• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd 4th Gen Game Comfirmed

Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2010
i hate to be a downer but this sucks major donkey ass.

They just released mystery dungeon not too long ago and the game wasn't even that good.. I am one of the many who found the game rather boring.. Pokemon Ranger was a much much better game.

I was hoping for a Yellow remake, and while i wasn't as high on GSC remakes they sure as hell are a lot better than this. Even a 3rd D/P generation RPG would be awesome.. I don't think i'm getting this game. Mystery Dungeon 1 was a waste of time for me and i'm not going to waste anymore time or money.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
>> .... I still haven't beaten the first game, because it doesn't hold my interest for long enough. oO;

...So I'm too sure I'll get the second one, unless theres something better about it.

Star Girl

Dragon Obsessed
Years
I actually enjoyed the game and I beat it so more than likely I will buy the sequel whenever it comes out.

Kuri-Chan ♪

Crystal Trainer
Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2008
I'm with Queen Boo on this one. I loved Mystery Dungeon, and it's really fun. And I find it just as replayable as any other RPG game. Really, I didn't enjoy Ranger - it was TOO DIFFERENT. And once you beat the Ranger Net and got Manafy, it got boring, unless you liked to slave over the challenges.

Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2010
what did you know.. 3 people actually liked the game :/ I guess some still enjoyed the game, alright. they're all females though (sorry if i appear sexist, my apologies if i offend).. what i mean is I guess dungeon is cute with tiny non-evolved pokemon running around attempting the rescue other pokemon, but it's not for me. I found it repetitive after the second mission though and the story was definitely lacking and the gameplay was very boring.. I mean you run into pokemon and you just keep hitting it. there was no strategy or whatever because wild pokemon usually faint within 2-3 hits, sometimes not even if you spend you time exploring the dugeons(even though they're not really worth exploring) and level up. it was a big yawn.

the missions in pokemon ranger were nothing(certainly not long enough or hard enough to tie you down). they were generally quite easy(and a lot of fun), even the extra missions where you capture celebi, mew, deoxy after you beat the game were pretty easy too. yeah, it's different, but hey, it fully utilizes the capabilities of DS which is excellent. I mean DS comes with an interactive touchpad, why not utilize it? using it to capture pokemon was definitely a breath of fresh air. if you didn't want to be tied down they always give you time off to do your own thing in between missions. pokemon rangers was, in my opinion, an excellent game. if only it were longer! i mean they only had 10 missions and they were all quite short, and i beat the game in just over 10 hours, 12 including the extra missions....

Rinji

srsly.
Years
I loved Mystery Dungeon ^^; I thought the story was great, it made me cry xD; (Although when I beat the story mode it was 3 am and I'm always weird if I've been up 'till the wee hours of the morning lol) But still, I find it rather fun x3 I'll probably buy the sequel.
I didn't like Ranger. To me it didn't feel like an actual pokemon game :/

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
Years
I loved Mystery Dungeon ^^; I thought the story was great, it made me cry xD; (Although when I beat the story mode it was 3 am and I'm always weird if I've been up 'till the wee hours of the morning lol) But still, I find it rather fun x3 I'll probably buy the sequel.
I didn't like Ranger. To me it didn't feel like an actual pokemon game :/

I liked mystery dungeon. But the only thing I liked about it was its story. I mean it was really good since the main character is a human turned pokemon and such. But there were two very large pet peeves that may change my view

First: The game play SUCKED. I mean like it was mentioned it sucked so much that mostly random encounters were annoying rather then challenging. Because I was trying to find the exit from the dungeon and 5 pokemon come from behind and infront. My partner doesnt do anything and I have to spend an hour getting out of it.

Second.: The ending. The entire story was so freaken short. I mean in the story your character doesnt even evolve till after. The end of mystery dungeon also almost made me gag. I mean the protagonist leaves the pokemon world and leaves his partner behind. I mean come on that just sucked. The thing after the credits was probebly just a last resort from the ending. Like you could explore the game to get 100%. All you do is evolve then you just to random easy missions.

Overall I would only get the second game if it improved on al these things. You know I didnt even know how to use special attacks till halway through the story when I died. A simple tutorial wouldnt hurt either.

Dudedude

I am the Johto Man
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2007
It isnt confirmed yet..he said it could be...this isnt the first time two games' info has been released at the same time.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
So only girls liked Mysterious Dungeon and didant like Ranger,

*slaps*

I like Mystery Dungeon, actually. Yes, present tense. The battles are a bit "dull" compared to their original counterparts, yes, but there's more strategy involved in it, as well as actually a lot of stuff to do after the main story (which no Advanced Generation game can really say other than Emerald).

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
I got PMD & Ranger, and in my opinion, PMD is so much better. The many annoyances are what I'm hoping the 2nd version gets rid of. For instance, the Purity Forest is just awful, and Wish Cave isn't that much better. Sure, I think the "go back to Level 1" idea is interesting, we should not have to go through a 99 floor dungeon as such. *groans from the memory*

Back