• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

|~ Disease Deoxys - [T] ~| [Best Rookie 1Q '12]

|Equinox|

Going on a hiatus :'(
Years

"An alien virus that fell to earth on a meteor underwent a DNA mutation to become this Pokémon"

2vmawcg.jpg

D I S E A S E D E O X Y S

[T Rated RP]

P L O T

Before you know what this RP is about, you might want to pay attention to a special news report...

NEWS REPORT - ONE WEEK AGO: Kanto; the original, largest, and to some the greatest region of the Pokemon World has now been sent into a new, catastrophic state of fear. An otherworldly virus that was thought to have left the planet a century ago has now come back stronger than ever, and the alien effects of this comeback is spreading anxiety across the world. Although Deoxys' arrival was unknown at first, large disappearances of wild pokemon made it clear a problem was arising.

A group of five lone pokemon rangers set out with their companions had searched throughout Mt. Moon last night to find the source causing the lack of pokemon. It was then reported by one of those five trainers the true, horrifying discovery of what they found. A gathering of powerful, mutated, psychic pokemon within the cave.

"The moment my counterparts, human and pokemon alike spotted them, blood was already being shed. Each creature in the cave had large, glowing white eyes with mutated bodies resembling the alien Deoxys, which I originally thought was just a myth told to scare people. I watched my pokemon shoot reckless, desperate attacks out to stop them, but… I-I was useless. Each were struck down- they weren't strong enough. None of us were. I still cannot recall how I managed to escape… but they let me go. I don't know why. It's as if they wanted me to spread the news… about their arrival…" said a devastated witness.

Trainers have already begun to take action one way or another, from completely avoiding the mountainous area to forming into groups for battle. Only time will tell where these actions will take us...

W H A T - N O W ?

Unable to control the sudden outbreak of mutated pokemon, both humans and pokemon were forced to flee when the infection began to spread to Cerulean City, many trainers losing their friends in the process. Lead by two separate Deoxys, an army had invaded the city without warning. This was the event that caused the most worry among the regions, especially Kanto citizens. However, no official organization was formed until individual infected pokemon were found spread across Kanto. This caused more distress, and soon enough, an organization was formed to go against these aliens- the Valoran Army. Trainers from all over the pokemon world have gathered together for a meeting on the possible actions that can be taken to prevent the loss of another city, or the loss of any more lives for that matter.

R O L E P L A Y

As an RPer, you can be -
- A Human General[FONT=&quot] of the Valoran Army, with uninfected Pokemon and people at your command. You have a communicator that can translate all Pokemon speech. Only one can be this character, and the RPer that is the Human General will also play as the legendary Deoxys, to have full control of the battlefield. So basically, only ONE Rper will be human. Others are Pokemon. [/FONT]

- A Normal Pokemon of the Valoran Army, fighting the Infected with your uninfected allies under the General's command. You can also be a 'loner'. A loner Pokemon means that you aren't helping any Army, but you are also secretly against the Infected in the shadows If you are a Pokemon of the Valoran Army, you can have a little human weapon or armor to help you (example: dagger, armor plates, bows). It gives you an advantage if you have armor, as the disease passes through blood...

- A Stage-One Infected Pokemon. In this stage, the pokemon's appearance will change in color, resembling Deoxys. In a half-Deoxys state, you will find yourself unable to fight against strong, important commands, but you can still think, tell what's right and wrong, and control yourself with strong willpower. Your emotions are all still intact. However, if you are infected for a long period of time, you might slowly 'evolve' into Stage-Two. You will also have another psychic move, given by Deoxys. Example of an infected pokemon Click here for an example of an infected First Stage Pokemon. If it's second stage you should resemble Deoxys even more.

