• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Favorite Challenge IV

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 17, 2014
Name: Slnxdx
Game: X
Freebie Type: Ghost
Challenge: Alternate
Spoiler:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
The Favorite Challenge IV: Pokemon Y
Complete!

2014-03-05201928_zpsf173fa4f.jpg

Years
So, I just looked up where I can get the Razor Fang in X and Y and realized I can't get until the aftergame. Is there anyway I can switch out Gliscor for another type or another of the same type?

EDIT: Nevermind, I went on the GTS and offered an Escavalier for a Gliscor, and someone gave me A SHINY GLISCOR :o

Last edited:

AngelicPikachu

"We're Ready"
Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2016
@ Ramsie

1-Flying
2-Grass
3-Fire
4-Psychic
5-Poison
6-Water

Good luck to you

May I plz give this a try :)

Name: AngelicPikachu
Game: Y
Freebie Type: Poison (yeah I like Poison Pokes)

Ramsie

Currently in Unova
Years
@ Ramsie

1-Flying
2-Grass
3-Fire
4-Psychic
5-Poison
6-Water

Good luck to you

May I plz give this a try :)

Name: AngelicPikachu
Freebie Type: Poison (yeah I like Poison Pokes)

Thanks, Angelic! Your types are: Dark, Poison, Steel, Fairy, Water, and Normal.

My team for this challenge is:
1 Staraptor (Haven't used since Diamond!)
2 Whismicott (One of my favs from Gen V)
3 Ninetales (Haven't used in forever!)
4 Delphox (Just used in X, but a favorite for a reason)
5 Scolipede (Always liked when I raised on for the dex, but have never used ingame)
6 Omanstar (Liked design, never used)

As soon as I get Cottonee, Vulpix, and Omanyte in the bank, I'll get started!

AngelicPikachu

"We're Ready"
Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2016
@ Ramsie

Glad you like, sorry about the double psychic :)

1-Mightyena (omg yes, I haven't used in a long time)
2-Arbok (Very nice indeed, finally get to use my old friend again)
3-Lucario (gonna swap it out for Emboar) -Lucario was used in the Challeggs recently as one of my 6 team members link below
4-Slurpluff (It's cute and haven't had a chance to run it yet so will be fun, will trade one off my x)
5-Greninja (yay I get a Starter)
6-Starptor (yeah, I like alot of flying types, I ran out of room on the flying tab xD)

Link for Lucario usage recently:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=320432&page=4

Lucairo was "Season of Giving Pokemon" recieved by LilJz

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Hello, hello, hello! I didn't forget! Just wasn't feeling XY for a while, plus I had a lot of school work, then promotion, and sooo much lmao. Here ya go~

150px-VSFurisode_Girl_4.png

Furisode Girl Everlark
Y
50px-Bug_Badge.png
50px-Cliff_Badge.png
50px-Rumble_Badge.png
50px-Plant_Badge.png

50px-Voltage_Badge.png
50px-Fairy_Badge.png
50px-Psychic_Badge.png

006.png

Cinnamon lv. 52 @ Charizardite Y
Blaze | Careful
[ Flamethrower, Fly, Shadow Claw, Dragon Rage ]

359.png

Rhys lv. 52
Super Luck | Brave
[ Night Slash, Swords Dance, Slash, Psycho Cut ]

620.png

Moscato lv. 52
Regenerator | Impish
[ U-Turn, Drain Punch, Strength, Bounce ]

579.png

Gloss lv. 52
Overcoat | Hardy
[ Psyshock, Dizzy Punch, Recover, Psychic ]

707.png

Sora lv. 51
Prankster | ughhhhhh idk
[ Play Rough, Foul Play, Mirror Shot, Dazzling Gleam ]

So, I've done a good bit. I've gotten four badges since that last good quality update. That went pretty smoothly since I only had four Pokemon, so they stayed overlevel for the most part. I also caught my next Pokemon, Sora the Klefki. After I caught her up to the others in level, we made our way to Anistar to get the 7th badge. It's weird that there's only one badge left, even though I've ignored this challenge for a while. Last party member will be soon at least and my team can finally be complete!

Last edited:
Years
Alright, about time I try this thing out.

Username: Crackle
Game: X/Y - Not sure which one i'll go with yet, depends on if i'm given any version exclusives. I recently picked up a second copy of Y, so I have two copies of both and can do this on either if that's fine.
Freebie Type: Fighting

Wanting to use only Kalos Dex Pokémon to be a little fair. Please, be creative with your choosing. That said...
Spoiler:

Let's hope I got everything right...this is all new to me.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Alright, about time I try this thing out.

Username: Crackle
Game: X/Y - Not sure which one i'll go with yet, depends on if i'm given any version exclusives. I recently picked up a second copy of Y, so I have two copies of both and can do this on either if that's fine.

