• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]Pokemon World Tournament Discussion

Do you like Pokemon World Tournament?

• Yes! I love this new feature!

Votes: 170 89.5%
  • No, I don't like this new feature!

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Maybe, I am not sure I like or don't like this new feature.

Votes: 18 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Nothing appears on WFC, so I'll do my best to unlock Champs. I'm getting the absolute worst luck so far. These World Leaders are no joke ._.' Freakin' Norman got two Giga Impact crits on me :/

If it still doesn't work then its because you can't download the new updates seeing as you don't live in Japan and the events may very well be region locked. (You'd have to be in the country that the event is released to receive the event/download/update)

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
Years
Even though I was perfectly eligible for the PWT for quite a while, it was only just now that I took part in my first Gym Leader Tournament (I was a bit paranoid and wanted to train my team a bit more before going for it)... It's fun, and I would love to try challenging the other tournaments.

Something really amusing happened though - imagine my face when, despite the blatantly clear type disadvantage he had, Marlon/Shizui managed to defeat Elesa and got to the finals. Just what in the world happened? xD

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Even though I was perfectly eligible for the PWT for quite a while, it was only just now that I took part in my first Gym Leader Tournament (I was a bit paranoid and wanted to train my team a bit more before going for it)... It's fun, and I would love to try challenging the other tournaments.

Something really amusing happened though - imagine my face when, despite the blatantly clear type disadvantage he had, Marlon/Shizui managed to defeat Elesa and got to the finals. Just what in the world happened? xD

OMG THIS! THIS is why I WISH they had a View Match option to watch the matches going on in the PWT Cause its just WTF worthy!

Now Imagine if there was a Dark Gym and they had Sabrina win against it....or even Normal/Lenora win against a Ghost Gym! XD this Randomly Generated Gym Leader Match Ups are hilarious.

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
I've had Winona beat Lt. Surge before. It is quite comical. It could be region though. I won't lost any sleep over it, as I honestly shouldn't have this game to begin with.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
@Haseyo

A new feature in Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 are tournaments that can be downloaded. This is done by accessing the computer in the PWT building and downloading over the Nintendo WiFi Connection and feature a variety of different trainers to battle including various characters with teams different to in-game. Each tournament contains up to 4 trainers to battle, each of them with a selection of 6 Pokémon to use. The other trainers in the tournament will automatically lose

That's how you download the two new Wifi Updates.

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
Years
So far the only Pokemon restrictions I found are:
The following aren't eligible; Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta
There goes my plan to kick Giovanni's ass with Mewtwo(unless there will be an AR code or glitch that allows bypassing that restriction). :( I expected that there will be Pokemon restrictions but I still hoped it would've been unrestricted.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
since the PWT isn't really internationally competitive like the Battle Tournament, I bet there are codes and what-not that allow you to use Legendaries

stupid rules that don't let us have any fun

what's next, banning Legendary Pokemon from being able to battle the Elite Four? >.>

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years

It's not that comical... I feel they made flying gym leaders overpowered =D

True, but still. A full team of electric types should never lose to a bunch of birds unless she has a Dragonite with Earthquake or something.

since the PWT isn't really internationally competitive like the Battle Tournament, I bet there are codes and what-not that allow you to use Legendaries

stupid rules that don't let us have any fun

what's next, banning Legendary Pokemon from being able to battle the Elite Four? >.>

I don't think banning super strong legendaries is bad at all. It would be lame if we could just destroy them with Mewtwo or Arceus. I guess if you find no competition fun...
And what do you mean by "Internationally competitive?" NA/EU won't want it as much? Are you insane? We've been waiting for this for ages.

Thanks for that info though XanderO. Still trying to EV train before going back in PWT.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
I mean, let's say you and I battle through WIFI in the PWT

I think we shouldn't be able to use Legendaries

but in-game, when you battle Akuroma or Hue, and other Gym Leaders, you should be able to use all 649 pokemon

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
They are just as tough as WiFi trainers, and because of the 3v3 limit, you're forced to be pretty aggressive. I've never had to EV train nor create entirely new teams for a Frontier before PWT. Their AI is top-notch outside of switching to sponge attacks. If they know your current Pokemon can't do jack squat, they will set up on you big time. I've had more luck battling friends than I have in PWT, lol.

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
1) Who do you use?
2) If you haven't lost once yet, then why would you even want to bother with legendaries >_>

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
There goes my plan to kick Giovanni's ass with Mewtwo(unless there will be an AR code or glitch that allows bypassing that restriction). :( I expected that there will be Pokemon restrictions but I still hoped it would've been unrestricted.
Well... that was pretty much expected that someone with 154 in Sp.Att won't be allowed to sweep everything in the way o.O

They are just as tough as WiFi trainers, and because of the 3v3 limit, you're forced to be pretty aggressive. I've never had to EV train nor create entirely new teams for a Frontier before PWT. Their AI is top-notch outside of switching to sponge attacks. If they know your current Pokemon can't do jack squat, they will set up on you big time. I've had more luck battling friends than I have in PWT, lol.
Once you get hold of items, everything is a piece of cake ;)
My Choice Scarf Lucario, Life Orb Volcarona, Choice Band Haxorus and something (xD) are sweeping everything along the way.

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
That's the thing, I'm trying to get those hold items via winning. I'm not trading any of my B/W stuff to my Japanese B2.

If I just traded all of my powerhouses and items over, it wouldn't be as fun.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
1) Who do you use?
2) If you haven't lost once yet, then why would you even want to bother with legendaries >_>

Lucario, Garchomp and Ludicolo, each focused on special attack and speed

as for using Legendaries...well, why not?
would be fun to see how far you can get with Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
shame they couldn't add the Elite Four in as Double battles

Lorelei/Bruno
Agatha/Lance
Will/Koga
Bruno/Karen
Sidney/Phobe
Glacia/Drake
Aaron/Burta
Flint/Lucien
Grimsley/Shauntal
Caitlin/Marshal

or any mixture really

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
shame they couldn't add the Elite Four in as Double battles

Lorelei/Bruno
Agatha/Lance
Will/Koga
Bruno/Karen
Sidney/Phobe
Glacia/Drake
Aaron/Burta
Flint/Lucien
Grimsley/Shauntal
Caitlin/Marshal

or any mixture really

They don't have that kinda battle set up in the PWT. Double Battles end up being vs One Trainer with both people having 4 Pokemon using 2 at a time.

Would have been cool.

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
They could in the future. With this whole "DLC" tournament thing, I think they could make whatever the heck they wanna at this rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back