- A Stage-Two Infected Pokemon. In stage two, you'll look like Stage-One Pokemon with a gem grown on your body somewhere to mark you. You CANNOT control your own thoughts. As a Full-Deoxys state, your psychic powers will be multiplied, and your power will be increased. More zombie-like, you will be forced to obey the actions, and become more bloodthirsty and distrustful of regular pokemon/humans. Some Pokemon just do it without trying to struggle, totally hypnotized by their master. Even if you have strong willpower, it is almost impossible for you to break free.

General - You will have to command and use your army of Uninfected Pokemon. You'll have to plan out what to do, and how to drive the Infected away. You have an arsenal of Pokemon at your command, but remember...Deoxys has his minions as well.

Normal Pokemon - If you are a Loner, you should, and would, hide in the shadows, probably in alleys, abandoned places, under bridges or even dark forests. Stay away from the Infected, and if you are strong enough, take them down when you can. A Loner is usually a strong, independent Pokemon that can take care of himself. If you are in the Valoran Army, help the General and listen to his orders. Together with allies, strike the enemies down.

Infected Pokemon - No matter if you're Stage-One or Stage-Two, you will have to listen to Deoxys via telepathy. Kill or infect the Unfected, and help your master in attempt to take over. Stage-Twos, you are generally stronger than Stage-Ones, and more reckless. Stage-Ones, you are slightly weaker due to the half-Deoxys state and not the Full state, but you still have a chance of breaking free if you still can...

D I S E A S E

According to another news article, this is how the Disease is spread.

The Infected Pokemon will always have Deoxys Venom inside them. Depending on the pokemon, some has them on their claws, some has them on their wings, tails or spikes. When an Infected Pokemon severely hurts an Uninfected one, and that the Infected is able to use mix its 'venom' with the Uninfected's blood, it passes to the Pokemon. Similar to STDs, in transfers through blood.

S I G N U P

Name:

Species:

Human Age:

Appearance (Go in detail if you are infected, as you have different colors now):

Side/Type:

Personality(1-2 paragraphs):

Background Story/History(1-2 paragraphs):

*Human Weapons (For those who are in the Valoran Army):

Moveset (4 Original, 1 extra psychic move for Infected):

R U L E S

- Normal RPing Rules Apply Here...whatever they are ^^

- No Bunnying is allowed, unless permitted by the RPer. God modding is also not allowed.

- Stay Active. Don't join and poof.

- No Flaming or bashing others please!

- This an RP made by me and my friend -Grayscale-! So he's the GM as well! ^^

[FONT=&quot]- Each member has about three warnings if these rules are broken. Strike three, you're out.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]*NOTE: ONE SPECIAL ROLE PLAYER WILL HAVE THE OPTION TO ROLE PLAY AS DEOXYS HIMSELF. HOWEVER, THEY MUST HAVE A VERY GOOD SU AND HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE AND WRITING SKILLS TO BE ABLE TO HANDLE AND EXCEL IN THE POSITION. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]This is not a first-come-first-get. Me and Gray choose who seems fit for the position, and some people may be declined if multiple RPers sign up for the position.[/FONT]

S U s

My SU -
Spoiler:

S L O T S

There's no spot for the Human General, and of course, Deoxys, but other slots are all open!

--

Valoran Army Human General (one only - full):

• FourCartridge - Benny Larson

Valoran Army Pokemon:

• Fortworth96 - Sirva Flash [Charizard]

NightOfRemorse - Felicie "Number" Schäfer [Nidorina]

Silver Rogue - Blaze Ghretz [Arcanine]

Uninfected Loner Pokemon:

• chef30 - Zero Darklight [Umbreon]

FinalMaster - Ness [Espeon]

Sir Bastian - Axel [Raichu]

Rafael p - Rafael [Espeon]

Stage One Infected Pokemon:

• |Equinox| - Elysa Flight [Emolga]

Aura Rift - Sho Torai [Axew]

ShadowTheDarkrai - Neco [Pawniard]

shaymin♥ - Luna [Absol]

Stage Two Infected Pokemon:

• Greiger - Somnus [Hypno]

Imaginaerυm - "Firestarter" Alistar Blados [Typhlosion]

