• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

catroZ

Working...Don't bother me...
Years
I can tell you here and now that surveys are 99% fakes.
If somebody uses a link with surveys there's a huge chance you're just spending the next hour figuring out there's no link behind it.
But, I will try to see if this is one of them and i'll tell you.

Edit:
No download link behind the "download now" button. Sorry to spoil the fun, it's a fake.
proof:
Spoiler:

Sorry, but did you actually try to click the button?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Hi everyone I found this 3DS emulator and it seems VERY legitimate, can someone download it and tell me whether it's just another scam or whatnot...
Link:here
(and if it is legitimate, can someone upload it to MediaFire or RapidShare so that anyone could download it without going through the mess of unlocking a survey...).

There currently are not any 3DS emulators. It's not. If there was one released there would be a lot of news about it.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 31, 2013
I'm pretty sure that there is no such thing as a 3DS emulator at this current moment

That link is most likely a scam/virus and i would advise not clicking on it

Question, How do i hide/show a sprite using a flag set elsewhere? Do i make a level script that checks flags?

Last edited:

Winter Wonderland

Puts the fun in dysfunctional
Years
Evolution problem. Whenever I get to an evolution, it'll play the entire animation of evolving, and it'll tell me that my Pokemon evolved into the next Pokemon, but then it'll freeze once you press A to continue. Any help?

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Evolution problem. Whenever I get to an evolution, it'll play the entire animation of evolving, and it'll tell me that my Pokemon evolved into the next Pokemon, but then it'll freeze once you press A to continue. Any help?
Did you use the hack that allows you to evolve pokemon from the national dex without having it?

Eren Jaeger

Pianoist
Years
I'm pretty sure that there is no such thing as a 3DS emulator at this current moment

That link is most likely a scam/virus and i would advise not clicking on it

Question, How do i hide/show a sprite using a flag set elsewhere? Do i make a level script that checks flags?

I don't understand some of the things you said. But this is what I understand.
Checkflag at the start and setflag in the end of the script. hidesprite before the setflag.

Code:
#Dynamic 0x(offset)
#org @start
checkflag 0x(flag)
[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"][B](insert script here)[/B][/COLOR]
hidesprite 0x(sprite number)
setflag 0x(flag)

apply the flag onto the sprite on a advance map. The sprite should be hidden
after the end of the script.

if the sprite is hidden then do the same thing but showsprite now.

Code:
#Dynamic 0x(offset)
#org @start
checkflag 0x(flag)
[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"][B](insert script here)[/B][/COLOR]
showsprite 0x(sprite number)
setflag 0x(flag)

it should clearly work without a doubt.

Eren Jaeger

Pianoist
Years
I have a question.
Is there any engine like JPAN's engine (Fire red)
does Ruby, sapphire & emerald have one too like that kind of engine?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I have a question.

Not that I know of. =/

Patches I had were decap, skip gender choice, and maaaybe a no-trade evolution patch. I'm thinking most likely that's where the problem lies.

Check the patch and see the offset the patches changes. I'll quote miksy91's comment when I had a rather patch-identical trouble...

Hopefully I remember right that I mentioned you to check what the ips-file does with a hex editor. If this is the case, create an ips-file between the your current buggy rom and the latest one that doesn't have the bug. Open the ips-file with a hex editor and the go to offset 0x5 (five first bytes are PATCH in ASCII code and have nothing to do with the "changing the rom" itself). The bytes in offsets from 0x5 to 0x7 determine the first offset in the "unmodified" rom to write new data to. If that offset is smaller than 6B 09 F8 (blank data FF FF FF... starts here in Ruby (U) rom), go to that offset with a hex editor (if it is for example 0A C7 23 = 0xAC723) and see what's written in there in "umodified" and "modified (buggy)" rom. You can easily change that data back to normal. After the 3-byte offset (in ips-file), there are always two bytes telling how many bytes to re-write in that offset and after these two bytes, the bytes to write there.

Sorry, but did you actually try to click the button?

As good as it sounds, no, it's fake.
Even if there's a ROM for X and Y, there is no 3ds emulator for them.
And what makes it even more clear to be fake is that the download link asks you to complete a survey first. The uploader makes money from people who completes those said surveys. Therefore, there is a high chance that the uploader is using the X and Y hype to milk some money.

But if you're persistent, then why don't you download it and upload it to MediaFire or some other file-hosting sites if it really is VERY legitimate?

Last edited:

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Does anyone know of some good cheating tool that generates Pokémon with specific IVs, nature, EVs, moves, ... for FireRed?? (like PokeGen for DPP, HGSS, BW, BW2)

Pokemon Encyclopedia is the only one I know of.

