• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyGlaceon

Pokemon Master
Years
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post... but, here it is.
I need a cheat for making trainers not stop you for Pokemon FireRed on VisualBoy Advance emulator. Sorry if this isn't the right place. :I

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
Is this the program that you should use to add day and night to pokemon fire red? I never tried it before so i'm not sure if it will mess up my rom or not.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=246089
And is there a tutorial on how to make scripts with this?

Im sure it will work.

However as someone who has been ROM hacking for the past year, I HIGHLY Recommened making back-up versions of your ROM DAILY!!!
Things can go terribly wrong sometimes, and your ROM might crash and you won't be able to get it back. So Start making back ups of your ROM.

Does anyone know where to change the trainer sprites of the male and female hero in the intro of the game? (Like after you say "BOY" and a picture of RED pops up, I want to change that picture.)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 8, 2015
I'm going to change my question from earlier...

Where is the offset in ROM to the title screen music in Pokemon Gold? I'm having trouble finding it.

Blah

Free supporter
Years
I've had this problem a few times in the past too, but randomly (probably a reason, and thus not really random) I would lose control of the player. Normally happens after a wild pokemon encounter, once the encounter is over the player's sprite stays in place (the game isn't frozen) but when you try to move, the camera moves and every so often you see the player's sprite in a different pallete moving around (I might mention that it's not even centered).
Any ideas what's going on, the cause and how to fix it?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I've had this problem a few times in the past too, but randomly (probably a reason, and thus not really random) I would lose control of the player. Normally happens after a wild pokemon encounter, once the encounter is over the player's sprite stays in place (the game isn't frozen) but when you try to move, the camera moves and every so often you see the player's sprite in a different pallete moving around (I might mention that it's not even centered).

An NPC close by must be triggering that glitch.
Change the NPC's unknown number and test it again.

If you want, I can explain how to add new moves in PGE. However, since PGE and YAPE have very different move editing schemes and formats, they don't play well with each other.

I'd appreciate that. :3
PM or VM will do, thanks~

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post... but, here it is.
I need a cheat for making trainers not stop you for Pokemon FireRed on VisualBoy Advance emulator. Sorry if this isn't the right place. :I

Yeah, not the right place. We can however, teach you how to hack the rom itself to accomplish this, but this is not the place for cheats.

I've solved this about 10 times for people on this very thread. Dude, I know you're my friend, but I'm not gonna repeat myself again.:P If you can't find it, just let me know.

Is this the program that you should use to add day and night to pokemon fire red? I never tried it before so i'm not sure if it will mess up my rom or not.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=246089
And is there a tutorial on how to make scripts with this?

DNS by Prime Dialga. I have used it on multiple roms with no issues.

Two questions:

- I have a few longer scripts which initiate trainer battles at some point, and when they do so, they cause the player overworld to abruptly about face. Any thoughts as to why? I've toyed with different trainerbattle settings, to no avail.

- I have not experienced this problem personally, but one of my testers has shown the revolving doors in Fortree Gym flipped 180 degrees vertically. I've left the level scripts the same, and do not experience the problem myself. I don't have any scripts in-game which toy with the associate vars, either.

1) Command "spriteface" will allow you to do this. Look it up in XSE by hitting F1.

2) Weird. Ask him what he was doing as he played. Did he start fresh, or from a save?

Last edited:

Blah

Free supporter
Years

Apparently using Facedown is incorrect and bugs things up. You're supposed to use the default no movement for that (or so the PHO IRC folk tell me).

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
Years
Im sure it will work.

However as someone who has been ROM hacking for the past year, I HIGHLY Recommened making back-up versions of your ROM DAILY!!!
Things can go terribly wrong sometimes, and your ROM might crash and you won't be able to get it back. So Start making back ups of your ROM.

Does anyone know where to change the trainer sprites of the male and female hero in the intro of the game? (Like after you say "BOY" and a picture of RED pops up, I want to change that picture.)

I have replaced all of the intro sprites a while back using this tutorial:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tq-X45A4b_o&app=m
It will show you how to replace all of their sprites, and it worked perfectly for me.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
Years

Umm... I just told you...

I have replaced all of the intro sprites a while back using this tutorial:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tq-X45A4b_o&app=m
It will show you how to replace all of their sprites, and it worked perfectly for me.

Good luck!

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Tiny Umbrella with Lots and Lots of Good
Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
Apparently using Facedown is incorrect and bugs things up. You're supposed to use the default no movement for that (or so the PHO IRC folk tell me).

In Advance Map 1.92, there are two Look Down options- one of them works fine, the other one makes the game flip out. I believe it's the first one that is safe, but you can figure it out through experimentation and rename it in the INI files once you've got it.

Advance Map 1.95 (which you shouldn't be using in general) renames the broken one to something less deceptive- while you shouldn't save in 1.95, you can look over your maps with it to figure out which NPCs are using the wrong Face Down.

I don't advise using No Movement. It *might* be safe, but I've run into problems with it before, and the safe Face Down is perfectly fine.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years

That is one answer, but it doesn't always work for everyone (and didn't work for me.). I have had sprites which face up that have this happen without any "facedown"s on the map.

My way is to simply move the sprite to the edge of the screen and permanently hide it by setting its person ID to the flag set that controls the pokemon option on the start menu. Then recreate the sprite. I have found that if you delete the old one, the issue simply shifts to a new sprite, no matter the movement permissions.

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
Umm... I just told you...

Oh sorry I never saw your reply!

Also I tried watching that video and I got an error message saying 'Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (rtsp) isn't associated with any program.'

Do you know what this means?

If not, do you have another way of showing me that video? :p

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 8, 2015
Hi, I posted my topic in the Slideshow Showcase section, and I want to know why this topic isn't being accepted here:
http://hax.iimarck.us/post/31155/#p31155

I am not happy with how this section is moderated, I PM'd both moderators asking where to post this... neither of them have replied for some time (more than 3 days, I forget).

Can you tell me what is wrong with my topic?!?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hi, I posted my topic in the Slideshow Showcase section, and I want to know why this topic isn't being accepted here:

I am not happy with how this section is moderated, I PM'd both moderators asking where to post this... neither of them have replied for some time (more than 3 days, I forget).

If they wont reply via PM, then bug them via VM.
Visit their profile and leave your question there as a VM (Visitor Message).

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years

Well from what I saw on your thread (a brief look through) I noticed your screens were quite bare and didn't show much significant modification from the original Gold Version (I believe you need 4 non-map screenshots that don't heavily resemble the original ROM's maps) and lacking a bit of a story behind it all.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 8, 2015
Well from what I saw on your thread (a brief look through) I noticed your screens were quite bare and didn't show much significant modification from the original Gold Version (I believe you need 4 non-map screenshots that don't heavily resemble the original ROM's maps) and lacking a bit of a story behind it all.
Well, the lack of story was why I put it in Slideshow Showcase... but yes, probably missing some better screens.

I am also posting here for feedback, and my lack of storyline is because this was going to be a dungeon-rush project, but I might change that.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Easy question, how do I change which Pokemon appears in the prof. oak intro using a hex editor? Not using IntroEd or any tools like that.

ep!c

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2015
At 0x130FA0 there are 2 pointers, first one goes to an offset where another
pointer is -> sprite; the other goes to an offset where another pointer is -> palette.

Eren Jaeger

Pianoist
Years
Hi, does anyone know how to change the battle background
on Pokemon EMERALD? Needed the answer right away.
if it needs explaining please PM me and the things I need to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back