• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[RENEWED] Name Change Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
Years
[url-inline="newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p= 3314542"]Request a name change now.[/url-inline]

Name changes

Name changing is a special feature available to users of the PokéCommunity. Following its name, any member is allowed to post here to request that their name is changed. The system follows a special set of conditions, however.

• When your name is changed for the first time, a new field will appear under your username in your profile.
    It is called "Previous Usernames" and contains your old username, the date it was changed, and who it was changed by.

Conditions that affect when you can make a name change

• Existing members who have changed their name in this thread cannot change their name again for 4 months since that change.
    Once you have your name changed to your request, you cannot have it changed back or changed to something else until at least 4 months have passed (on a calendar estimate). So if I changed my name on May 14, I wouldn't be able to change it until September 14.
  • Tier 4+ Community Supporters who have changed their name in this thread will be able to change their name after 3 months from the change.
    For all community supporters in tier 4 or higher, you may change your name in this thread as normal. As an added perk, however, you do not have to wait four months before you can change again - now, you're able to wait only three months! (If you change your name on May 14, then you may change it again on August 14!)
  • New members cannot change their name for at least 4 months from their registration.
    If you just joined the PokéCommunity within the last 4 months then you have to wait to get a name change.

For example, if you joined on 2nd of April you would have to wait until the 2nd of August before getting a name change. And if you get it changed then it'll be the normal 4 month wait before you can change it again. If you're under the 4 month limit then you can always rejoin with the name you want (or, of course, wait till the 4 months are up).

Before posting a request for a name change

• You cannot change your name to an existing name.
    If there's already a member by the name you want to change to, you cannot change to it unless the member who owns that name changes to a new one. Before making a request, check the members list before asking.
  • Search the member list before asking for a name change.
    Members are required to search the members list before making a request to see if the desired name isn't already taken. (Note: Not all usernames are listed on the member list, if the member has no posts or is banned, then he/she will not be listed. Only ones who changes names will be able to see the ones without posts.)
  • Take the time to think your name change over.
    If you make a change, and decide that you want to change back soon, we won't do it. Reversions to a name count as name changes too, so think your new name over before requesting, until the 4 month cap is over. We'll be busy doing other changes and other work as is, so we don't wish to have more work given to us.
  • Your old name will be open for registration.
    If you make a name change, your old name will become open for the taking by other members, so you will need to think about your name change at this point as well. If your old name is taken you won't be able to change back to that name after unless the person who took your name changes to another one. We are allowed to make some exceptions to this rule to our discretion.
  • We reserve the right to bar a name change.
    If staff believe that a name change is unsuitable, offensive or inappropriate, we reserve the right to deny the change.
  • Simple changes to your current name do not accompany a time limit.
    If you have made a typo in your user name when you joined (underscore removal or capital letter fix, or missing characters), you can request to any Administrator, Staff Administrator or Assistant Admin to change your name. The time caps associated with name changes don't apply, so you may change your name from "JR._PIKAchu" to "Jr. Pikachu" without the 4 month cap applying. If you find yourself unable to log in due to having a username that wasn't ASCII before the community's change to Unicode, you are also allowed to request a name change without having a cap applied.
  • Make sure your name isn't too long.
    All names must be 36 characters or less (including spaces). Any names longer than that cannot be used, make sure of your name's length before you post your request.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I don't know if I can get my name changed but can i get it changed to
Zanacross

I registered another account with the name zanacross so could you swap the names please? If you cant doesn't matter.
I changed the names. The old account is now called zanacross2.

Anti

return of the king
Years
Haha, I've been dying for me to shorten my horribly long username...

Old Name: Anti-Pop Culture Warrior 13

New Name: Anti-Pop

Haha...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back