• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: [Fire Red] Touched's Mega Evolution System (PATCH) (Re-Uploaded in 2019/09/05)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 10, 2022
I'm running into a bit of a problem with the patch.

For some reason, P3GE refuses to save evolution values as high as you have set, it just keeps reverting back.

With a bit of testing, I found that if you remove 4 of the none entries, then it will save.

Could you either tweak the patch to work with this, or tell us where we could edit this in a hex editor?

I haven't used PGE, and I don't have plans to make another patch, then I found the offsets of the evo index (but I don't know if it works, the Mega Evo was made in C then I think it needs additional editing than just changing the evo index, but try it if you want):

0x970848
0x9708DE
0x970A58

If it don't works, try Touched's thread and compile it, it's not hard to do because I did then I know what I'm talking about.

Hi everyone, I'm here to help you with doing Mega Evolution in your rom, I've made a patch of Touched's Mega Evolution System for people who don't know how to compile it and want an easier way to do it.

I only made it for G3HS because it is the best to work with evolutions in my opinion, sometimes I use G3T but not for new evo methods, I prefer to do manual editing on the evo table if not using G3HS.

Years
I haven't used PGE, and I don't have plans to make another patch, then I found the offsets of the evo index (but I don't know if it works, the Mega Evo was made in C then I think it needs additional editing than just changing the evo index, but try it if you want):

0x970848
0x9708DE
0x970A58

If it don't works, try Touched's thread and compile it, it's not hard to do because I did then I know what I'm talking about.

My bad, I meant G3HS. I use both, so I must of got them mixed up...

Eitherway, I'm still running into the issue of G3HS not saving the mega evolution method. Whenever I set something to mega-evolve, it keeps reverting it to evolve with happiness during the day.

From the looks of it, I'm the only one with this problem, so I probably goofed something up. I attached my .ini file, could you take a peek at it, and see if I messed something up?

Attachments

• PokeRoms.ini
    5.7 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 10, 2022
My bad, I meant G3HS. I use both, so I must of got them mixed up...

Eitherway, I'm still running into the issue of G3HS not saving the mega evolution method. Whenever I set something to mega-evolve, it keeps reverting it to evolve with happiness during the day.

From the looks of it, I'm the only one with this problem, so I probably goofed something up. I attached my .ini file, could you take a peek at it, and see if I messed something up?

I looked at your .ini, and you said when you remove 4 "None" it saves, it's because you really have four more "None" on 'evolutionmethodsproperties' than what I posted, and I found another problem, you have 3 less "None" on your 'evolutionmethods' than what I posted, then to fix it you only need:

evolutionmethods -> add 3 "None"

evolutionmethodsproperties -> remove 4 "None"

Last edited:
Years
I looked at your .ini, and you said when you remove 4 "None" it saves, it's because you really have four more "None" on 'evolutionmethodsproperties' than what I posted, and I found another problem, you have 3 less "None" on your 'evolutionmethods' than what I posted, then to fix it you only need:

evolutionmethods -> add 3 "None"

evolutionmethodsproperties -> remove 4 "None"

So, I made the fixes to the .ini, and yet, I was still running into errors. I was looking through the Touched's original post to see if I could find any hints to what wasn't working, when I realized somthing kind of embarrassing. This whole time, I forgot the keystone. ._.

From the sounds of it, my .ini wouldn't have worked anyway prior to fixing it, thanks for being patient with me. :)

By the way, may be worth having a reminder about the keystone (Gold Teeth by defult) in the OP, just to prevent newbies like me from derping up.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 10, 2022
So, I made the fixes to the .ini, and yet, I was still running into errors. I was looking through the Touched's original post to see if I could find any hints to what wasn't working, when I realized somthing kind of embarrassing. This whole time, I forgot the keystone. ._.

From the sounds of it, my .ini wouldn't have worked anyway prior to fixing it, thanks for being patient with me. :)

By the way, may be worth having a reminder about the keystone (Gold Teeth by defult) in the OP, just to prevent newbies like me from derping up.

No problem, I'm happy to help you, and I haven't made any information about things like the Key Stone because I made it by default, then before patching anything, everyone have to look at the original thread to know how it works.
See ya. ^^

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 5, 2023
If I use G3T instead of G3HS, it's still gonna work, right?
And if I just compile the script, will things would be done? Or I need to insert
ASM routine?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 10, 2022
If I use G3T instead of G3HS, it's still gonna work, right?

To use G3T you just need to edit it's INI to work with that system, but you have to make it yourself because I don't use G3T for Mega Evo, then I don't have the INI for it.

And if I just compile the script, will things would be done? Or I need to insert
ASM routine?

If you are talking about the activation script, you just need to compile the script then run it in-game.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 5, 2023
I have started using G3HS. I am using the INI file from the directory. But for some unknown reason, when I choose evolution as "Mega Evolution", it reverts to Friendship Day. Could you please help me at this?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 10, 2022
I have started using G3HS. I am using the INI file from the directory. But for some unknown reason, when I choose evolution as "Mega Evolution", it reverts to Friendship Day. Could you please help me at this?

Please look at the older posts, a guy has the same problem and I said how to fix it, be sure you edit the ini CORRECTLY with a lot of attention.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 5, 2023
I used and fixed the ini.file. I have got Gold teeth(default keystone) but its still not working. Am I missing something?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 10, 2022
I used and fixed the ini.file. I have got Gold teeth(default keystone) but its still not working. Am I missing something?

Have you set the vars? Are you pressing START before selecting a move?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 5, 2023
Yes...I also let my pokemon hold potion(as I select that item for mega evolution for test). But still not working. By the way Im not using JPANs hack engine(if thats necessary).

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 10, 2022
Yes...I also let my pokemon hold potion(as I select that item for mega evolution for test). But still not working. By the way Im not using JPANs hack engine(if thats necessary).

Then you have edited the INI wrongly, the fix might not be the same for all, and I never use any rom base, I don't use JPAN's because I think it's not necessary for anything, all my patches are made for roms based on BPRE 1.0 clean rom.

Tell me, how many "None" you have between Beauty and Mega Evolution? You need 238 "None" between them. You can just use Notepad++ to check it, copy the "None" between them to a new file then check if it have 238, if not, add/remove them if needed.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 5, 2023
Oh it seems the problem was in my INI...I added 248 None...
Now I have fixed it and it's working perfectly. Thank you for your help and sparing me your valuable time.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 5, 2023
I don't know if it's right to ask...but can I apply primal reversion with that patch?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 10, 2022
I don't know if it's right to ask...but can I apply primal reversion with that patch?

like Touched said in his post, Primal Reversion and Wishing Mega Evo aren't implemented, and he's not moving up with this system, but if you understand C programming you can use his original code to make a modified one with Primal Reversion.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 5, 2023
like Touched said in his post, Primal Reversion and Wishing Mega Evo aren't implemented, and he's not moving up with this system, but if you understand C programming you can use his original code to make a modified one with Primal Reversion.

I see

Back