• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon: Phoenix Rising

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Just gonna leave these here~

don__t_fret__for_now_is_not_the_time_for_grieving__by_callmegav-d5qkkp7.png
especially_on_a_winter__s_evening____by_callmegav-d5qkkjc.png
looks_can_be_deceiving__by_callmegav-d5qkkdy.png

Some small errors I'm already aware of and fixing :]
leik if u cried at seeing PR again

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 7, 2014
Just gonna leave these here~

don__t_fret__for_now_is_not_the_time_for_grieving__by_callmegav-d5qkkp7.png
especially_on_a_winter__s_evening____by_callmegav-d5qkkjc.png
looks_can_be_deceiving__by_callmegav-d5qkkdy.png

Some small errors I'm already aware of and fixing :]
leik if u cried at seeing PR again
Damn, these maps are just so beautiful!

And how long does it take for Game Freak to launch an official title? Even with a full team of people, it takes them a few months, even a year or so. It's not surprising that this game hasn't been released yet.

You must also take into consideration that Abnegation and his team have lives to fulfill. He is doing this as a hobby, not as a profession.

Well I'm not complaining.
Seeing all these amazing images allrdy makes the wait worth it.
Hell, even if it took another 3 years, I still wouldn't complain! I rather see a fully completed and perfect product, then a half finished one.
Awe.gif

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Well just as a matter of reference, I really don't want to get into release dates, but GameFreak actually take about 3 years or so to develop a game, with a team of over 1,000. We are just 4 now, and 3 composers who work more sporadically as of late. On top of the fact we do this in our spare time, and don't get paid or anything. So for a title this ambitious, things will take a while. I just hope that people keep following us until we have something to give you guys to play.

Triple R

PokéFan Incognito
Years
...Wow. You really are short on staff. I wish I knew enough about designing videogames to help. Still, I'll keep following this developing game at least until there's a demo (and, far more likely than not, well after I've played the demo several times), so...I guess I'm content with cheering from the sidelines.

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2014
Well just as a matter of reference, I really don't want to get into release dates, but GameFreak actually take about 3 years or so to develop a game, with a team of over 1,000. We are just 4 now, and 3 composers who work more sporadically as of late. On top of the fact we do this in our spare time, and don't get paid or anything. So for a title this ambitious, things will take a while. I just hope that people keep following us until we have something to give you guys to play.

Well compared to them, u guys are still doing an amazing job.
Keep up the good work and hopefully we'll see an awesome game at the end of this journey
Awww.png

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
The only thing I'd say (and this is probably can't be changed) but the OW sprite of the male protagonist looks like a female. I keep mistaking him for a female, even though I've seen the two side by side.

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2014
The only thing I'd say (and this is probably can't be changed) but the OW sprite of the male protagonist looks like a female. I keep mistaking him for a female, even though I've seen the two side by side.

Maybe it's the "long" hair and especially the red hairband thing.
Like in this image:
334.png

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
When you see him in larger sprites (also seen in the game) you see quite well what his gender is.

Trainer%20Sprite.png

Intro%20sprites.png

Admittedly, you can see him as looking quite feminine, but it's probably your perception of hairstyles :p

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2014
Now I look at this image:
334.png

What are the white stripes in his hair?First I thought it was for the hairband, but the stripes look much larger then then the red band itself.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
That's a really outdated screenshot, in which is in the outdated screenshots section in fact. I do plan on updating the main post soon however. You can tell by the tiles that everything looks different even. That's about a year old.

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2014
That's a really outdated screenshot, in which is in the outdated screenshots section in fact. I do plan on updating the main post soon however. You can tell by the tiles that everything looks different even. That's about a year old.

Oh I see now,looking at more screens I noticed it gets different;
Cliffs.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2022
Well having a project as cool as this one at a standstill is no good. If you know exactly what you need done scripting-wise, why not hire a freelance RGSS scripter to do it and make a Kickstarter to get the money for it. This is such a popular project that people are bound to contribute a little bit to help make it work. Just a thought. Good luck, I'm looking forward to completion someday!

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
Years
This graphics have always appealed to me greatly.I just have one inquiry about team chance:No Aces? or are you plotting something devious with that ?

Triple R

PokéFan Incognito
Years
^ Furthermore, couldn't Dark-Type Gym Leader Jack get confused for a member of Team Chance? ...Oh, wait. Is he actually...?

GGGB

Trainer Gratoku
Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
is this finished?
is there a beta/final or alpha release?
where is the link?

Triple R

PokéFan Incognito
Years
There are just so many 'fans' too lazy to check the previous pages, the comments on the current page, or, heck, even the rules and just rude enough to ask for a beta, alpha, or release date. It isn't fair to the Phoenix Rising team, considering all of the work that has gone into the project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back