• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

lol

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
On the internet, do you use lol/XD/etc too much?
I say lol waaaaaay too much for my own good, lol (godamnit sfmkspgfnsrnkp). I don't like using XD, so is the default 'word' I use if I want to express my laughter. Which is funny, because I usually don't laugh even when I write lol, it's just a force of habit... lol.
i have a problem, help me betty ford

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
To me, 'lol' is some type of awkward filler word that people use when they don't know what else to say. It didn't used to be that way, but that's what it seems like now days. XD So I don't use it unless it's along with something, where you can tell its a joke. Like "lol I know what you mean. xD"
Though, if my entire reply is "lol", I feel like an uninterested jerk. /shot

So I don't use 'lol' much, just 'xD'

This is different than actually going "OMG LOL". Somehow caps give it a different feel.

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
To me, 'lol' is some type of awkward filler word that people use when they don't know what else to say.
That's...exactly how I use it. lol

Which means I'm not really laughing when I do it. When I laugh I use the normal 'hahaha' instead. 'LOL' is something I use whenever I see something surprising, so I'm rather shocked than actually entertained.

As for 'xD', I use it either as a reserve for ';D' or for cases of misunderstanding.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2013
I don't use lol a whole lot anymore since I see it as something one says when they have nothing better to say. XD or XD; is something that I'm starting to phase out as well, but I still use it from time to time. Generally if I want to indicate laugher, I'll go "haha" which I've overused to death but whatever.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
I use, xD; a lot. I don't tend to use lol though.

Melody

Banned
Years
I use 'XD' quite often myself. 'lol' is also common, because it's second to 'XD'.

I also tend to use things like :3 or ;3. I like my emotes to be a little more expressive of my mood. ;p

Years
I don't use lol too often. Usually only with people I'm comfortable with as a sign that I'm willing to forgo my normal grammar Nazi tendencies and be more relaxed with them.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I don't really use the term 'lol'. I may use 'lulz' which is similar, but these days when 'm not using 'xD' (which I've been trying to use less often outside of instant messaging it isn't going to well, haha) I would usually use 'haha'. That or 'heh', but that's usually when I don't have anything else to say. So yeah, it kind of makes me sound like a jerk, but I guess it also gives a hint that I'm not too interested in the conversation that is taking place. Now 'heehee' or 'hehe' are another matter... I think?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Seeing as most of my online conversations revolve around joke exchanges I use lol and lmao often. Don't bother with the rest, I have nothing against them though. It is annoying when someone *****es at me for saying lol.

Years
I use "LOL" a lotttt... too much even I bet >_>; But yeah, I don't mind that I have an obsession with it since most people I speak with use it just as much anyway. I tend to use it when I don't have much else to say; it's a good filler word as some people have already stated. I don't actually laugh irl when I use it, though.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
I rarely use lol and don't really like it when people use it with me.
I don't use XD at all. Hate it when people do that, especially if they make it a XD;. I don't even know what that means and it's just annoying as **** to look at.
:3 is even more annoying than the above.
I use lmao and haha alll the time, though.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
I rarely use both of those, but I usually say 'lol' if I find something funny and I tend to say 'rofl' or just a simple 'ha' instead.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
I probably use lol too much, it's just my go-to if something is even remotely funny. Hell, even if its not I'll use lol, lol.

I used to use XD a ton but not really anymore. I've gone back to using lmao and lmfao and rofl occasionally.

BareBones

The kids are all messed up.
Years
I rarely abbreviate things. I never use 'lol' unless I'm being sarcastic and saying no. For example,
"Help me do my homework?"
"Lol."
If I find something amusing I'll either use 'xD' or say 'Ha', 'Haha', 'Heh', 'Hehe' or something similar.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Usually not on thread posts. But when I chat on Facebook or MSN or whatever I may overuse it.

Back