-Grayscale- - Gale Witt [Scizor]

The one and only Deoxys -

• RP'd by FourCartridge

Last edited:

-Grayscale-

яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...
Years
[FONT=&quot]Name : Gale Witt

Species
: Scizor

Human Age
: 17

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Appearance :
Spoiler:
[/FONT]
*Note: There is a blue gem in the middle of his wings. Shown only on the back.
[FONT=&quot]
Side/Type
: Infected (Stage 2)

Personality
: Gale was once a very noble, selfless, and brave pokemon. Raised well by his parents, Gale was very social and forgiving. He was what many considered to be their role-model, and overall his sense of right and wrong had to be one of his greatest qualities. There wasn't much wrong you could find in the Scizor, as he was kind to everyone and all of his traits seemed to shine brilliantly. That was, until the day he became infected. The disease poisoned his heart, turning him cold. All happiness in his life drained away along with his emotion and compassion for others. Although he kept his senses for a short while, it only took a few days for his transformation to be complete, and for a small bit of insanity to build up in his head.

With the unusually large amount of infection in his blood, Gale is abnormally violent to other living creatures; all except fellow mutants, which he still seems to treat with the utmost respect. He refuses to trust anyone besides his leader, and will personally rip apart anyone who disagrees even the slightest with Deoxys' intentions. Gale is also very suspicious of others, due to the fact he can't completely trust anyone since his accident. He is also quiet for the same reason. However, he does have good traits despite his infection. The Scizor remains patient and quick-witted as he was originally, and although 'friendships' to him are useless now, he is willing to be an ally with another mutant if they wish. He handles most situations well, too. Most. Get him to a breaking point somehow or another, however, you'll find some of his insanity begin to reappear. Another odd trait Gale has is the fact he doesn't seem to recall much of his past, instead keeping it through flashbacks and painful headaches that have lingered on since the transformation.

Background Story/History
: Gale's life was very simple as a child. He grew up wild and free with his parents, both very strong and independent pokemon. Each spent private time with Gale each day, teaching him new things and telling him stories about the legendary pokemon of Kanto. His parents also taught him about trainers, including both human and pokemon society at a young age. They sheltered him away from much of Kanto, however, until they felt he could finally travel by himself. That is when Gale first began to enjoy, and love life. All life, as from the moment he began his own journey, the Scyther only found more and more things to appreciate in nature. From the wilderness as a whole, to the variety of different pokemon and creatures he met and socialized with. Gale traveled alone for years, flying to different areas and marveling at the large, beautiful human cities he sometimes encountered along the way. All the Scyther wanted to do was learn more about the world, and enjoy it while he could. He never found a passion for fighting like his few pokemon comrades did, yet he began to train immediately when he was given a very rare Metal Coat by one of the many friends he made while exploring Kanto. Each and every day, the young Scyther would make it a routine to win one or more battles per day. If he could not do such a task, he did triple the amount of work the following day. It went against his morals, the fighting, but it paid off when he finally evolved. His fragile and light body had grown larger and tougher, with a shining red exoskeleton that reflected his hard work. Pleased with himself, Gale made a last trip back to the place he was born in an effort to show his family who he had become.

