. Kiyotaka having a mental breakdown in the second trial is now even more painful to watch. What's not to love.

This anime also houses the absolute worst... Joke? I've ever heard.

Yasuhiro: "Sweet! Now I don't gotta be Hagakure the ghost hunter!"

Makoto: "Dude, have some respect for the dead!"

*sigh*. You'd need to watch the shit show to understand... All that, but point is, Danganronpa is an amazing video game that should've never gotten such a terrible anime.

Years
The moment those 12 year old kids in Shinsekai yori started kissing and being perverted is the moment I immediately dropped it, sucks because it's rated so well and I feel like I may have enjoyed that show if it didn't go there. But I found writing young children in that way pretty gross and as a result it's at the bottom of my list. :s

pkmin3033

Madoka. It relies solely on shock value to drive its non-existent narrative forward, and it becomes extremely tiresome and predictable after the third episode, so there is little value to those "shock" moments. The characters are all extremely unlikeable, one-note tropes with absolutely no depth or anything even remotely resembling character development, the art style is absolutely abhorrent, and it seems to rely solely upon its fanbase reading between the lines to the point of obscurity to have anything even remotely resembling a point. Madoka is a bad show. It also has the worst fandom imaginable and sparked a chain reaction of extremely bad "magical girl" anime that utilise the same tropes which completely miss the point of what a magical girl anime actually is.

Gundam Reconguista in G is way up there as well. That Reconguista is a Tomino show only makes it worse, because he also wrote the best of the Universal Century. How he could have come out with trash like that when he created a masterpiece like Zeta is beyond my ability to understand. It also has a disgusting art style that it shares with Eureka Seven, another waste of time with absolutely no redeeming qualities outside of a passable English dub.

Guilty Crown, Darling in the Franxx, and Nobunaga the Fool also earn my enmity for each being a colossal piece of poorly written trash wrapped up in very pretty animation.

Years
School Days. Absolutely horrifying. Psychologically debilitating. I can't even go into detail with this one, I just urge others to avoid it at all costs.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
School Days. Absolutely horrifying. Psychologically debilitating. I can't even go into detail with this one, I just urge others to avoid it at all costs.

Too late, already seen that one. While I thought a story about cheating was interesting, it's definitely a garbage anime. It deserves all the universal hate it receives.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Pokemon: Absolutely dreadful protagonist who they refuse to get rid of makes it impossible to watch even when they have decent secondary characters (Dawn, Serena)

Citrus: Yuri or not, this show is the poster child for abusive relationships that should make you feel sick.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Years
I have to go with Anime De Training XX. It's a short series that has nothing but basic workout instructions and blatant fanservice. There is absolutely no depth or character in any episode. The characters also talk to the camera as "you" for some reason.

Years
I haven't seen many anime, but I am going with Sakura Trick. It's a yuri anime and the first one (and only) I have ever watched. My problem with this anime is that I was expecting a much more deep interpretation and a better representation of many of the important themes that are present in this kind of anime. I know that these kinds of anime are pretty much chill, but they can still elaborate on some scenarios and on some themes. For example, Ore Monogatari is an anime I loved, because despite it may look like the story is pretty basic, many different situations are shown and many things happen. In this way even characters' psychology can be more easily understood and they also have a better development.

Years
  • Age 17
  • Seen Dec 24, 2023
Kakegurui. Probably the craziest anime I have ever seen.

Last edited:
Years
Elfen Lied is the epitome of "edgy for the sake of shock value." I definitely didn't like this one. An anime like that wouldn't fly today in 2022, either.

If someone recommended it to you you're legally obligated to injure them.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
I have a couple!

School Days has been called her several times already but I can't stress enough how absolutely horrible this anime is. The plot is one big trash bin set on fire and no one trying to extinguish it. The main character is easily the worst character written in the history of manga or anime and and- You get the point. It's also very hard to keep my personal opinion out of this one because frick cheating man... I get that was the whole and sole purpose of the show but MAN was it executed poorly. I wouldn't recommend this anime to anyone[/]. Don't watch this. 10/10 would burn this in a fire.

Another one is Brother's conflict the anime. I'm not going to even bother explain that one. Basically a girl gains 13 stepbrothers and they're ALL magically in love with her. The story is as poopie as the whole premise sounds.

I probably have a few more but those immediately jumped up into my head after reading the OP.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Darling in the Franxx... It had that initial mystery and intrigue: artificially created children are indoctrinated only for piloting the mechas to defend humanity. Humanity has abandoned the surface because of colossal size monsters that live on the surface. Main (boring) protagonist eventually gets paired with crazy wifu. Insert unnecessary love triangles. Don't think too hard about why the children must be in a specific (sexualized) position to operate the mechas.

Recently, Harem in the Labyrinth of Another World... It was my fault for clicking on this title expecting anything decent. The protagonist is sent to a fantasy world as a level 1 villager. He wakes up next to a legendary sword that has all kinds of overpowered skills like HP/MP absorption. He is later recommended to buy a slave from a slave trader. He murders bandits to collect their bounty money (because dungeon loot wasn't cutting it), collects $$$,$$$ in an episode, purchases the girl, and has the scene you'd expect if a 14 year old boy wrote this plot. I was that desperate to find a decent isekai.

Back