• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Darkrai/Hydreigon

Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2013
This is a deck i've made with some of my favorite pokemon. But I haven't had a chance to really try it out so i wanted to see what you think. I would like to think of it as tournament worthy but if i'm wrong, i'll gladly take notice.

Pokemon (13)

2x Darkrai EX (DE/63)
1x Mewtwo EX (ND/54)
3x Deino
2x Hydreigon (PF/78)
1x Hydreigon - Dark Trance (DrEx/97)
2x Zorua - Ascension (DE/69)
2x Zoroark - Foul Play (BW/71)

Supporters (15)

4x Skyla
3x N
3x Professor Juniper
2x Colress
3x Cheren

Trainers (19)

3x Dark Patch
2x Enhanced Hammer
3x Rare Candy
4x Dark Claw
3x Pokemon Catcher
2x Team Plasma Ball
2x Hypno Laser

Energies (13)

3x Double Colorless
6x Dark Basic
2x Plasma Energy
2x Blend Energy DPFG

My goal with this deck is to constantly have my pokemon and my opponent switching out a lot at my command using my darkrais along with my plasma hydreigons and pokemon catchers. The foul play move with Zoroark is one of my favorites. Especially when it is used against numerous EX pokemon. I included the 2 blend energies only for if Im forced to use my dark trance hydreigon as an attacker.

Thanks for looking at it and i appreciate any feedback you might have

shaswatdgr8pokefan

elite trainer
Years
I have a very similar deck except that i dont have Darkrai EX or Mewtwo EX (aint that lucky, bub), instead i have Plasma Giratina and Meloetta with Echoed voice and a Kyurem added in good measure. I lose half the time against EXs (wen i win, it is close 6-5 or 6-4) but sweep Non-EX decks off their feet easily.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I'd take out the Zoroark and Zorua sice they're kind of just extras in the deck in my opinion. Try focusing more on your Darkrai and Hydreigon. If you're playing Plasma energies, Colress Machine could help a lot, don't you think?
Also, if the goal of your deck is to keep making your opponent switch out, the HTL could be useless because you're going to make them switch out, which won't have enough time for the DoT to kick in.

I play a Darkrai deck, I'll post the decklist if you want.

Back