Yet, traveling back, he found the love of his life. A Buneary, which had been brought to Kanto by a foreign trainer hoping to trade it for another rare pokemon. Seeing a Buneary for the first time, he marveled at how beautiful the pokemon was. Spending the night at the woods near the city, Gale awoke to hear the crying of the same pokemon. He risked going into the city to find the Buneary trying to flee from it's trainer, who was chasing it with a group of Houndooms. Jumping in front of the pokemon as a flamethrower was blown in its direction, he quickly began to suffer from the burning heat. The trainer was bewildered at the appearance of Gale. However, seeing the human reach for a pokeball in his pocket, the Scizor lashed out immediately with a range of Bullet Punches, blowing back the dark-fire types with his empowered X-scissors. Watching the trainer and his pokemon flee, he limped away with a half shocked, half crying pokemon at his side. Spending the next few days with the Buneary, who's name was Ashley, they learned more about each other slowly, all while treating Gale's wounds. Friendship had quickly grown into love, and when Gale's new friend evolved, they knew it was meant to be. Forgetting about his parents, the Scizor worked harder than ever to set up a new family that his mate wished so dearly to have. They set up a home near Cerulean City, and had a baby girl. Gale could have never been happier, or more proud, waking up every day to see his family. However, the happiness didn't last forever. Gathering food one day, he returned home to find his mate and child missing. He panicked immediately, searching all over the forest for his family. Hearing a cry from his mate in a certain direction, he ran in the direction only to see too late the trap he was falling into. A flash of pain and light turned his world black, and had him awake into a new body and mind.

Human Weapons
: N/A

Moveset
: X-scissor, Bullet Punch, *Psychic, Hyper Beam, Iron Defense
[/FONT]

Last edited:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Reservation please. I'll have my SU up in 48 hours.

Years
Before I do my character, I have to ask: Can I play as an "unaffiliated" human survivor? Pokemon can, so why can't humans?

Last edited:

|Equinox|

Years
Hello! ^^ Someone just gave me a suggestion just now that I should remove it. Only one RPer should be a human where the others should be all Pokemon. The Human General that leads the Valoran Army will also be 'Deoxys', the 'commander' of the infected. Therefore that RPer can control the entire battlefield without error. And as for 'why not humans', because humans don't get infected! <3 Only Pokemon do! The humans are trying to help! So they have the army. Some pokemon choose to enter, some stay loners, some just get infected.

So, basically, only one RPer will be human.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Here it is.

Name: Somnus

Species: Hypno

Human Age: 14

Appearance: As a Stage-Two infected Somnus' skin and fur has changed dramatically. The front of his chest is red while his back is green. The front and back of Somnus' legs are red while the sides of them are green. Both of his arms are colored up to his shoulder and armpit. His ribs are green starting from his armpits all the way down to the sides of his legs. Somnu's neck is colored green and his entire head is colored red. A large gem has grown out onto his chest to signify his marking as a Stage-Two infected. Somnus' eyes now glow a bright purple, indicating the total control that Deoxys has over his mind.

Side/Type: Stage-Two infection

Personality: Before he was infected Somnus persevered as a power hungry pokemon. He saw the world as a place where he had to make his mark and prove his strength to others. Logically, this meant he would any enemy that crossed him in order to become stronger. Somnus was never afraid to fight agasint enemies that had a type advantage over him such as dark-types and bug-types. If he lost then it just proved that he had more training to do and if he won then it just proved how powerful he had become. Somnus didn't care about privacy and would focibly invade another's mind if they held information that he needed. Somnus had a tendency to use his hypnosis on any pokemon that was weaker them him and used them how he saw fit.

As a Stage-One infected Somnus still retained his personality and felt outraged at another being using him as a puppet, although this stage was short lived. As a Stage-Two infected Somnus' personality was entirely erased. He is now savage and attempts to attack any uninfected pokemon he senses. Somnus has lost his ability to reason about right and wrong or to even think about how his actions could impact another. Due to his weakened willpower Somnus obeys every command given to him without argument. He has gained a sense of loyalty toward Deoxys and will do whatever he can to make sure his master does not come to harm.

Background Story/History(1-2 paragraphs): Somnus first lived near the city of Vermilion. Proud at being a psychic Somnus from his first day sought to be the best he could be and eagerly battled the other young pokemon in his area in mock up battles. He continued this lifestyle for one year when some powerful dragon types had moved through the area one day. They struck without warning and destroyed the fields that were Somnus' home. The drowzee had attempted to fight the dragons, but had been beaten to a pulp. On that day Somnus changed he declared to be the strongest and went out in search of strong opponents. Often he would lost but whenever he won his confidence got a boost and he continued to search for powerful individuals. Eventually he got strong enough that no one in his home could fight him and last two rounds. He later evolved into a hypno and gained a new philosophy, the weak must obey the strong.

