• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Sandstone Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
Welcome to the third thread for Pokemon Sandstone Version.
Pokemon Sandstone has been in development, using RMXP, since Mid-September 08.
Now, back to the third thread thing,
The first thread was just a overview of the game's basic story.
The second was closed a few days ago so that I can make this thread.
And this is the third thread.
And on to the story:

Story:
Team Rocket
Spoiler:

Your first day
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

The legend
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Currently Included Features
Mystery Gift
Pokemon D/P/P Menu
New Moves (Such as iron shards)

Screenshots
Spoiler:

Trades
I am willing to trade almost everything in my game for some other materials or scripts.

Members
Ty 101: Game creator, Game leader, Future planer, mapper, eventer, basic scripter, basic art, basic musician, Thread manager.
DarthVagaBong100: Lead Fakemon Artist
Train rides by: Fakemon Artist
Shadowsoyaca: Fakemon Backsprite Artist (Will be creating many backsprites because I need them most at the moment. May create other fakemon sprites in
the future)
Death5 Shadow: 2d artist (Makes art and graphics for menus)
Minions123: Lead Helper
carmaniac: General artist, region map maker, mapper, helper

Inactive Members (Members who have been given an assignment and have not completed it in a month and have not pmed me but have not resigned.):
NikNaks - region map maker (Was to event a cave map.)
Ricemann - (sorry if I spelled your name wrong) Trainer battle graphic spriter. (Was to make a grass gym leader sprite)

ALL members have been a big help.

In the next release there will be mystery gift accsesible ledgendarys that will only be avalible to members.

HELP:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Fakes

Lobsnip
lobsnip%20small%20sprite.png

Shelmet
shelmet%20front%20original.png

Bluburi
bluburi%20original%20front.png

Trainer Battle Sprites:

Male Team Rocket Grunt
Male%20Grunt.png

CREDITS:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Banners:

Team Rocket
team%20rocket.png

Demos
Severely Outdated Demo
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
No posts yet! What a shame, it looks like you've put a lot of work into this and you deserve to be recognized for it. (perhaps if your thread was more aesthetically pleasing-- ie, a banner or CSS, or at least make the screenshots full-size-- people would feel more inclined to comment.)

The plot looks... well, not the most original thing ever to be honest, but then again I don't know the entire thing so who am I to judge? I'm glad you're including Fakemon though. :D There aren't enough good games around that use them.

Good luck!

Years
good so far, i like to see hacks/games made by RMXP, they usually turn out really good :)
well plot is not bad and i wouldnt mind seeing the screenies full size...
but anyway...good luck!

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
good so far, i like to see hacks/games made by RMXP, they usually turn out really good :)
well plot is not bad and i wouldnt mind seeing the screenies full size...
but anyway...good luck!

I know you also put in games, but keep in mind that there is no way to create a hack using RMXP.

Cool to see the thread up. Hope development goes smoothly and quickly.

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
The plot does have some interesting turns and events that have not been told that will brighten it up.

I'm happy to see comments.

I will include the images full size once I have more.
I need to get them uploaded to my website first.

About visually pleasing, I think I mentioned that I can't do any kind of art what so ever other that recolors.
If I could get some artists to do it then I would but, as of now I don't have any banners.

I know that whenever you go to the professor it sounds like the same old routine from all of the games but, believe me, it isn't.

The demo is officially completed except for the connections.
It will be released un-tested due to the lack of staff to do beta testing.
I will just give that job to the players and ask that you post all of the problems.

I have updated the first post to include the tile master job and your rewards for helping.

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
I know you also put in games, but keep in mind that there is no way to create a hack using RMXP.

Acctually there is (I think). If I'm correct, Wichu made rom hacking script(s) (or something like that) that allows people to hack ROMs using RMXP.

Nice to see your thread up again Ty. Hope this time the glitches aren't there:P Since I have spare time now I might be able to help you out Scripting wise.

Last edited:

Tudj

HeartGold :P
Years
Hmm this looks reasonably good, I like the DP tiles. Good luck on continuing.

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
Acctually there is (I think). If I'm correct, Wichu made rom hacking script(s) (or something like that) that allows people to hack ROMs using RMXP.

Nice to see your thread up again Ty. Hope this time the glitches aren't there:P Since I have spare time now I might be able to help you out Scripting wise.

Great, if you can please notify me.
All help is greatly appreciated.

Hmm this looks reasonably good, I like the DP tiles. Good luck on continuing.

Thanks for the comment.
I plan to update the tiles once again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I know a lot of games work long and hard on features but, never release a beta.
Now that I am about to release the third beta (Completed today and scheduled for release on the fifteenth.) I am going to start focusing on features.
I will script some new moves and and attempt some new scripts but, as I said, I'm still learning to script so unless someone is able to help (Like Luka S.J.) don't expect anything too mind blowing.
I will also focus on updating the master tileset and finding new art.
I have tried many different aspects of game art so for now, all you will find from me is recolors.
If I get more artists I will try to include more art.

I will start scripting new moves tomorrow.
Any ideas.
I have one,
flower parade
A wall of flowers blocks you from the enemy.
The next fire attack does no damage!

Thanks for Reading!

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
New Moves, sounds good. The flower parade one sounds cool too.

And you should update your signature, considering where I'm at this moment posting. :)

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
LOL, thanks, I just noticed that.

That's better.
I didn't change it much.

I just added a move called Iron Shards.
What does it do?
You will have to play the demo to find out.

Well, Even if you play the demo you still won't be able to use the move because none of the pokemon that know it can be found in the game.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
Added more story.
I have officially completed everything for the demo.
All I have to do is upload it.

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
Nice, how long is it? Any length, I'll be sure to play it.

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
I was going to put it with the download but, since you asked, It should take about two hours to beat.
This is because the second gym is not included, the side quests are not yet implemented and, there arn't many trainers.
All of the above things and more will be in the next version.
The length is mostly because it is hard, with a level 100 it might only take 1 hour.

One more thing, I had a fakemon artist but about two months ago he stopped replying to any of my pms. I am now in great need of someone else to sprite the concepts that I have gotten permission to use.

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
I am going to begin scripting new features.

Well, with the little knowledge I have.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
ever? where is it? ever in the history of what? this game? you should say more or thats kinda like wasting a post.

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
History of this game.

It is kind of just a original way of saying *Bump*.

Except with new information on the game and members.

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
I have officially started working on version 0.4. It will take a longer time to beat but will include less maps.
It will include gyms 1-3.

I have also begun redoing the intro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back