• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

No$GBA Vs. Desmume

No$gba Vs. Desmume

• No$GBA

Votes: 284 45.2%
  • Desmume

Votes: 345 54.8%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2011
has anyone tryed iDeaS? i herd its a super emulator

Nah!!!! It's sucks!!!!! Even with my last PC it's still doesn't work!!!!!!!

Nidrax

I'm starting with hex editing
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 18, 2015
Some people were talking about DesMu stability... That's a ********. My Japanese HG ROM was crashing on DesMu every 5 minutes, and on No$GBA not once! Yes, DesMu have smoother rendering engine and no 3D errors in title screen, but it got buggy when I used the camera angle cheat in HeartGold, while Nocash doesn't.
And when playing Pokemon Black, the differences in rendering are inappreciable, but DesMu was working slow even in battle (what doesn't happen with HeartGold).

Perhaps DesMu is better, but it works to slow on my PC (about 60%-70% of real speed), so I prefer No$GBA.

Rayziken 2

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2016
I believe that Desmume is better as although slow at times, it supports more complicated games in terms of graphics like B/W.

The only problem is that I can't play HG because the character and Cyndaquil overworlds glitched up and the game freezes when the black screen to change scenes/ enter battle appears.

Shea Man

Karakuri Dôji Ultimo Fanboy
Years
I've used No$GBA before, and my games wouldn't save. For instance, I was playing Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness. I tried saving, but it 404'd me (metaphorically) and I had to restart. I tried using AR cheats, but it didn't take, so I RAGEQUIT that. I'll try DeSMuMe tommorrow when I get a new laptop. In fact, I'll try both.

DnP

Years
you guys know what i found for no$gba, after i save the game without closing the game, it doesnt save?
that is because i have a error box pop out

Beside Desmume is way better, there are wi-fi, dream world entralink

so i perfer desmume

im using wifi on emulator right now. thats my friend code there.

175 no$gba 54% -_-
149 desmume 45%

seriously why people like no$gba

do they even know there is wi-fi in desmume

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Well the liking of No$ is because... you don't have to pay! xD Okay, that was lame joke =D Anyways, I think most of the voters chose No$ because it's quicker and DeSmuME did not have Wi-Fi feature it has now =)

blakfyr999

PWNGE Trainer
Years
Have been using No$GA for at least a year now....I say....Desmume. After strolling across this forum discussion, and signing up, I did a little testing on my own. I wanted to see if DSemu really lived up to the review and hype. So loaded with an arsenal of oth DSEmu and No$, I tested three games. SoulSilver, Platinum, White.

These are my computer's specs:

Intel H55 Express Chipset
Intel i3 (1st Generation) 550 (3.2GHz)
4GB (2x2) DDR3 PC2-10600
Intel HD Integrated Graphics

Now, I had spent the last 2 weeks trying to get these games working perfectly on No$! And I made little if any progress on this! I still had some major freezing issues, especially with SoulSilver and White. These ranged from random error messages to simply stopping. like nothing happened. Music still played, even animations continued. But whatever was supposed to happen, never did. Whatever. (And no, saving didn't help at all with the crashing! It would only save when you exited, intentionally.

....So I got DSemu. I loaded White first, and used the main screen of Zekrom as an original test basis. No$ would play it, but up to that point, the bottom screen didn't show Zekrom and his undisputed awesomeness. Indisputable. Anyways, I only got three or so green lines of error-ness. And right there frame-rate halved. (It came back after you loaded your game, though)

...With DSemu. I saw Zekrom. And moreover, it was at 60 fps. So I started a new game, and the first thing I noticed was it started, immediately. After a good minute of crash free playing and tweaking, I actually got it to looking like the DS version by getting rid of the black lining around the battle scene. Awesome. And this went with every other version.

BUT!.....In white, with a standard ROM, EXP was broken. Other than that, still great, and that can be fixed....and I'm workin on it. Someone PM me a solution. Not in the mood for Googling.

Platinum held no to little change outside the lining was gone (YES!), the no more random crashing mid-adventure, and the minor fluxing in the tree line. Also the barely there dots on the floor. Still much better.

As for Soul Silver.....Perfect. Me and Ariga (Chikorita) are so happy LOL.

DSEmu only defects are the holes, and the slow saves, and the White EXP Epidemic. Nothing major. And they update DSEmu more often supposedly. (I wouldn' know, having been using No$GBA 2.6 for a year. I will miss NO$ZOOMER though....

AS for general speed?...tie, but who gives a fig-newton?...OK I do a LITTLE....

So DSEmu FTW

==============
AWESOME UPDATE
==============

I Just got White going with EXP and no crashing (so far) so yeah....DeSemuMe for the world.....yeah....

Last edited:
Years
Desmume wins only with Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 3 - because of save states and possibility for save in-game. For the rest games, No$ is just awesome.

I also think no$GBA is the best route to go with an emulator. I have had little issues with it while using it in-game for Pokemon games or hacks on here. I can use other games not related to Pokemon and it loads and works like a charm.

Years
Desmume works better for me.
It can sometimes be slow but that's only if I doing more then 5 things at once.

You have to patch the later Pokemon games with NO$GBA so they don't crash.

So my vote is on Desmume.

But at the end of the day, It's down to personal preference.

faospark

web Developer
Years
NO$ is such a thing of the past

I mean it does not take a lot of time to set up desmume, though it is pretty much RAM dependent. the compatibility of desmume for game cannot be rivaled by NO$GBA. Die Hard NO$GBA fans better re-think. I am once in their league but that was 3 years ago.Desmume has catapulted way beyond No$ gba

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
I voted for DeSmuMe because Black and White has an overall nicer graphics on it. All I see is broken lines when there are supposed to be shadows in No$Gba

slasherjdc

Slacker
Years
Desmume for sure i can run almost all ds games at 200% speed on it :P(except black with at 150%)
coupled with its stability it easily wins

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2013
Desmume for sure i can run almost all ds games at 200% speed on it :P(except black with at 150%)
coupled with its stability it easily wins
I understand that it's your preference, but from my experience No$ is more stable then Desmume, but it could just be working differently for different people. I chose No$, because trying to play on wifi with Desmume is so obtuse and annoying with my internet set up that I'd rather just play Pokemon online.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
That's weird. DeSMUME works faster for me rather than No$GBA... Probably my wacky computer since I use a Windows, which is getting pretty old now that I think about it.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
That's weird. DeSMUME works faster for me rather than No$GBA... Probably my wacky computer since I use a Windows, which is getting pretty old now that I think about it.

DeSMUme is under active development and probably has optimizations slipped in all the time. It's also a whole lot more accurate and bug-free than no$GBA (which seems to be abandoned).

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2012
Does anyone of these support trading with oneself (for evolutions) ?

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2018
Does anyone of these support trading with oneself (for evolutions) ?

Not that I know of. At least not within the same comp and without internet. Don't think Desmume can be used to trade online either. Don't quote me on that though. Haven't really tried to use Desmume's 'wifi' option. In fact, I would love to be proven wrong about that :P

Back