• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Zekrom and Reshirem

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Well we still don't know why Black Kyurem and White Kyurem look like they do.

I still think their signature moves, Fusion Flare and Fusion Bolt will be important.

Flygon-Gal

Fly Away!
Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2012
Maybe they're catchable after you've finished the game - like dialga and plakia were in platinum. I really don't know, don't think they wouldn't put them in at all.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
personally, I'd be happier with the two not being available to capture, since the player and N got them two years ago

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
I think whichever Pokemon was N's (zekrom in black, reshiram in white) is the one that Kyurem steals the DNA from (black kyurem in black, white Kyurem in white) hence their appearence on the boxart that way.
Not sure what happens to the previous protagonist's legendary though.

torchickensandwich

<-- this guy
Years
The whole thing is just a little confusing to me. Apparently Reshiram and Zekrom were formed when a single pokemon split. If you look into their history it explains everything, such as yin/yang/wuji.

It definitely seemed like Kyurem was going to be that original pokemon. However, we're now seeing that Kyurem has two entirely different forms, one of which is a combination of Kyurem/Reshiram and another of Kyurem/Zekrom. At first I thought White Kyurem and Black Kyurem were fused pokemon, such as if Kyurem were a sort of parasite that took control of a host (in this case Reshiram or Zekrom depending on its form). This doesn't appear to be the case though as it seems White Kyurem and Black Kyurem are forms of Kyurem and have nothing to do with Reshiram or Zekrom other than a few similarities in appearance.

I'm also wondering if these new forms have anything to do with that original pokemon that separated to form Reshiram and Zekrom or if they're completely different from it. I hope that N still has his Reshiram/Zekrom and if you encounter the original protagonists they will also have their Reshiram/Zekrom.

Of course, we'll know the truth once the games come out but it's always fun to speculate :]

Peeta

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Mar 6, 2014
They might not have much of a role at all, or might have to team up in order to fight White or Black Kyurem... it will be interesting and I can't wait to find out. I hope they're both catchable ni the same game ^^ but I think they might be version exclusives.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
N is in the game and in the animated trailer the shadow of a dragon was seen flying over the tower. Im assuming its the Dragon that N captured. I think Reshiram/Zekrom will have somewhat of a role or at least the one N captures will. The one Hilda/Hilbert captures might not at all if the captures are considered canon.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
I am thinking that they will not play ANY role at all in the story, well, except for perhaps a brief cameo regarding Kyurem's background. Other than that, none.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Usually I'd go with the theory that they'll be obtainable after the league, like Groudon and Kyogre or Palkia and Dialga were before; but that was for 3rd installments. I don't know how it will work out on this one. Maybe the version's mascot will play an important role along side Kyurem and then post-elite 4 you can catch the other. And the one that plays the important role is obtainable pre-elite 4 like before.

Back