• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Editing Events in AdvanceMap (Noob tutorial)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
i have checked the connection adjustment and i am not sure on exactly how to use it but i have tried a few different things and its not working
EDIT ok i have figured it out, but i have another question.
how do i make it so that when i warp out of a building into a town i come out of that building and not another one?

The warp number should be the same in both warps, the house's inside and the building's.

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2008
To get pokemon offsets you have to find the map with the legendary pokemon on it like Regice for an example. Now add another person to the map you want regice to be on and change the sprite to regice. now take the scriptoffset from regice and add it to the new one, and viola!

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
Years
1. When I go to copy the cuttable tree data from another one on the road below Pewter City, the trees aren't there. The ROM was clean and had not been tampered with in anyway.

2. I tried to make an extra house in Pallet Town but in the game when I try to enter the house the screen goes black but the music is still playing. And yes I am 100% sure that the warps are set correctly.

3. I added more people to Pallet Town but I can't get them to say anything. I also can't find them in Advance Text. Am I supposed to copy another person from Pallet Town's script and then edit it in Advance Text?

4. How can I edit what Legendary Pokemon appears when I press A on it?

Hedgehogger

Learning ASM, but struggling
Years
1. When I go to copy the cuttable tree data from another one on the road below Pewter City, the trees aren't there. The ROM was clean and had not been tampered with in anyway.

2. I tried to make an extra house in Pallet Town but in the game when I try to enter the house the screen goes black but the music is still playing. And yes I am 100% sure that the warps are set correctly.

3. I added more people to Pallet Town but I can't get them to say anything. I also can't find them in Advance Text. Am I supposed to copy another person from Pallet Town's script and then edit it in Advance Text?

4. How can I edit what Legendary Pokemon appears when I press A on it?

1. You can't see the trees in Advance Map? Click on the button of the Trainer next to the "Insert Map" button to show the sprites, if that's what you mean.

2. I'm not sure about that one; the same thing happened to me when I used to hack LG. I think the Warp may work if you edit an already-existing map.

3. You have to make a script from scratch (See Christos' scripting tutorial) and compile it to the rom and change their offset in Advance Map.

4. Once again, you need to use a Wildbattle script for that. I posted a sample Wildbattle script in the Rom-Hacking Resource; you just have to edit the Celebi's byte to the one of the Pokemon you want to appear in the Wildbattle command.

redragon

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2007
Hi, I just want to know how to make your starter start in a different town.
Thanks

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2007
I want to make a cave in route 102 in ruby. I need to make a whole new map for the cave, and i have no clue how to do that. I know how to edit a map, but i dont know how i could add a whole new map into the game. I also would then need to make a warp from the cave entrance at route 102 so that it goes to the new map i want to create.

redragon

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2007
On advance map, click on the picture of a coner of a house, in the top left, kinda, and the one that says, NEW, and when you're done, click INS to put it somewhere.

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
Years
1. You can't see the trees in Advance Map? Click on the button of the Trainer next to the "Insert Map" button to show the sprites, if that's what you mean.

2. I'm not sure about that one; the same thing happened to me when I used to hack LG. I think the Warp may work if you edit an already-existing map.

3. You have to make a script from scratch (See Christos' scripting tutorial) and compile it to the rom and change their offset in Advance Map.

4. Once again, you need to use a Wildbattle script for that. I posted a sample Wildbattle script in the Rom-Hacking Resource; you just have to edit the Celebi's byte to the one of the Pokemon you want to appear in the Wildbattle command.

I can't thank you enough. You have been "Friended"! :D

But where is the tutorial?

Shade

Dark Knight
Years
  • Age 28
  • U.S.
  • Seen Jan 12, 2010
I need Help

Ummm. In Ruby I moved the main persons house and he walks in the exact same spot as he did before I edited the rom how can I change where he walks? Please help me out.:\

Morrissey

"Amor Fati" - Love your Fate
Years
POKEMON RUBY QUESTION

I have the same question as that chap, Shade...

Ummm. In Ruby I moved the main persons house and he walks in the exact same spot as he did before I edited the rom how can I change where he walks? Please help me out.:\

1. I'd like to know how to edit the entire script that occurs after the player exits the moving truck in the very beginning of the game. (i.e. the player's mother herding the player into the house, setting the clock, watching your father on television.)

2. How might one incorporate setting the clock directly after naming the main character. In the end I simply like the player to exit the truck and watch it drive away.

3. What programs will I need to even attempt this hack and where might I attain them? (I already have Elite Map, Starter Map, and Advance Map.)

(is there somewhere I should be asking this or finding out on my own? if so...link?)

I really appreciate all the help so far...I'm pretty much asking for someone to wipe ma' butt..I know, but without you all helping I'd be prancing about with RPGM2K3 still.

Hedgehogger

Learning ASM, but struggling
Years
I have the same question as that chap, Shade...

1. I'd like to know how to edit the entire script that occurs after the player exits the moving truck in the very beginning of the game. (i.e. the player's mother herding the player into the house, setting the clock, watching your father on television.)

2. How might one incorporate setting the clock directly after naming the main character. In the end I simply like the player to exit the truck and watch it drive away.

3. What programs will I need to even attempt this hack and where might I attain them? (I already have Elite Map, Starter Map, and Advance Map.)

(is there somewhere I should be asking this or finding out on my own? if so...link?)

I really appreciate all the help so far...I'm pretty much asking for someone to wipe ma' butt..I know, but without you all helping I'd be prancing about with RPGM2K3 still.

1. Well, you'd have to wipe all scripts (And potentially all people events involved) and re-write your own scripts in their place for what happens when you step out of the truck. I can't elaborate on how to go on from there because the rest is up to you, regarding Map Script placement.

2. I don't think anyone's able to edit the script so it brings that up after naming the player. I mean, even if you did find Birch's script offset and edit it up a bit somehow, I think that the rom still could crash or freeze for a number of reasons, if you could get lucky enough to access the data.

3. Well, if you want programs to successfully make a hack, I recommend looking at the "Any good programs?" (Or something like that) thread, in the Rom Hacking section. (I'd link it, but it wouldn't be too hard finding it.)

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2008
Game restarting problem

I have edited a hacked pokemon game "crystal shards" i created a small house at the bottom and linked it to an entire new area. i saved it and played it with my vba. whenever i go into that new place i created, the game restarts. why? plz u gotta help me, someone............... :(.................
also one more question..........
how to create a pokemon centre?

by the way,........how do you edit the words in signposts.....where its written as "oak's lab" or something.........how to do it with, am?

Last edited:

Pokemonking345

Poketopia master
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2008
help!

Can anyone plaz give me a step by step instruction on how to make warps that work? and can anyone post a link to a good script editor thing plz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back