• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dynamic Emerald Attack Rombase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainer 781

Dynamic Emerald Attack Rombase

Introduction:-
The aim of this project is to provide a dynamic rombase for Emerald with attacks and abilities from 4th-6th generations as well as updated moves, abilities and mechanics up to the latest Generation games.
The project is started by kleenexfeu. All the work till now has been done by him (except for a single tweak of Weakness Policy by me). But the ownership of this base has been now transferred to me.

The term dynamic here means that the hacker can decide where to place the rombase data (except the hooking part) in his/her project. So this feature enables the rombase to be compatible with in-progress hacks without needing to restarting their game to accomdate this base. (Though older saves will not be compatible after applying this base)
Also, this rombase is open-source. The coding part is mainly done in assembly language.

Features:-
Spoiler:

Installation And Usage:-
Spoiler:

Planned Features:-
Spoiler:

Bugs/Suggestions:-
Feel free to give ideas, submit bugs, report incomplete moves etc. The aim is to get all things properly working.
Also, you can mention the moves, abilities etc. that usually have a high usage in-game which have not been implemented or partially implemented. So in that way, I will save the useless crappy abilities, moves etc. for later.

Notes:-
Spoiler:

Download Link:-
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4otrrbza0rvz9zs/Base_Emeraldpreusage.zip?dl=0

Credits:-
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2021
Finally, hope you'll do great with the base.
In the planned features, you can add items expansion, I always planned to do it but never had time to do so. It'd be handy with all of the new item effect, the berries, the mega stones etc.
Anyways, good luck with that!

BluRose

blu rass
Years
Wow! The only real thing that FireRed can say for itself nowadays is that it has the Hacked Engine, but even most of these features are easy to implement yourself...
One question, though: How does one have working Giratina/Arceus formes without having expanded Pokémon? Or is it just confirmed that it works?

Years
I am so sorry, I cannot assemble it successful. Is there any steps I have missing?

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2016-04-23 00_59_01.png
    2016-04-23 00_59_01.png
    44.6 KB · Views: 2,569

Trainer 781

Sounds really good, it makes me even hesitate between FR and EM ^^
Thanks. Choose your base wisely. Personally, I like both.

Finally, hope you'll do great with the base.
In the planned features, you can add items expansion, I always planned to do it but never had time to do so. It'd be handy with all of the new item effect, the berries, the mega stones etc.
Anyways, good luck with that!
Ya. I will add it. It will be a optional feature though.

Wow! The only real thing that FireRed can say for itself nowadays is that it has the Hacked Engine, but even most of these features are easy to implement yourself...
One question, though: How does one have working Giratina/Arceus formes without having expanded Pokémon? Or is it just confirmed that it works?
I haven't tested it yet. But it should work along with the replaced Pokemon method also. Kleenex coded this so he can elaborate.

I am so sorry, I cannot assemble it successful. Is there any steps I have missing?
Oops, I accidentally deleted a folder. Re-download.

Ayonn-

The Unbelivable
Years
Thanks. Choose your base wisely. Personally, I like both.

Ya. I will add it. It will be a optional feature though.

I haven't tested it yet. But it should work along with the replaced Pokemon method also. Kleenex coded this so he can elaborate.

Oops, I accidentally deleted a folder. Re-download.

I know that hacking FR is easier, but some of your features are amazing, really ! And I played both, EM is in my heart ahaha...Awesome job again

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2021

Before assemblîg the base, you can choose the indexes of the pokes that will behave as arceus and the indexes of the plate. So it should works with expanded dex too. For non expanded dex, I'm sure it works as I tested it many times

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years

Usage with GBAPGE:

Spoiler:
First of all, the "GBA" prefix was dropped ages ago, making the program just "Pokemon Game Editor" but that's not too important. Offsets aren't prefixed with "&H" in the ini anymore, using your example "AttackNames=F05564" is the correct way. Also to define that you are using Jambo51's format you specify "MoveTableHack=True" in the ini. Most likely you are using an older version of Pokemon Game Editor. Regardless, nice job.

