• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Please help, unable to play this game! I got the IPS file. Renamed fire red to darkrisingbeta1.gba, but when i start it's the normal fire red game. Tried renaming the ips file to .gba, it still doesn't work. How do i play this?? i am using a gameboid by the way.

My god. Wew! Did you already patch that ips to that fire red rom? If not, then download IPS patcher (Lunar IPS) then patch that IPS in a clean fire red rom then play it. That's it.

Dark_Thunder

Meet The Team! Team Infinity!
Years
Omg Omg! Finally Got An Account A While Ago. Id Like To Comment... Ive Always Wanted To Play! Now I Can! Keep Up The Good Work DarkRisingGirl.

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2019
Please tell me there is a some kind of an error/bug with Rufflet and Braviary in this game? I mean how can a 56 Level Braviary miss attacks such as Brave Bird , Thrash and Shadow Claw which have an accuracy of 100? Absolutely Insane. I get so frustrated and it does it many times. 1 out of 3 times it misses an attack. An Attack WHICH HAS AN ACCURACY OF 100??!!!!!. I have never trained a Braviary before and i hope someone can tell me it is not like this in the official games because it is a lovely pokemon and would like to train one in x and y? I mean i haven't seen any pokemon miss an attack which has 100 accuracy.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 19, 2014
Uhm can anyone help, I missed the mystic badge and hence I can't use fly. Plus, the Ice gym leader's dad is blocking the path preventing me from backtracking and I think you can't even go back through Amaris' Mansion. So I dunno does it mean I can't finish the game or is there a way back?

Pokenoob666

Frustrated Feraligator
Years
Hi. Is there any point in using Victini? If so, should 1 replace it with A. My typhlosion level 37 with flame wheel, swift, ember, and extrasensory. or B. My level 36 Musharna with Psybeam, psywave, hypnosis, and dream eater?

Years
Please tell me there is a some kind of an error/bug with Rufflet and Braviary in this game? I mean how can a 56 Level Braviary miss attacks such as Brave Bird , Thrash and Shadow Claw which have an accuracy of 100? Absolutely Insane. I get so frustrated and it does it many times. 1 out of 3 times it misses an attack. An Attack WHICH HAS AN ACCURACY OF 100??!!!!!. I have never trained a Braviary before and i hope someone can tell me it is not like this in the official games because it is a lovely pokemon and would like to train one in x and y? I mean i haven't seen any pokemon miss an attack which has 100 accuracy.
Maybe your Pokes stats are changed during the battle by the opponent or check the attacks using YAPE. I think DRG has changed these moves accuracy

Uhm can anyone help, I missed the mystic badge and hence I can't use fly. Plus, the Ice gym leader's dad is blocking the path preventing me from backtracking and I think you can't even go back through Amaris' Mansion. So I dunno does it mean I can't finish the game or is there a way back?
Yes I am sorry to say that without FLY you cannot progress later in the game... Man DRG or some other hack making team member should place something to prevent people from carelessly miss the Ice gym badge

Hi. Is there any point in using Victini? If so, should 1 replace it with A. My typhlosion level 37 with flame wheel, swift, ember, and extrasensory. or B. My level 36 Musharna with Psybeam, psywave, hypnosis, and dream eater?
Yeah I should advise you to replace Musharna with it as it is low speed poke and Victini is way cooler than it but it's entirely up to you

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Yes I am sorry to say that without FLY you cannot progress later in the game... Man DRG or some other hack making team member should place something to prevent people from carelessly miss the Ice gym badge
DRG who won't ever come back? Not really valid =D

Scrap Musharna. It's useless and Hypnosis + Dream Eater combo is too risky.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 19, 2014

Woow, thanks. I think I might be able to find an older savestate from back then in the recyclebin, if not, oh well I could restart later if I feel like it or just play another hack..

EDIT: Found one, I was at Amaris Mansion just beat her and about to exit, thankfully I had escape ropes to get back to the entrance ^^ so now I can get that badge :'( sucks I wasted that time though

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2015
who does the fire stone evolve? you have most of the evolutions on the attatched page with the download but i dont see any involving a fire stone???

Pokenoob666

Frustrated Feraligator
Years
goodbye musharna. btw, what levels should my pokemon be to defeat the guy in aroma town? i don't want to lose money fighting him.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
who does the fire stone evolve? you have most of the evolutions on the attatched page with the download but i dont see any involving a fire stone???
You can find list of evolutions on Serebii or bulbapedia.

goodbye musharna. btw, what levels should my pokemon be to defeat the guy in aroma town? i don't want to lose money fighting him.
Don't train to beat one trainer... grind as hell. You will really need it.
It's absolutely necessary to be at least over-leveled in every battle to have at least 90s for E4.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 13, 2013
I have a problem could anyone help me please? After defeating pete when he is possessed by darugis you normally can go onwards next to him but there is no opening :s how can i go further?

Pokenoob666

Frustrated Feraligator
Years
Don't train to beat one trainer... grind as hell. You will really need it.
It's absolutely necessary to be at least over-leveled in every battle to have at least 90s for E4.[/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/QUOTE]
soooooo, based on his levels, in the 50's? ugh. once i find some better opponents to vs seek i will vs seek the hell out of them! they will feel my (pokemon's) almighty wrath!

ThorShadow525

Shadowflame Elitist
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 21, 2013
This is my team:
Excadrill
Pupitar
Larvesta
Shelgon
Lanturn
Breloom

Any pokemon to add or take away or any special movesets you guys recommend? I just hit Nursery Road and my pokemon are level 42.

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
I have no idea where to get pokeballs. I used them to catch new pokemon, and now I'm stuck with those pokemon I cought. Why do I have to battle so many wild pokemon without the abillity to catch any of them? And I even missed on one of the balls, so I just have a team of 5 pokemon. In the original games, you can buy pokeballs after getting your first 5. Now I feel like I have to train up a lot of pokemon I may never going to use once I finally get some pokeballs. Why would I want to have a team of several pokemon of the same type?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
This is my team:
Excadrill
Pupitar
Larvesta
Shelgon
Lanturn
Breloom

Any pokemon to add or take away or any special movesets you guys recommend? I just hit Nursery Road and my pokemon are level 42.
Breloom without Technician is not beast at all.
Lanturn is also not the best electric type you can get.

I have no idea where to get pokeballs. I used them to catch new pokemon, and now I'm stuck with those pokemon I cought. Why do I have to battle so many wild pokemon without the abillity to catch any of them? And I even missed on one of the balls, so I just have a team of 5 pokemon. In the original games, you can buy pokeballs after getting your first 5. Now I feel like I have to train up a lot of pokemon I may never going to use once I finally get some pokeballs. Why would I want to have a team of several pokemon of the same type?
You should be able to buy Pokeballs in the first city?

Back