• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen And N's Real Name is...

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
What the heck?! That is the dumbest thing I've ever read XD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Aww they revealed it already? I would've much preferred if they waited for the third game! I do hope it changes in the English version at least, Gropious isn't exactly... the best of names. :x Luckily it only makes me think of Tropious!

Actually, I think it'd at least be changed to Nature in English versions, since after all Gechisu > Ghetsis (idk I can't remember the actual name).

Why the sudden reveal though? Oh well, I can sense third game speculation flowing with activity due to this! :)

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
Natural Harmonia Gropius? What?

His parents were probably pokemon. Definitely thinking of a Tropius on this one...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Wow that's odd but kind of makes sense, especially Natural as he's into well Nature, also the fact that Gropius sounds like Tropius adds to the nature theme...actually do any of you think that Gropius was his mom's maiden last name? Cause sometimes people's middle's name was once their mom's last name. Also Gropius reminds me of the word Group with ius added to it to make it sound roman...which Unova has some feel of in it's Pokemon league which looks Greco-Roman to me...also Rome had two brothers...who fought...and who raised by a wolf (Reshiram is kind of wolf like)...

miley810

Assassin
Years
I read Harmonia was his last name, not his middle name. Me and my friend pretended like it was Nick Harmonia...and she loves N, but she makes fun of him in our game because I said he liked me before she could. She's very weird. I am N obsessed!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Alright, so out of curiousity I googled seached Gropius and found that it's a German surname, nothing else...but the fact that it's german is interesting...could it mean that Gen VI is in Germany?!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Given his use of Pokemon that only lived in certain areas when you battled him (cept the final), Nature Harmony Group makes sense.

PelipperMail

Banned
Years
This name doesn't seem to 'flow' as well as I would have liked. In my mind, he will always, always be N. Natural Harmonia Gropius? Sounds like some sort of parkland, or German nature sanctuary. Either way, it doesn't sound like a human's name (maybe why the article claims that he is a Pokémon). I suppose it would make a very interested plot twist in the speculated third installment of Gen V when we discover that N is a Zoroark.

echolocated

rated R for robocop
Years
This name doesn't seem to 'flow' as well as I would have liked. In my mind, he will always, always be N. Natural Harmonia Gropius? Sounds like some sort of parkland, or German nature sanctuary. Either way, it doesn't sound like a human's name (maybe why the article claims that he is a Pokémon). I suppose it would make a very interested plot twist in the speculated third installment of Gen V when we discover that N is a Zoroark.

LOL well, he does have long, ridiculous hair like Zoroark's XD...anyway, really, Game Freak? Natural Harmonia Gropius? Now i know why he calls himself N. He's probably too embarassed to tell others what his real name is.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
This has to be the weirdest name in Pokémon, huh? So unfortunate for N. But maybe we'll know more about N this way...

I wasn't even expecting Gropius. But Gropius does make sense. A lot of sense when you think about it. (Seems like it's off another person's name.)

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
Natural Harmonia Gropius? Wow, what was Pokemon thinking, when they came up with this? A more simpler name would of been fine for me but why would they announce it now? Couldn't they have waited until the 3rd game (if they make one)?

:t354:TG

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
Years
I don't care what N's real name is I'm still obsessed with him <33333333
Even thought his real name is weird and retarded
Wait I thought his name represented a color or something 'cause like the seven sages each represents a color in different languages or something :O

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
I laughed so hard. Poor N.

They could have given him a manlier name.
I was hoping for something like Nathaniel.

LOL.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
The name is probably so it can be very similar internationally. I don't think Nathaniel or Nicolas or whatever would work in Japan. But Nature and a colour would have though. I hope he isn't decent from Pokemon, no thank you. And we've had enough Zoroark -_-

Musharna

~random artist appeared~
Years
Wut.

That has to be the dumbest name I've ever heard. Natural? Seriously...? That's not even a name. So yeah, I'm disappointed, I love N but this just doesn't work. I really am glad he's only referred to as 'N'. Poor kid though. Harmonia is kinda cool but Gropius just makes me think of Tropius and... I don't even... just no, don't like that name.

Dale

Captain Ressentiment
Years
Well bearing in mind, that that is someone's translation of his tweet, the actual translation would be different, as opposed to the definitions of the Japanese words used (Natural Harmonia Gropius).

Back