• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sparks & Shocks - Electric Rodents Fanclub! ϟ

Years
Did any one of you guys pick up Pikachu in the beginning of X or Y since he was available early? If so, did you use him/her on your team?

Like Windy, I don't have the games yet but I might use Pika during the early part of the game until I pick up better Pokemon, especially after I found out he has a type advantage against both of Viola's Pokemon since their second types make them weak to Electric attacks.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Did any one of you guys pick up Pikachu in the beginning of X or Y since he was available early? If so, did you use him/her on your team? If you don't have X or Y yet, do you have plans to use Pikachu and its line?

I do not have X or Y yet. I probably am getting an Electric-type with higher defenses as Pikachu's is way too low and gets in the way. Definitely picking it up though.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Did any one of you guys pick up Pikachu in the beginning of X or Y since he was available early? If so, did you use him/her on your team? If you don't have X or Y yet, do you have plans to use Pikachu and its line?

I dont have X or Y yet but i will have pikachu on my team bcuz i dont use pikachu much.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Username: atif :3
Partner Rodent (choose one): my bby pichu. :>
Answer the Topic:

What do you think of Dedenne, the new electric rodent introduced in the 6th Generation?

Hmm... I'm not sure about it. Yeah it's cute and all but seriously it should of have gotten an evolution! It's been 3 generations since we haven't got a electric rodent who evolves. I think it's due time, although it is capable of standing on it's own! :>

But the new Fairy Type added makes it even cuter as a electric rodent. It still doesn't beat my bby Pichu, but it's definitely 2nd in line. All because of that Part-Electric and Part-Fairy. I could imagine it being used much more if it had gained an evolution, but it's movepool is okay as it is now! <3

I have both X/Y. I did not bother catching Pikachu for some reason early-game, maybe because when I first found it I made it faint. I did catch one in X, though. I kept it on my team until around the 2nd Gym, which then I deposited into the PC Box since I planned to get a Jolteon. I really wanted a Raichu though, kinda a shame. :<

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Oh, I want to join! Pachirisu and Dedenne are the two cutest!!

Username: Burce Banner
Partner Rodent: Dedenne
Answer the Topic: I think a little mousy is introduced each nwe generation. Last gen. we had emolga, this gen. we have dedenne. Dedenne is like a rival to pichu, and a little brother to Pikachu. Dedenne and Bonnie are so cute in the anime; Pikachu watches out for dedenne too which is awesome.

Spoiler:

^lol

Years
Meeeembers! So happy to have more peeps here. :D You've all been added a while ago, I just didn't get around to saying it yet haha.

& I agree, Bruce! Dedenne kills me with its cuteness in the anime and it fits so well with Bonnie. I love how she always carries the little guy in her bag. Though now that I think about it.. Dedenne does resemble Marill and Raichu, to the point where it's a little strange. I think in my Pokemon Y file (whenever I get it) I'll save a spot for Dedenne on my team since I used Raichu in my Pokemon X playthrough. :)

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Meeeembers! So happy to have more peeps here. :D You've all been added a while ago, I just didn't get around to saying it yet haha.

& I agree, Bruce! Dedenne kills me with its cuteness in the anime and it fits so well with Bonnie. I love how she always carries the little guy in her bag. Though now that I think about it.. Dedenne does resemble Marill and Raichu, to the point where it's a little strange. I think in my Pokemon Y file (whenever I get it) I'll save a spot for Dedenne on my team since I used Raichu in my Pokemon X playthrough. :)
Yeah! Dedenne really matches with Bonnie, it also has the cutie pie face! I should use Dedenne, but I didn't use it unfortunately... but I will be using it on my next playthrough! :>

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Did any one of you guys pick up Pikachu in the beginning of X or Y since he was available early? If so, did you use him/her on your team?
I did capture it while I was on Route 3, but put 'em into my PC after the fourth gym battle and replaced it with another Pokémon. It was an okay Pikachu, but it had Adamant nature, though, which isn't that great. It takes away few of your Special Attack to boost your Attack stat, but Pikachu doesn't have that much of a physical-based moves in its arsenal, unfortunately. d: Quick Attack and Volt Switch are its only good physical attacks, and the rest aren't very useful at all.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Did any one of you guys pick up Pikachu in the beginning of X or Y since he was available early? If so, did you use him/her on your team?[/B

No, but I wish I had. He would have been helpful with the first few gyms, because froakie then frogadier were my main pokemon for them. Pikachu would have been great backup for Viola's and Clemont's gym. Overall though, pikachu didn't seem so strong so I decided not to catch him.

Years
I used Pikachu myself! :) Evolved the little guy into Raichu and she served me well up until the end of the story. I'm going to breed more Pichu as soon as I find a timid Pikachu to use as a parent. Raichu is definitely high up there in my favorite electric rodents list (and favorite electric period, in all honesty) so I plan to use another in my team. That and Dedenne and Emolga!

Captain Oshawott

The Otter Pirate
Years
Sorry for the severe inactivity on my part, I nearly forgot that I was a member of this club o_O .

