• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
So you work for 12$/hour. A really good pay and 4 days per week to relax. I'd like to be able to get these kinds of pays when I'm older.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
: | I don't know what my hourly rate is.. I have a salary so I never really thought to calculate it properly, really..
But that is pretty good money/schedule! :3 So good on you, Somniac :3

Sir Codin

I've been playing Planescape: Torment lately.

The arc words and main question of the game are "What can change the nature of a man?"

I'm thinking of making a topic about this in the Discussion and Debates thread. Kind of a break from politics and more of a delving into philosophy. There are many things in life that can change a person's nature, but people might have different opinions on what has the most impacting change.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
So you work for 12$/hour. A really good pay and 4 days per week to relax. I'd like to be able to get these kinds of pays when I'm older.

£7.80 an hour :p according to google that's 12.04 dollars.

I've been playing Planescape: Torment lately.

The arc words and main question of the game are "What can change the nature of a man?"

I'm thinking of making a topic about this in the Discussion and Debates thread. Kind of a break from politics and more of a delving into philosophy. There are many things in life that can change a person's nature, but people might have different opinions on what has the most impacting change.

Planescape: Torment, is a brilliant game!

Did you know the cover art [and your avatar] is actually Guido Henkel, the game's producer.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I make $12.85 an hour ;-; and I wish it was more, hnnggg. Only netting around $26k a year after overtime isn't that great. :\

Sir Codin

$15.85 an hour for me. Also, I'm 22 and I don't have a degree.

My wage is higher than one of my friends who double-majored in college and he works at car dealership now.

To be fair, majoring in Teledramatic Arts and Japanese for the purpose of making manga and anime doesn't do jack for you unless you actually live in Japan.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years

My wage is higher than one of my friends who double-majored in college and he works at car dealership now.

To be fair, majoring in Teledramatic Arts and Japanese for the purpose of making manga and anime doesn't do jack for you unless you actually live in Japan.

Not really.. I heard Japanese manga artists have a really tough time staying afloat. You either have to be a recognized popular artist for that to happen, or freelance.

I have no idea what teledramatic arts is supposed to be..

What ever happened to good ol' plumbers and electricians? They're always in demand and always make a good wage.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014

Hnnggg! My degree is in Political Science and that isn't worth jack unless I move up to DC and be a slave.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
If you've ever read the manga Bakuman, then you'd know how much of a gamble it is to get into the manga business and become a famous mangaka (manga artist). To get your manga publish is a hard and tedious task and once it's being published , you're manga is ranked by readers and if falls past a certain rank the publishers remove it form the magazine in ten weeks. So getting recognized in Japan as a manga is difficult.

And I don't have a job unfortunately yet, but I'm in the process of looking for one. I really should be doing that instead of being on PC.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I made $7.45/hr at my last job. I worked really hard and wished I couldve got paid more but a retail job like that just dosent pay much >.>

Honest

Hi!
Years
At the debt I've landed myself in, I'd be happy with a job that pays, period. :I

I'd never work at a fast food place though. Ick.

Honest

Hi!
Years
A seventeen year old can barely get a job around here. It looks like I'm going to have to turn to tutoring little runts. Ugh.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I have no idea what the job market's job in my city, but the economy in the US is awful so I guess not so good. I guess I should just look harder for a job, but even getting one is hard.

Edit: This was my 2000th post!! OMG. I have no life.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back