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 9, 2021
Also, you can mention the moves, abilities etc. that usually have a high usage in-game which have not been implemented or partially implemented. So in that way, I will save the useless crappy abilities, moves etc. for later.

Well in competitive battling entry hazards like stealth rock/toxic spikes are used a lot, it would be nice to see them implemented.

(You knew I'd ask this disn't you ;))

Years
Although it was compiled successfully, but the Lunar IPS doesn't recognize its file type: .bin. How can I do?:(

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2016-04-23 11_09_51.png
    2016-04-23 11_09_51.png
    35.2 KB · Views: 2,482
Last edited:

Trainer 781

I know that hacking FR is easier, but some of your features are amazing, really ! And I played both, EM is in my heart ahaha...Awesome job again
Thanks again!

Did you make any changes in "startcode.asm". Also try using HackMew's assembler. Link provided in the notes section.

First of all, the "GBA" prefix was dropped ages ago, making the program just "Pokemon Game Editor" but that's not too important. Offsets aren't prefixed with "&H" in the ini anymore, using your example "AttackNames=F05564" is the correct way. Also to define that you are using Jambo51's format you specify "MoveTableHack=True" in the ini. Most likely you are using an older version of Pokemon Game Editor. Regardless, nice job.
Thanks! OP updated in accordance with the new version!

Well in competitive battling entry hazards like stealth rock/toxic spikes are used a lot, it would be nice to see them implemented

(You knew I'd ask this disn't you ;))
Well, I'll move it in a higher priority list. It not used too much, in-game though. But with properly planned trainers with a modified AI they can provide a challenge.

Although it was compiled successfully, but the Lunar IPS doesn't recognize its file type: .bin. How can I do?:(
You didn't create the patch.
Open Lunar IPS. Click the 'Create IPS' patch button. Then select 'basepatch.bin' as the original unmodified file. And 'rombase.bin' as the modified file. It will create the ips file. Then apply the ips.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Thanks! OP updated in accordance with the new version!

Also forgot to mention, the roms.ini shouldn't be edited directly anymore either. All that's needed is an ini with the same name in the same directory.

Example:
INIexample.png

Any plans of putting this on Github? This is something I'd consider helping with since I've been thinking about doing something similar.

jiangzhengwenjzw

now working on katam
Years
  • Seen today
I've successfully created the patch but i didn't follow your instruction:
I use the default offset for Myloc (0xFC7C00), but I should use ".equ Condition_To_Assemble, 0" to compile.

However you've said in your thread:
If you specify a value for "Myloc" less than 0xD97BC0, set Condition_To_Assemble to 0, otherwise set it to 1.
and in the file startcode.asm:
@@@ Set the Condition_To_Assemble below to 1 if you're assembling your code before the 0xD97BC0 region, set it to 1 otherwise.

So.............. (Sad look)

If anyone want to see the patch:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/xyy3od6zrht0yxv/KdsDynEmPatch.ips

Last edited:

Trainer 781

Also forgot to mention, the roms.ini shouldn't be edited directly anymore either. All that's needed is an ini with the same name in the same directory.

Example:

Any plans of putting this on Github? This is something I'd consider helping with since I've been thinking about doing something similar.

I'll add this point also. Though, I already assumed that the hacker is putting the ROM and the ini in the same folder.
I'll put this to GitHub, once I manage to finish the automated installer.

How do I even assemble a asm file?
Check FBI's ASM tutorial in this sub-forum.

Tailwind effect is incomplete, the failed string part was missing. When I reused it again, the game would be crashed immediately.
That was a mistake on my part. Now it is corrected. Re-download.

I've successfully created the patch but i didn't follow your instruction:
I use the default offset for Myloc (0xFC7C00), but I should use ".equ Condition_To_Assemble, 0" to compile.

However you've said in your thread:

and in the file startcode.asm:

So.............. (Sad look)

If anyone want to see the patch:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/xyy3od6zrht0yxv/KdsDynEmPatch.ips
Whoopsy! OP updated. What is mentioned in the ASM file is correct.. In the OP.

looking great.looking promising.

good luck for base.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back