• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Biweekly Haiku Contest I (Trial Run/Read thoroughly before posting)

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Wait, voting? @_@ I miseed the-oh, you deleted your other posts. Hmm.

For the record, I think double posting to make announcements here is just fine. By removing older posts though stuff can just be missed.

I'd suggest maybe extending the voting by a bit longer. Maybe even a separate thread with a poll so to draw attention to it if you'd like. Maybe it was because I was on a trip, but I didn't realise at all voting had started.
Yeah, I'd be fine with double posting in this case. It does look a little messy with all the deleted posts. I was wondering about it for a while, but never really came to a decision.

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
Years
I wasn't sure if I was allowed to double post for this. That's the only reason I deleted the posts. >.>

I'll extend voting to Wednesday, and then I'll start the next contest next weekend, if the turnout improves.

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
Years
This is the last night for voting. If you haven't submitted a ballot yet, please do so by 11:59PM Central Standard Time. The winner will be announce tomorrow afternoon sometime.

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
Years
I'll be tallying votes tomorrow. I may accept last minute votes PM'd to me after midnight, since I won't have time to post the results until around noon or later.

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
Years
Alright, the votes have been tallied and it was a close call!

Final Results
First Place: Cutlerine's poem with six points
Second Place: BlahISuck's poem Frost with five points
Third Place: isthatyoudan's poem with three points
Fourth Place: Rococo's poem with two points

Everyone else got either one point apiece or no points. The voting turnout wasn't really that bad after I announced the extention, but I was afraid I'd have to cast a tie breaking vote because Cutlerine and BlahISuck kept getting consistent votes (which I surprisingly didn't have to).

I'm going to revise the contest's procedures before starting the next round. Two things I'm considering are 1.) having the first week just be for submitting entries with the second week be for voting and 2.) possibly changing the voting procedure or just asking judges to vote on what poems they think are best. I'm open for suggestions at this point. The next contest won't be until after the (U.S.) Thanksgiving weekend.

Back