To answer the current topic, I actually do not currently own a 3DS or X/Y game currently. However, when I eventually get my hands on the game, my goal is to catch a Pikachu when first available and use it in my team.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Ooh wow. A few hours ago, I was hunting in the safari to find some shinies, hoping to find a Shiny Electabuzz. But instead, after 3-4 hours of hunting I found a cute Shiny Dedenne! I seriously love this thing; it looks amazing in it's shiny colour. I'm so proud :3

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Username: MIAU
Partner Rodent (choose one): Pikachu
Answer the Topic:

Actually I got a Pikachu from the Wonder Trade, and my boyfriend, who knows nothing about Pokemon except for bits that he saw in the anime, got excited because he didn't know Pikachu was available in the game. It's kinda his Pokemon now, since he's the one who's been training him; he even wanted to nickname him {XD}

I am training my own Pikachu right now, in LeafGreen. Her name is Sweet Corn and she was (almost!) able to beat Lt. Surge's Raichu after he used Double Team a few times and paralyzed her! We got really lucky I mean, she really wanted to beat that Raichu!

Ooh wow. A few hours ago, I was hunting in the safari to find some shinies, hoping to find a Shiny Electabuzz. But instead, after 3-4 hours of hunting I found a cute Shiny Dedenne! I seriously love this thing; it looks amazing in it's shiny colour. I'm so proud :3

Congrats on your find, Shiny Dedenne looks adorable :)

Years
Oh boy, I almost thought I didn't add you to the members list since I didn't see your name there, Oshawott, but then I realized you had changed your username. Shame on me!

& Welcome to the club, MIAU. <3 Pikachu fans are always welcome, he'll always be one of my very favorites and the first electric rodent I truly got attached to. Really cute how your boyfriend enjoyed using it so much. Sweet Corn is an adorable nickname. :)

But time for a new topic to get this place goin'!

Have you ever used Emolga or Pachirisu on your teams?

I tried using Pachirisu when I just got Diamond but as cute as he was, he was also so weak so it was difficult to do any damage. Was forced to box mine. :( Emolga is a whole different story to me, though! Acrobatics was super strong if it wasn't holding an item (110 power); it had a much better movepool than Pachirisu.

Years

I used a Pachirisu in my first play of Pearl, in fact I went into the game blind. I had no knowledge of any new Sinnoh Pokemon, aside from the starters and Dialga/Palkia I think. This led to me having a very unusual team picked out of random stuff I wanted to use, and yeah Dawn having a Pachirisu in the anime inspired me to try one out for myself. It did quite well I even had no idea its stats weren't that good in the first place.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've used both. They were both cute-looking in terms of design, but when it came to battling though, they, unfortunately, weren't that great. ): Their movepools were quite limited, and their stats were that great either. If they were a little higher perhaps, then they definitely would have been more useful.

Years

I used a Pachirisu in my first play of Pearl, in fact I went into the game blind. I had no knowledge of any new Sinnoh Pokemon, aside from the starters and Dialga/Palkia I think. This led to me having a very unusual team picked out of random stuff I wanted to use, and yeah Dawn having a Pachirisu in the anime inspired me to try one out for myself. It did quite well I even had no idea its stats weren't that good in the first place.

That's pretty awesome! I wish I'd went into the game blind, but I did go in blind when it came to Pachirisu's stats. After a while I realized I couldn't really handle the cutie pie doing barely any damage. Shame because it had potential. ;o;

I've used both. They were both cute-looking in terms of design, but when it came to battling though, they, unfortunately, weren't that great. ): Their movepools were quite limited, and their stats were that great either. If they were a little higher perhaps, then they definitely would have been more useful.

Aw; I found Emolga pretty good. Acrobatics swept most 'mons that I encountered that weren't resistant to flying despite its relatively low stats. :3

Pachirisu has base 45 attack and special attack whereas Emolga's is 75, which isn't too bad. But the 45s.. ugh. Totally unexpected for Pachirisu to have base 90 special defense, though, and at one point I remember it walling one of my special attackers during the Diamond/Pearl days.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022

I was kinda trying to dodge the question, since I haven't used either of them. To be fair though, I've recently started playing Platinum for the first time, and it's a challenge with the team designated by someone else, so I'll say pass to Pachirisu for now. As for Emolga, she was pretty elusive in the wild (unless you were training against Audino), so I never caught one, plus there were other Pokemon I wanted to use in Unova. However, I always thought of Emolga as a good Pokemon, she has a pretty solid typing and well, I lost big time to Elesa's two Emolga when I first challenged the Nimbasa Gym, so...

Years

I was kinda trying to dodge the question, since I haven't used either of them. To be fair though, I've recently started playing Platinum for the first time, and it's a challenge with the team designated by someone else, so I'll say pass to Pachirisu for now. As for Emolga, she was pretty elusive in the wild (unless you were training against Audino), so I never caught one, plus there were other Pokemon I wanted to use in Unova. However, I always thought of Emolga as a good Pokemon, she has a pretty solid typing and well, I lost big time to Elesa's two Emolga when I first challenged the Nimbasa Gym, so...

Elesa's Emolgas were a pretty big pain; curse the Volt Switch, hah. So I can totally understand where you're coming from!

Anyways, topic time yaaaay. Which shiny electric rodent is your favorite?

172.gif
025.gif
026.gif
311.gif
312.gif
417.gif
587.gif
dedenne_shiny_sprite_by_vale98pm_by_vale98pm-d6tdqlh.png

(Dedenne looks like it's floating. Sorry 'denne, you don't have an official animated shiny sprite!)

Back