• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
Jambo51 said:
JPAN's hacked engine disables all behaviour byte ASM/scripts. You need to manually re-add the necessary scripts or ASM.

I suspected that this might be the case. Adding the surf script back in wasn't hard, but there is one annoying thing. If you click on a water tile with the re-inserted surf script, but DON'T have a pokemon with surf in your party, it still makes the clicking noise. Is there a way to stop this?

Thanks.

Herpahermaderp

I liek Mudkipz
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
Hi I was wondering what software would I use to edit the intro to the game like where it says fire red, and there is a charizard.

Also how do you edit the script of a trainer after you finish the battle.

You use unLZ, there are plenty tutorials on how to change the Charizard in the Tutorials section.

Rain Dancer

Wanderer
Years
I've been all day at this one..

Anyone know how to edit RLCN pallete files form a pokemon BW/B2W2 rom? It's just a few color lines out of the 256 colors that it has. Some colors are supposed to stay as they are.

Some programs just screw with the color order. Others, like Console tool 3.0, can't seem to save the edits, even though they display well.. And I don't think I have the time to go hex and surf through all those 256 colors.

And my second question.. I want to change some textures and palletes in BMD0 3D files from BW. Any program out there that can do this?

That's all.. x)

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2012
Hello everyone. I'm recently interested in just one aspect of editing a Pokemon Blue ROM. Ever since I was a kid I thought that the character sprite for Blue (Gary, your Rival, etc.) was always a lot cooler than Red (your default character). I would like to know if it is possible for me to swap these characters' sprites so that I can play the game as the sprite of Blue and my rival will be the sprite of Red?

I hope I explained what I am looking to do well enough. Your time is appreciated. Any details would be helpful as I am new to ROM hacking.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Hello everyone. I'm recently interested in just one aspect of editing a Pokemon Blue ROM. Ever since I was a kid I thought that the character sprite for Blue (Gary, your Rival, etc.) was always a lot cooler than Red (your default character). I would like to know if it is possible for me to swap these characters' sprites so that I can play the game as the sprite of Blue and my rival will be the sprite of Red?

I hope I explained what I am looking to do well enough. Your time is appreciated. Any details would be helpful as I am new to ROM hacking.
If you're not looking for correcting the sprites shown during battle, you can achieve this simply by using a tile layer editor, for example Tile Layer Pro.

Open the rom file with Tile Layer Pro, scroll down all the data until you run into the standing/walking sprites and replace those two with each other. If you're just going to play it yourself and not sharing the hack, I guess you don't have to worry about not having a right bicycle sprite. If you want to do something about the bicycle sprite as well, you're going to have to "re-write" it with Tile Layer Pro there.

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2012
If you're not looking for correcting the sprites shown during battle, you can achieve this simply by using a tile layer editor, for example Tile Layer Pro.

Open the rom file with Tile Layer Pro, scroll down all the data until you run into the standing/walking sprites and replace those two with each other. If you're just going to play it yourself and not sharing the hack, I guess you don't have to worry about not having a right bicycle sprite. If you want to do something about the bicycle sprite as well, you're going to have to "re-write" it with Tile Layer Pro there.

Thank you very much! I really do appreciate this. I spent a lot of time yesterday trying to find out how to swap the sprites, but had no luck until now. Thanks again!

waw

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2021
1. Adding evolutions to Eevee - Leafeon... trying to add this in on Pokemon Ruby with easy use of a Leafstone. Eevee currently has maxed evolutions. I have axed Plusle (good god not another pikachu!!!!) and placed in Leafeon, moves, pokedex, sprite, stats, all of that. I can make Leafeon breed into Eevee (using YAPE). I understand the game must be edited to allow room for an additional evolution. Not sure how to do this however.

2. Editing Birch in the into sequence (and Marill) can I replace him with another trainer sprite? I just can't find where he is. Went through UNLZ a dozen times and cannot find his image. Is there an opener program i could use?