He journeyed to a forest outside of Saffron and began to use his hypnosis to enslave the local pokemon to his will. Everything was going great until one day he lost some connections with his slaves. Somnus thought that they were caught by trainers and didn't think about it, until it happened a week later. Somnus went throughout the forest interrogating several pokemon as to where his slaves had gone. None had the information he needed. He was about to scout the forest again when his former slaves returned. The had been enslaved by Deoxys and went throughout the forest, spreading the virus everywhere. Despite his best efforts Somnus was infected and became a Stage-One infectee. At first he attempted to resist Deoxys' influence. Since he was strong he could hold out and eventually overthrow Deoxys. As time passed his will began to weaken and he fell into Stage-Two of the infection. His personality and willpower eroded away and he became a shell of his former self. His goal now is to do whatever his master tells him and to spread the infection wherever he can.

*Human Weapons (For those who are in the Valoran Army): N/A

Moveset (4 Original, 1 extra psychic move for Infected): Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Psychic, Psybeam, (Deoxys Move) Future Sight

Years
Alright, here's my SU for the Human Commander. Do I need one for Dexoys?

Name: Benny Larson

Species: Human

Human Age: 33

Appearance: Benny is a 6'3'' man weighing 190 lbs. He has green eyes, squarish eyebrows close to his eyes(slightly forming an angle), and medium length brown hair in a "lid" shape, though with the recent outrash of Dexoys infected Pokemon with psychic powers, he has taken to wearing a black wide brim fedora lined with aluminum foil on the inside in an attempt to protect his mind from them(those conspiracy theorists may be a bit crazy, but honestly, better safe than sorry). Benny's clothing includes a blue button up undershirt, khaki dress pants, black loafers, a white striped leisure coat, and brown and purple patterned clip on tie(you gotta look fancy for the cameras, you know?), all topped with a brown overcoat, as he often goes to wintery Sinnoh for his news reports and needs something to protect himself from the cold.

He is pale skinned, something of a family trait on his side of the Larsons. Of course, his career choice pretty much necessitates that he keeps a good hygiene for the people he interviews, so he is well groomed(though with the attack of killer infected Pokemon, that may change) and smells of nice cologne. He has attempted to foster a unique look so people can recognize him, which one can't say that has not hurt him in his rise to (relative) fame.

Side/Type: De Facto Valorian Army Commander

Personality(1-2 paragraphs): Benny tries to maintain a neutral position on things, owing to his job as a reporter, though if there's no "grey" area he is not afraid to show emotion, an asset that has helped him(because of this, people can know what to think of a particular story). He has a confident tone of voice when reporting, though due to the circumstance, he has grown extremely unsure of himself. He is nervous of his position, and does not think of himself as fit of the job, though he understands the need of people to have someone to rally upon. As a result of his frequent moves, his son Mathew has depression because of a lack of permanent friends, and this gives Benny greater worry.

Benny is light-heated as a result of what he has seen and the weight of his position. He has grown easy to worry, and often tries a "no-one left behind" principle in light of this. Prior to the invasion he was a serious, though friendly person, something that has caused his co-workers to frequently tell him to lighten up. Benny does not have high confidence in his skills has a commander, mostly due to the fact he's opposing Dexoys and his lack of experience. He frequently thinks before acting as a result.

In short, Benny is a serious but friendly reporter, who is unsure of his skills as the de facto Valoran Army Commander.

Background Story/History(1-2 paragraphs): Benny Larson was born to a lower-middle class family in Jublife City, over in Sinnoh. In his infancy, he would cry, just like any other infant, and his parents would attend to him and such. They were working class, working from 7 to 5, paycheck by paycheck, in order to get by every month(they often did just fine though). Due to this his parents often resorted to TV to keep him occupied through those hours. It worked in a way, as various things, such as game shows, dramas, and the news often grabbed his interest, and inspired his passion for TV, leading to his career choice.

