• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Advertising your fic?

Years
The only place you can actually advertise your fan fiction is in your signature or if you really want your avatar or something. Anyway, don't worry about not getting reviews - you'll feel like nobody is reading your story and there's a good chance that nobody is, but if you keep at it people will eventually notice it there and somebody will read it. However, a way to make your chances of getting reviews better are to post more around the forums, particular the Writer's Lounge, because people will get to know your username and then will be more likely to read your story. You'll probably get a similar reply from other people too, this is generally what goes on from what I've gathered.

Years
Yeah I don't know why people don't leave reviews, but don't let it get you down. I haven't read your stuff but just because people aren't reviewing it doesn't mean you're bad at writing. I generally leave reviews on all stories that I finish reading, not all that I view. Like I might see something and read halfway through it and lose interest in which case I won't review, or I'll read the first two chapters and won't comment until I've read all of the ones that have been posted. But yeah, a good tip for advertising your fan fiction is to put a link to it in your signature. This could be just a text link like "My Fanfiction" or something, or you could make/get somebody to make a banner advertising your fan fiction and link to the page of your story, but yeah I'm pretty sure you know the mechanics of doing signatures based on your current one. Maybe replace the eggs or something with a link, I don't know. But yeah, I've read countless fan fictions (countless because I can't remember how many, not because there are heaps XD) after following links in signatures. Unfortunately like you mentioned not everyone leaves reviews, so it might not appear to be working but it does.

Back