You can for sure expand the sprite table.
Just take the offset of the first sprite, make a pointer of it, search this
string in the hex editor and repoint the table.
Only hard thing would be setting up the new table..
Thats what I guess, but im not sure.

You are right, except on one thing. You also need to hack the limiter bytes that prevent an overdraw from the table. If you don't do this, then even if you do expand the table, the new sprite still won't work.

Ah sorry you meant Overworlds..
Well that requires an engine-hack, such as JPANS engine..

ooooo, this thing will keep me busy a while :D Thanks a bunch :)

Me and Darthatron worked on a tutorial for adding new OWs to any game, with a 255 limit. Anything higher can only be done on FR with JPAN's engine (unless you port it, which wouldn't be too hard since the code is almost exactly the same between the two games.)

I have a question.

No. However, the entire engine is completely open source and can be ported. I have ported some parts of it to Ruby, FR(French), and Emerald.

I also have a thread on PHO detailing all of it's bugs and how to fix them.

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hi everyone I found this 3DS emulator and it seems VERY legitimate, can someone download it and tell me whether it's just another scam or whatnot...
Link:here
(and if it is legitimate, can someone upload it to MediaFire or RapidShare so that anyone could download it without going through the mess of unlocking a survey...).
1) Why don't YOU try it? =)
2) No, there's no 3DS emulator and may not be in the near future.

blue

gucci
Years
I'm currently working on a small sideshow project and I've got a list of Pokémon that have been inserted into the game. This list contains 589 Pokémon that I've registered and noted down, excluding the legendaries there should be a total of 602. This means I'm missing 13 non-legendary Pokémon from the list, I've tried for the life of me to figure it out but I just can't get those final Pokémon. If somebody could notify me of the missing Pokémon, I'd be very grateful!

Spoiler:

ep!c

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2015
Lol guys, can someone check out whether you can open a ROM
with AdvanceMap 1.92, patched with JPANS engine?
That doesnt work for me lel.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Lol guys, can someone check out whether you can open a ROM
with AdvanceMap 1.92, patched with JPANS engine?
That doesnt work for me lel.

Yes you can. I have done it many times. You may have corrupted A-Maps Ini files.

I'm currently working on a small sideshow project and I've got a list of Pokémon that have been inserted into the game. This list contains 589 Pokémon that I've registered and noted down, excluding the legendaries there should be a total of 602. This means I'm missing 13 non-legendary Pokémon from the list, I've tried for the life of me to figure it out but I just can't get those final Pokémon. If somebody could notify me of the missing Pokémon, I'd be very grateful!

Spoiler:

Go to Bulbapedia's list of Pokemon and check them off one by one. There is no way you will find it just by staring at this list all day.

Last edited:
Years
@Suicune™:
  • Your list contains both Marill and Marril... you need to remove Marril.
  • Your list contains both Remoraid and remoraid... you need to remove remoraid.
  • You mispelled Zorua, Spinarak, Kricketot, and Kricketune. (Your mispells: Zoura, Spinirak, Kriketot, and Kriketune)
  • Also, you spelled Wingull wingull, you might want to fix this too.
  • Some Pokémon are repeated:
Spoiler:

So, here are the Pokémon your list does not contain (don't forget to fix the errors I mentioned above):
Spoiler:

Legendaries:
Spoiler:

------------------------------------------------------------​

@awipe1, you're not using NSE 2.0 correctly I think... or probably you're hacking FireRed 1.1??
Anyway, try with APE.
  • Open your ROM.
  • Type in offset 00E76EBC (for male backsprite) or 00E76EE4 (for female backsprite)
  • Check the Compressed Palette option.
  • Click Load button.
  • Export the palette (Actual Palette).
  • Import the exported palette in the editable area (Changed Palette).
  • Edit the exported palette (You may need to use APE's color picker).
  • Click Replace button.
  • See if it worked...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2023
I need help.. I want to arrive at my mom's house (In the game) and then from that point to heal my pokemon. Is this in script? If so, I don't know it because when I panic and loose a battle, I'll end up in the walls of the battle/trade center in the Pokemon center.

Years
iZackefx, you're probably using JPAN's hacked engine or some other engine that features a modification to the setHealingPlace.
If you're using JPAN's hacked engine then refer to his documentation where he explains the changes he made to the setHealingPlace.

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2023
Thanks, Kurupika Now, how would I put that into XSE?
( I have an Idea)

#dynamic 8x00000

#org $script
sethealingplace 0x01
end

Would this be it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back