When Benny got old enough for school, he never really took an interest in Pokemon, even when Professor Rowan came into his class for a visit. It was really a combination of him being too enamored in TV, and an incident when he was 4 where a rowdy Snubull almost bit his face off, only to be saved by it's trainer. Benny went on through school, getting good grades and such, even being somewhat of an amateur filmmaker because of his TV interest, though due to the poor quality of them he tries to hide them. He graduated college with a Mass Media Major and Masters degree.

He soon got a job at a news studio as the head tech assistant, and for a while it was his dream job. He was satisfied with his life, even though he was unmarried. Then one day the regular news anchor died in a car crash. Benny was asked to be the replacement, even though his acting was poor in his amateur films, he reluctantly accepted, hoping for higher pay. As it turns out, he was fairly good at it, even displaying a natural talent. He soon had some recognition to his name, and the station soon sent him out on the field to cover stories. His talent and emotion when reporting soon gave him a name as good reporter, earning him a small amount of fame.

Then he met Carissa. She was a reporter from a rival station, and they both were covering the same story on the field when they met that day(It was about a notorious Pokemon Hunter being arrested by the Rangers). Though some animosity broke over the fact they were rivals, both felt an attraction towards one another, and soon after that they stated dating. Benny was particularly interested in Carissa's childhood and rise to her current job, and Carissa was sympathetic about Benny's incident with the Snubull in when he was 4. Soon they were engaged, and happily married. Their stations, by coincidence, were having a merger due to low income, and the public saw the marriage as a symbol of it.

They had a son soon after their honeymoon, a boy named Mathew. Unfortunately, due to their jobs as famous reporters(though they often worked on different stories), they had to move constantly, and so dispute their fame, they did not live the high life, as realtors tend to jack up prices when they hear the famous reporter couple are looking to buy a house in their town. Eventually he was assigned to report on a meteor, falling to Mount Moon, and the expedition launched by the Rangers. The sole survivor he interviewed gave Benny the chills when he told his stories.

Soon after the infected Pokemon attacked Cerulean. He heard screams from everywhere, and saw the streets in utter panic, he ran with the wild crowd trying to get out, and fortunately was one of the first people to get out of the city. The images still haunt him. in the refugee camps surrounding the city. Benny, still shocked by the attack, did his best to help. it was a reassuring sight for people, seeing someone famous attempting to administer first aid to someone, or telling someone who lost a loved one that there still might be hope. Soon people started to ask him for advice, and it eventually snowballed into him being the de facto leader of the group that was attempting to fight back. And so Benny finds himself, heading an army with no prior leadership experience, fighting an infection led by a Legendary Pokemon straight out of Folklore, with the world at stake.

Good luck Benny Larson. You'll need it...

*Human Weapons (For those who are in the Valoran Army): Benny has a hammer that he has modified with weight plates in order to have more force behind each swing. He assembled it hastily during his escape of the city.

Moveset (4 Original, 1 extra psychic move for Infected): N/A

Last edited:

-Grayscale-

яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...
Years
@ FourCartridge - It is not required you have an SU for Deoxys, so no. A human SU is perfectly fine, and yours looks quite lengthy. I'll check with my friend tonight to get both you and Greiger accepted :D

-Grayscale-

яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...
Years
Yes, you may. And don't worry you two, it is going to be a while until we begin. Obviously, everyone is busy! Don't worry about it! Glad to see you both joining :D

|Equinox|

Years
Alright I'll reserve you too~ :) Yay we're having a lot of people joining!

2evz3h1.jpg

^ I've edited Emolga! That's my character Flight! Yes a real tomgirl! XD

|Equinox|

Years
Hm well currently FourCartridge wants to be Deoxys! And since I've mentioned that the commander and Deoxys will be RPed by the same person, he gets the spot. Sorry! ^^

Back