• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Scenario III - suddenly real

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
What would you do?
A fun little discussion here in Pokemon General where you discuss what you would do in certain scenarios!

What is this about?
Glad you asked! colours was thinking that we could have a bit more fun and laid-back discussion about hypothetical scenarios that would occur to you if you were in the Pokemon World (or not!). This is pretty much the entire premise of WWYD (What Would You Do); that is, what would you do in a given scenario? Remember that there are no right or wrong answers, just your thoughts!
Can I suggest some scenarios, too?
Of course you can! In fact, I highly encourage you to! Feel free to PM me (adventure) your suggestions and if they're cool enough they'll be featured eventually ;D Now, let's get on with our third scenario, shall we?
What would you do in this scenario?
You're going about your regular life in the regular world - when suddenly your favorite pokémon appears. Super real and tangible, clearly not a hologram or illusion. What would you do? Honestly :D

Coffee

Banned
Years
I would hug it and squeeze it and give it a twig to chew on.
It's a treecko btw.

After that I would get sad since Pokeballs aren't real yet D:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Honestly, I'd probably want to scream and run away. But hopefully I'd stay paralyzed for long enough to keep myself in order and follow it to see if it's intelligent and can communicate with me somehow c:

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
It's Zapdos. I'd try to approach it carefully so it doesn't attack or fly away, or even just flap its wings. I'd like to touch it, but I fear that it might be charged with electricity so I'd be reluctant to do so. Maybe I'll take some pictures of it to have prove of its appearance and attempt to communicate with it (idk how).

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 7, 2020
If I saw a live Gorebyss... I would probably make a small squeal of glee. If after my squeal didn't frighten it away, I would then take a photo of it on my phone. I would probably try to step up to it cautiously and then I would take off my shirt and see if I could capture it using my shirt as a net (I assume I would probably find it in the water.).

If I managed to actually capture the Gorebyss, I would then show her off to everybody telling people how I ultimately won "Pokemon Go".

Years
I mean Pokemon can seem to make really strong bonds with humans so I'd dedicate my life to making it my pet.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
Years
Approach it with caution, try to offer it something to eat, maybe ketchup or rice balls :P. Going by its reaction, I'll try to pet it. If it doesn't....

Spoiler:

....then I'll adopt it & take it home with me.

Pika Pika :chu:

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Feb 2, 2019
It would be Popplio. I would get food and adopt him.

Glaceon: Hey! What about me?

Me: I regret having you sometimes...

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
Mine's giratina so I'd hope there isn't a hole in my roof. I'd try to befriend it by giving it food and trying to let it and then use its power to rule the world.

Years
I would only take a few steps in its direction, and try not to invade its space. Most of my favorite Pokemon are rare, reclusive and have lower happiness value so I would expect them to flee from humans. Let's say today its the dratini line.

I would talk to it in a soft-spoken and calm tone of voice and move slowly, setting some berries down for them to eat. From a distance I would say lots of nice things to them, maybe leave them a toy. I would try to do this daily and hopefully they would open up to me.

I would like to team up with a dragonite and fly away from my dreary hometown and go to the world of Pokemon. We would settle down in Hoenn I think.

Last edited:
Years
Thinking about this one a little bit deeper, if I were to find a Butterfree roaming in the wild somewhere, I'd do whatever I could to befriend it as quickly as possible, and take it home and try to care for it before anyone else found it. Not because I'm selfish or anything, but if a Pokemon just happened to appear in the real world, there's no doubt everyone would want to get a hold of it, either for bragging rights, or to study it. If I was able to take it home, I'd make sure that no one knew it was with me, so that it wouldn't have to worry about being a magical creature from another universe that everyone wants to have.

Back