• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chatroom Information and Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2011
Ah right. I don't think it's been that long yet. I'll wait a bit.

Right, it's definitely been that long and it's not letting me on.

All because I don't like Probopass? Really?

Last edited:
Years
When do chat bans run out?

I was kickbanned by Luke twice yesterday. One was for the message "diaf Kesha" which was said in jest. The other one was for me telling a story about calling someone up w/ a lost pig and saying it was delicious. They seemed offended by the story even though I went on to say it was plainly in jest.

I was wondering if I'd be allowed back in the chat.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
When do chat bans run out?

I was kickbanned by Luke twice yesterday. One was for the message "diaf Kesha" which was said in jest. The other one was for me telling a story about calling someone up w/ a lost pig and saying it was delicious. They seemed offended by the story even though I went on to say it was plainly in jest.

I was wondering if I'd be allowed back in the chat.

My advice is to PM Luke and question and or appeal your ban, as the details of your banning are between you and him, and from there you can request to be unbanned.

Camden298

The Green Lucario
Years
So, um, about these "taco" things? How do those work? (And no, I have no idea what is translated from tacos, since it's April Fool's Day, so uhhhh yeah)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
So, um, about these "taco" things? How do those work? (And no, I have no idea what is translated from tacos, since it's applesauces Day, so uhhhh yeah)

Tacos are actually emblems. They appear on the "tacos", soon to be "emblems" tab of your profile.

Once you've posted over 1000 lines in the chat, seen to be a new active member, an active member over time, someone what dominates the stats or chat a lot, then you're allowed to get the emblem for those specific areas. :) The only one you can request for is the 1000 lines emblem in the emblem request thread - or in the chat itself, and it'll be yours.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Hi. I use Hotspot Shield when using the internet at my house in order to get around the restrictions my parents have put on the internet- half of DeviantArt & other things are blocked for me when I don't. The program changes my IP address or something. Up 'till today I haven't had any issues and have been in the IRC many a night. However, today I tried to go on and it told me I was banned because I had to connect with my real IP address.
Why is this suddenly an issue?

Zet

Years
Hi. I use Hotspot Shield when using the internet at my house in order to get around the restrictions my parents have put on the internet- half of DeviantArt & other things are blocked for me when I don't. The program changes my IP address or something. Up 'till today I haven't had any issues and have been in the IRC many a night. However, today I tried to go on and it told me I was banned because I had to connect with my real IP address.
Why is this suddenly an issue?
It was mostly like put into effect because of ban evaders or people DDoS'ing the server.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I think there's a problem with the IRC. I can't enter, not even with the Java Chat. :/

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I think there's a problem with the IRC. I can't enter, not even with the Java Chat. :/

[15:36:10] <@J> tell them to connect to lava.systemnet.info

I didn't even notice it was empty, lol. :(

SPPF_Max

Banned
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2020
Question: My friend Cycling Road who got banned from here unfairly seems to also have been unfairly kicked out of the chat while also unable to chat. Is there any way to reinstate him because I want him happily chatting and if you don't mind, who should he contact to remove the shun I got us placed because I was an idiot? Not that you don't care but he comes to my house every day to use my computer and I'm sick of him being abused. :(

Pikabowser123

The Jack of all Trades
Years
Question: I went and tried entering the chat and it said that my version of Java was "too old"
Even though I got the newest version of Java. I still can't enter the chat for some reason...

I'm on Google Chrome and my Operating system is Window XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 if that helps

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Question: I went and tried entering the chat and it said that my version of Java was "too old"
Even though I got the newest version of Java. I still can't enter the chat for some reason...

I'm on Google Chrome and my Operating system is Window XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 if that helps

If you're still having trouble, I would instead follow the instructions to use Mibbit on the first page. It doesn't require Java so you won't have those issues, and it's a much better chat system anyway.

Although if you're on Chrome it will give you the option to run it anyway and if you really want Java chat then you should do that and then select "No" on the dialog box that asks if you want to block the applet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back