• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicTH

Crazy Sonic and Poke-fan
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 30, 2011
Guys,help me please...I can't save my LeafGreen game...
ee9ddc1e45b9.bmp

What I have to do?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Save error,and...Nothing...
(((

Since this is an emulation question in a way, I don't think it's aloud ;o;

But I'll answer anyway; Open up VBA, go to,

Options -> Emulator -> Save Type -> Click 128K or something, it should be under 64. It should save then.

SonicTH

Crazy Sonic and Poke-fan
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 30, 2011
Or just use VBA's save states which work much better anyway.

I wanted to play with my friend (VBA Link),but this ver. can't read save files from another VBA...(Emulator save files).That's why I want GAME save file.

Options -> Emulator -> Save Type -> Click 128K or something, it should be under 64. It should save then.

I tried ... It does not help

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Okay guys, seriously. If someone's having trouble with emulators or ROMs, please refer them to the Emulation forum where they can probably get better and quicker help.

Years
I'm trying to hatch a shiny Shuppet in Ruby.
If the egg only has one step left until it actually hatches, can I soft-reset and keep taking that one step until it hatches into a shiny, or is the shininess determined from when you first get the egg?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
In the Battle Frontier in Pokemon Emerald, are pokemon over level 50 downgraded to level 50 or are they just plain not allowed?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
They'll be elegible for open battle, iirc. But they won't be allowed in the level 50 ones, no.

Years
I'm trying to hatch a shiny Shuppet in Ruby.
If the egg only has one step left until it actually hatches, can I soft-reset and keep taking that one step until it hatches into a shiny, or is the shininess determined from when you first get the egg?

It is when you first get the egg.
save it before you get the egg from the,
old man. make sure you have empty boxes.
and keep hatching till you get a shiny

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2022
I'm playing saphire version and I am going to start my first ever form of EV training.

Can somebody just give me a quick rundown of how to EV train effectively on pokemon saphire?

Can I EV train any low level pokemon or do I have to breed and start at level 5? And when do you stop EV training on a pokemon? How do I know that my pokemon are gaining EV's after a battle?

Some help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks guys.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'm playing saphire version and I am going to start my first ever form of EV training.

Can somebody just give me a quick rundown of how to EV train effectively on pokemon saphire?

Can I EV train any low level pokemon or do I have to breed and start at level 5? And when do you stop EV training on a pokemon? How do I know that my pokemon are gaining EV's after a battle?

Some help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks guys.
Basically, when you beat a Pokemon, you get an EV based on its strongest stat; for example, if you beat a Zigzagoon, you get 1 Speed EV.

It's best to EV train a Pokemon as soon as you obtain it it, at any level, regardless if you caught it in the wild or if you hatched it from an egg. You won't know if a Pokemon gains EVs right away; you'll know when it levels up and you see a huge increase in the stat you're training at. Since the summary screen doesn't show the Pokemon's EVs, you'll have to keep track of them yourself.

There's a girl in Slateport City who'll tell you if your Pokemon's EVs are maxed out or not. If they are, you'll get the Effort Ribbon.

You stop if your Pokemon gains 510 EVs.

http://www.serebii.net/games/evs.shtml Here's a list of the places in the Gen III games where you can EV train.

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2022
Basically, when you beat a Pokemon, you get an EV based on its strongest stat; for example, if you beat a Zigzagoon, you get 1 Speed EV.

It's best to EV train a Pokemon as soon as you obtain it it, at any level, regardless if you caught it in the wild or if you hatched it from an egg. You won't know if a Pokemon gains EVs right away; you'll know when it levels up and you see a huge increase in the stat you're training at. Since the summary screen doesn't show the Pokemon's EVs, you'll have to keep track of them yourself.

There's a girl in Slateport City who'll tell you if your Pokemon's EVs are maxed out or not. If they are, you'll get the Effort Ribbon.

You stop if your Pokemon gains 510 EVs.

http://www.serebii.net/games/evs.shtml Here's a list of the places in the Gen III games where you can EV train.

Thanks mate, I really appreciate the feedback.

Lucifer

Fallen1
Years
Hi PC
So I have started a Leaf Green ROM file, and all my pokemon have poor defense so I want to gameshark some iron into the mart. Does anyone have a working gameshark code for buying any item in a mart?

I have already googled, and only one place I found has one, suoercheats, but it doesn't work.

Years
Hey guys!
I've played Pokemon for years and just now decided to get back on it.
For some reason it just got hella popular among high schoolers in my area.
Anyways, my normal lineup:
- Charizard: Flamethrower, Rock slide, Metal Claw, Wing Attack
- Pidgeot: Ariel Ace, Fly, Wing Attack, Steel Wing
- Garydos: Dragon Rage, Surf, Water Pulse, Bite
- Nidoking: Surf, Strength, Counter, Poison Sting
- Alakazam: Psychic, Psybeam, Future Sight, Shockwave
- Jolteon (Just evolved): Quick Attack, Sand-Attack, Helping Hand, etc...

Anything I should change?
I was thinking about putting in Lapras...

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Hi PC
So I have started a Leaf Green ROM file, and all my pokemon have poor defense so I want to gameshark some iron into the mart. Does anyone have a working gameshark code for buying any item in a mart?

I have already googled, and only one place I found has one, suoercheats, but it doesn't work.

Were not aloud to give out AR codes here, your best bet is to just Google it. \:

Hey guys!
I've played Pokemon for years and just now decided to get back on it.
For some reason it just got hella popular among high schoolers in my area.
Anyways, my normal lineup:
- Charizard: Flamethrower, Rock slide, Metal Claw, Wing Attack
- Pidgeot: Ariel Ace, Fly, Wing Attack, Steel Wing
- Garydos: Dragon Rage, Surf, Water Pulse, Bite
- Nidoking: Surf, Strength, Counter, Poison Sting
- Alakazam: Psychic, Psybeam, Future Sight, Shockwave
- Jolteon (Just evolved): Quick Attack, Sand-Attack, Helping Hand, etc...

Anything I should change?
I was thinking about putting in Lapras...

Your team seems pretty balanced, but Gyarados does get shafted a bit since most of his moves are special, so his amazing attack can't take advantage of it. I'd switch for Lapras If I were you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back