• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most favorite "weirdo" pokemon

Years
So many "favorite pokemon" threads, not one's of this kind. I must be some sorta weirdo myself. ^~^

Yes today the question is asked, what among the more unusual kinds of pokemon are your favorites, and for whatever reasons?
Before you start typing, weird pokemon are kinds that;
  1. Can definitely be cute, in its unusual way. So more obvious cute animals like the many bright-eyed pikachus are excluded.
  2. May be ugly - to some ugly is cute, but for this list's sake "ugly" is whatever it is that's definitely not mainstream.
  3. Probably aren't popular. Magikarp is an odd one, but everybody knows and/or loves him. Basically, the weird pokemon
    should probably be obscure, or at least it's name not synonymous with "Pokemon."

For example's sake, my favorite weirdo is...
Wiscash.
Something about big-lipped fish always makes me laugh a little. I've seen him for years and kinda like his typing and moveset.
Spoiler:

Now let's get this thread rolling, shall we? ^~^

Last edited:

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
For some reasons I like Farfetch'D and Delibird. Not to use them in a battle, but I still like them a lot <3 The design maybe? I might love strange birds... I like Dodrio too so yeah, it might be a birb thing.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Same as my favorite regular Pokémon: Dunsparce! It was one of the first Pokémon I recall putting serious effort into raising back in GSC, although that was in a vain attempt to evolve it into Gligar. I got attached to the strange lil' guy during that process, but what really brought it to be my "favorite" was finding a Shiny one (via Poké Radar) in Pearl and trading it to HeartGold to replace my starter and follow me throughout my journey. It's pretty much my Pikachu.

Close behind is Lickitung, which again is one of my favorite regular Pokémon. This one's probably the most-nostalgic Pokémon of all for me. I remember it being my favorite Burger King trading card as a kid and I even wrote a short story for class based on it. I also think its HGSS sprite is adorable!

108.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Let's see...

Venomoth, Exeggutor, Mr. Mime, Jynx, Lanturn, Politoed, Quagsire, Shuckle, Mantine, Porygon2, Miltank, Ludicolo, Pelipper, Shedinja, Hariyama, Sableye, Wailord, Camerupt, Grumpig, Solrock, Claydol, Cradily, Dusclops, Gorebyss, Gastrodon, Drifblim, Lickilicky, Rhyperior, Tangrowth, Magmortar, Heatran, Musharna, Seismitoad, Darmanitan, Sigilyph, Vanilluxe, Alomomola, Ferrothorn, Durant, Diggersby, Aromatisse, Clawitzer, Incineroar, Shiinotic, Turtonator...

Yeah, that's a lot, isn't it?

Last edited:

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
Dunsparce and, not sure if they count, Trubbish and Garbodor. I find them so adorable.

LuminousWarrior

Knight In Battle Scarred Armour
Years
Dunsparce and, not sure if they count, Trubbish and Garbodor. I find them so adorable.

Trubbish and Garbodor most definitely count, especially since most of the times that I hear about them it's Genwunners trying to use them as proof of poor design in the newer Pokemon games. *coughElectrodecough*

Now, a Pokemon that I like that always seems to get overlooked is Bidoof. It's sort of popular to hate on the poor little guys, and they seem to be considered even wimpier than Magikarp, but Bidoof has the best design out of any Route 1 Normal-type out there. Sure, I suppose I may not train one as a permanent party member, but I just love the little guys.

Years
Let's see...

Venomoth, Exeggutor, Mr. Mime, Jynx, Lanturn, Politoed, Quagsire, Shuckle, Mantine, Porygon2, Miltank, Ludicolo, Pelipper, Shedinja, Hariyama, Sableye, Wailord, Camerupt, Grumpig, Solrock, Claydol, Cradily, Dusclops, Gorebyss, Drifblim, Lickilicky, Rhyperior, Tangrowth, Magmortar, Heatran, Musharna, Seismitoad, Darmanitan, Sigilyph, Vanilluxe, Alomomola, Ferrothorn, Durant, Diggersby, Aromatisse, Clawitzer, Incineroar, Shiinotic, Turtonator...

Yeah, that's a lot, isn't it?

I'm sorry, you lost me about 12 pokemon in. {XD}

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Dude, I was kidding about the sheer number of pokemon by pretending I "could only grasp twelve consecutive pokemon names before getting overwhelmed." It was a gab as you see you have a whole lot more than twelve on the list. ^~^
Okay, I get it. The funny thing is that the first 11 Pokemon on my list come from the first 2 generations.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 7, 2020
^ I freaking love Jumpluff as well, but I didn't want to mention it in this thread because it is so obviously adorable and (IMO) awesome.

779.png

I really like Bruxish a lot. The wild color scheme, the intimidating face, the awkward flower bulb on its head. It's one of my favorite pokemon designs, and the fact that so many people dislike it, kind of makes me like it even more.

346.png

I'm also a huge fan of Cradily. I love it's tropical color scheme, I enjoy how it plays as a reliable wall pokemon. I also have fond memories of spending an incredible amount of time back in Diamond, breeding a perfect one of these, and when I finally bred a perfect 6/6 it was also lucky enough to be a girl (which is a 12.5% chance). I hardly ever see anybody mention Cradily let alone play with one on a team, so I think it counts as a weirdo pokemon.

Last edited:

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
I guess I'd have to say Corphish, Walrein and Sewaddle. I never really see much said about their lines, let alone individually, so i'd say they count as "weird". Walrein has been on most of my hoenn teams, same as Sewaddle for Unova. As for Corphish, I dunno, I just kinda look at it and think "This thing is pretty cute/adorable" not to mention it was pretty awesome in the anime xD

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
Charjabug, my favorite "weird" Pok?mon, is also my favorite Pok?mon of all time. There's just something about its design and it just stands out from the other cocoons; heck, I love it so much I refused to evolve it during my gameplay. Charjabug just has this bizarre charm that somehow seems to attract me a lot. Everything about it is cool: typing, cry, design, just...everything.

Kartanaheart

Origami King
Years
I think Dhelmise is the only Pokemon other than Honedge that's actually been able to make me squeal like a little girl at how cute it is. Look at its little stupid kelp mustache come on

Like..yeah, I can see that Eevee and Pikachu and other "cute" mons are cute but Dhelmise oh my god.. it's got this abstract kind of adorable going for it that's just so much more profound

Actually, all my favorites are weirdo Pokemon though. But I'm not going to keep talking about every single one.

Arjay

#GoStags
Years
The Politoed line. I'm not really a fan of Poliwrath but I love Poliwag, Poliwhirl and Politoed. Also Shuckle because it's adorable and shiny Slurpuff because it looks like a chocolate cupcake.

Back