• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you straightedge?

Years
Yes. Well, not so much the drinking; if given the choice, I'd take an alcoholic drink (in decent amounts, I don't drink to get drunk or anything), but I don't actively go after such things. Money and all that.

The rest though, definitely yes by choice. Or maybe not so much even choice as the fact I've never felt the desire to express myself in those ways. I'm kind of boring like that, I know. :P

AChipOffTheOldBrock

Too Legit To Quit
Years
  • Age 27
  • NC
  • Seen Feb 18, 2021
I think being "straight edge" is kind of gay. Probably, because at my old school the wannabe punk kids who didnt get invited to parties and couldnt get any hookups went straight edge. I smoke weed a lot and dabble in other drugs every once in a while. I dont drink much, partly because I hate the taste of alcohol and Im not really too fond of being drunk anyway and partly because alcoholism is very prevalent in my family. I pretty much do whatever I want regardless of what Im told is right. I do drugs for fun, out of boredom, or to cope with my Bipolar Disorder. I dont really see any point in not doing drugs/drinking. I think the reason a lot of people dont partake is ignorance. For those of you who have never done drugs and want to, do it, but be smart about it.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
I think being "straight edge" is kind of gay. Probably, because at my old school the wannabe punk kids who didnt get invited to parties and couldnt get any hookups went straight edge. I smoke weed a lot and dabble in other drugs every once in a while. I dont drink much, partly because I hate the taste of alcohol and Im not really too fond of being drunk anyway and partly because alcoholism is very prevalent in my family. I pretty much do whatever I want regardless of what Im told is right. I do drugs for fun, out of boredom, or to cope with my Bipolar Disorder. I dont really see any point in not doing drugs/drinking. I think the reason a lot of people dont partake is ignorance. For those of you who have never done drugs and want to, do it, but be smart about it.
Are you saying that it's okay to break the law by using illegal drugs, and that it's "gay" if you don't?

I'm 100% straight, thank you very much. I don't like alcohol because of the effect it has on me, and cigarettes make me uncomfortable so I'm not going to try anything else. I also don't believe in sex before love, so... I don't get your point at all.

AChipOffTheOldBrock

Too Legit To Quit
Years
  • Age 27
  • NC
  • Seen Feb 18, 2021
Are you saying that it's okay to break the law by using illegal drugs, and that it's "gay" if you don't?

I'm 100% straight, thank you very much. I don't like alcohol because of the effect it has on me, and cigarettes make me uncomfortable so I'm not going to try anything else. I also don't believe in sex before love, so... I don't get your point at all.
Yeah I think its perfectly fine to break the law by using illegal drugs. I dont have much respect for the law, tbh. And i dont think its gay not to use drugs, just because of the way the "straight edge" movement was presented to me I dont have a very high opinion of it. I also dont like how condescending non-drug doing people are. If you dont want to do drugs more power to you but dont tell me what I should and shouldnt do, you know what I mean? Its not too hard of a point to get really. I believe in sex whenever and with whoever you want to. I also dont like the way alcohol makes me feel and I cant stand smoking cigarettes or being around people who are smoking.

droomph

weeb
Years
buh

I don't really, because I don't have the time and effort to.

I'll maybe get myself a juice or something but even drinking that's too exhausting for me so I can't imagine how it would be like with alcohol.

I don't judge people -on purpose-, however. They can do what they want. You know why? they're not me

And everything else I just find them boring. Time to play Pokémon, anyone?

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years
I don't do drugs, but I do drink at parties/other events and on weekends when I'm with mates.

As for people saying they don't do it because they "don't want to screw up their life," that's a bit of an exaggeration. A lot of successful millionares/billionares do drugs and drink repeatedly, especially singers. Both Steve Jobs and Bill Gates have done drugs.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
An important thing to makes sure of is that everybody here realises alcohol is just as much of a drug as meth.

I can't take anybody seriously who says they don't take drugs because they're bad but have no problem drinking alcohol.

I regularly take a number of drugs, purely recreationally, and find alcohol is the worst of the lot.

legaliseit420ahahahaha!111!11

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I don't drink alcohol or do drugs as I'm under the age where you can do it.

I once accidentally drunk some alcohol once and I nearly vomited, so I think I'll stick to my sodas and try it again until I'm older.

On the subject of drugs, no thank you I've already got We ♥ Katamari for that.

AChipOffTheOldBrock

Too Legit To Quit
Years
  • Age 27
  • NC
  • Seen Feb 18, 2021
An important thing to makes sure of is that everybody here realises alcohol is just as much of a drug as meth.

I can't take anybody seriously who says they don't take drugs because they're bad but have no problem drinking alcohol.

I regularly take a number of drugs, purely recreationally, and find alcohol is the worst of the lot.

legaliseit420ahahahaha!111!11
Truth^^^ Ive seen alcohol ruin the lives of many close family members.

And like Guillermo said drugs dont ruin your life. Most successful people do drugs.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I try to keep away from those things, as an eleven year old girl. In the future, tho, I still won't smoke, do drugs, or whatever. I'll probably be straight-edge for another sixty four years.

AChipOffTheOldBrock

Too Legit To Quit
Years
  • Age 27
  • NC
  • Seen Feb 18, 2021
I try to keep away from those things, as an eleven year old girl. In the future, tho, I still won't smoke, do drugs, or whatever. I'll probably be straight-edge for another sixty four years.

Thats what I said when I was a 10 year old fresh out of D.A.R.E. haha. God, that is an awful bit of government propaganda.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I keep away from most alcohol by choice in that I don't like the taste XD I consume only that which I enjoy, which is white wine, rose wine, Caesars, and occasionally champagne

Yes, no drugs by choice. Because it is plainly stupid.

Years
As far as I was aware, being straight edge was not only being smoke, drug and alcohol free, but also being a fan of hardcore punk/rock, too.

If that's the case, then no, I'm not straight edge. I have never smoked, drank or done any other sort of drugs, though, and don't have much intention to do so in the future. I've seen some people pretty close to me get into this sort of stuff and have it ruin their lives, and plus it can get pretty expensive even when done recreationally. As long as it's within reason, I've got no problem if someone else wants to smoke or drink (I even personally think that marijuana should be legalized and taxed), but it's just not for me.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
As far as I was aware, being straight edge was not only being smoke, drug and alcohol free, but also being a fan of hardcore punk/rock, too.
I didn't realize it was so closely tied to that music genre, but either way I am definitely straightedge.

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
Years
I find smoking and drugs repulsive so no I don't, nor do I have any intention, of ever doing them. I drink, yes, not to get drunk, but just because I like to have a drink, I'm perfectly capable of having a good time without drink but if there's alcohol available then yes, I'll have some.

As for being promiscuous, I'm not, so to speak, but that's not because I have any issue with it, I just don't want to be doing any sexual activities with anyone at this moment in tie.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
It can turn you into a completely different person

This is exactly the reason I don't drink alcohol anymore, I actually feel the least in control of what I say and do when I'm drunk.

Most other substances I still feel inherently myself while under the influence of them.

Twilight Sky

» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2013
I abstain from them, but I'm not 100% sure how to explain why. Personal values/morals, maybe? Drugs certainly aren't my thing, and though I don't have an issue with alcohol much, I prefer to stay away from it. >>;

Back