• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokémon Trainer Association

kanakinz.

- - just another pokébreeder
Years
I'm super happy with my hatch of a 5IV Bold Female Eevee. I named her Kairi (yes after kingdom hearts) and immediately raised her affection and evolved her into none other than.. Sylveon! :pink_love:

The EVs that I plan on giving her are: 252 Def / 128 Hp / 128 Sp.Atk
Now, I'm not too experienced in training for competitive battles, but I do know I wanted her to be a little difficult to take down, which is why I gave her max defense and hp. Her moveset right now is Moonblast, Wish, Protect, and Shadowball. I wanted that moonblast to pack an extra punch so I guess thats why I decided to add a little to her Sp.Atk stat. LOL, I don't know what I'm doing so some critiques/advice is always loved!

I used horde battles and power items plus pokerus respectively for training the defense and hp stat. And btw yes, using exp. share does work! For her Sp.Atk, I don't have the power item yet so I gave her 10 Calciums. I also accidentally gave her a Sp.Def vitamin so her training is on hold until I can farm the correct berry to fix my mistake :(

Ooh look, an event! I shall be participating by making a naughty pokemon. And maybe a Snover if I end up breeding one for the holidays! This should be fun c:

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
You can use the Macho Brace instead of a power item to finish her training. Oh and you'll need the Grepa Berry, I can trade you one if you'd like. Other than that, I'm not a competitive battler, so there's not much I can say, sorry! But I'm sure she'll make quite the dragon slayer, hehe.

Just4You

Try to be the very best.
Years
Join because it's awesomeeee <3<3<3
Username: Angel
Goals: My goal its to catch 'em all and build the most powerful team.
P.S-Can you folks tell me what Pokemon game from generation 4-5 to start,and I can finish the game without problems(low levels,etc.).

kanakinz.

Years
You can use the Macho Brace instead of a power item to finish her training. Oh and you'll need the Grepa Berry, I can trade you one if you'd like. Other than that, I'm not a competitive battler, so there's not much I can say, sorry! But I'm sure she'll make quite the dragon slayer, hehe.

She's all done and EV trained, now just to get her leveled up! :pink_love:
I wish I saw this earlier. I definitely didn't think of the macho brace! Duh. -__-' Oh and it also took a few days for me to finally farm myself a grepa berry, but I got one and used it. Gotta be more careful next time. Thank you though! She's fun. I love moonblasting dragons to their deaths. Lol.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Join because it's awesomeeee <3<3<3
Username: Angel
Goals: My goal its to catch 'em all and build the most powerful team.
P.S-Can you folks tell me what Pokemon game from generation 4-5 to start,and I can finish the game without problems(low levels,etc.).

A (late) welcome to the club, Angel, hope you'll enjoy it here! I don't really know what game to recommend; I'm currently playing a challenge on Platinum, it's the first time I'm playing Platinum actually, and my team is quite underleveled because I don't like grinding, and the Gym battles can be quite tough. I think BW would be easier, maybe? My first Pokemon game was White and I had a lot of fun with it.

Kana, congrats on your name change and your Sylveon! I've yet to train one myself, but Fairy-types are lovely ♥

I'm visiting my parents in my hometown, so I'll be enjoying the holidays this next week. I just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and have a wonderful time with your families and friends :)

kanakinz.

Years
Kana, congrats on your name change and your Sylveon! I've yet to train one myself, but Fairy-types are lovely ♥

Thank you! Fairy is now one of my favorite typings. It's just so girly, but packs a punch. Hehe.

I've been quite busy over the holidays, but I would say my Sliggoo is quite the naughty pokemon. She has maxed out EVs in Hp & Sp.Atk, with a moveset Rest / Rain Dance / Dragon Pulse / Toxic. She loves to set up her rain (she has hydration so she doesn't get any status conditions+shes holding damp rock to keep the rain there longer), poison her opponent, and STAB Dragon Pulse. Oh, and when her health gets low, she just rests it away. I never got a chance to breed and train my snover however.

