• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Axis

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 12, 2024
Demo 2 is now available! Remember to tell me of any errors, and enjoy the ride!

EDIT: Forgot to mention! You can autosave by pressing V now!

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
there is a slight issue with the pokedex, I cant toggle between page one or page 2 of the description of a given pokemon. For example with Unown:

"This Pok?mon is shaped like ancient writing. It is a mystery as to which came first, the ancient writings or the various Unown. Research into this topic is ongoing but nothing is known."

Thats how it should appear. But it ends up being like this.

"This Pok?mon is shaped like ancient writing. It is a mystery as to which came first, the ancient writings"

I think this may be due to the use of Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire's pokedex entries in particular, as there's more text than the gen 4 or gen 5 pokedex could support.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 12, 2024
there is a slight issue with the pokedex, I cant toggle between page one or page 2 of the description of a given pokemon. For example with Unown:

"This Pok?mon is shaped like ancient writing. It is a mystery as to which came first, the ancient writings or the various Unown. Research into this topic is ongoing but nothing is known."

Thats how it should appear. But it ends up being like this.

"This Pok?mon is shaped like ancient writing. It is a mystery as to which came first, the ancient writings"

I think this may be due to the use of Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire's pokedex entries in particular, as there's more text than the gen 4 or gen 5 pokedex could support.

Hmm...ok, I'll look into it.

Years
  • Age 34
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 24, 2018
Um the game freezes at the dock after your rival appears and tells you that she is willing to join you and the pink haired lady

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 12, 2024
Um the game freezes at the dock after your rival appears and tells you that she is willing to join you and the pink haired lady

Game updated to fix the issue and also fix some minor issues elsewhere. Please download the new version from the first post.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Oh I wanted to ask, does this game have 6th gen game mechanics? I noticed one or two as I played but is there also the destiny knot method to pass IVs onto pokemon and does hiddenpower have a fixed base power of 60?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 12, 2024
Oh I wanted to ask, does this game have 6th gen game mechanics? I noticed one or two as I played but is there also the destiny knot method to pass IVs onto pokemon and does hiddenpower have a fixed base power of 60?

6th gen mechanics should normally be on. If they aren't tell me.

Years
  • Age 34
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 24, 2018
when I try to battle a trainer in the dark forest this appears and then closes the game screen

---------------------------
Pokemon Axis
Script 'Interpreter' line 276: RuntimeError occurred.

Script error within event 61, map 8 (Deep Neak Forest):

Exception: RuntimeError

Message: Section113:220:in `pbMissingTrainer'Can't find trainer (AROMALADY, Ewelina, ID 0)

***Full script:

pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::AROMALADY,"Ewelina",_I("I think the president got lost though..."),false,0)

Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'

PTrainer_NPCTrainers:256:in `pbTrainerBattle'

(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:794:in `eval'

Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:794:in `command_111'

Interpreter:320:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:193:in `update'

Interpreter:106:in `loop'

Interpreter:198:in `update'

OK

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
discovered another issue with the pokedex, somehow the habitat listing will say unknown regardless of what species. This will pose a problem when I wanna know where I can find a particularly rare species.

Years
  • Age 34
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 24, 2018
Um the HM Surf does not work even though you get the HM from the gym leader that you got your sixth badge from

When you try to use surf it says that you need a new gym badge but you need to use surf to get to the your next destiniation in the game

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 12, 2024
Patched in, download link changed. Fixed the random non functional trainer and surf is now accessible.

As for any Pok?dex issues, thanks for telling me. They won't be fully fixed until v3, but the errors you find will be added to my list of things to do.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 12, 2024
good%20to%20me.png
havefunwithusagain.png

Thought I'd throw in a quick image to show that this isn't dead yet! Obviously there isn't much to be gotten from this but I'll add more in a bit.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 12, 2024
In other news, the early game story is getting a revamp and a graphical update! Look forward to it!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 13, 2019
Noticed that starter pokemon can have their hidden ability, can wild pokemon have theirs as well?
Hoping to catch a Magikarp with rattled so I can get a Gyarados with moxie.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 12, 2024
Noticed that starter pokemon can have their hidden ability, can wild pokemon have theirs as well?
Hoping to catch a Magikarp with rattled so I can get a Gyarados with moxie.

I'm sure one is available if you search for it.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 12, 2024
Small update fixing the overbearing encounter rates in caves and water routes, added to the first post.

Secondary update addressing missing sprites.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 12, 2024
Progress Log (v3):
Currently Doing:
- South Azarium maps revamped! (85% complete)
- Main story reviewed and changed, and some side quests added in certain areas (up to Ikuchi Town at the time of writing this)
- Adding speed up (reluctantly)
- Adding Pok?Rides
- Remapping save button to D
To Do Still:
- Redoing trainers graphically, level balancing fixed better
- Finish up new starter lineup
- Get to work on the first sections of North Azarium.

No this hasn't died yet despite the lack of postings. You can catch up with the game development at the game's Discord.
I have updated the thread's first post to better suit the current ruleset.

Last edited:
Back