• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In depth Advance Map tutorial

FloatingClouds

Champion CSSer
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2011

bsighnpost.png
Sig[h no h.....]nposts [so its signposts]

A sighnpost is the most generic of the events. It's usually just used as its name implies, as a sighnpost. Although... A sighpost can also be used as a hidden item!
(or secret base in ruby, saphire, emerald)

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
Years
A very nice tutorial.
Helpful to rookies and advanced users. =)

Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2011
Question: How would I make an event that would be the Deoxys triangle and when the player examined it (pressed A) it would start a wild encounter with a pokemon of my choice.
If you want me to go more in-depth I'll send you a PM since i don't want anyone knowing about my hack until it's finished or at least ready for a BETA.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2016
i just want to ask about, how can i create my own city name without removing other map name,

example.

i create this i should name this as "nerd city"
then go to header right? i select the name but they are all occupied!
if i name it pallet and change to "nerd", the original pallet town will rename as nerd,
the result, 2 nerd cities appeared, the one i create, and the one below route 101

Archmaster

The Last Archmaster
Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2010
Wow, this was really useful. Thanks dude!!

EDIT:
Oops, very important question. Is it possible to make a game from scratch in advance map? If not, how to I use different tiles? Cus the tiles in FR aren't too good...

Last edited:

Dylanimus

as seen on YouTube
Years
Evolutions

Hi, I know how to work with advance map but do you know why, if I bring a treecko to level 16 in FireRed, the pokémon evolves but stays the same pokémon, if I level it up again (to level 17), then does the same thing happen, can you please help me!?

Thank you VM!!!!!!!

Late

Pokémon Artist
Years
Hi, I know how to work with advance map but do you know why, if I bring a treecko to level 16 in FireRed, the pokémon evolves but stays the same pokémon, if I level it up again (to level 17), then does the same thing happen, can you please help me!?

Thank you VM!!!!!!!

Fire Red needs National Dex to evolve every Pokémon, you can evolve only Kanto Pokémon normally at first.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Wow, this was really useful. Thanks dude!!

EDIT:
Oops, very important question. Is it possible to make a game from scratch in advance map? If not, how to I use different tiles? Cus the tiles in FR aren't too good...

Uhh..no, you can't make a game from scratch. Because you're just editing a map and you need to open a rom.
You can find plenty of tile inserting tutorials around here P:

Dylanimus

as seen on YouTube
Years
---

Thanks for telling me!

So, if I understand, I need to change the script and give the hero a Nat. Pokédex from the beginning...

Last edited:

EDB

Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2015
I seem to be having trouble getting a warp to work... Before you all go ballistic and point me at the tile behaviour etc., I'll mention that I've tried all that.

Basically I want a cave entrance to act as a warp. I'm hacking FireRed and the current zone I'm in is an edit of Veridian City, which by default doesn't have any behaviour set for cave entrances. I went into block editor and set it to 67 00 (normal warp), after using other caves dotted around the game as precendents.

However, the warp still doesn't work. I does work, however, if I set it to Warp/Door. This isn't that great though, because it has the wrong sound.

Any suggestions/ideas as to how to solve this/why this is happening?

Kind thanks in advance.

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2011
OK...I ran into a problem, I am editing Viridian forest, and I need a 2x2 border block not a 3x2 border block. Any idea how to change this??

Oney

SHADOW
Years
PROBLEM!

Why aren't there, the images of a puddle, i mean i can't make all angles
of a puddle because there aren't the ones i need, and also some blocks aren't in
the map so how do i add them?

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
The blocks of the puddle are there, aren't they?
And you use a block editor to add blocks that you need. It's the one with the puzzle icon.
There are "x-flip" and "y-flip" boxes which you can check to rotate the blocks. It should all be on the front page.

Back