Hope everyone had a good holiday!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Username: Nymphadora.
Your Goals: At the moment, I'm training a Blissey for my Pokémon Y team. It's at level fifty-three currently, and its moveset consists of Softboiled, Aromatherapy, Toxic, and Protect. All there's left for me to do now is EV train. When I'm done, I'll take it online and see how well it's able to perform. :]

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Great job on your Sligoo, Kana, she sounds great :)

And welcome Nymphadora, hope you enjoy it here! Good luck with your Blissey ^^

So have you guys set any New Year's resolutions? I'm gonna try to actually train a team and use it in battles this next year. I've started a Water team a long time ago, and never got to finish training, and then I've been spending some time breeding too and even training individual Pokemon, but I've never tested them out online, so that's my goal for next year!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I haven't made a resolution yet, so perhaps it's time to! I've always wanted to train a mono-type team but I've never actually gotten round to it for some reason, so I think that'll be my resolution for the year. I expect to be using either Poison or Steel with a complementary HM slave to back them up but that's all I've come up with so far. It'll be nice getting to use some of the more obscure Pokémon and hopefully it'll be an excuse to re-visit some old favourites like Muk and Weezing. Will post more when I decide to start on this!

Treetwig

Banned for being awesome
Years
Username: Treetwig
Your Goals: To complete the pokedex until the very end and to become the strongest competetive player.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
I haven't made a resolution yet, so perhaps it's time to! I've always wanted to train a mono-type team but I've never actually gotten round to it for some reason, so I think that'll be my resolution for the year. I expect to be using either Poison or Steel with a complementary HM slave to back them up but that's all I've come up with so far. It'll be nice getting to use some of the more obscure Pokémon and hopefully it'll be an excuse to re-visit some old favourites like Muk and Weezing. Will post more when I decide to start on this!

Definitely let us know how that goes!

Username: Treetwig
Your Goals: To complete the pokedex until the very end and to become the strongest competetive player.

Welcome to the club! Those are both very ambitious goals, good luck and keep us posted ^^

In other news, I started a new challenge LeafGreen. My current team is Charmeleon, Pikachu and Weepinbell, they're currently levels 22 to 25, and we just beat Lt. Surge. Training is going surprisingly well, I thought I'd have to grind a lot more. Funny thing is, I rushed to Cerulean City since I thought that maybe I can get Bellsprout before facing Misty; of course it wasn't the case, so I thought I'd go back to Rt. 4 and check if I skipped any trainers to level up Pikachu a bit more. Surprise, surprise, you can't go back to Rt. 4! What, why?! I checked on bulbapedia and I hadn't missed any Pokemon though, but I did lose quite a few because I got off the S. S. Anne after I got Cut and didn't battle everyone. All that precious EXP :(

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jan 20, 2014
Username: Lavender
Your Goals: To learn how to build a good team and battle online. (and hopefully find some patient people to advise me ;) ) I didn't realise there was so much involved in raising competitive Pokemon until I found this forum.

I'm trying to raise a Vaporeon, Roserade, Altaria, Aromatisse and Magcargo (pretty much the only reason I picked these is because I like them!) and still have an empty slot - it's not as varied a team as the one I used to play through the story but I guess that's what's going to contribute to making it more of a challenge!

And, hopefully I can make some more friends here too :)

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022

Welcome to the club, Lavender! If you need any help with training, I'm sure you can find an answer here! Let us know how it's going :)

If you're having trouble picking your sixth Pokemon, try using marriland's team builder, it shows you your team's weakness and resistances and stats at a glance. I input your current team right here. Your team actually looks pretty well-rounded, there is that weakness to Rock that should be taken care of.

