• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon Acanthite - RMXP

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
That wasn't originally the plan, but actually i think that'd be better. OK, I'll do that sheck :D

Cheers for the idea. I know EXACTLY how I'll do it ^_^

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
Years
Very wonderful, I like the story. But the thing with the clans confuses me a bit. Where does Pokemon fall into this? I mean, do these clans use Pokemon too, and not just swords? There should be some Pokemon-related aspects to the story too, but thats just my opinion. Nice game so far!

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
The clans of course use Pok?mon in their battles against each other :D
I'll leave what GEMININE is to your imagination -_-

Lugia gets it's fair share of story time too. I just don't want to give away how.

AbareMax

Your Italian Pok?mon Fan!
Years
I'm very impressed with this game. Everyday when I get home I come check for new screenshots. You never cease to surprise me, Fangking. I can't wait to see more screens and added information. That clan idea of your is genious! Keep it up!!

AbareMax

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
when will you post a demo?
I'm sure he'll post when he's ready. But it seems most people have decided to release the whole thing after it's been finished though.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Well, I still think this is brilliant. The story seems compelling, and the additional screenshots still blow me away. Keep up the good work ^_^

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Glad you like the story :D
I also mentioned the clan idea wasn't mine, it's SlickSlicer's from Pok?mon Zeo ;)
It happened to tie in very nicely though, because it made the Sword of GEMININE idea a lot cooler.

The story generally winds out a lot more than I've written it to do so; Lugia gets a big chunk, Suicune's Crystal story is told again from a different angle, Mewtwo ties in with the story of GEMININE somehow, and quite a lot's happening in Merto... hell, I promise that this game will be enormous when it's complete. I dunno if it'll be up to the size of say... COL which is gonna have a ridiculously huge game size with 4 regions and all and I therefore bow to Booda's immeasurable patience, but Acanthite's gonna be like an extended GS with RS added on.

A small update today. Merto?s map has been done at last, and here it is. Also you can now learn where stuff is. Indeed, Merto has a size comparable to Hoenn (not quite as many towns though, 2 less), though I'm a bit less liberal with sea routes (I think I speak for many when I say I was sick of the blue).

mertomaplabelled1eu.png

Key
1. Olbranch Town
2. Elderwood City [Gym]
3. Pinefall City [Gym]
4. Alderford City [Gym]
5. Mezereon City [Gym]
6. Bambotta City
7. Pecanside City
8. Taramind Island [Gym]
9. Overlake City [Gym]
10. Longrose Town
11. Paloverde City [Gym]
12. Maplegrove City [Gym]
13. Rhusbay Town
14. Greatvine Mountain

Take note that Bambotta City is no longer home to a gym. This is because a very important angle of the Merto story is based here, and doesn?t need a gym as well.

A. Limeburg Forest
B. Larix Cave
C. Novene Temple
D. Westwood Park
E. Elemental Triangle (Tyridan Island etc?)
F. Mt. Miasma
G. Tri Pass
H. Gonia Marsh
I. Myrica Pass
J. Greatvine Path
K. Emerald Island
L. Fortune Isle

Take note that not all important/interesting locations have been listed. Just the select few that you will almost certainly encounter on your travels.

http://img209.exs.cx/img209/897/mertomap5ki.png
Standard sized map without labels. I don't know why I bother, but still.

Gym Leaders (Not in order of appearance). I have limited spriting skill and any skilled spriters would be invited to assist in these characters? sprites. Credit and/or worship/overload of thanks given as required. PM me for details if you?re interested. Kthx.

Magnus (Steel/Electric)
Duncan (Indefinite; Porygon(/2), Muk? ?scientist? ideas basically)
Lorelei (Ice/Water)
Joel (Ghost)
Darren (Dragon)
Fiona (Grass)
Helena (Dark)
???

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
Years
Wow! Great Map! It looks really good! Lorilei is a gym leader? Holy McGillicutty! The name of the cities are clever, and so are the important places. I see you still don't have the place for the OTHER importtant area in the game ;)

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I too thought it was a bit of a surprise that Lorelei would be kicked from being a Gym Leader. Must have been outside having a cigarrette, and they sacked her XD But anyways, the world map certainly looks interesting, and I can't wait for your next update ^_^

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
I was wondering if you were planning islands other than Emerald Island to be available later.

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
Years
COOL MAP! And, BTW, the Islands to the Far North, are they reachable by, let's say, ships and stuff? And what other modes of transport would be included in the game? I just can't wait to play this!!!

OFFTOPIC:
100 Posts woohoo!!! *Parties*!!!

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Lorelei's status as a gym leader will be explained during the course of the game (when I decide a good enough reason; she either gave it up out of boredom or just got superceeded by someone better... FYI Agatha won't appear, she's probably died or something. Whatever, I don't care.)

The islands to the north are from Hoenn's map. They're not there for no reason. I'll tell you that much. I'll probably make Pecanside City's harbor somewhat bigger than others.

Small informative update today. I'd have a screenshot if I weren't on the wrong computer. BUT I DON'T :D

The purpose of Greatvine Mountain is relating to Merto Elite 4.

Graham (Ground/Rock)
Cindy (Fire)
Heather (Normal[?], generally cutesy stuff...)
Ivan (Steel)

Champion? Hmm. Cannae say. Oh dear, that brings the mysterious identity count to 2.

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
If you play fr/lg and go to the islands, there is one island where lorelei lives (I think its her) theres an event and she fights team rocket and after that she has doubts to wether she should be in E4 because shes so busy there all the time, so that can be a good reason and fit in well since it actually is in the games =D

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
Years
What Kyledove said and addition - maybe a relative lives in Merto and offered her a position as Gym Leader and maybe that brought her to Merto.

Naito

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
I bet that this game is going to be great when done. I can't wait for more screenshots.

D@rk Ho-oH

The Dark Is In My Heart
Years
very cool game.but can you make a list of all the legendary pokemon that will be in the game?

Back