3. Making all trainer battles repeatable - I have advance map, several others, making trainers, and setting up there events. But can I make it so that they can ask to battle again?

4. This is for the end of the game, but I would like to do a series of questions, yes making a battle start, no being a gift of items.

5. Pokemon Red/Blue had pokeballs where you could pick up very rare and unique pokemon (lapras, eevee)... is that possible in Ruby?

Doing searches, trying to find answers, but figure if I can get help along the way it won't hurt. Thank you!

TheOrangePichu

Currently working on new hack
Years
Hello, I was wondering how do you find the battle animations for a move? I repointed all the tables and everything and was wondering how you get battle animations for custom moves?

Brane

-
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 10, 2016
1. Adding evolutions to Eevee - Leafeon... trying to add this in on Pokemon Ruby with easy use of a Leafstone. Eevee currently has maxed evolutions. I have axed Plusle (good god not another pikachu!!!!) and placed in Leafeon, moves, pokedex, sprite, stats, all of that. I can make Leafeon breed into Eevee (using YAPE). I understand the game must be edited to allow room for an additional evolution. Not sure how to do this however.

2. Editing Birch in the into sequence (and Marill) can I replace him with another trainer sprite? I just can't find where he is. Went through UNLZ a dozen times and cannot find his image. Is there an opener program i could use?

3. Making all trainer battles repeatable - I have advance map, several others, making trainers, and setting up there events. But can I make it so that they can ask to battle again?

4. This is for the end of the game, but I would like to do a series of questions, yes making a battle start, no being a gift of items.

5. Pokemon Red/Blue had pokeballs where you could pick up very rare and unique pokemon (lapras, eevee)... is that possible in Ruby?

Doing searches, trying to find answers, but figure if I can get help along the way it won't hurt. Thank you!

1. Wouldn't have a clue. It would most likely involve ASM.

2. It should be in UNLZ, but you could try opening the ROM up in TileMolester. It will most definitely be in there.

3. You'd just have to delete the flag I'm fairly sure so that the script doesn't change no matter how many times it's used. If you want to have them ask in a new box whether they want to battle again, you'd just set a flag for the first battle and have the script go to a new script for the remainder of the battles with different dialogue. It's fairly easy stuff, and you should have looked in the tutorial section but I'll link you to a thread that more then likely has your answer somewhere. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=164276 for XSE or http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=128887 for PokeScript

4. This is another simple script you'd have to just take your time to write. You'd have the script continue at a different place depending on the answer. Again, browse the tutorials that I linked in 3.

5. This is another extremely easy script involving the givepokemon command. You'll definitely find it in the tutorials above.

SK3

Pokemon Hacking Company™ CEO
Years
1yn3gi.png

Any specific reason why my map is glitched out?

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
1yn3gi.png

Any specific reason why my map is glitched out?

Hmmm, that is weird. Are you near any connections?
Or, is the movement permissions the same way you entered it in Advance Map?

Also, does anybody know the offset of the PC? I want to add a new option to the PC menu "Time" (because the PC is a tile behavior in Advance Map)
And, anybody know how to remove Gary from the Oak intro?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2013
Hello, I was wondering how do you find the battle animations for a move? I repointed all the tables and everything and was wondering how you get battle animations for custom moves?
There is already a tutorial in the R&D section for this :) Hope this helped :)

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years

Also, does anybody know the offset of the PC? I want to add a new option to the PC menu "Time" (because the PC is a tile behavior in Advance Map)
And, anybody know how to remove Gary from the Oak intro?

