• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you like the character remakes in B/W?

bulbasir

Just call me Mr. Sir...
Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2013
I am still watching the advanced generation series, but I've seen some of the character redesigns. Is it just me or do they all look really really similar to each other? I find it creepy...Nurse Joy also looks like shes 12 :S
What's your opinion on the new look?

Years
I am still watching the advanced generation series, but I've seen some of the character redesigns. Is it just me or do they all look really really similar to each other? I find it creepy...Nurse Joy also looks like shes 12 :S
What's your opinion on the new look?
What do you mean. Your question is still not clear to me.. Are you trying to ask about the Advance Generations only?

bulbasir

Just call me Mr. Sir...
Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2013
I wanted to ask what people thought of the new look of the characters in the Best Wishes series (some of them look really different to me than from the previous series), and just was saying that I haven't watched Best Wishes yet. I am still watching the Advanced series but have seen some of the new character looks in Best Wishes, and didnt really like them

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 5, 2022
Yep, they do look creepily similar but I like the good quality, beats the old series quality...

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
The quality is definitely better.
I'm okay with the redesigns too. However, I still don't like Ash's redesign. I know that they did that with his eyes because everyone else has fuller eyes, but it makes him look kinda weird IMO. And I think they made him shorter as well.

So yeah, I'm okay with everyone's redesign except Ash's.

zdude18

Lone Wolf
Years
yeah i didnt like them at first, but watching so many episodes makes you get used to them, and theyve grown on me. cilan and iris took me the longest to get used to tho. contrary to what you said about ash's eyes, i actually wish they had done that earlier, no one has black eyes and i think it looks better. as said before the video quality is definitely better but thats because of technology advances really.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 8, 2013
I don't know if you're just talking about appearance, but in terms of personality Team Rocket's lack of such breaks my heart. As for the appearances, I honestly don't care that much but I think Cilan's eyes are weird as heck.

bulbasir

Just call me Mr. Sir...
Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2013
I don't know if you're just talking about appearance, but in terms of personality Team Rocket's lack of such breaks my heart. As for the appearances, I honestly don't care that much but I think Cilan's eyes are weird as heck.
I don't think I would be able to stand the voice change, James is easily the funniest character for me with his hilarious laugh

zdude18

Lone Wolf
Years
I don't think I would be able to stand the voice change, James is easily the funniest character for me with his hilarious laugh
i thought the same when i was watching the advanced generation, but you get used to it, and now i even believe that some of the voice changes were for the better. also team rocket doesnt lose all of their personality, theyre not as funny but they still "do it for the boss". imo ash sounds better now than before.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
The new looks always bugged me because Jenny's hair is too short now and Joy's hair placement is annoying me. I wish I could grow Jenny's hair and fix Joy's because I don't like the way it looks.

bulbasir

Just call me Mr. Sir...
Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2013
Is it just me or does nurse Joy look like she's 12 or something? I've only seen pictures but she looks like a kid

Years
The new Nurse Joy does look alright, and I love her Audino. Officer Jenny on the other hand looks pretty horrid imo, her hair is too short and I don't like her new uniform. Also, I do have a mixed thought on their new voices.

And no I don't think Ash's eyes look creepy, they are just updating his eyes to look like various characters as depicted in the official artwork.

Back