• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Please Rate My Sun Team

Years
I apologize for being inactive... I've been busy. Now, I wanted to make another Drought team, so I did so. Please rate and help me with it.

Ninetales @ Leftovers
Calm Nature | 252 HP Evs 120 SpD Evs 136 Spe Evs
Drought Ability
Fire Blast|Will-O-Wisp|Substitute|Rest

Now.. I wanted to just attempt a Rest Ninetales and see how well it'd do. So far, I've only needed to use Rest once... I don't think I need Substitute at all. But I'm not sure what to switch it with.

Roserade @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature | 252 Def | 104 SpD | 148 Spe | 4 HP
Poison Point Ability
Leech Seed | Aromatherapy | Sleep Powder | Giga Drain

I actually made this set myself... And I actually sponge hits well. I chose Poison Point because I have Aromatherapy, so there's no need for Natural Cure. And I catch people off guard with Poison Point. It does sometime interrupt Sleep Powder, but then again, Sleep Powder is kind of a filler move. Now, I chose Aromatherapy to wake up Ninetales mostly. It's also helpful to anything else that gets statused.

Volcarona @ Leftovers
Bold Nature | 240 HP | 216 Def | 52 Spe
Flame Body Ability
Quiver Dance | Fiery Dance | Bug Buzz | Morning Sun

Well, what can I say? It's the standard Bulky Quiver Dance Volcarona set... I haven't been able to do anything with it yet. As I could never get a good chance to send in Volcarona.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature | 252 HP | 176 Def | 80 SpD
Sturdy Ability
Toxic Spikes | Spikes | Rapid Spin | Volt Switch

Well, this is the smogon defensive set for forretress......I chose to use Volt Switch because I have alot of sweepers on my team, so a slow volt switch would allow me to get out into a sweeper such as Venusaur.

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Modest Nature | 252 SpA | 252 Spe | 4 HP
Chlorophyll Ability
Growth | SolarBeam | Hidden Power Fire | Sleep Powder

I cannot stress enough how good Venusaur is in the sun. It hits 516 Speed to hit something with a speedy Sleep Powder. I Growth on the switch, and proceed to sweep with Solar Beam. Solar Beam even puts fair dents into the dragons that resist it. I was thinking about putting Lilligant in over Venusaur, but I don't really know why people use Lilligant over Venusaur anyways, so I decided not to.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Modest Nature | 252 SpA | 252 Spe | 4 HP
Levitate Ability
Draco Meteor | Dark Pulse | Fire Blast | Focus Blast

Hydreigon, not as epic in battle as I expected, but still pretty damn good. Focus Blast along with his other moves give him like perfect neutral coverage.

Well, thats the team. Please rate and help me with it.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
For Ninetales, instead of Rest, you can use Pain Split (from the B2/W2 move tutors) or your choice of Hidden Power (Ground) for coverage, Protect for a bit of stalling or Hypnosis for a shot at disabling an opponent.

For Roserade, even though you have Aromatherapy, Natural Cure is still the preferred ability because Poison Point requires luck to activate, and Roserade's Defense is still poor, even with some investment. It's also not bulky enough to get Aromatherapy off and the increased weakness to Fire doesn't help that case. Blissey can serve as a cleric for the team:
-Aromatherapy
-Seismic Toss/Flamethrower
-Softboiled
-Toxic
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure

Giratina'sGuardian

Competitive Battler
Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2014
For defence, might i suggest using heatran? Great for getting up rocks and loses his weakness to water in the sun :3

Hetran @leftovers
Flash fire
252 hp 220 sp.def 36 sp.atk
Calm -Atk +sp.def

Flamethrower/ Lava plume
Stealth rock
toxic
protect

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
Heatran is pretty much needed because you need a flash fire user on all sun teams so they dont counter sweep with fire moves lol. It also checks Lati@s who are currently asses to your team (Heatran also wants Roar somewhere on its set or Sub CM Latias is an auto loss for any sun team). Roserade seems dead weight and overly redundant.