A big issue however is that all five of those Pokemon are special attackers. This will make battling against Pokemon with high special defense difficult, so try adding a physical attacker as your final Pokemon, or even switch out one of your current Pokemon with a physical attacker.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jan 20, 2014
Welcome to the club, Lavender! If you need any help with training, I'm sure you can find an answer here! Let us know how it's going :)

If you're having trouble picking your sixth Pokemon, try using marriland's team builder, it shows you your team's weakness and resistances and stats at a glance. I input your current team right here. Your team actually looks pretty well-rounded, there is that weakness to Rock that should be taken care of.

A big issue however is that all five of those Pokemon are special attackers. This will make battling against Pokemon with high special defense difficult, so try adding a physical attacker as your final Pokemon, or even switch out one of your current Pokemon with a physical attacker.

Hiya :)
Ooh the team builder is really interesting - thanks for that, will make use of that in the future as well, very useful tool for me right now!
I do have a habit of picking Pokemon I personally really like (cute/pretty/interesting moves) rather than the best Pokemon with the best stats ha. I added a Chikorita (now a Bayleef) to my team yesterday to see how he works out. I was planning to only teach him Physical moves as everything is indeed very Sp. Atk. based at the moment, except according to the Judge in Kiloude his Sp.Atk. is his best IV - so I may have to reconsider the - "oh just pick Chikorita, you love that Pokemon, yes he's a Grass type but it'll work out somehow, teach him some Physical moves!" mindset!! I may go through the Fighting type Pokemon or something and choose one I like best and train that up instead of continuing with Bayleef.

Will let you know what decision I eventually make but I think I will have to say goodbye to a one or two of my current team members!

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
To be honest, I think using your favorite Pokemon sounds a lot more fun when you're only starting out. After all, reading guides and moveset advice can get pretty time-consuming, and in the end you know what they say, practice makes perfect! So before you invest a lot of energy into it, why not have some fun first, train your favorites, see how they work out, and get a taste of the environment, you know?

And here's a question for everyone: what are you favorite training spots in the game you're playing right now?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
What are you favorite training spots in the game you're playing right now?
I'm playing Pokémon Y right now, and my favorite training spot would have to be Le Wow restaurant in Lumiose. I get to earn a bunch of exp. by battling here, as well as some mushrooms. By selling these mushrooms, I get the chance to get my hands on a ton of cash. Sweet, right? From time to time, I also battle in hordes.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
What are your favorite training spots in the game you're playing right now?

The last time I played anything Pokemon related was probably Y a couple of weeks back. I didn't really have a favourite training spot. I didn't even need to worry about training since my Pokemon were already overleveled. However Victory Road has always been a staple in my mainseries games. The Pokemon there are powerful, provide loads of experience and are easy to farm if that's the right word. Other places include the early game restaurants, caves and the tall grass in certain areas. :D

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Nymphadora, I agree on the restaurants, though it's too bothering to go for that exact number of turns for the mushrooms. I like the Battle Chateau better, and it is in fact my favorite spot to train, using writs and o-powers help a lot to get more experience -- and poke dollars too ;)

And Aslan put it well, there's little to no grinding needed. To be honest, I pretty much tried to get out of Victory Road as fast as possible, my Pokemon were already ready for the Elite 4, so I don't really remember much about the Pokemon there.

Years
So have you guys set any New Year's resolutions?

Get that shiny Chespin, finish the national dex in X, and breed perfect 'mons of my favorite Pokemon and EV train them. Quite a ways away and hopefully I achieve my goals this year!

What are your favorite training spots in the game you're playing right now?

The Battle Chateau is practically my home when it comes to X and Y, hehe. I trained all Pokemon for the Kalos dex there to evolve and train all of my team members there as well; I'm the top rank so fighting trainers in the higher levels is pretty easy. Writs are expensive but it's a nice way to boost levels (by up to 20) and that coupled with a writt to make trainers come more often that day makes for quite wonderful training.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
It's been a while, huh? Sorry for being away for almost a month... I'm wondering what's everybody up to with their Pokemon games? To start things off...

What is the latest team you've trained in your game?

Back