• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Starter Pokémon

Pick a starter.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I actually love them all. Chespin is adorable, even though it has a strange reptile tail, and fennekin looks like a smug little fire zorua. And Froakie, who I thought was really weird at first actually seems kind of awesome. It looks adorable imo!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Fennekin. I need Fennekin in my life as soon as possible. I love it so much. ;w; I completely forgot about Vulpix, Ninetales, and Flareon being Fire-type foxes during my initial freak out but shhhh don't tell anyone. >__>

I really like Chespin too, and Froakie... Well, I don't like to hate any Pokémon because I think they're all cool and unique, and Froakie is pretty neat, but I don't necessarily care for it. ._____.

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2013
Uhh... Sharpedo?

In all seriousness, knowing I'd be tempted by the fire starter, I do hope it won't evolve into a Fire/Fighting type yet again.

Sharpedo line, and crawdaunt are the only water/dark pokemon, while its not exactly the least common typing its not exactly common place either.

Years
I don't know, I'm not a big fan of Froakie, so that combined with the fact I've been using a lot of Water starters lately means I probably won't pick it. While I do like Fennekin, a Fire-type fox reminds me of Vulpix/Ninetales right away. So based on all that, I'll probably take Chespin as my starter (but their evolutions may change my mind).

Years
I'd like to see how they all evolve but I can live with these designs. (:

Like most everyone here, Fennekin is my favorite.

I'm curious to see if they become dual type when they evolve and what their stat spread will be.

PekoponTAS

Game Boy Advance Fan
Years
Oh man, I actually really like all three of them. I honestly don't know which one I'd choose since I think they're all great. It's my favourite set of starters since Kanto and Johto. For me it's a tough choice between Froakie and Fennekin. Chespin is my least favourite, but I still like him a lot.

I'll have to wait and see what the evolved forms are like before deciding.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Huh, well... I really love Fennekin! Chespin is okay, I guess, but Froakie... that thing is really ugly :\ The first water starter that I actually really dislike.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I changed my mind. They're all adorable. For any of you still on the fence, go look at some fan art instead of official art. Fan art makes things much better, and official art can ruin even your favorites. lol

Still gonna start with Fennekin before the other two though! I hope they don't ruin the final evos of all these guys like they did with gen V. :/

Adore

Party.
Years
I really love all of them but Froakie is just so cute that I'm probably going to start with it. ;A;

Unless one of the other two has amazing evolutions and Froakie doesn't.

Flydro

doobz
Years
Froakie is the coolest.

I keep watching the video looking for clues or hints in the battle scenes. All three of the starters used second attacks that didn't seem to be of their primary type, possibly hinting at dual types later in their evolutions. I think Chespin used Night Slash so I might become a Grass/Dark type, took a closer look at the second attack Fennekin used and to me it actually looked like it was beginning to launch a Dark Pulse attack judging by the dark purple circles coming from it's mouth, so now I think it might become a Fire/Dark type, and Froakie might evolve into a Water/Fighting because it used what could have been Close Combat. I also think Froakie's second attack could have been Acrobatics, and it's design could hint at a possible Water/Flying type judging from the cloud cape around it's neck. Hopefully Flying is the case because I think a flying frog would be a good addition to the fighting frog Poliwrath, poison frog Toxicroak, and ground frog Seismitoad.

So far I'm mostly going with Froakie, but I have to see the complete evos to know for sure. All three look interesting in their own ways so my final choice could be any of the three.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
I like the starters. The Fire-type is refreshingly simple and cute, and plus: it's a shnazzin' fennec fox! It's so adorable :3

Chespin looks cute with his little hood and stuff, but what kind of reptile is it supposed to be? All starters follow the pattern Fire - Zodiac, Water - Semiaquatic, Grass - Reptile. It looks like mole-rabbit thing to me.

Froakie has kind of grown on me. I disliked it when I first saw it but it is a cutie.

My favorites are Chespin and Fennekin, and since I love Grass types I'll probably choose Ches. I can't wait to see their final evos!

As for originality, they look fine to me. Except perhaps the frog, but I haven't seen his final evolution so no judgies until it's revealed!

diamondmutt1111

A wild summer appeared!
Years
Chespin first, Froakie later...Chespin to me is the coolest, Froakie comes in at second, while Fennekin is a little too Zorua-ish. Of course, as mentioned MANY times, evolutions could change my opinion.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Totally only posting here to show off my Fennekin avatar. ♥

I simply adore all of the starters. It's crazy to see so much artwork of it already made by fans too! I wouldn't mind using any of the three since they're all so equally amazing, but it also depends on the starter evolutions. Blindly speaking though, Fennekin would be my choice as of now. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back