Also Roost (BW2 tutor) Should be over Morning Sun on Volc, its more reliable and has more pp.

Also Rash Nature and SuperPower > Focus Miss on Hydreigon (BW2 tutor). This guarantees a KO on non Chople Tar and also KO's Blissey and hurts Chansey and Heatran very badly.

Dugtrio is also needed on basically all sun teams imo. Mainly to remove counters like Tyranitar, Heatran and Blissey to your other sweepers from the match.

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
252 Atk / 252 Speed / 6 Def
Trait: Arena Trap
- Substitute
- Hone Claws / Stealth Rock [ONLY use SR if you dont use it on Tran]
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Reversal

Wobbuffet is also acceptable and accomplishes much the same thing but wont remove Heatran as good as Dug. If you use Wob i suggest you find a place for EQ on Venusaur to revenge kill it.

Wobbuffet @ Leftovers
6 HP / 252 Def / 252 Sp.Def
Bold Nature
Trait: Shadow Tag
- Encore
- Mirror Coat
- Counter
- Safeguard

This should go over Volc or Hydreigon.

Forretress is a horribad Pokemon and should never be relied on for spinning because its absolutely the worst spinner in the game imo. It has 0 offensive presence to hurt ghosts or anything. Starmie is a much better spinner with a set of HP Fire/Psyshock/RS/Grass knot for sun teams as this set heavily damages ghosts. Sure you lose Spikes but i question their effectiveness because you have no anti spin yourself.

Hope this helps a little, good luck.

Lila.

Banned
Years
Nice team man. Like almost all sun teams, your team definitely has a problem with dragons. Stuff like latios and latias give you big problems and different choiced dragons can give you massive problems especially with forretress as your only resistance. Ironically, you have a pretty huge volcarona issue as well. Your only reliable way to incapacitate it is using sleep powder on venusaur, which is an extremely unreliable method to handling such a massive threat. Another steel type is probably your best option for this team. As others have stated heatran is most definitely the right steel to have on this team. Roserade is easily the most replaceable member on this team. Although it's sort of a neat switch into rotom-w and the like, it is just bait for latios to come in and fire off a draco meteor to most likely ohko or 2hko something on this team. Specially defensive heatran is the way to go on this team as it is able to provide you with stealth rock which an offensive team such as this desperately needs. I'd run a set of sr / lava plume / toxic / roar on this team. Protect is a good option too; however toxic helps in last pkmn volcarona situations.

As for some smaller changes, I'd actually keep forretress on this team. You don't really need spikes on this team at all. If anything, toxic spikes is definitely the better hazard to use. Stuff like volcarona and venusaur appreciate the status on stuff like blissey / hippowdon / jellicent which can make or break a game. Since you can drop spikes, I'd actually run hidden power ice on forretress instead. Although it may seem strange, hidden power ice is pretty crucial to this team. Sun teams need to give as few places for stuff like dd nite / dd mence to set up as possible. Hidden power ice means that you can hit these threats hard after stealth rock which are looking for a free boost to get a quick sweep. Sub protect gliscor is a huge threat to this team as well. Pretty much the only pkmn that it can not get through is venusaur, who takes quite a bit of damage from earthquake. Perhaps throw something like 56 spa evs into forretress in order to 2hko gliscor as well.

You can also switch your moveset up on venusaur to help remove counters for volcarona. If you run something like growth / earthquake / solarbeam or energy ball / hidden power ice, then you can sweep easily with volcarona later in the match. Two of most ubiquitous volcarona switch ins are heatran and dragonite, both of which are lured in and easily ko'd with venusaur. The only downside here is that venusaur misses out on hitting bulkier steel types like skarmory, bronzong, ferrothorn and scizor; however these pokemon are a huge liability with volcarona on your team. With tpikes down, volcarona actually has a shot at breaking some of it's other checks like chansey and blissey if they're weakened enough by toxic spikes and hydreigon. I also agree with the statement here about running superpower on hydra. It can really help in weakening teams with a stall archetype for venusaur and volcarona to prey on later in the match.

Back