• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: PC Fastfood Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
That's true. What about a Pokemon spinoff aimed at a higher age group, though? A more realistic, creepy version. They do manage to fit some odd stuff in as it is.

Like Shedinja's Pokedex entry that mentions it stealing your soul. I never bothered to find it myself, but doesn't a woman in B/W tell you about a rumor involving Kyurem eating people? :D

Years
hai guyz im bak

I see a new hack in the making: Pokemon DCC Version (not really)
Every time someone mentions a more mature version of Pokemon I always have the thought of a mix between Pokemon and Grand Theft Auto in my head haha. But yeah, a more mature Pokemon game would be great if Nintendo didn't have a problem with stepping outside of their comfort zone.

droomph

weeb
Years
hai de

also it could be a possibility

like Pokémon Snakewood with the whole "zombie" detail (i've never played it :P but I heard it's a little more "mature")

AHEM GAME FREAK

But I think that's for indie or other third-party developers. They're not too keen on wasting time on side projects, because in addition to having to make a new game, they also have to design (intricately) about 150 new characters every time, story and all (Yamask stole a child's face, etc.), something that most game designing groups don't have to do.

droomph

weeb
Years
oh whatever, lol.

They've created ~150 new Pokemon 6 times already. You'd think they'd be running out of ideas by now.
Welllll maybe if it was one person.

But with many people, creativity is endless. there is approximately xn!/s ideas in a room. Variables: x - how many people are in the room. n - how many thoughts a person has in a day. s - how many of those thoughts are about sex.

okay I totally made that up but you probably know what I mean. And if you don't…well ****

and also

Spoiler:

Years
Yeah, but it sucks when everything becomes derivative. And you fail to get truly wowwing ideas. It's one thing to come up with unlimited ideas, but they still have to impress.

Years
there is approximately xn!/(ms/x) ideas in a room. Variables: x - how many people are in the room. m - how many of them are male. n - how many thoughts a person has in a day. s - how many of those thoughts are about sex.

I had to read that twice haha.

I guess they could keep coming up with ideas, but it would only be so long before they start losing creativity and/or creating Pokemon that are extremely similar to already existing Pokemon.

I thought Trubbish was a complete lack of creativity, for example. They probably said, "Quick! Think of an idea for a Pokemon!" *employee sees a garbage bag in the corner* "Um...how about a garbage Pokemon?" "GENIUS! We're putting that in the game!"

droomph

weeb
Years
I had to read that twice haha.

I guess they could keep coming up with ideas, but it would only be so long before they start losing creativity and/or creating Pokemon that are extremely similar to already existing Pokemon.

I thought Trubbish was a complete lack of creativity, for example. They probably said, "Quick! Think of an idea for a Pokemon!" *employee sees a garbage bag in the corner* "Um...how about a garbage Pokemon?" "GENIUS! We're putting that in the game!"

not disagreeing with you, but here's another little cool Oatmeal comic explaining why that can be avoided :P (sorry but I'm not an expert on creativity so he'll have to do the explainin')

Spoiler:

Years
I like Talonflame, it's a peregrine falcon! Falcons are different to me than other birds of prey and have a speshal place in my heart. And we don't have many fire-flying types so yeah there's that too. Chespin is pretty cool too because there's a row of chestnut trees on a road near my home, so now it'll remind me of that. And it's about time we got a wyvern pokemon, though I think Noivern is too bat-like and derivative of the Woobat family with its nose and fur. Pancham is great. The only other panda we had was Spinda bleugh

A tangent on wyverns: I don't like it when they're portrayed like armless dragons. I'd much rather they had a body shape that suited their large wings, so much that they look more like reptilian birds.

Sir Codin

My idea on gameplay would be sort of like character classes and how they affect a Pokemon's growth. I think someone actually made a Pokemon tabletop RPG based around this, it might be interesting to see it used in a game.

As for 6th Gen, some of the new Pokemon have yet to grow on me. I do like Talonflame, though.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
Chestnut trees smell like.....hmmm...nevermind.

I love all of Gen VI so far, pretty much! I'm really pleased with that, cause usually it's the other way around during the early reveal phase of the other Gens.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Are you suggesting you don't want to talk about pokemon, Andy?
I don't mind either way! Honestly, though I prefer no spoilers as much as possible before the games come out (though that's quite difficult seeing as.. well this is a pokemon forum.) But talking about gameplay and strategies and what we would change can be quite interesting :3

Also.. *omnomnom.. crackers* :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back