Wanting to use only Kalos Dex Pokémon to be a little fair. Please, be creative with your choosing. That said...
Spoiler:

Let's hope I got everything right...this is all new to me.
Fire, Water, Grass, Ice, Rock, Fighting. I always choose teams in a progression of weaknesses.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
150px-VSFurisode_Girl_4.png

Furisode Girl Everlark
Y
50px-Bug_Badge.png
50px-Cliff_Badge.png
50px-Rumble_Badge.png
50px-Plant_Badge.png

50px-Voltage_Badge.png
50px-Fairy_Badge.png
50px-Psychic_Badge.png
50px-Iceberg_Badge.png

006.png

Cinnamon lv. 69 @ Charizardite Y
Blaze | Careful
[ Flamethrower, Fly, Shadow Claw, Brick Break ]

359.png

Rhys lv. 68
Super Luck | Brave
[ Night Slash, Swords Dance, X-Scissor, Psycho Cut ]

620.png

Moscato lv. 68
Regenerator | Impish
[ U-Turn, Drain Punch, Strength, Bounce ]

579.png

Gloss lv. 68
Overcoat | Hardy
[ Thunder, Focus Blast, Recover, Psychic ]

707.png

Sora lv. 68
Prankster | ughhhhhh idk
[ Play Rough, Foul Play, Mirror Shot, Thunder Wave ]

168.png

L'Viaquez lv. 67
stuff goes here
[ Toxic, Cross Poison, X-Scissor, Psychic ]

I saved the world, caught Yveltal, caught Ariados as my final party member, named him L'Viaquez after the Ariados I used in Favorite Challenge V2, trained him a lot, did some moveset adjustments, defeated Wulfric, somehow got through Victory Road, barely got through Elite Four, stomped the Champion though which is weird, and defeated AZ. Phew! I'm done! Challenge complete, birds. See ya next time.

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2019
I like the look of this challenge. Will try it out as soon as I finish my wonder run, which should be soon

Name: NovaCascade
Freebie type: Psychic

Favourites:
Spoiler:

Ramsie

Currently in Unova
Years
I like the look of this challenge. Will try it out as soon as I finish my wonder run, which should be soon

Name: NovaCascade
Freebie type: Psychic

Favourites:
Spoiler:

Take Flying, Ground, Steel, Psychic, Bug, and Fighting! Good luck with your challenge!

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2014
User: Buggles
Favorites:
Spoiler:

Years
User: Buggles
Favorites:
Spoiler:

Your types are Poison, Fighting, Normal, Water, Flying, Dark

So, my team is:

Poison - Gengar
Fairy - Gardevoir
Ground - Flygon
Psychic - Starmie
Fire - Rapidash
Fighting - Hariyama

I actually got a pretty decent team!
And I was lucky enough to get Pokemon that can learn Surf and Fly, so that's good.
I'll be starting this later tonight once I transfer my Pokemon from Y to X

Alright, first update:

Spoiler:

Current Team (As of Update #1):

Spoiler:

Well, been playing a lot, so here's another update!

Spoiler:

Current Team (As of Update #2):

Spoiler:

Man, HM Slaves really get high leveled if you have the EXP Share on. I mean, mine went from a Level 10 Charmander to a Level 30 Charmeleon! Anyway, 3rd update!

Spoiler:

Current Team (as of Update #3)

Spoiler:

Wow, I expected someone to post on here after 3 days since I first posted this. Anyway, 4th update!

Spoiler:

Current Team (as of Update #4):

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2022
I think the issue here is that Jak is only allowing X and Y to be played. While I know that it would not be difficult trading the Pokemon you want through Pokebank, it is still restrictive as it prevents people from enjoying this challenge in earlier generations (which can all be played on emulators too) and not everybody owns a 3DS. I know that this challenge would really be pointless in the first three generations due to lack of options for certain typings (Ghost, Dragon, Steel especially), but I do not think this would not be too much of an issue in DPP / HGSS / BW / B2W2.

Is there a version of this challenge for those of us who do not own a 3DS or want simply to play it on a fourth / fifth generation game? If not, may I sign up for this challenge on a fifth generation game?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I think the issue here is that Jak is only allowing X and Y to be played. While I know that it would not be difficult trading the Pokemon you want through Pokebank, it is still restrictive as it prevents people from enjoying this challenge in earlier generations (which can all be played on emulators too) and not everybody owns a 3DS. I know that this challenge would really be pointless in the first three generations due to lack of options for certain typings (Ghost, Dragon, Steel especially), but I do not think this would not be too much of an issue in DPP / HGSS / BW / B2W2.

Is there a version of this challenge for those of us who do not own a 3DS or want simply to play it on a fourth / fifth generation game? If not, may I sign up for this challenge on a fifth generation game?

There's no "issue" here, though. You're the one complaining and seem to be one of the only ones having an issue. This challenge is my own and is always remade when new games come out. It's meant to encompass all possibilities for peoples' favorite Pokemon. I have run three successful predecessors to this version with little to no problems.

Unfortunately, the 4th and 5th gen versions are gone because as I said, it gets remade with each new game. You're free to play it on your own as a 5th gen challenge, but complaining about it here will do you no good.

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2022
There's no "issue" here, though. You're the one complaining and seem to be one of the only ones having an issue. This challenge is my own and is always remade when new games come out. It's meant to encompass all possibilities for peoples' favorite Pokemon. I have run three successful predecessors to this version with little to no problems.

Unfortunately, the 4th and 5th gen versions are gone because as I said, it gets remade with each new game. You're free to play it on your own as a 5th gen challenge, but complaining about it here will do you no good.

I just meant my issue, not that there was a general one. I was merely putting forward that I love the idea of this challenge, and I would like to see - or make - a challenge like this that encompasses multiple generations at once. Unfortunately that's impossible because if I made a thread for it it would quickly be rejected and disregarded as a knock-off or copy of someone else' (i.e. your) challenge.

I don't mean to annoy you or offend you or anything, if this was a challenge I could do on my own (like a Nuzlocke) I would, but the spirit of this one is others taking part in team-building which is why I'm asking on a forum.

Last edited:
Back