I found it last night in Ruby, it's at 1A0009 there. Try seaching with a hex editor for the bytes 250601. This is the special which opens up the box that says someones pc and such. When you find the offset, open it up in a script editor and check. This is not the entire script as there is about 15 lines before it so if you find that you need the entire script, just subtract one from the offset until you see lockall and the first msgbox that tells you you've turned on the pc in the script editor.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2013
well, theres a few questions but some background things are i know how to do stuff for the most part, but there are a few things im not really sure about, also, im doing a firered hack
1. can i make the overworld sprites for people completely in monochrome, save for a few?
2. is it possible to make a whole map at once monochrome, and then later make different things in color?
3. if not, is there another way to do it?
4. how do i make the healing circle thing in lavender tower work, stepping in the circle and getting healed
the reason i want to know these things are because im trying to make a creepypasta-ish hack, with almost everything in black and white save for a few things to make everything feel more "off"
edit, i found another thing i need help with
5. im trying to mae it so that all the water in the game will be red, i've looked at the palettes and cant find the normal surf water in red, might need a bit of help with that

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
When I applied Jpans hacker, I got a problem in a few of my maps.
In AdvancedMap, when I went to the events tab, the map was gone; Like I can't see the map in the events tab, but I can see the map in the other tabs. I am not able to put new events in on those maps anymore. Anyone know a way to fix this?

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
well, theres a few questions but some background things are i know how to do stuff for the most part, but there are a few things im not really sure about, also, im doing a firered hack
1. can i make the overworld sprites for people completely in monochrome, save for a few?
2. is it possible to make a whole map at once monochrome, and then later make different things in color?
3. if not, is there another way to do it?
4. how do i make the healing circle thing in lavender tower work, stepping in the circle and getting healed
the reason i want to know these things are because im trying to make a creepypasta-ish hack, with almost everything in black and white save for a few things to make everything feel more "off"
edit, i found another thing i need help with
5. im trying to mae it so that all the water in the game will be red, i've looked at the palettes and cant find the normal surf water in red, might need a bit of help with that

1. You can do whatever you want with sprites, especially since you can use JPAN's hacked engine and have as many pallets as you please. To do this, I would say just redo all of the palletes to create the monochrome effect you are looking for, but save one or two (if you're not going to use JPAN's hack, which you could just make more) and use those to color your "normal sprites".

2. I have no idea, but I believe it would involve a map script. The "previously on your quest" is able to make any map look black and white, so it is possible to change a maps color. hmmm

3. You could have two maps, one in monochrome and one in color. Every warp would have to be a script and depending on a flag you would go to either the monochrome one or the colored one.

4. Script! You could copy the one in Lavender Town or write your own. Little tutorial that I found a while ago, hopefully it will help: Tutorial
The "fadescreen" command can be used to create the flash and "special 0x0" will heal your Pokemon.

5. Your gonna have to redraw the water in red, along with it's animation. Here's some options: "Okay tutorial but all of the pictures are messed up" or "a general animation tutorial"

When I applied Jpans hacker, I got a problem in a few of my maps.
In AdvancedMap, when I went to the events tab, the map was gone; Like I can't see the map in the events tab, but I can see the map in the other tabs. I am not able to put new events in on those maps anymore. Anyone know a way to fix this?

I know that if there aren't any events on a map, it won't show the map, but I don't understand not being able edit the events.

Just a couple questions to help anyone understand what is going on:
1. Were you able to edit events before applying JPAN's hack?

2. Did you clean your rom with JPAN's cleaner?

3. Did you make any modifications to the rom before applying the hack.

4. Did you use the patch and do everything, or did you use the tool and select only certain things or everything.

Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2013
thanks for that! ought to download that now, it would actually be interesting to make the previously on your quest thing replaced with colour and the normal in monochrome!

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
I know that if there aren't any events on a map, it won't show the map, but I don't understand not being able edit the events.

Just a couple questions to help anyone understand what is going on:
1. Were you able to edit events before applying JPAN's hack?

2. Did you clean your rom with JPAN's cleaner?

3. Did you make any modifications to the rom before applying the hack.

4. Did you use the patch and do everything, or did you use the tool and select only certain things or everything.

1. Yeah I was, I had a whole bunch of my own made events

2. Hmmm maybe? What is JPAN's cleaner? Is that a seperate program?

3. No I didn't

4.I used the patch

Thanks for helping me! I really appreciate the time you are taking to assist me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back