• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film Last Movie You Watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
Well the title says what this thread is about. What was the last movie that you watched? Was it a movie about your favorite singer? Or was it a funny movie? Out of 10 what rating would you give it? You can right a review or how you think the movie went if you want to.

Years
The last movie I watched was "Drive" starring Ryan Gossling. It had some really strong points, including an amazing electro-synth soundtrack by Kavinsky. It also had some very interesting cinematography. I really enjoyed the opening scene, however almost every scene afterwords just felt flat. I mean for a movie called "Drive" it really didn't have a lot of car chase/action scenes in it.

I felt the film was too slow, and that the build-up that eventually did come was flat and uninteresting. I enjoyed Bryan Cranston and Ron Perlman's performances, but disliked most of the rest of the cast, mainly Carey Mulligan.

I guess if i had to pick a word to describe this movie it would be underwhelming. It wouldn't say it was a bad movie though. Just not something that would hold my interest more than once. I'm wouldn't rewatch it. Maybe reading the novel will change my perspective. I sometimes feel there is a point to this movie that I didn't get. I don't know. I'd give it a 6/10.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Technically it was Precure All-Stars DX2 with my daughter, but that was purely for her.

The last movie I watched for myself was Blow (Johnny Depp, Penelope Cruz, Paul Reubens - surprisingly good cast). For years my brother's told me about how it's his favorite movie, so I watched it a while ago. It was...good. I didn't find the story incredible enough to warrant such a high-profile movie, but that's just me.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Last movie I saw was Warm Bodies with Nicholas Hoult and Teresa Palmer. I reviewed it in my blog, which can be found right here.

Altomare

Purupuru!
Years
Harry Potter and the Chamber of secrets, with my sister.
It's one of my favorites, I think that the chamber of slytherin looks cool.
I'd give it 8/10.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
The last movie I watched (More like a documentary) was, The Rock: The Most Electrifying Man In Sports entertainment.

It shows The Rock's most important matches in his life, or the best ones he had until he retired for the first time. This is a great documentary, highly recommended for every WWE fans out there.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
The last movie that I saw was the Lorax because my son loves to watch it over and over again. :3 It's a great film for children and adults and I really enjoy it. I don't want to rate it because I don't like rating systems, but I always find it quite enjoyable the hundreds of times I've seen it probably.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I watched (most of) We Need to Talk About Kevin (Tilda Swinton, John C. Reilly) with some friends via Livestream yesterday and it was... alright. It was absolutely not one of my favorite drama/psych. thriller movies, and it was harder to follow than anything I'd seen before, but it was an alright movie, in bare bones, though I wouldn't watch it again to preserve my sanity.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2. Yeah. Not going to be seeing that movie again for a looooong time. Not saying it was bad (I really enjoyed it) but just the feels that come with that movie are too much for my soul. ow.

Scripturient

I think I've lost it.
Years
I just recently saw "The Artist". It was enjoyable enough. I guess I was a bit late on getting around to seeing it. 7/10

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I think the last movie I saw was The Hobbit, boy that was a long time ago haha. It was an amazing film so far that I've watched it three times already and that's without having watched the LotR trilogy, so I'm expecting good things from them! I just haven't had time to watch many films recently, I miss doing so D:

Years
I just watched Iron Sky, the movie where Nazis escaped to the moon and invade Earth decades later. It got so much hype for a while and I knew that if I ever had the chance I would see it just because it seemed like one of those movies that was so over the top with its ridiculous premise that it could be fun. And it was. It was not a great movie in terms of acting or writing, but it was mindless fun.

Years
Saw The Hobbit a few weeks ago. Being a huge LotR fan, I was extremely satisfied with the movie, and though it was very amazing. I saw the movie with a few friends, who AREN'T LotR fans, and they were a little...less appreciative of the movie.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
The last movie I think I remember seeing was "The Secret of NIMH", I like watching animated movies featuring animals. I fell asleep in the last half hour, not because movie was boring, but I was sleepy after work and a big meal.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm not a big movie person, so the last movie I saw was ummm...I wanna say Parental Guidance, which was back in December. Surprisingly, it wasn't that bad a flick. I enjoyed the opening jokes and it was pretty clever. Nicely done, for one of those silly family flicks. But it shows a nice balance of how the new wave of parents raise their children as opposed to the older ways, and I thought it was well done.

We were supposed to see Guilt Trip btw. The theater's website lied to us, so we had to pick another movie that day and...that's what we chose lmao.

Years
The last two movies I watched were Shrek and Shrek 2, just because I saw them on TV as part of a marathon. A lot of good jokes thrown in there that I always forget about until I see it again, so they're always a good watch (still haven't seen the other 2).

I couldn't even tell you the last new movie I watched (The Avengers, maybe?). I don't actually watch movies all that often, and might only see two or three a year. The last time I can even remember going to the theatres was for Tropic Thunder, and that came out back in 2008.

AmericanWonderland

Sassmaster
Years
The last movie I watched was Pitch Perfect, and I had already seen it, but it was still rather entertaining, it helps that I like music and it's funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back